TravellerHERO PDF in the works

Eodin

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: TravellerHERO PDF in the works

Thank you kindly. (Can you tell I'm just a LITTLE excited about this project?) :)

The Contact! article does specifically mention that the Virushii often are found in medicine. I couldn't figure out how to appropriately include that in a package deal, though. Suggestions?

I sent Eodin the scanned Contact! articles I have. Hopefully when he does the summary description for each race he will include those kinds of notes, where they exist.

I'll edit the Package Deal to include a note that Virushii prefer the medical and scientific fields.

Then you can apply any doctor or scientist package you like.

I'll also add a suggestion that Virushii should frequently have the Scholar, Scientist, or both Skill Enhancers.

When possible, I like to include notes about favored professions. I did that in a few cases in the TNGHero.

Also, what I'd LIKE to do when we get the packages all done is include sample characters of each major (and maybe minor) race following the Racial templates/blurbs. For example, I was thinking for the Aslan, include a male ex-army and his female follower who takes care of the merc business details, or something like that.

Shadowcat, I can't rep you just now so I'll say it publicly: Nice job on the military packages!

I particularly like the Legation/Embassy package; cool idea.

Are you doing those in HD as you build them?

If not, I'll be happy to do them for you.

Just noticed this thread.

In reference to the JOT discussion on the first page, why not create a Talent to handle the JOT Skill. Talents are automatically subject to GM restriction and it can be built to the equivalent power of the JOT in Traveller. You can also cost it out properly since Talents already allow for unconventional cost structures.

Kind of like how Danger Sense was handled. Danger Sense can be very powerful but has so many applications it can't be ignored. The same with JOT.

Just My Humble Opinion

- Christopher Mullins

I'm working on the various racial templates posted so far. One thing I noticed, while doing the Droyne, is that all 6 castes have the 3 abilities from the Size-Small (Bestiary) Template.

Would it make more sense to put this in the Droyne Common Template, rather than in each Caste template?

Shadowcat, I'll do the professional packages you posted as soon as I finish the racial ones. Don't know if I'll get to those before next week; I'm going to be out of town most of the weekend, which means no time to do fun stuff.

Actually' date=' two of the Droyne castes (workers and warriors IIRC) can be small or human-sized.[/quote']

Note that, with canonical mental disadvantages (which are usually stronger than is given here), essentially the only castes which are suitable for PCs are sports and maybe leaders.

Scout Service Schools

Survey School

Survey

SS: Astronomy

SS: Cartography

Recon

Systems Ops[RPV]

TF: Grav Vehicle

Contact School:

Trading

Streetwise

High Society

Bureaucratics

Survival

1 WF

1 TF

X-Boat School

TF: Small Starships

Navigation[Jump Space, Normal Space]

Communications

Note that' date=' with canonical mental disadvantages (which are usually stronger than is given here), essentially the only castes which are suitable for PCs are sports and maybe leaders.[/quote']

I've already got a note in the Racial blurbs that Scouts are the only suitable Droyne PCs, unless the GM is running an all-Droyne campaign.

Notes on the Guns and Equipment charts Tancred posted

yes, I know I'm a wee bit behind on parts of my reading

Body Pistols should have the advantage that they are invisible to metal detectors and other forms of detection

Gauss Pistols are extremely quiet, and will only be heard at very close range, so should probably have invisible power effects hearing

Plasma and Fusion Guns lose damage potential severely after half max range

so they should have something on the order of Reduced Penetration or Reduced by Range, at anything beyond about 3/4 range, they will barely penetrate ballistic cloth armor

The Snub Pistol is listed as having an explosive round, but its such a small round I would just give it a damage bonus instead of making it an explosion

This may be a house rule, but we had a couple of scouts who used high tech crossbows as sniper/hunting weapons, and they were fitted with explosive warheads, we used crossbow ranges, but the 10mm snub pistol damage chart

I'm trying to work up the Professional Package Deals in this thread, and have run into a question:

Following the document posted earlier, both Battledress and Vacc Suit should be new, DEX-based skills.

The package deals list KS: Vacc Suit.

The question is, do we want to have Vacc Suit be a new Skill?

(If so, I need to figure out how to make a new Dex-based skill in HD.)

I'm trying to work up the Professional Package Deals in this thread, and have run into a question:

Following the document posted earlier, both Battledress and Vacc Suit should be new, DEX-based skills.

The package deals list KS: Vacc Suit.

The question is, do we want to have Vacc Suit be a new Skill?

(If so, I need to figure out how to make a new Dex-based skill in HD.)

Just make it a DEX-Based Background Skill, either KS: Vacc Suit (DEX) or PS: Vacc Suit (DEX).

starting to meander the scouts book for other useful stuff' date=' are we going to do anything with planet system generation?[/quote']

Since there's already one (albeit somewhat complicated) in Star HERO, I'm not sure that we need to. We do need to include classifications used by the Scouts and what they mean though.

Any other opinions?

I'd say talk about book 3, and refer anyone who wants more detail to book 6.

I happen to like the book 6 system, but it's too complicated for anyone less geeky than me. (But then, I started writing a VB program to automate star system generation; have to get back to that some day.)

Another Minor Race, the Dynchia (JTAS #24)

Dynchia Package Deal

6 Graceful: +2 DEX

-2 Weaker: -2 STR

-2 Low-gravity build: -1 BODY

Warrior Ethic

0 1) WF (select one)

3 2) +1 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks

Disadvantages

20 Psychological Limitation: Dynchia Code of Honor (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Stoic (Common, Strong)