from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Hermit

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share you ideas!

Not only is it plausible' date=' but I've used it before almost as it's written.[/quote']

"As it's written" doesn't mention any method, which is what the questions I asked mainly dealt with.

The spoiled rich girl hired a cadre of mercenaries to capture a villain.

This was not in Steriaca's write-up. Had he done so, it would have been more plausible. Your additions to the scenario added the following: a cadre of mercenaries, the villain as a puppet, and daddy's influence. None of these were listed in Steriaca's submitted version. Your version is much more plausible; however, Steriaca's version "as it is written" doesn't contain any of these. That and his villain called for help instead of being a puppet.

Your evaluation of his spelling notwithstanding' date=' it was an idea he proposed and I think you were overly harsh, Kirby. Unnecessarily so. :thumbdown [/quote']

He proposed it and I thought it lacked sufficient information to be useable as-is. Harsh by asking questions?

I wrote: Wouldn't you rather have people respond to the topic of your posts than the spelling and grammar usage?

Yes. So why didn't you?

In case you didn't realize this, part of my reply was to his posting.

If it bothered you that much you should have ignored it and moved on.

Try this analogy and see if it makes sense to you. If you see a man about to walk off a cliff, you have four basic responses: 1) Ignore him. 2) Try and help him or warn him. 3) Insult him because of what he's doing. 4) After he walks off the cliff, peer over and look at the aftermath.

I have no desire to ignore him right now, as we are both subscribed to some of the same threads. I have no need to insult him as that serves no purpose. Being apathetic and waiting until the damage is done helps no one. I chose to try and help him. In case you missed it, I corrected every misspelled word I found (the same as would have been done with a spellchecker had he used one) as well as grammar usage. I didn't berate him on any individual misspelled word, nor type any derogatory comments on Steriaca himself. The closest you could argue would be horrendous when describing his spelling (which means horrible, or shockingly dreadful) and yet I didn't degrade him as a person. If you argue about my statement on him not being willing to correct it, he informed "I am not going to waist [sic] my time doing my replies to messages twice...."

I would've bypassed this entirely if you hadn't critiqued both his spelling and his idea' date=' Kirby.[/quote']

And?

The first was unnecessary. The second was completely out of line.

That's simply your opinion. To me, it is not constructive to tell someone "you're making mistakes" and leave it at that. He may not realize just how many mistakes he's making. He may, and truly not care, but that will be determined later.

One of the aspects of making posts is to be critiqued; it is delusional to think otherwise. I have yet to notice anyone who has made a post that hasn't been critiqued. You live and learn.

I wrote: Take care. I hope this helps.

I don't see how it could.

Unfortunately, that is obvious.

Beating a man with a hammer because you don't like his tie would have been more helpful than your reply.

This is floccinaucinihilipilification.

To summarize, I corrected Steriaca's grammar and spelling and asked questions about what seemed to be an unplausible write-up as was given. I also put down that I had previewed my post five times. It wasn't to do a "I am so great" Bart Simpson impersonation, it was to show that a first-run post will have errors in it. I not only found some errors, but oversights as there were pieces I wished to add, change, and remove as well.

You initially wrote: "...I won't pass judgement," though this is what you did to me. And that's fine. Free will gives us the ability to judge what we do and do not like. It would have been more appreciated if you had been on-target with what you were referring to.

He proposed it and I thought it lacked sufficient information to be useable as-is. Harsh by asking questions?

Following your dismantling of his post from a grammer/syntax point of view, I thought so. There was certainly enough information to run with. It wasn't necessary for him to post a campaign novel. I understand that you didn't have a malicious intent, but I'm letting you know it came across as harsh to my eyes.

Try this analogy and see if it makes sense to you. If you see a man about to walk off a cliff, you have four basic responses: 1) Ignore him. 2) Try and help him or warn him. 3) Insult him because of what he's doing. 4) After he walks off the cliff, peer over and look at the aftermath.

Well, using your analogy, what I saw you do was shoot him before he got to the cliff and then explain why you felt you had to do it. I thought you could have come across in a much more helpful and less caustic manner.

One of the aspects of making posts is to be critiqued; it is delusional to think otherwise. I have yet to notice anyone who has made a post that hasn't been critiqued. You live and learn.

