Cyberpunk 2020 in HERO

Lord Liaden

Recently while cruising the Old Post Archives, I came across a thread from several years ago started by our long-missing comrade Thorsten Gresser, aka Der Rote Baron! In preparation for running a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign, the Baron had converted all the cyberware, bioware, weapons and armor from the CP2020 core book to 5E HERO stats, and was offering to email the files to any other interested HERO gamers.

Unfortunately I lack current contact information for Thorsten - AFAICT he isn't even on our Members List any more. :( OTOH several people who posted to that thread requesting the files are still regular posters here, and one such classy gent, Sketchpad, still had his copies and has generously sent them to me. :hail:

I've decided to put the Baron's excellent work here for all of us to share. I'm confident that Thorsten wouldn't mind this, as he was quite free in sending them out (at least twenty copies at his last word), and his comments on that post imply that it was only space considerations that kept him from putting them directly on those (pre attachment-capable) discussion boards.

Below you'll find an attached ZIP file with this material. There are two separate files, one with cyberware and bioware (the larger of the two), the other with weapons and armor, all with Active and Real Point costs and monetary price (in euros). To accomodate as many viewers as possible, I've archived them in three different formats. The first is the original Wordpad documents. The second format is a WPD file, which is for a Windows word processor; any such program should be able to open it. I find this a clearer and easier to read format for these files than Wordpad, and it's still fully editable. I also added HTML versions, which are easier to read as well.

In his discussion board thread the Baron asked for comments about his work, and several people responded very constructively; I've included those comments as a separate Wordpad document, should you find them useful.

Any questions, comments or problems you may have with these files, feel free to post them here or PM me, and I'll see what I can do. I hope you enjoy them. :)

• 1 month later...

Re: Cyberpunk 2020 in HERO

Greeting o great and powerful converter of systems...and I thought that I loved the Hero System. well to the point, I tried to download the 2020 conversion and instead of a zip got a blip, can you send one directly to me at lloydmperrin@yahoo.com or via the herogames chat board?, thanks a bunch

abnormal 8- (5pts.)

Lloyd

Greeting o great and powerful converter of systems...and I thought that I loved the Hero System. well to the point' date=' I tried to download the 2020 conversion and instead of a zip got a blip, can you send one directly to me at [email']lloydmperrin@yahoo.com[/email] or via the herogames chat board?, thanks a bunch

abnormal 8- (5pts.)

Lloyd

Only if you promise to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :sneaky:

Sorry your unZIPper got stuck. ;) The files are already on their way to your e-mail address. Let me know if you have any trouble viewing them.

• 7 months later...

Greeting my good sir. I tried to download the 2020 conversion no luck' date=' can you send one directly to me at postmaster@gaelicroyal.plus.com, thank you.

Sadly, I cannot. :( I couldn't unzip the attached files either - apparently they've become corrupted. And I didn't save the originals.

Hopefully some kind soul who did successfully download them will see this and supply you. :hail:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Cool. Thanks. My USB Flash drive crashed a couple of weeks ago and I lost all my Cyberware HD files. This will go a long way to helping recreate them. And if you're still out there Baron... Danke!

As an additional source for cyberware and related (even tho' it's not 2020 stuff) you might want to take a gander at:

http://www.starherofandom.com/h_shadowrun/index.php

The bioware, cyberware, etc are broken down into separate sections, making any sort of "mix and match" easy to accompish.

-Carl-

• 4 weeks later...

WHAT WHAT cyber punk 2020 converted to hero

(holding chest)

Cough cough Blasphemy I say how dare ye thats so sacrilege you heathens should be burned at the stake !!!

Yeah, why convert such a horrible system when you can scratch build a much more interesting one natively...