Shoujo HEROine

yamamura

Re: Shoujo HEROine

Both Characters look good and the back grounds are great, however for Miss Candy Ai there... how do you get an Aikido practioner who has no Throw element to his/her martial art, but you get the strike element, which is more part of the "Aiki-jutsu" style of the art? From what I know of Aikido you would be taught to "Throw" before you were taught to "Punch". It's a technical question I would ask as a GM, so I'm asking it now*G*

Edit to Add:

Great Site. Interesting campaign. Having GMed an anime campaign (dunno if the campaign itself would have a genre, as it was very mixed), I'd love to play in one. The Characters given are great.

Well I have decided to add what I was working on to my web site instead of sending it to Digital Hero (due to a total lack of faith in writing skills). So here it is

I must spread some rep, ect...

It looks good so far. Remind me to invite you to my Yahoo! group The House Of Dolls And Flowers, a freeform RPG set in a victorieanised version of the moderen world, only "worse".

Oh, and I wonder, will one of theas gals be into EGL fashions? Or prehaps one of the villians? Just asking, cause I think a charater based loosly on Mana-sama would be cool.

Both Characters look good and the back grounds are great, however for Miss Candy Ai there... how do you get an Aikido practioner who has no Throw element to his/her martial art, but you get the strike element, which is more part of the "Aiki-jutsu" style of the art? From what I know of Aikido you would be taught to "Throw" before you were taught to "Punch". It's a technical question I would ask as a GM, so I'm asking it now*G*

Thanks for the responses so far. I did not know that about Aikido and now knowing that I will change Ai in the next couple of days unless someone states that it okay as is:) Hopefully in the next couple of days I will also have Fujiwara Nanami (she is one of the samurai but this time around she fufill the role of the Miko).

steriaca, what does the E stand for? I am guessing that the G= Gothic and the L= Lolita. As for the the villains, I was thinking of using modern Japanese urban legends as a basis and pump them up to fight the girls. I do have the remaining girl and the sensei already in mind and they don't fit that style. But the Dark Samurai does have human followers and one of them could easily fit the motif.

G

As for the the villains' date=' I was thinking of using modern Japanese urban legends as a basis and pump them up to fight the girls. I do have the remaining girl and the sensei already in mind and they don't fit that style. But the Dark Samurai does have human followers and one of them could easily fit the motif.[/quote']

The new wave of Japanese/Korean horror might give you some good ideas. The new film One Missed Call, about girls who get cell-phone voice messages from the future, might have potential, as obviously would Ringu and Jun-Oh: the Grudge. the magical girl genre has always been linked to horror -- many of Sailor Moon's enemeis are downright Lovecraftian.

The new wave of Japanese/Korean horror might give you some good ideas. The new film One Missed Call' date=' about girls who get cell-phone voice messages from the future, might have potential, as obviously would [i']Ringu[/i] and Jun-Oh: the Grudge. the magical girl genre has always been linked to horror -- many of Sailor Moon's enemeis are downright Lovecraftian.

so true Michael, and that is why I planned on using them. BTW what do you think of the campaign, I would find your opinion quite useful.

G

It looks good so far. Remind me to invite you to my Yahoo! group The House Of Dolls And Flowers, a freeform RPG set in a victorieanised version of the moderen world, only "worse".

Sounds interesting, Just email me using the email on my webpage and I will stop by and take a look.

G

steriaca' date=' what does the E stand for? I am guessing that the G= Gothic and the L= Lolita. G[/quote']

E= Elegent. Elegent Gothic Lolita. The style of dress first named (but not invented) by Mana, the crossdresing bass player of the visual kei group Malce Mizer (please forgive the mispeling of the groups name).

Re: Shoujo HEROineThis is my first attemp at using a VPP on a chara, so if I did something wrong, give me a holler. This is the main star of Beautiful Spirits; Nanami.Fujiwara NanamiPlayer:

