Who is... COUNT INFINITY?

Lord Liaden

Re: Who is... COUNT INFINITY?

I'm sure my thoughts have been mentioned, but I think I might add this character concept to my campaign. This is what I'll be doing (rough draft):

Count Infinity is either from the future or the present. He is a history buff and collector, and a part of high society. With his research for items unique, he -like many before- stumbled onto stories of fountains of youth and spells for immortality. After discarding those that were blatantly false, he searched for those that had some reliability to them; after several disappointments, one of them turned out to be successful and the count became immortal.

Unfortunately, the count offended a mystical group [GM's preference] and was banished with a spell. The spell activated the count's latent metagene and he was transported several centuries into the past. It took some time to adjust to his new life, but after a decade, he was successful. Being an avid collector of historical and valuable items, the count knew a bit about the time period he was sent to and eventually was able to manipulate society to become royalty. Since he had plenty of time to distract himself, the count searched far and wide and delved into magic. Over the years, he was able to stumble on magics that activated his latent metagene which gave him time powers (lower point levels of those listed in USPD) which allowed him to start obtaining expensive collectables. Along with his mystical studies he was able to unlock another metagene that allowed the count to create duplicates.

Over the centuries, the count has pretended to die off and be replaced by his children, which were just duplicates or him with a spell. Today, the Count's abilities fall under temporal powers, duplication and magic. His m.o. is a reverse Robin Hood style; he steals from the burglars and gives to himself. He can only transport himself back one or two days, but he can stop time as well as slow it down or speed it up for others.

While not a typical super villain, he does rob the burglars who have stolen from others. He doesn't return the merchandise.

Well, something like that will be my idea.

PS: This is a modification of the temporal powered villain "Chronos Rex" that I was going to introduce. Take any ideas you like for yourself.

Rod, Kirby, thanks for your contributions. :) Your ideas all have long-term potential, as do most of those posted to this thread. Which makes me feel good about starting it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are several Counts Infinity running around various campaigns in future. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the Silver Age-y observations by all you insolent dolts. :P

I wouldn't be surprised if there are several Counts Infinity running around various campaigns in future. ;)

Oh, and thanks for the Silver Age-y observations by all you insolent dolts. :P

Already working on how to get one or more of these concepts into my own games...

Or maybe all of them...

eventually at once :)

"I am Count Infinity..."

"No, I am Count Infinity!"

"You fetid pretender, there is only ONE TRUE Count Infinity, and he is I!"

and so on...

:)

Count infinity IS the possessor of the cosmic key the lost key to all creation he has lived many lives in many places sometimes a hero some times a villain but always traveling. Sustained by the key seemingly immortal all knowing and indefatigable

He has journeyed across the multiverse through time space and mythic realms experienced hells and heavens beyond measure and done more than any man may dream. He is the master of esoteric martial arts from a dozen worlds, the possessor of strange and wonderful technology, a wielder frightening and awesome magic’s. Scholar, adventurer, enigma, count infinity is all these things and more.

Campaign use as

Neutral uses: As a guide, information source or mentor

Villainous uses: A bored but devious master villain an extra dimensional robin hood or leader of an extra dimensional invasion.

Heroic uses as the recruiter for an extra dimensional war, team financier, the worlds greatest hero?

I see Count Infinity more like a cross between Count Nefaria and Vandal Savage. Basically a guy who's kinda tough and can't die ... as added fun, I would also give him serial immortality ... basically grows a new body when he dies ...

I see Count Infinity more like a cross between Count Nefaria and Vandal Savage. Basically a guy who's kinda tough and can't die ... as added fun' date=' I would also give him serial immortality ... basically grows a new body when he dies ...[/quote']

Now this is where I was headed with my suggestion, only I would have each new "body" have a new power set. Maybe tack on an ancient curse/prophecy that the only way he can end the cycle is to die an "infinite" number of times or kill an "infinite" number of people (one or the other).

Just imagine a villain who tries to get killed by the heroes so that he can tack another one onto his death count to infinity. Really messes with the whole "Code vs. Killing" when the villain is TRYING to get you to kill him.

Already working on how to get one or more of these concepts into my own games...

Or maybe all of them...

eventually at once :)

"I am Count Infinity..."

"No, I am Count Infinity!"

"You fetid pretender, there is only ONE TRUE Count Infinity, and he is I!"

and so on...

