2 PD 1
3 ED 0
2 SPD 0
4 REC 0
26 END 0
17 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM01" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 13
Cost Power END
6 Untapped Bravery: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Activation Roll 12- (-3/4)
9 Visions: Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points); No Conscious Control (-2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 1/2), Precognition (-1) 2
Powers Cost: 15
Cost Skill
5 +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Ends up Prone (-1)
2 AK: Japanese City of GM's Choice 11-
2 AK: Subway/Train System 11-
2 KS: Art 11-
2 KS: Fashion 11-
0 PS: 1st Year High School Student (Everyman Skill) 11-
3 PS: Artist 13-
3 Shadowing 13-
3 Stealth 11-
Skills Cost: 22
Val Disadvantages
5 Physical Limitation: Clumsy (Prat falls, running into people, dropping things) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
10 Psychological Limitation: In Love with ODA Eizo (Common, Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Kind Hearted (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Unsure of Herself (Common, Moderate)
5 Suitor: SAKAI Akira 11- (As Pow, Suitor)
5 Unluck: 1d6
Disadvantage Points: 50

Base Points: 0Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 50

Height: 1.52 m Hair: Black
Weight: 42.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Age 15

Blood Type: A

Birth Date: November 15

Favourite Colour: Pink

Personality: Friendly and kind hearted Tamaki only acts introverted when she either has to sell herself or ant activity where all eyes are on her. Of course, when she sees somebody needing help, she seems to get a burst of courage that allows her to step up and take action.Quote:“Can I give you a hand Grandmother?†or “We need to help this kitten.â€Background: Tamaki grew up in a loving upper middle class home. Her Father is in upper management at a company while her mom is your typical Japanese house wife. Tamaki herself is quite intelligent and plans to go to college to study Art. If there is one fault that Tamaki has, it is getting herself involved with the other people’s problems. She can’t help (being kind hearted and all) giving a helping hand when she sees somebody in need. It was this very thing that led to a new complication in her life.

One day on her way from school, she saw an old man who had fallen and was having problems getting back up. She picked up his cane and helped him up, but instead of getting a thank you, the old man grabbed his cane and gave her knock on her forehead and told her to keep out of other people’s business. It was soon after she received her first vision of the future, but instead of taking the old man’s advice, she acted upon it to help the person whose future she had seen.

Recently she has found a guy she is interested in after an incident with her powers, caused her to run into him. He is ODA Eizo, a young man who goes to the local public school. She met him at his Uncle’s garage where he was working on a motorcycle. She knows she is attracted to him, but does not know whether she loves him. To complicate the matter, SAKAI Akira from a nearby Boy’s school has taken an interest in her. He seems to have some sort of power himself and thus is interested in her on that and on physical attraction.

Powers/Tactics: In any combat situation her main goal will be to get out of their unless ODA-kun is there and fighting to protect her in which case she will watch worrying about his safety.Campaign Use: Tamaki is designed as a Heroine in Shoujo game and thus should either be the main character or the object of the main hero.G (with this being post 990, only 10 togo)

Re: Shoujo HEROine

Very nice write-up! Reminds me a bit of Hitomi from Escaflowne, actually.

BTW, is that your art or a borrowed pic? It's quite nice as well.

Borrowed, what series it is from I don't know (or even if it is from a series). Mainly it inspired me and I went with it.

G

I am going post like it's Post 999 (which it is Yay one to go). BTW this post is a tribute to Ranma 1/2, Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki and all Magic girl Shows.