But they're not all critiqued. I'd be willing to bet that fully 80% or more of the posts made to this list aren't critiqued. Of the ideas posted here, I'd say that percentage goes up above 90%. It wasn't necessary to dismantle his post AND his style.

This is floccinaucinihilipilification.

It is indeed, since I judged your post to be worthless in terms of constructive criticism. I maintain you were overly harsh. [As an aside, I should give you rep for making me look up a word. How on earth did you know that word?]

To summarize, I corrected Steriaca's grammar and spelling and asked questions about what seemed to be an unplausible write-up as was given. I also put down that I had previewed my post five times. It wasn't to do a "I am so great" Bart Simpson impersonation, it was to show that a first-run post will have errors in it. I not only found some errors, but oversights as there were pieces I wished to add, change, and remove as well.

So post a more complete version, as I did. Contribute, don't detract. He posted a good skeleton of an idea. Fill in the details yourself. That's the idea anyway. There was no need to call him to task for not coming up with every detail.

There are plenty of ideas on this list you've completely ignored that have missing details. Some simply end in a question and leave it up to the GM to decide what the deal is. I doubt you're any smarter or dumber than I am, so I'm sure you could've used his idea to come up with one of your own. It's better to use positive reinforcement and show how to better post an idea than it is to use negative reinforcement and show how NOT to. It's my believe you used the latter method.

You initially wrote: "...I won't pass judgement," though this is what you did to me. And that's fine. Free will gives us the ability to judge what we do and do not like. It would have been more appreciated if you had been on-target with what you were referring to.

I believe I was on target. I was less judgmental of you than you were of steriaca. I judged your post, though, and I found it wanting in terms of simple courtesy.

All I'm saying is that there are better ways to say what you said. Perhaps there was a better way to say what I wanted to say. There usually is. However, the point is that it seemed to me that you were so concerned with spelling and syntax that you neglected courtesy and empathy. That's all I was trying to say, and, oddly enough, that's pretty much what I said.

Feel free to continue this privately, if you wish. I see no reason to clutter up the boards further.

Were it not for my policy of waiting a few hours before replying, I would have made a post not unlike Kirby's, with the additional note that the Tiny Toons character is named "Elmyra."

I'm afraid that I do not consider limited computer time to be an excuse for poor spelling either. For this thread in particular, where some planning is advisable in any case, some relief might be found by writing down the proposed plot seeds at home, checking the dictionary there, and revising before one gets to the library. (That's how I did it when I only had library access, and had to submit stories by a deadline.) I'd like to believe that you, Steriaca, are sincerely interested in improving your entries. Please prove me right.

Content....

The Duke from Allies:

Formerly a master mage and would-be conqueror whose repeated failures and defeats drove him to alcoholism. He joined AA, cleaned himself up, and created The Redeemed, a group of (mostly) reformed villains. The Duke still has magical powers, but has less control of them now.

Sprig: A botched "multiple images" spell has resulted in the Duke splitting into two entities. One is his usual self, sans magical abilities. The other is Sprig, who appears to be a teenaged version of the Duke, and who has a decidedly immature attitude towards magic use. Sprig immediately flies off to commit magical pranks, leaving the Duke to try to find someone to reintegrate the two before it's too late.

Wine is a Mocker: A supervillain whose powers work by ingesting alcohol takes exception to the Duke's temperance lectures. He decides to get the entire city drunk, so they can see how wonderful it is. Preferably during the Duke's next public speaking engagement.

A Game of Thrones: Years ago, the Duke made a deal with the ruler of a magical dimension to gain more powerful. Now, the payment has come due. The Duke's non-magical daughter is to become the new Queen of the other dimension, will-she nil-she. She's strongly objecting, and the Duke needs to find a suitable volunteer to take his daughter's place quickly. And it's going to be tricky, given the ruler is very set on that daughter.

SKJAM!

Ooopsie

Due to a MASSIVE accident, you're team's bodies and powers have been swapped-with their 3K (Galactic Champions) versions! And, the 20th Century wasn't built for these superpowered heroes.

And, who knows what the Villains might have gotten...imagine a VIPER nest discovering the 3K version of their gear....

Kirby feels I'm a hypocrit for judging him for judging steriaca, and then not letting him reply on the boards (my invitation to take our discussion private). I don't have any idea how to respond to his two-page PM, so I'm tossing in the towel.

