Stats for a Webley?

Susano

Re: Stats for a Webley?

Well, the Colt (Long) .45 (Peacemaker) fired a .454" bullet (250gr) that went out at 850fps (260 m/s) at the muzzle, and is listed as 2D6-1, +1 Stun Mult.

From what I could find online, the .455 Webley with British Service loads fired a .441" bullet (220gr?) that went out at, as you said, the lower speed of 180 m/s. I'd say reducing the damage to reflect the lower bullet weight and the slower speed seems reasonable, but keep the Stun Mult, since it is still a big diameter bullet.

1 1/2D6, +1 Stun Mult

or, if youre not feeling charitable

1D6+1, +1 Stun Mult.

FWIW I got the following stats from Dany St. Pierre's excellent Hero Pulp website:

Webley revolver.

The Webley is a good revolver design, but is not particularly remarkable. Perhaps its most handy feature is its ability to break open, making its reloading time faster than side-loading revolvers. (If loading it with speed-loader "Prideaux", the reloading time is only 1/2 phases). This handgun is the standard British sidearm.

OCV: +1 RMOD: -1 DAM: 1D6 (3DC) STUN X: 1D6-1 STR MIN: 7 PER MOD:+2 SHOTS: 6 NOTES: SEE TEXT ABOVE.

Webley-Fosbery automatic revolver.

This is a unique revolver possessing a very distinctive design. When fired, the force of the recoil turns the cylinder automatically, making it effectively a semi-automatic revolver. The Webley-Fosbery is also an early user of speed-loaders. (same as the Webley).

OCV: +1 R MOD: +0 DAM: 1D6+1 (4DC) STUN X: 1D6 STR MIN: 8 PER MOD:+3 SHOTS: 6 NOTES: SEE TEXT ABOVE.

BTW I highly recommend Hero Pulp particularly for anyone interested in stats for period firearms.

The site you linked, while a great resource for information on the guns themselves, isnt so good for stats, if one is concerned at all with relating them to current/published HERO system ones.

For example, it shows the Colt M1911A1 as 1D6+1, 1D6 Stun Mult, while the current rules show it as 2D6-1, 1D6 Stun Mult. (Pg. 332, unrevised 5th Ed)

Now if I only had a group to play with that didnt require me to drive too far, host, or contain unmanageable personality conflicts...

Oh, and another bit of old revolver trivia :

While a top-break design might make it easier to load/unload, it is not as strong as a side-loading one. So they tend to be found only on guns firing less powerful cartridges.

The site you linked, while a great resource for information on the guns themselves, isnt so good for stats, if one is concerned at all with relating them to current/published HERO system ones.

For example, it shows the Colt M1911A1 as 1D6+1, 1D6 Stun Mult, while the current rules show it as 2D6-1, 1D6 Stun Mult. (Pg. 332, unrevised 5th Ed)

I believe that Dany St. Pierre based those stats on the guns' writeups in the original Justice Incorporated sourcebook. The interpretation of the exact properties of a gun in HERO terms will vary somewhat from author to author. I've noticed that some of the gunbunnies on these boards have occasionally had issues with Steve Long's interpretations. ;)

However, it is worth noting that the stats for that Colt on the Hero Pulp website, except for that one Damage Class difference, are the same as in the 5E rulebook: +1 OCV, +1 STUNx, STR Min 9, 7 shots. And of course the website has a lot more period gun writeups than are currently available in published Hero Games, plus illustrations and background details (which puts them one up on the gun listings in Dark Champions, for example).

I have some occasional issues with the official interpretations too, but that doesnt make them any less official. I have nothing against reinterpreting the entire firearms combat system (methods, damage, etc) for one's own house rules, either.

Dug out one of my old supplements called The Armory, written by Kevin Dockery. It was printed in 1983, which made me feel much older than I act considering I bought it new. The origional stats were for Mercenaries, Speis and Private Eyes and Espionage.

It has two Webleys in it.

[1] The Webley Foster Self-Cocking Revolver. It was adopted in 1901, had a caliber of 11.43x19mmR and had a muzzle velocity of 650 fps. It was also the heaviest pisto round used by the British military. Plenty of other mundane stats that I'll just skip over.

[2] The .455 Webley Mark 6. british Revolver adopted in 1915. Muzz Vel of 600 fps. "Prior to the acceptance of the Browning HP-35, this revolver was a standard issue sidearm of the British army. The revolver fires a very heavy, slow moving bullet that is now considered obsolete. The weapon is easy and quick to load due to the top break action of the Webley. To load or unload the weapon, a lever is pressed down on the side allowing the pistol to fold in half, automatically ejecting any firing cases. The very strong design makes for a heavy, but very reliable, pistol."

Game Stats:

Webley-Foster: +1 ocv, -1 rng mod, 1d6 RKA, +1 stun mod, STR Min 8

Webley Mk 6: +1 ocv, -1 rng mod, 1d6 RKA, STR Min 8

Geez, Do they even have - 1 rng mod's anymore? I think those stopped at third edition.

Someone help me get my Little Rascal started so I can get back to the home...

Kurt, If you can get info on Dragonflight for me, I might be able to get over there for it...

:)

getting closer to being able to recieve guests. :):)

Now if I only had a group to play with that didnt require me to drive too far, host, or contain unmanageable personality conflicts...

Oh, and another bit of old revolver trivia :

While a top-break design might make it easier to load/unload, it is not as strong as a side-loading one. So they tend to be found only on guns firing less powerful cartridges.