Princess Candy Ai

[b]Princess Candy Ai - [/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
8    STR     -2   8      11-       HTH Damage 1 1/2d6  END [1]
15    DEX     15   15/24      12- / 14-       OCV 5/8 DCV 5/8
12    CON     4   12/20      11- / 13-
10    BODY    0   10      11-
14    INT     4   14      12-       PER Roll 12-
10    EGO     0   10      11-       ECV: 3
15    PRE     5   15      12-       PRE Attack: 3d6
12    COM     1   12/18      11- / 13-
6    PD      4   6/18             6/18 PD (0/12 rPD)
6    ED      4   6/18             6/18 ED (0/12 rED)
2    SPD     0   2/5                 Phases:  6, 12/3, 5, 8, 10, 12
4    REC     0   4/7
24    END     0   24/40
20    STUN    0   20/35
6    RUN      0   6"/8"                END [1/2]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
2    LEAP     0   1 1/2"/4 1/2"                1 1/2"/4 1/2" forward, 0 1/2"/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 35[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
24     [b][i]Battle Dress[/i][/b]: Armor (12 PD/12 ED) (36 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) [Notes: The dress can be damaged in battle but once Gen transform out of being Candy Ai and back into her, then the dress is repaired.] - END=0
    Candy Ai power ups, all slots OIHID (-1/4) - END=
12     1)  +15 STUN (15 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=
6     2)  +16 END (8 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=
5     3)  +3 REC (6 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=
24     4)  +3 SPD (30 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=
2     5)  +6 COM (3 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=
9     6)  +8 CON (16 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) - END=
15     7)  +9 DEX (27 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4) - END=
2     8)  Leaping +3" (1 1/2"/4 1/2" forward, 0 1/2"/2" upward) (3 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=1
3     9)  Running +2" (6"/8" total) (4 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4) - END=1
28     [b][i]Candy Princess Attack Powers[/i][/b]: Multipower, 70-point reserve,  (70 Active Points); all slots OAF Unbreakable (-1), OIHID (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) - END=
2u     1)  [b][i]Bubblegum Attack[/i][/b]: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (Stops A Given Sense Group Sight Group) (60 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), OIHID (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) - END=6
2u     2)  [b][i]Candy Beam[/i][/b]: EB 8d6 (40 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), OIHID (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) - END=4
2u     3)  [b][i]Candy Burst[/i][/b]: EB 6 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (8" Cone; +1) (66 Active Points); OAF Unbreakable (-1), No Range (-1/2), OIHID (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) - END=7
29     [b][i]Change to Girl Type[/i][/b]: Shape Shift  (Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups), Cellular, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (58 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), IIF: Locket (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4) - END=0
5     [b][i]Instant Change (any clothing)[/i][/b]: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (Clothing into costume and vice-versa), Improved Target Group (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Limited Target Limited (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Linked (Change to Girl Type; Greater Power is Constant or in use most or all of the time; -1/4) - END=1

[b]POWERS Cost: 170[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
     Aikido
4      1)  Dodge:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      2)  Escape:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 23 STR vs. Grabs
5      3)  Redirect:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
3      4)  Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 1 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 16[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
4      +1 with DCV (5 Active Points); OIHID (-1/4)
2      AK: Neighborhood 11-
3      Acrobatics 12- (14-)
3      Breakfall 12- (14-)
2      KS: Aikido 11-
1      KS: V'han 8-
0      PS: 1st Year Junior High Student (Everyman Skill) 11-
2      PS: Baseball 11-
3      Shadowing 12-
3      Stealth 12- (14-)

[b]SKILLS Cost: 23[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
3      Follower

[b]PERKS Cost: 3[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3      Environmental Movement (Balance)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 3[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
15     DNPC:  Friend OKINA Eiji 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
15     DNPC:  ODA Megumi 8- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10     Distinctive Features:  Fluffy Battle Dress (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20     Hunted:  Minions of Queen Istvatha 14- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Curious (Common, Moderate)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Loyal to Friends and Family (Common, Strong)
15     Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 100[/b]

Base Pts: 150
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 250

Height: 1.62 m

Weight: 47.00 kg

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Appearance: Girl Type Age 15 Boy Type Age 13

Blood Type: O

Favourite Colour: Red

Personality: Gen secretly loves being a hero though he would prefer to do it as a guy or at the very least in jeans and a t-shirt. He is also enjoys hanging with his friends and playing baseball. He is friendly and very genki (in either form) and has a distinct curiosity streak.

Quote::On be hath of all that is sweet and innocent, who will be defeated, for I am Candy Ai."

Background: TSUKUBA Gen was walking home from school one day when he noticed something a bit odd. This armoured person was sneaking into an abandon warehouse. Being the natural curious choice, he decided to see what was up. Sneaking close enough to look in, he saw the armoured individual talking to a teddy bear. 'Great,' he thought. 'He is just a crazy cosplayer.' But then the bear talked back and struggle to get out of the binding and Gen's curiosity was piqued. So Gen waited until the armoured man left and snuck up to the bear.

"Are you real?" asked Gen to the bear.

"Yes. Help me out of these bounds before the D-solider get back" replied the bear. But at the moment they both heard the door opening up behind them. "No time continued the bear, hear take this and repeat after me" he said throwing Gen a Locket. "Princess Candy Power-up."

Gen reacted and followed the bears words with out thinking of their meaning. He found himself lifted up off the ground and his clothes to dissolve away in a candy red light. Then he felt his body begin to change into that of a girl. Finally the process ended with a battle dress forming on her nude body. The D-solider was now facing Candy Ai.

