Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeroTina

Extra Extra: Is 5ER actually bullet proof

Ever since the release of our tome-like 5th Edition Revised Edition, people have joked about its alleged bullet stopping properties. At conventions, on the web, around family dinner tables, and in the streets of America people have poked fun at the volume’s size, density, and overall gravity. Yet no one has been was willing to sacrifice his or her own beloved copy to answer the pressing question: Can ReFred actually protect you from deadly physical attack? So in the interests of public safety the staff of Hero Games took it upon themselves to uncover the scientific truth behind this controversial urban legend.

High in the desolate mountains of Northern Nevada, surrounded by endless miles of sagebrush and blowing sand, lies the secret isolated facility known as the Hero Games Warehouse. It was in this harsh and uncompromising environment that a variety of secret tests were performed to determine the protective capacities of our product. Although these results were never intended for public consumption, renegade office manager Tina Walters successfully smuggled a rough copy out past the facility’s security, through the magic of 4 wheeled gas powered crafts and cyberspace..

You are about to witness those results

www.herogames.com/5ERballistictest.wmv

Re: Extra Extra: Is 5ER actually bullet proof

We'll have a contest.. Send me your big @$$ book and I out of the goodness of my heart, will shoot it, to find out just how well it will protect you.

bulletproof books are good' date=' I wonder how well the World of Khaas sourcebook for Arduin would compare, course its 875 pages[/quote']

That was GREAT! I have only one quibble, and that is with the conclusion. Jason, you didn't take it far enough. The ultimate concluion is that if you really, really want to be safe... buy more copies of 5ER. It's the only way to be sure.

Keith "Yup, I reckon reFred woulda saved the Marshall's life, if'n only he'd a been wearin' more copies." Curtis

That was GREAT! I have only one quibble, and that is with the conclusion. Jason, you didn't take it far enough. The ultimate concluion is that if you really, really want to be safe... buy more copies of 5ER. It's the only way to be sure.

Keith "Yup, I reckon reFred woulda saved the Marshall's life, if'n only he'd a been wearin' more copies." Curtis

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It took a very long time to load for me when I left-clicked it but I chalked that up to everyone pouncing on it as soon as Tina put it up. Right-clicking and doing a "ave As..." was just fine, and of course viewing it locally was too. :thumbup:

MisterBaldy refers to 5ER as the BBD for Big Book of Death because he firmly believes that if dropped on someone from a height of 25 feet it has a better than even chance of killing them. :eek::eek::eek:

Right-clicking and doing a "ave As..." was just fine' date=' and of course viewing it locally was too. :thumbup:[/quote']

With a dial-up connection, I pretty much have to save stuff like this to disk if I want to watch it ... but I've tried both IE and Firefox, and neither will let me download it. :(

IE tells me it can't download "5ERballistictest.wmv from ...", did the address get abbreviated in the link?

With a dial-up connection, I pretty much have to save stuff like this to disk if I want to watch it ... but I've tried both IE and Firefox, and neither will let me download it. :(

IE tells me it can't download "5ERballistictest.wmv from ...", did the address get abbreviated in the link?

Yea, the link is horked, try right clicking on this:

Ze Test

Hero Tina:

My wife owns a Thompson 1927A1 submachinegun (semi-automatic). If we can find a place to conduct an "experiement" we will try the 5ER vs the "Chicago Typewritter". The Thompson fires .45ACP, lets see what multiple hits would do to it......

hahahahhaha Awsome....

Hero Tina:

My wife owns a Thompson 1927A1 submachinegun (semi-automatic). If we can find a place to conduct an "experiement" we will try the 5ER vs the "Chicago Typewritter". The Thompson fires .45ACP, lets see what multiple hits would do to it......

Hero Tina:

We could also see how well it does against my Mongol Horsebow...

I'd offer up my guns as well (and in fact still do) but you've already covered the only calibre I've got... .45ACP.

I had the same loading problem with Firefox so I just manually entered the URL in the address bar and it loaded fine.

I have an assualt shotgun and a .44 Mag that we could try...of course to be fair with the mag I would back up to about 75 yards and see how many copies it took to stop the bullet.....That means I may need to take a second job so I can afford extra copies. :bmk:

theres a range near Louisville KY that has an annual machine gun shoot with everything from mini uzis to vulcans and flamethrowers, friend of mine whos also a gamer helps out at the range... hmmm.... next shoot is april 8th

dang.. I didn't try my flame thrower... Well we actally wanted to book stay intact.

theres a range near Louisville KY that has an annual machine gun shoot with everything from mini uzis to vulcans and flamethrowers' date=' friend of mine whos also a gamer helps out at the range... hmmm.... next shoot is april 8th[/quote']

This was wonderful... I especially loved the remark about "drive-by bayonetting." :thumbup:

You really should have this video playing on a continuous loop at conventions for the next year -- especially Origins and Gen Con. :D

Someday I'll show up at a con costume party wearing armor made entirely from 5ER, two thick.

I will definatly have the movie running on my laptop at cons....Maybe we'll burn them on cd to give out as prizes for the con games .

This was wonderful... I especially loved the remark about "drive-by bayonetting." :thumbup:

You really should have this video playing on a continuous loop at conventions for the next year -- especially Origins and Gen Con. :D

Someday I'll show up at a con costume party wearing armor made entirely from 5ER, two thick.