My apologies, Kirby, for ever saying anything. You're obviously more heated about this issue than I am, and I am posting here so that everyone knows I concede. I apparently shouldn't have said anything at all. Again, my apologies.

Following your dismantling of his post from a grammer/syntax point of view, I thought so. There was certainly enough information to run with. It wasn't necessary for him to post a campaign novel. I understand that you didn't have a malicious intent, but I'm letting you know it came across as harsh to my eyes.

Well, using your analogy, what I saw you do was shoot him before he got to the cliff and then explain why you felt you had to do it. I thought you could have come across in a much more helpful and less caustic manner.

But they're not all critiqued. I'd be willing to bet that fully 80% or more of the posts made to this list aren't critiqued. Of the ideas posted here, I'd say that percentage goes up above 90%. It wasn't necessary to dismantle his post AND his style.

It is indeed, since I judged your post to be worthless in terms of constructive criticism. I maintain you were overly harsh. [As an aside, I should give you rep for making me look up a word. How on earth did you know that word?]

So post a more complete version, as I did. Contribute, don't detract. He posted a good skeleton of an idea. Fill in the details yourself. That's the idea anyway. There was no need to call him to task for not coming up with every detail.

There are plenty of ideas on this list you've completely ignored that have missing details. Some simply end in a question and leave it up to the GM to decide what the deal is. I doubt you're any smarter or dumber than I am, so I'm sure you could've used his idea to come up with one of your own. It's better to use positive reinforcement and show how to better post an idea than it is to use negative reinforcement and show how NOT to. It's my believe you used the latter method.

I believe I was on target. I was less judgmental of you than you were of steriaca. I judged your post, though, and I found it wanting in terms of simple courtesy.

All I'm saying is that there are better ways to say what you said. Perhaps there was a better way to say what I wanted to say. There usually is. However, the point is that it seemed to me that you were so concerned with spelling and syntax that you neglected courtesy and empathy. That's all I was trying to say, and, oddly enough, that's pretty much what I said.

Feel free to continue this privately, if you wish. I see no reason to clutter up the boards further.

:bmk: YE GODS!!! What in the Name of Heaven are you Both busting his chops for? A few spelling mistakes!? At least he gave you guys a lot of good ideas,so what if he made a few mispelled words. Is it possible that the computers he was working with had no spell checkers or programs like

MS word? Then stop busting chops and let's get back to the plots.

CHS PLOTS Starring-------

Starblaze

STARBLAZE GOES WILD!!

Due to some bouts with mental stress and pressures in school and at home,

the strain of being a perfect big sister causes Starblaze to lose her cool and her marbles as a genetic defect in her graymatter causes her to slowly go insane over the years. This madness caused her to transform her overprotectiveness into an obsession with keeping in the past and keeping her sister in her childhood.

But when Dreamstar decides to learn how to be a teenager,she decides to use a villian's hypnotic weapon to regress her back to the way she was before the accident[ for which she incorrectly feels responsible].

Unfourtunately the PCs and Dreamy noticed that the weapon,suposedly long drained of power was found with a full battery pack and a techno upgrade.

Confronting her one night, they caught her in a trap,only to be attacked by a very berserk Starblaze.

Now it's up to the PCs to stop her before she hurts herself and anyone else with her berserker rage.

But can they do it? Can they,even with the help of Dreamstar and her father,

stop someone who can channel the powers of the cosmos from going on a beserk rampage in MED CITY?

TOUGH LOVE,HARD THERAPY :hex:

After thwarting Starblaze's rampage by subduing her , the PCs decide to examine her to determine what caused her to go insane. On exmination however the PCS were shocked to find drugs in her body,PCP,LSD Crack,Ecstacy and other junk drugs in her blood stream in amounts that would have killed a herd of elephants 20 times over. And yet her Q'rrymm powered metabolism had kept her from feeling the full effects of the overdose. Now the question remains, who did it to her and why? But another question in their minds is what wiil happen if she goes berserk and does something irresponsible like reveal her identity and worst still reveal theirs as well?

The only way to deal with her insanity is to start some hard theraphy with some Tough Love thrown in. But will it work or will it fail and the PCs wind up with a throroughly insane teamamte on thier hands?

DATASWIPE :jupiter::hex:

CYBERSNITCH!!

Somebody's leaking details of every available student in both the regular and

Special classes and is signing his name as Blackmail on the internet.

