speedsters

Kefrem

I've seen a few speedsters played and even played one or two myself, but I can't say I'm a big Flash commic reader. I could give examples of "standard" speedster powers, but as for replicating the specific powers of the flash, I can't.

List of Standard Speedster powers.

First, I'd go 7-9 SPD, 33-39 DEX, reasonably high CON, like 25.

Then, combat Running. 30-35"

Non-com. either Running or Flight(only with contact with surface) baught with Megascale

HTH attacks. to represent several hits in the same spot hurting more.

NND(hard ear coverings or flash defense hearing). The clap your hands together at supersonic speed causing a sonic boom.

Extra PD only to preotect from self inflicted injuries(for move through)

Maybe EB. to represent running at supersonic speed to hit target and back to where you were standing.

Desolidification: speeding up your molicules until you can pass through solid objects.

There are too many posibilities to list for a speedster. They are very powerful, and tend to be a chalenge to play, but they can be a lot of fun too..

The key is to focus on special effects. There's always the temptation to buy autofire hand attacks and things like that, but you don't always need to have everything in the mechanics. As was pointed out, just buy a couple more dice of hand attack to represent hitting them alot.

Buy skill levels to represent having "extra time" to do things.

Creative use of change environment can represent speed tricks like cleaning up a whole area in seconds.

Things like that. Don't get caught up on trying to get everything done by repetition, do it by definition.

One of my favorite variations on Speedsters came up a few times on the old board. It involved Duplication with some limitations on duplicates appearing only within the path it would be possible for the speedster to move along. It's very pricy, but a Flash level speedster isn't going to be cheap. It works well for a speedster needing to make multiple skill rolls in the same phase (like doing a little high speed chemistry experiment) and then tossing the mixture into the mouth of the rampaging monster.

Originally posted by Law Dog

One of my favorite variations on Speedsters came up a few times on the old board. It involved Duplication with some limitations on duplicates appearing only within the path it would be possible for the speedster to move along. It's very pricy, but a Flash level speedster isn't going to be cheap.

I like that too.. Or maybe a limited form of images..

It works well for a speedster needing to make multiple skill rolls in the same phase (like doing a little high speed chemistry experiment) and then tossing the mixture into the mouth of the rampaging monster.

Again.. a good idea..