:)

Well, Count Infinity could be handled like Marvel Comics' Rama-Tut/ Scarlet Centurion/ Kang/ Immortus: the same or similar individuals at various stages in their careers, or from parallel timelines or realities where their lives took different turns.

Several of the concepts presented on this thread would lend themselves to that. That would probably be the ultimate embodiment of the name "Count Infinity."

Well, Count Infinity could be handled like Marvel Comics' Rama-Tut/ Scarlet Centurion/ Kang/ Immortus: the same or similar individuals at various stages in their careers, or from parallel timelines or realities where their lives took different turns.

Several of the concepts presented on this thread would lend themselves to that. That would probably be the ultimate embodiment of the name "Count Infinity."

That is a cool idea! Rep for you!

Since someone asked:

"I need a name for a techno-mystic villain for an upcoming Champs campaign. He’s intended to be a major recurring menace, filling Dr. Destroyer’s role in my world.

He’s probably going to be the ruler of a small Eastern European country, a la Dr. Doom. I’m kinda feeling a name with a modifier like ‘Doctor’ or ‘Count’ or the like."

... I suggested COUNT INFINITY. :D

So, now we know who he is!

Guest WhammeWhamme

For another way of using the 'many Count Infinities'... have him be like CA Radford.

There is only one Count Infinity. But every time you meet him, his name, origin, apearance, powers, personality (and more?) have changed. At random.

Infinite variation. One set of memories (well, since he acquired his powers/the curse of mutability).

Since someone asked:

"I need a name for a techno-mystic villain for an upcoming Champs campaign. He’s intended to be a major recurring menace, filling Dr. Destroyer’s role in my world.

He’s probably going to be the ruler of a small Eastern European country, a la Dr. Doom. I’m kinda feeling a name with a modifier like ‘Doctor’ or ‘Count’ or the like."

... I suggested COUNT INFINITY. :D

So, now we know who he is!

Very good.!

Name: Count Infinity

Alternate IDs: Too many to list :)

Val Char Roll Notes

12 STR 11- HTH Damage 2d6 END [1]

20 DEX 13- OCV 7 DCV 7

14 CON 12-

16 BODY 12-

20 INT 13- PER Roll 13-

17 EGO 12- ECV: 6

20 PRE 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

20 COM 13-

6/30 PD

6/30 ED

4 SPD

10 REC Run: 10"

50 END Swim: 5"

40 STUN Leap: 2"

Disadvantages Pts

Distinctive Features: Sprinkles his conversation with words from non-English languages (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 10

Enraged: If insulted or taunted (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11- 20

Hunted: Circle of the Scarlet Moon 8- (Mo Pow, Watching) 5

Hunted: Trismegistus Council 8- (Mo Pow, Watching) 5

Normal Characteristic Maxima 20

Psychological Limitation: Obsessive Art Collector (Very Common, Strong) 20

Psychological Limitation: Meddles in the affairs others (Uncommon, Strong) 10

Psychological Limitation: Believes himself superior to the rest of humanity (Common, Total) 20

Reputation: Eccentric vampire or demon, 11- (Known Only To A Small Group) [Notes: False reputation: Mystics only] 5

Reputation: Man of unlimited resources, 14- (Known Only To A Small Group) [Notes: High Society] 10

Rivalry: Professional, DEMON(, Rival is More Powerful, Seek to Harm or Kill Rival, Rival Unaware of Rivalry 10

Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major) 15

Character Experience 972

XP 0

Base : 200

Disads : +1122

XP Spent : +0

Total = 1022

151 : Characteristics Cost

702 + Powers Cost

169 + Martial Arts/Skills/Perks/Talents Cost

1022 = Total Cost

Pts. Power/Skill/Perk/Talent END

Powers

75 Time Powers: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Age Manipulation: Major Transform 4d6 (anything into older / younger / newer / version of itself, The application of any chronal manipulative power), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (75 Active Points) 7

5u 2) Fast Time Bubble: Aid Speed 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Custom Modifier (Recipient must spend 2 END per point of Extra SPD gained per phase while Aid remains in effect; -1/2) 0

7u 3) No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn: Energy Blast 7d6, No Normal Defense (Temporal / dimensional manipulation powers or LS [Diminished sleep]; +1) (70 Active Points) 7

7u 4) Slow Time Bubble: Drain SPD 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) (75 Active Points) 7