Every dirty and not so dirty secret of certain people is being leaked to the press and certain villian groups in other schools. Now this hacker is probing the CHS Mainframe for every dirty secret of the PCs including their secret identities! Desperste,they call on thier resident hacker buster DataSwipe,to outhack and zap the hacker before he gets in too deep and finds the secret of CHS. But can even Dataswipe,whose gift is the power of cyberpsi be able to track down someone who can dodge detection and is also good at covering his tracks?

AI LOVE YOU!

An AI [Artificial Intelligence] Program in PRIMUS' defense system suddenly goes wacko thanks to some extra electricity from a thunderstorm and begins taking over all the weapons systems starting with the vehicles and mobile battle tanks. DataSwipe is called in and using a Viral spike program extracts the glitch,forcing it to go back to normal. :rofl:

The glitch however follows john home where its insinuates itself into his computer,communicator and everything else that's electronic. It's also gained a part of the AI's sentinence and begins to [horror of horrors!!] fall in love with him and begins to eliminate its rivals, starting with his girlfriend Dreamstar.

Now DataSwipe has to find a way to pull the plug on this overamourous computer before someone[namely Dreamy] gets hurt as a result of its misguided jealousy. :angst:

SEEDS OF REBELLION

The PCS notice the changed behavior of some of the more'troublesome' Students in the school. Some had begun behaving like good kids while others have gotten rowdier than usual. DataSwipe notices that they were logging into a website called the Greater Good which is the cause of the baffling behavior. Can the PCs find out the cause of this alteration before therowdies get even rowdier and incite a riot at the school? and can they find out who's behind this site? is it TELIOS? BLACK HARLEQUIN? VIPER or is it someone else entirely? :jupiter:

library

No, your problem isn't with the library; it lies within yourself. Your spelling is horrendous and you're not willing to correct it.

True, give me a free computer so that I can use the cut and paist feature (thay don't alow using it in the library), which will also alowe me to work theas things out in my OWN time, then prehaps I might become a beter speller. Till then, you don't see me flame others, do you?

I know your just trying to help me, but it is just NOT helping. I work as a utility clerk at a supermarket, don't have a bank acount, and could never afford my own computer. The only way I can use on is via the library, or via Kinkos (and my cash is limited). So until some computer sunenly materalises at my apartment, with a entierly for free T1 line...well that is never going to hapen to me.

Of course, that could be a great plot seed in itself. Imagion the hero coming home one day and spoting a computer in his small apartment which was not there before...

Some of these need work... but they were what I could come up with

Black Harlequin

1 - Maim Show

Black Harlequin captures some of the city's more prominant citizens (businessmen/city officials and the like) and holds them captive on live television. He dares the Heroes to rescue them on his television show, Sudden Death. To make things more fun for him, he rigs the hostages up to electric chairs and gradually cranks up the wattage as each second passes. Not only does he get to enjoy the heroes fighting through a gauntlet of his death toys and listening to the screams of agony as the hostages die a slow death, but he gets to share it with the world.

2 - He only laughs when it hurts.

(This one is good if Black Harlequin has not faced the PC's before, but requires boosting his financial dexterity). Having heard of a group of heroes he has yet to taunt, BH has established a foothold in Campaign city and bought the largest mansion in town he spends some months renovating and turning it into a giant funhouse ("Fun for me none for you!") full of death traps, attack toys, and costumed thugs. He then lures the PC's (or abducts them) and seperates them - making sure each one is in a seperate part of the mansion as he watches them fight for their lives.

This one was heavily borrowed from an X-Men graphic novel of the same name starring Arcade - I envision Black Harlequin as being a combination of Joker, Toyman, and Arcade as far as how he deals with his enemies.

3 - Death by laughter

Tired of the doldrums of the professional world, Black Harlequin has been loading the Air Conditioning systems with part one of his Laff-O-Gas. The second part is introduced through coffie filters. Of course, it's more fun for him if people litterally die laughing. Can the PC's figure out what's killing the city's businessmen before the city's economy buckles?

Of course, that could be a great plot seed in itself. Imagine the hero coming home one day and spotting a computer in his small apartment which was not there before...