Candy Ai had a little problem getting used to her new body but was able to vanquish the D-solider with no problem. The bear explained that the D-solider of a vassal of a queen who plans to conquer Gen's world and that he came here looking for a champion to keep that from happening. He was hoping for a girl, but now that the locket has bonded with Gen, she will just have to be that champion. She was also quite happy to find out afterward that she could once again become Gen by saying the phrase; Princess Candy Power-down.

While Gen isn't too happy about changing into a girl, he understands the threat posed to his world and is willing to fight for it. He has kept the secret of Bear-kun and his abilities secret and now fights a battle against Queen Istvatha from his friends and family and so far have escape the notice of the press, but it is only a matter of time before that happens.

Powers/Tactics: Because of a streak of honour, she does not sneak attack her opponents, but will announce herself for battle. Once in battle though, she will do her best to win without sinking to dirty trick though she will take advantage of an opponent's weakness. Once she has defeated the D-solider she will remove the device that allows the D-solider to exist in her reality thus sending him home. Bear-kun believes this is why there is only few D-solider here and that they are trying to find a way to exist in this reality without their stabilizers.

Campaign Use: As she stands Candy Ai is the main star of Magic Girl Show with a twist. Taking her out of this genre would really take away a lot of the colour and ambience that goes into making her up. A GM can of course form other Magic Girls around her to form your typical team ala Sailor Moon, but she also works great solo.

You must spread some rep before...yadda...yadda...yadda...

S/he looks kawai. Almost alowes me to forgive you for borowing my similer ideal for Lady Heart.

By the way, I LOVED the way you used Shapechange and Only In Hero ID.

Actually the OIHID and balance ideas comes from Mr. Surbrooks excellent article on Anime characters from Digital Hero #8 I just added that the change was more then just looking older. But thanks for the compliment steriaca.

G

No, thank you for posting that charater. (And I always wanted to give that article a look-over, but I do not have a DH subscription).

One of theas days, when I have the guts, I would like to post MY magical boy/girl Lady Heart.

Which gives me an ideal for another Shojo Heroien you could use. A teenage mystic who dresses in Elegent Gothic Lolita.

Borrowed, what series it is from I don't know (or even if it is from a series). Mainly it inspired me and I went with it.

G

"Vision Of Escoflone (Of The Heavens)" is the series' name. As for Hitomie, she was the main charater, a young girl who was into fourtion telling. One day, a young man from another planet came to Earth, along with a dragon. Killing the dragon, he returned to his own world, acadently taking Hitomie along with him. This starts her adventure.

This is a really good seed. I would very much like to see what sprouts from it as this girl explores more of her world and the people around her. I've got to see the guys, of course. And naturally she has friiends, who have problems of their own -- story fodder!

You can do a lot with this basic setup, depending on where you want to go with it.

This is a really good seed. I would very much like to see what sprouts from it as this girl explores more of her world and the people around her. I've got to see the guys, of course. And naturally she has friiends, who have problems of their own -- story fodder!

You can do a lot with this basic setup, depending on where you want to go with it.

Um, you know "Vision Of Escoflone" was a real anime series? It was even on the Fox Box a few years back (as a sort of mid-seasion replacement, and the fact that thay did not show the first epasold).

Vision of Escaflowne I have and know. No the character pic is from an unknown series. As for my inspiration, Hitomi might of been in the back of my mind, but the character is more based on Kanade from Land of the Blindfolded, though as I have said the pic helped alot for inspiration.

G

Vision of Escaflowne I have and know. No the character pic is from an unknown series. As for my inspiration, Hitomi might of been in the back of my mind, but the character is more based on Kanade from Land of the Blindfolded, though as I have said the pic helped alot for inspiration.

G

Gomen Nasi. I am not that familer with Land Of The Blindfolded (othoe I have herd the title before).

Which reminds me, is there realy going to be some sort of "Ultimate Magical Girl" web page or Digital Hero artical?

I have often thought about making a section on my site for it hopefully with a little credited help from people here on the board, but as far as I know tno DH article or official web site is planned. Though I am working on an idea that once I have it far enough I plan to pitch to Dave to see if it can make it as DH article (knock on wood), but hey at least I can always post it on my site if it doesn't fly.

G

Ah-ha! That is the reasion for the logo then.

