TheQuestionMan

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Pulp Hero Resources

I stumbled across another Pulp Era Resource for the list:

http://www.archive.org/details/neworleanscity00writmiss

It's a PDF file of the New Orleans city guide, written and compiled by the Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration in 1938. It covers everythign from local entertainment spots to hotels (including prices and what amenities they offer) to cemeteries, to anything you can think of. It is, essentially, a Pulp Campaign Setting in a box.

It was also written in 1938, so be prepared for opinions, assumptions, and comments fostered by the mindset of the day - some people may be offended by them.

Lastly, it's a BIG file - 64 MB - and the site isn't a fast download. I suggest starting the download and walking away to watch a few episodes of Flash Gordon or Radar Men From The Moon.

I'm very tempted to pick some of these up. Have you purchased from them before? I'm not sure I understand how it works. Apparently one can customize, up to a point (e.g., adding numbers to figs). Once you download the figs, can you number them, print, then renumber and print again?

Also, what weight cardstock do you use? (I want to use them as "tent" style stand-ups).

Thanks.

Have you purchased from them before?

I've bought them. I don't like them as much as SJohn Ross's SPARKS, but they're still plenty useful. Basically when you buy 'em you get (or create) a code you can enter on the PIG website. Whenever you want some paper minis, you go there, enter the code, and use the tools on their website to print whatever you want. For example, if you want an entire sheet of "Nazi Soldiers," you can print just that. It's pretty flexible and a good use of Web technology to improve product utility, I think.

I've bought them. I don't like them as much as SJohn Ross's SPARKS' date=' but they're still plenty useful . . .[/quote']Thanks, Steve. I just bought the pulp bundle from PIG. I'm definitely pleased. SPARKS have some great features, but I must say I'm partial to full color. The problem I'm having with my PIG figures is that they seem to be printing at 94% normal size. In any event, they're smaller than SJG's figures, which is the size I'd like to match. Can anyone advise?

I can think of a few methods-

In printer options or advanced printer properties, can printer scale up the output?

You could also try printing to a PDF file, and then using adobe reader to increase the scale.

Finally, you could save the webpage to your hard drive, and put the images in a Word (or other wordprocessor) document and rescale them there. Or in a graphic program.

I can think of a few methods-

In printer options or advanced printer properties, can printer scale up the output?

You could also try printing to a PDF file, and then using adobe reader to increase the scale.

Finally, you could save the webpage to your hard drive, and put the images in a Word (or other wordprocessor) document and rescale them there. Or in a graphic program.

Thanks! I don't know when I'll have time to work on it, but I bet I can get one of these to work.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Curufea again.

• 2 weeks later...

Luftschiff (board game)

Luftschiff is the original version of our Zeppelin combat game, limited to German airships in the Great War. This product has been completely replaced by Airships at War, and is thus only of interest to game historians or collectors.

$16 from Sierra Madre Games

also...

Airships At War, 12th anniversary ed. (board game)

Airships at War is a solitaire simulation of dirigible combat. Historical scenarios take place during the Great War, while hypothetical ones extend into the inter-war years. The player acts as the crew of a single Zeppelin on a mission over England, the North Sea, Russia, Italy, Africa or the Pacific.

$24 at Sierra Madre Games. It has expansions as well.

You might get some good counters and maps out of it.

Jak

A couple supplements from DrivethruRPG.com:

I doubt this supplement will have as much info in it as the Pulp Hero book, but sometimes you need all you can get.

Timeline: Roaring 20s

Welcome to Timeline: Roaring 20s, a sourcebook for Modern d20 games. This is a new type of sourcebook for us, depicting a time period rather than a particular genre. Many of our previous books in the Blood and… line are really genre books, providing the crunch needed for role-playing in the horror, military, martial arts or super hero genres. This book is much more cream than crunch, and is meant to work alongside our genre books. For example, a campaign featuring shadowy vigilantes fighting inscrutable Eastern villains could use Timeline: Roaring 20s, Blood and Fists, and (if the “flash†level is set high enough) Blood and Vigilance. Of course, it is equally possible to use this book with just the core rules to play in a wide range of genres.

This Roaring Supplement includes:

• 3 New Occupations
  • 5 New Advanced Classes (G-Man, Hitman, Intrepid Reporter, Mob Boss, and Mystery Man).
  • New 20s Weapons and Vehicles.
  • A 1920s timeline for gamemasters.

THRILLING TALES: The Steel Legion

An adventure for THRILLING TALES or any d20 Pulp Campaign

Have fun!

Jak

It's amazing what you find, when you are not even looking for it (But man, try searching the internet for something you need right away! :mad:)

Anyway here's some nice information if you're basing your gangbusters campaign in New York City:

Lower East Side Tenement Museum

There's also a lot of great material for a Victorian Hero, Dark Champions, or street-level Champions campaign.