Not a computer, but I did something similar. A player character in my campaign was rather paranoid, especially about the government. His teammates signed him up for a subscription to the Hero.net Herald, a weekly newspaper in my game. This publication is put out by former and current superheroes, plus fans and superhero wanna-bes. Subscribers receive the paper every Monday morning on their bedside table, secret ID or not. Nobody has ever seen the paper actually appear, and it never appears if somebody other than the recipient is in the room.

You can imagine how the paranoid PC freaked out when his first issue appeared in his home.

Not a computer' date=' but I did something similar. A player character in my campaign was rather paranoid, especially about the government. His teammates signed him up for a subscription to the [i']Hero.net Herald[/i], a weekly newspaper in my game. This publication is put out by former and current superheroes, plus fans and superhero wanna-bes. Subscribers receive the paper every Monday morning on their bedside table, secret ID or not. Nobody has ever seen the paper actually appear, and it never appears if somebody other than the recipient is in the room.

You can imagine how the paranoid PC freaked out when his first issue appeared in his home.

Wow...that is an interesting ideal.

• 4 weeks later...

Time After Time:

After an unfortunate encounter with Tesseract, Captain Chronos now finds himself triplicated. The three Captains are trying to, at the same time, stop some catastrophe and recombine. They come to the heroes for help.

Haven't put any thought into this beyond this.

A deep sea salvage team gets into trouble when they awaken a vampire that has been trapped in the HMS Titanic since it sank.

A deep sea salvage team gets into trouble when they awaken a vampire that has been trapped in the HMS Titanic since it sank.

Would the flow of the current be considered running water for the vampire? I can just see his coffin being opened and his arms waving in front trying to ward off the ocean "I can't move! I can't move!" :snicker:

Oh, I see "salvage" and maybe they brought the vampire up on the ship? Hmm, very interesting. The vampire has to let someone live to pilot him back to land. :lol: Otherwise he's trapped (as I'm sure he couldn't pilot the ship himself).

I think this idea could be very good for a one-on-one with the player & GM, as opposed to the whole group. Just my thoughts, though.

Would the flow of the current be considered running water for the vampire? I can just see his coffin being opened and his arms waving in front trying to ward off the ocean "I can't move! I can't move!" :snicker:

Oh, I see "salvage" and maybe they brought the vampire up on the ship? Hmm, very interesting. The vampire has to let someone live to pilot him back to land. :lol: Otherwise he's trapped (as I'm sure he couldn't pilot the ship himself).

I think this idea could be very good for a one-on-one with the player & GM, as opposed to the whole group. Just my thoughts, though.

Acualy, this seems to be the begining of the "5th Generation" of Jojo's Bizzar Adventure.

Acualy' date=' this seems to be the begining of the "5th Generation" of Jojo's Bizzar Adventure.[/quote']

I stole the idea off of the back cover of some ancient, obscure, paperback I saw in the Library the other day. (At least it was a distressed paperback with yellowing pages). But I'm pretty sure that wasn't the title of the book I saw.

I stole the idea off of the back cover of some ancient' date=' obscure, paperback I saw in the Library the other day. (At least it was a distressed paperback with yellowing pages). But I'm pretty sure that wasn't the title of the book I saw.[/quote']

Well, close. Jojo is a manga series which as of yet unpublished in the good old USA. Anyways, the 'event' you so stold basicly happened in Jojo to explain how Dio Brando came back to life to start the entier stand storyline. Except the boat was not the Titanic, and Dio, at the time of the boat's original sinking, was just an vampiric head.

Still, if your going to steal a plot frome somewhere, it is best to steal a plot from the original sourse (your book), then something else (Jojo). (And if you want real stealing, just ask me to explain the name puns which run throuout the series).

That's a good idea. BUT, didn't the Titantic sink at night? Vampire wouldn't be in his coffin. ;)

This also reminds me of the season cliffhanger when Conner dumped Angel into the ocean (he was strapped in a cage-like coffin) and he was missing for three months.

Mags

In the new MnM Annual (yeah!) they have this idea for a villain org called "The Meek", it's the people that are meek and are supposed to inherit the Earth and...they've decided to be a little proactive! They've bumping off bad guys and don't like supers much either is the gist. There's more to it but I don't want to unduly discuss the printed material...however, it gave me a spin-off idea...

you know how NPCs give info to the supers? Maybe those NPCs start giving bad info more and more - not so much the regular NPCs they know and like (though possibly you could have infiltrators or dopplegangers or turncoats there) but rather all the "incidental little people." Those "little people" seem to cooperate but are sabotaging the supers' efforts. It could play out sublty over many, many sessions, until the supers start getting frustrated at the continual problems (note - shouldn't be TOO often) and start looking deeper into it...what lays behind this plot?...

