Crimson Skies

Toadmaster

I really like the background for the Crimson Skies game (PC flight game) and was wondering how much world detail was included in the FASA books, I know it was more of a mini's game like Battle tech but Battle tech included quite a bit of background (and eventually spawned an RPG Mechwarrior). Basically what I am wondering is, whether the FASA products include lots of background, or if it was mostly just rules and stats. I was considering hunting some down if it includes good background stuff.

Yeah, well, clicky-based games are pretty simplistic, and all-tactical (no roleplaying at all involved), but they are still a good source for cheap minis. I mean, six bucks for a Mage Knight booster pack and you get four minis. Reaper charges about three or four per mini, and Citadel charges at least six per. Obviously, for important characters, I'm more likely to buy it in metal and paint it myself, but whiz-kids has inflated my armies of mooks fairly inexpensively...

Then too, I haven't seen any Crimson Skies minis in any other format, and buying clicky-base minis sure beats scratch-building them....

I have nothing against buying cheap models. I'm all for that. I just don't like having a great war game turned into clicky tech. Some stuff just shouldn't be made simpler.

Can you imagine playing Star Fleet Battles or B5 Wars as clicky tech?! It just wouldn't be the same.

"Yes! my 40mm cannons hit the cockpit! yeah!"

"Uh no, you just do 2 clicks of damage."

:(

Originally posted by Shadowpup

I have nothing against buying cheap models. I'm all for that. I just don't like having a great war game turned into clicky tech. Some stuff just shouldn't be made simpler.

Can you imagine playing Star Fleet Battles or B5 Wars as clicky tech?! It just wouldn't be the same.

"Yes! my 40mm cannons hit the cockpit! yeah!"

"Uh no, you just do 2 clicks of damage."

:(

Yeah, it might be better or something... or even faster...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

I'm not sure on Crimson Skies, but Battletech clix are quite a bit more complex than Heroclix or Mage Knight. The company makes good product, so I'm sure they'll do it justice. The only thing I find a bit offputting is the pilot figs that are way bigger than the planes...that strikes me as odd.

Wizkids is using the old Ral Partha molds for the planes. The pilots are on the same scale as HeroClix/Mage Knight.

Crimson Skies will actually be 2 different games in one, from what I understand. There is the dogfight/aerial combat game and the Aces/ground combat game.

Thanks, I guess I'll start watching ebay for CS stuff. The hero clics would be handy, I'll have to start watching for those too. I've been a bit annoyed with the collectable aspect of the hero clics, they would be good mini's but it would be nice to be able to get what you want instead of buying blind.

The two game shops in my town sell individual heroclix minis pretty much the same way many shops sell CCG cards. Of course, that means that it's usually a pile of not-so-great minis (at least from the standpoint of whatever game they're from), or that when good ones show up, the guy with no job and the inexplicable cash flow picks them up right away. Still, it's an option, and probably cheaper than buying the hot selling minis on eBay....

Originally posted by Toadmaster

Thanks, I guess I'll start watching ebay for CS stuff. The hero clics would be handy, I'll have to start watching for those too. I've been a bit annoyed with the collectable aspect of the hero clics, they would be good mini's but it would be nice to be able to get what you want instead of buying blind.

If you know what you are looking for, PM me or email me. I manage a store that sells singles. I can keep an eye out for any you may want and set them aside or something. No big deal for me to ship them to you.

We'd have to come to an agreement (prices and such).