Val Char Cost
8 STR -2
18 DEX 24
17 CON 14
10 BODY 0
13 INT 3
20 EGO 20
15 PRE 5
18 COM 4
6/16 PD 4
6/16 ED 3
4 SPD 12
5 REC 0
35 END 1
35 STUN 12
6" RUN02" SWIM02 1/2" LEAP1Characteristics Cost: 101
Cost Power END
109 Shinto Rites: Variable Power Pool, 73 base + 36 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (181 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4)
0 1) Protected by the Kami: FF (10 PD/10 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4) Real Cost: 12 3
0 2) Exorcise Spirits: Dispel 20d6 (60 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Only versus Unconscious or Willing Spirits (-1), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4) Real Cost: 15 6
0 3) Sanctify: FW (7 PD/6 ED), Affects Desolidified Malevolent Spirits (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (73 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Incantations (Requires Incantations throughout; -1/2), Gestures (-1/4) Real Cost: 24 0
Powers Cost: 109
Cost Skill
15 +3 with DCV
2 AK: Famous Shrines 11-
2 KS: Shinto 11-
3 Paramedics 12-
2 PS: Cooking 11-
2 PS: Miko 11-
2 PS: Sewing 11-
2 PS: Singing 11-
3 Persuasion 12-
3 Stealth 13-
Skills Cost: 36
Cost Perk
1 Fringe Benefit: Miko (Shrine Maiden)
Perks Cost: 1
Cost Talent
3 Perfect Pitch
Talents Cost: 3
Val Disadvantages
10 DNPC: Aged Grandfather 8- (Normal)
10 Distinctive Features: Strong Spiritual Energy (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Uncommonly-Used Senses)
15 Hunted: Dark Samurai's Minions 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
5 Physical Limitation: Near Sighted (Wears Glasses) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code versus Killing (Common, Total)
15 Psychological Limitation: In Love with Nakamura Takumi (Common, Strong)
10 Psychological Limitation: Relaxes through Domestic Chores (Cooking, Cleaning, Sewing, etc.) (Common, Moderate)
10 Social Limitation: Chi Warrior (Frequently, Minor)
5 Social Limitation: Teen-ager (Occasionally, Minor)
Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 150Experience Required: 0Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 250

Height: 5' 5" Hair: Black-Blue
Weight: 105 lbs Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Age 15

Birthdate: 9/14

Star Sign: Virgo

Blood Type: AB

Favourite Colour: Green

Nanami is a slender girl with long straight hair and wears glasses. She is generally smiling and wears her school uniform within regulations. When she is at the temple she tends to dress in traditional miko garb.

Personality: Nanami is a genuine nice person. She loves helping out and can’t stand seeing other people get hurt. This of course means that she has been taken advantage of by other people, but she doesn’t let it get to her. She fully understands the threat the Dark Samurai poses and is willing to do anything within her powers to defeat him short of killing of course.Quote:“Please stop hurting people.†Or “Can I help you?â€Background: Nanami was raised by her grandfather after the death of her parents while her two younger sisters were sent to live with an aunt. When she wasn’t attending classes, she helped out at the shrine eventually learned the skills needed to become a shrine maiden. It was also through her grandfather way of life and kind heartedness that shaped her personality. She really wants to finds a husband that would be willing to continue the shrine and keep it in the family.

Of late Nanami believes that she has attained a stalker. Every once in a while she will catch somebody out of the corner of her eye. She finds this rather frightening and is unaware of why she is being stalked. Luckily for her there are allies who are looking for her.

Powers/Tactics: Nanami tries to stay out of the way of the warriors until they can fight the creature into submission. At which point she will banish the creature. She will also try aid any down human victims or combatants once the battle is over.Campaign Use: Nanami is the main star and focus of Beautiful Spirits and most plots will revolve around her growth from a damsel in distress to a fellow warrior to her new friends. Also her love and eventual redeeming of Takumi should also be highlighted. G

Thanks for letting me know that Candy Ai is fixed*G* and your latest looks pretty good too. Just to let you, you won't be able to keep up her personal protection and Banish the ickies at the same time... if this is the idea, please ignore this past sentence*G*

Thanks for letting me know that Candy Ai is fixed*G* and your latest looks pretty good too. Just to let you' date=' you won't be able to keep up her personal protection and Banish the ickies at the same time... if this is the idea, please ignore this past sentence*G*[/quote']

Last sentence ignored:) Thanks for the comments.

G

• 2 years later...

Gomen Nasi. I am not that familer with Land Of The Blindfolded (othoe I have herd the title before).

Which reminds me, is there realy going to be some sort of "Ultimate Magical Girl" web page or Digital Hero artical?

Why not try my article "How to Build: Magical Girl/Teen mystic for Teen Champions"

There's some concepts that can be turned into write ups for Teen Champions that I'm putting together for a Magic Girl Campaign for HC.