Warlord

(Okay, to qualify this first, I didn't like the Warlord gang write-up the first two times I looked through CKC, but on the third, when I did a more detail read, I thought the only good use from this group would be in taking over a country.)

The China Syndrome

Warlord and the gang (including mercenary/military troops) invade Taiwan. This sparks immediate responses from China, the United States, and Japan. China sends half of the Tiger Squad as a vanguard while preparing a military "liberation" force. The United States sends in the local fleet, while grouping sanctioned heroes as a supplemental "protection" force. The heroes are asked to assist by their host nation (overtly or in secret, depending on their status). Japan has a substantial interest in Taiwan remaining as-is. Since their Constitution prevents an offensive military, Japan has secretly recruited local heroes & mercenaries to repel both Warlord and Tiger Squad, in that order.

Do the heroes assist? Or do they let this play out on its own?

What happens if the Warlord repells both countries' forces? What happens if one country defeats Warlord and then the other nation's force shows up? If the U.S. is victorious over Warlord, will China become belligerant? If China is victorious over Warlord, will they imbed themselves in Taiwan for "Taiwan's protection." What if Japan's supers are discovered? What happens if Warlord takes over Taiwan and cannot be removed? What if China hired Warlord to create this situation for an underhanded, but crafty de facto control over Taiwan?

Sierra Leone

The UN pulls out the last of its mission troops. One month later total chaos ensues with several uprisings. Anarchy has returned. With the tension created in Southeast Asia over Taiwan, Warlord uses that (preplanned) distraction to invade. Will anyone aid this poor, African country in its most unfortunate of times? (Especially since the uprising rebels all join Warlord.)

Cuban Missile Crisis

Warlord is hired by Fidel Castro. If done overtly, how will the U.S. respond if Warlord starts overtly spying on Guantanamo or Florida? Will they ask the heroes to "independently" harass them? If done covertly, Castro may use them to launch hit & run misions on the U.S. (A great distraction from Cuba if Warlord has taken over Sierra Leone.) If the U.S. discovers this secret liaison, will they be able to convince the heroes to "depose" the team? What aid will they offer? (Government supers? Special forces?) What happens if Warlord wants Cuba for his own, but doesn't want the U.S. presence?

What happens if the Warlord repells both countries' forces? What happens if one country defeats Warlord and then the other nation's force shows up? If the U.S. is victorious over Warlord, will China become belligerant? If China is victorious over Warlord, will they imbed themselves in Taiwan for "Taiwan's protection." What if Japan's supers are discovered?

I wonder...are supers in Japan covered by the "no stanging armies" disarmation act (the same act which pulled the teath out of there militarie, but left them with a "self-defence force")? If so, this would mean that any supers which got sent over to Taiwan who are Jananies would have to be privet citizens "oficialy". That, or sponcered by big buisness companies with intrest in Taiwan.

So, what will the heros do when "Nitendoman" comes into play?

I wonder...are supers in Japan covered by the "no stanging [sic] armies" disarmation [sic] act?

I believe the official version of HERO 5E states that the Japanese government employs no supers, so they would definitely be civilians. Now, the concept of businesses hiring the supers actually makes good sense.

Warlord

Sierra Leone

The UN pulls out the last of its mission troops. One month later total chaos ensues with several uprisings. Anarchy has returned. With the tension created in Southeast Asia over Taiwan, Warlord uses that (preplanned) distraction to invade. Will anyone aid this poor, African country in its most unfortunate of times? (Especially since the uprising rebels all join Warlord.)

Heck, you could also apply this to Liberia next door to the east; it's even more unstable (and has "intervened" into Sierra Leone).

I believe the official version of HERO 5E states that the Japanese government employs no supers' date=' so they would definitely be civilians. Now, the concept of businesses hiring the supers actually makes good sense.[/quote']

In my former supers campaign, I set up Japan as a super-person "free for all" place. Basically, the Japanese would not extradite supers, and, instead, simply required them to perform in circuses, including showcasing battles between supers.

PS - their primary motivation was not only entertainment, but to always have supers ready to fight the mutated monsters such as Godzilla or Mothra!