TravellerHERO PDF in the works

Eodin

Re: Religion in Traveller

this question popped up on the Traveller Mailing List, and we got an answer from Loren Wiseman

>I'm going to guess that the reason religion is scarcely mentioned in the

>canon is because either a) the chief designers weren't interested in it,

>or B) it had too much potential for controversy,

It's door number two. There is too much potential for argument/flamewars/bad

manners over religion and Traveller, so it is left up to the individual group

to decide

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: TravellerHERO PDF in the works

ok, I posted revised versions of all the basic ships for comment

some notes on the methods to my madness

1. I dont include seperate floorplates on the ships, in traveller there part of life support, so I just include them with the various effects of change environment

2. I went with not including fuel tankage as a power, but I did include a fuel processor, because not all ships have them. I did stat out fuel tankage if it would be needed, but I dont see a need, unless we want to include drop tanks like on the Gazelle, or fuel bladders

3. I havent included computers, thats probably the last thing we need to add, do we just want to go with the standard starship computers from TE?

4. Powerplants... do we need to cut back on the END on these?

5. Armor, while rummaging through the TE book, I see superconducting layer for an armor option for personal armor, GT and TNE have it as an option for Starship Armor at TL-12, but its only a 50% reduction, should we add this?

ok, I posted revised versions of all the basic ships for comment

some notes on the methods to my madness

1. I dont include seperate floorplates on the ships, in traveller there part of life support, so I just include them with the various effects of change environment

2. I went with not including fuel tankage as a power, but I did include a fuel processor, because not all ships have them. I did stat out fuel tankage if it would be needed, but I dont see a need, unless we want to include drop tanks like on the Gazelle, or fuel bladders

3. I havent included computers, thats probably the last thing we need to add, do we just want to go with the standard starship computers from TE?

4. Powerplants... do we need to cut back on the END on these?

5. Armor, while rummaging through the TE book, I see superconducting layer for an armor option for personal armor, GT and TNE have it as an option for Starship Armor at TL-12, but its only a 50% reduction, should we add this?

1. ok

2. we probably need to come up with some ruling, because of the extra tank in "The Traveller Adventure", but I don't want create some complicated gadget. It really affects refueling frequency.

3. I'd say we go with TE computers, but add notes on the Traveller-specific programs that get run.

4. They probably need to be more in line with the ones from TE, but I haven't done any END-counting yet. (Still converting package deals from TNE).

5. Sure.

Just a note...

things are coming along nicely, we're up to 176 pages and this thing will easily be 200 pages by the time it's ready. Some of the slowness is looking up Cr costs and weights of individual items across a number of books, but that's how it goes. I've sent Shadowcat and Tancred the current draft to peruse in case I goofed on anything so far.

I'll be out of town on business this week, so unfortunately I won't be able to do any work on the project this week. I figure in the next 30 days we should be good to go. (crossing my fingers ;) )

I've been taking a sanity break from things, just debating whats left to work and what to crank out next... my question is, can we include a basic traveller scenario, or just leave it as a sourcebook, I think I will ask Marc about the use of a tournament module from years gone by I found I have a copy of that never saw publication that I know of

I think some (new) characters created as TravellerHERO characters, plus an adventure would be a nice extra. That's something I always liked about the old Espionage and Danger International books and IIRC the first Star HERO book - adventures and maps as well as source material. :)

Done.

Oh by the way, I was perusing the Travellerrpg website after you mentioned it, and found two comments of interest. One was that HERO is too open-ended, and another was that the weapons on one of the posted ships on the Star Hero fandom Traveller page was confusing - something about 7 extra weapons/bays/turrets/whatever.

Hopefully our stuff will get a fair viewing.

I will post a reply about the extra weapons, to the COTI list

ok, somethings definately wrong somewhere on my end, I never saw an e-mail from you beyond the automated stuff from the boards

beats me what though, I've never had problems before

send it to shadowcat48li@yahoo.com, lets see if its a eudora issue or what

I got the email just fine last night. Just because it takes half an hour to download on dial-up, no big deal. :)

I'll start reviewing tonight; didn't have time to look at it last night.

And yes, the cover is absolutely awesome.

Shadowcat, I'll try again tonight at the other email address. You and Tancred can take your time reviewing it this week - my flight leaves tomorrow and I won't be back until the weekend, so you won't be holding me up on anything.

Yeah, I like how the cover turned out... I wanted something reminiscent of the LBBs that are so Traveller, and something that was HERO green and black, and voila.