Now, exactly what type of Magical Girl do you need? You already have the tragic story of the boy who changes into a girl. My guess would be the lovable incopatent who is a leader of her group, and the magical theath of love.

I was actually think of package deals before getting into making any other characters for example the Tom-boy (ala Sakura Kino), the Damsel etc.

G

Sounds good. Will there be a few pacakage deals for Magical Guys also?

And you got me cureous...what Magical Girl has The Damsel package deal?

But by the time the series had run its course Usagi (Sailor Moon) had Mamoru (Tuxedo Kamen) far more often than the other way around. Tuxedo kamen is a solid fighter with a cool schtick (in his hands, an ordinary rose becomes a deadly weapon).

In my shoujo RPG HeartQuest, one of the sample settings has a similar dynamic, with the heroine Ghost Tamer Miyaki constantly being aided in the nick of time by a mysterious swordsman called the Black Rose. He got the name because he always wore a black rose in his lapel, which he always gave Miyaki after the battle before disappearing.

I have entertained many ideas on who the Black Rose really was. The idea I liked best, since the campaign involes the Troubled Dead, ghosts who cannot rest and who can posess and alter humans, was that the Black Rose was himself a ghost, who took over various human bodies whenever he was needed. Since Miyaki's father had died before she was born, he was a popular candidate. This of course ruled out a romance between the two characters...

One of the classic shoujo heroine bits is that the "protector" character is not neccesarily on the same side as the heroine! Tuxedo kamen is a classic example -- he may help Sailor Moon, but he has his own reasons and his own agenda. Other examples include the Kaitou jeanne/Kaitou Sindbad dynamic in Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and the "eternal chase" subplot in Saint Tail, where the heroine is pursued by a boy who wants to 'bring her to justice".

which reminds me that the "Kaitou" template for a magical girl-type character could be quite interesting.

But by the time the series had run its course Usagi (Sailor Moon) had Mamoru (Tuxedo Kamen) far more often than the other way around. Tuxedo kamen is a solid fighter with a cool schtick (in his hands, an ordinary rose becomes a deadly weapon).

In my shoujo RPG HeartQuest, one of the sample settings has a similar dynamic, with the heroine Ghost Tamer Miyaki constantly being aided in the nick of time by a mysterious swordsman called the Black Rose. He got the name because he always wore a black rose in his lapel, which he always gave Miyaki after the battle before disappearing.

I have entertained many ideas on who the Black Rose really was. The idea I liked best, since the campaign involes the Troubled Dead, ghosts who cannot rest and who can posess and alter humans, was that the Black Rose was himself a ghost, who took over various human bodies whenever he was needed. Since Miyaki's father had died before she was born, he was a popular candidate. This of course ruled out a romance between the two characters...

One of the classic shoujo heroine bits is that the "protector" character is not neccesarily on the same side as the heroine! Tuxedo kamen is a classic example -- he may help Sailor Moon, but he has his own reasons and his own agenda. Other examples include the Kaitou jeanne/Kaitou Sindbad dynamic in Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and the "eternal chase" subplot in Saint Tail, where the heroine is pursued by a boy who wants to 'bring her to justice".

which reminds me that the "Kaitou" template for a magical girl-type character could be quite interesting.

Just because you start out with one package doesn't mean you that is how you are going to be. In time the character grows and while she has the skill from her starting package, her disadvantages have changed and she has dsicover her own inner strength and go from being the damsel to being the knight.

G

That reminds me, what is eveybody's opinion on Mew Mew Power (the Americization of the Tokyo Mew Mew anime), and the Winx Club (a french anime witch I can best describ as Sailor Moon meets Harry Potter). Both of them are on 4Kids TV (the former Fox Box).

That reminds me' date=' what is eveybody's opinion on [i']Mew Mew Power[/i] (the Americization of the Tokyo Mew Mew anime), and the Winx Club (a french anime witch I can best describ as Sailor Moon meets Harry Potter). Both of them are on 4Kids TV (the former Fox Box).

I generally avoid outright Americanizations such as Mew Mew Power and Cardcaptors. My sanity prefers it that way.

Actually, Winx Club is Italian and, from what I understand, the American version is as heavily edited as many anime series are. It's an interesting idea, but I haven't seen enough of the series to know what they do with it.

• 1 month later...

Well I have decided to add what I was working on to my web site instead of sending it to Digital Hero (due to a total lack of faith in writing skills). So here it is

Beautiful Spirits

Tell me what you all think so far and any helpful criticism would be nice.

G

Ps. Thanks to Foxx! for help with the name