4u 5) Stop Time: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Single Point in Time), Position Shift (45 Active Points) 4

6u 6) Temporal Acceleration: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, No Normal Defense (temporal / dimensional manipulation powers or LS [Longevity]; +1), Does BODY (+1), Continuous (+1) (60 Active Points) 6

30 Time Powers: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

20 1) Rapid Healing: Healing BODY 6d6 (60 Active Points); Others Only (-1/2) 6

30 2) Rapid Transit: Teleportation 30" (60 Active Points) 6

42 3) Time Shift Field: Force Field (24 PD/24 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Hardened (+1/4) (72 Active Points) 7

45 4) Time Shift Wall: Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED; 5" long and 2" tall), Hardened (+1/4) (75 Active Points) 7

71 Magic: Variable Power Pool, 60 base + 11 control cost, (90 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (-1/2), Gestures (Requires both hands; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4)

23 Chronosense: Detect Time A Single Thing 23- (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Analyze 0

300 Infinity Count: Duplication (creates 16 500-point Duplicates), Ranged Recombination (+1/2), Altered Duplicates (100%; +1) (300 Active Points) 0

5 Time Is On MY Side: Life Support (Longevity: Immortal) 0

25 Live and Learn: Luck 5d6 0

Skills

17 +5 with DCV (25 Active Points); Requires A Danger Sense Roll (-1/2)

9 Power 16-

3 Acting 13-

3 Bureaucratics 13-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Cryptography 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Forensic Medicine 13-

3 High Society 13-

3 Oratory 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Riding 13-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Survival 13-

3 Tactics 13-

3 Trading 13-

5 TF: Camels, Riding Animals, Balloons & Zeppelins, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, Small Planes

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Art (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: World History (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Linguist

1 1) Language: Dutch (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

0 2) Language: English (basic conversation) (1 Active Points)

2 3) Language: French (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 4) Language: German (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 5) Language: Italian (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

2 6) Language: Spanish (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: England (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) AK: Europe (3 Active Points) 13-

1 3) AK: France (2 Active Points) 11-

2 4) AK: North America (3 Active Points) 13-

1 5) CK: Campaign City (2 Active Points) 11-

Perks

3 Anonymity

7 Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 12-

15 Money: Filthy Rich

Talents

29 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat) 17-

3 Absolute Time Sense

5 Rapid Healing

Base OCV: 7 Base DCV: 7 Base ECV: 6

Levels: +5 with DCV (25 Active Points); Requires A Danger Sense Roll (-1/2)

DEX: 20 SPD: 4 ECV: 6

Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6/30 PD (0/24 rPD) 6/30 ED (0/24 rED) MD: 0

END: 50 STUN: 40 BODY: 16

I decided to create a version of Count Infinity, though he's built on many more points than I was hoping for. His Time Powers are from USPD and most can be reduced by 1D6 to go to 60 points.

He's basically a 722 point character (which can be lowered, of course, and the VPP removed if you don't like the magic aspect), 300 pts are his duplication. (Heh, I gave him 16 500pt duplicates, hopefully enough to cover anyone else's version.)

His basic background is somewhere previous in this thread.

Anyone else have a Count Infinity to present?

Not spending any time here, so I don't have a cool background etc., but maybe a different take on his powers / abilities.

He has the power of "Infinity!" - anything he can think of using infinity as a trick. For example, he can freeze you in place, as you see the world recess from you at incredible speed. You are infinitely far from the nearest atom. You can't escape! (at least not by moving).

He can make you infinitely small (see atoms whirling by, electrons the size of planets, and you STILL shrink!). Even as psychotic as he is, he's not stupid enough to make anything infinitely big.

He can stop attacks with his Infinitely Hard Skin (of course, he can't move then).

He can kill people with his Infinitely Funny Joke (anyone remember the Monty Python skit?). Of course, he can't listen and if you can't hear, it won't affect you.

He can break into the toughest vault by making the door Infinitely Thin! Once he tried to make his bank account infinitely large, but it only blew the computers that tracked his balance. Shortly thereafter, all the S&Ls went bankrupt...

He had an Infinitely Powerful Gun! Of course, it only worked once - the bullet and gun vanished at the speed of light from the recoil. He was hospitalized for months, the gun ripped his forearm off! And, .... he missed. Now he's afraid of infinite power, so he doesn't go that route. Not that he couldn't, though...