from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Hermit

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share you ideas!

As the hero's DNPC waits at the bus stop, a man in a wheelchair comes up and says, "Does this bologna smell funny to you?" DNPC smells bologna, only to discover why it smells funny: chloroform! Hilarity ensues.

Grond is one of my favorite bricks! :rockon: Add this to your scenarios involving Grond (a previous GM of mine did): Grond will stop fighting for Ho-Ho's. He'll even hug you if you give him Twinkies. After the heroes discover this' date=' so eventually does Foxbat. The next time the heroes face Grond, Foxbat is rewarding him with snack after snack. :nya:[/quote']

Ha, this sounds like those Hostess ads in the back pages of comics from the 70s. Superman and Batman solved many problems with Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes.

Ha' date=' this sounds like those Hostess ads in the back pages of comics from the 70s. Superman and Batman solved many problems with Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes.[/quote']

During Assistant Editors month in Marvel, Franklin Richards and Aunt May took on Galactus and defeated or satiated him with Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes. It was a fun story.

As the hero's DNPC waits at the bus stop' date=' a man in a wheelchair comes up and says, "Does this bologna smell funny to you?" DNPC smells bologna, only to discover [i']why[/i] it smells funny: chloroform! Hilarity ensues.

See! That's why Spectrum refuses to have anything to do with bologna!

campaign inside joke, move along

"And remember, kids, drink Nar-Cola-it's fantastic!"

Cavalier

1) Going for a Ride: Eric Trammell is rightfully proud of his powered armor, but as skilled as he is at technology, there are those that are truly its master. One day, while on patrol (and seeking to get a little air time) he loses control of the suit. Seemingly of its own violation, it begins to fire upon hapless citizenry, and tear up the local buildings. In short, the armor is on a rampage, and Cavalier is trapped inside during this. Who's doing this, and how are they doing it? And, of course, how will the PCs stop it?

2) The Battle Armor Brawl for it All- Ellis Wheatley (his manager) convinces Cavalier to take up his most audacious publicity stunt yet. They arrange for a grand gathering of high tech armored heroes for a tournament of modern knighthood. Each armored hero gets to put his suit to the test against his peers. The grand prize is a lot of cash that either the hero can take for himself, or donate to his favorite charity. What's more, it is a chance to study other suits of power armor up close and maybe swipe a few ideas. It's a hard call to resist for those brave or foolish enough to risk their own armor in it. Besides, Ellis assures Eric that this will be his best shot at humiliating "that snob Defender"

legally! Eric is convinced, but Ellis is a weasely guy, is it possible he's putting in the fix so his client can't lose?

3) Protect this!: Being thwarted by a super hero in a tin can is bad enough, having your plans interfered with by a super hero in a tin can who makes MONEY off your defeats is too galling to bear. A high placed VIPER operative in MC gets the go ahead to start "Operation: Dismount", the goal of which is nothing less than the total ruination of Cavalier's credibility as a protector of corporate properties. A list of this properties has been researched and verified. Money is given to the villains who agree to make robbing these places their top priority (and they get to keep the spoils themselves as an added bonus). What's more, VIPER knows Cavalier can't be everywhere at once, so tries to arrange the attacks on the very same night. Perhaps the PCs will get a clue of this operation from a captured agent, or perhaps it won't be until that night when they see Cavalier nearly exhausted streaking back and forth. Maybe Cavalier himself will radio the heroes begging for their assistance, as big as a showboat as he is, he maybe forced to swallow his pride if he wants to keep his customers.

Space, the final frontier (Psi)

Psi

A) The Intro

A crime wave is sweeping the city. Villians are dressed in a popular science-fiction television show and crimes are usually to steal some wonderous technology (or sometimes just hard cash). The blasters seem like cheap plastic, but fire phased energy bolts in their hands. They communicate in what appears to be something like an upside-down cell phone, but does not transmit or receive radio waves. Worse yet, they always manages to remotely teleport them away.

B) What do you mean someone stole it?

In order to explore space, they need a spaceship. Luckily, a nearby government base has one under security. Their mission, steal it, repair it, and launch it back into space. (They've probed the alien on how the technology works.)

V.O.I.C.E.:

1) Evil feeds upon itself: One member from each from various supervillain groups around the world turns up dead about once a week. The connection: A rival villain drops the deceased body at a news station (on camera) with a note. Tension mounts as a groups such as GRAB, WITCH, Terror, Inc., Assessininos, and the Ultimates all feel the sting. Chaos breaks loose when a member of Euorostar gets killed. Their rival was an American villain from the PCs home city/state and now Eurostar reeks havoc in that location.

What's happening? V.O.I.C.E. has a new member (or two), one (or two) of the Masq. V.O.I.C.E. assassinates a villain, the Masq poses as a rival and dumps the body off publicly. (The note is becasue the Masq may not speak the local language). V.O.I.C.E. is weakening the strength of potential rivals hoping to eliminate several groups. If and when a group is eliminated, V.O.I.C.E. moves into that territory (PCs area?) with no opposition.

2) The Great Super Villain Contest: A new super group appears in a neighboring city doing a few good deeds. Only once again, the GSVC starts. Things are "typical" for the contest until the neighboring city group starts killing a few villains. Repurcussions abound: Citizens are split on these actions. "Supers/Anti-mutant" hate groups have fuel for their fire. Local politicians want restrictive measures. Citizens become split on their feelings for supers. Some villains start killing other supers ("do it to them before they do it to us") and complain about the rules of the GSVC. The entity holding the contest decides to send his own troops to subdue this new hero group on their next major appearance.

The PCs are attacked by many villains (safety in numbers, 7-12) and are being severely beaten. In come the heroes next door to help out. Who do the PCs support? The killing heroes who are helping them or the destructive villains who are out to get them? Toward the end of the conflict (when only two groups are left), the assault group from the GSVC host has arrived. Now what?

What's happening: V.O.I.C.E. was starting up a recruiting drive when the GSVC started. Angered that he couldn't get any responses since the GSVC was receiving more "press," Lung Hung has the Jaws dress as heroes to sow dissention amongst the public, heroes and villains. With the GSVC vanguard's appearance, LH must decide whether to regroup or fight. Also, what if someone in the GSVC is a mentalist and discovers the ploy? Which side will the heroes be on?

3)Recruitment drive: V.O.I.C.E. is looking for new members. To prove themselves worthy, they must kill a hero (preferably a martial artist). One of the PCs is attacked and bloodied. When the heroe is stunned, the villain boasts about the recruitment drive and then starts the attack again. Several more PCs arrive to help out and the villain flees. After this news is reported, several new costumed & masked martial artists pop-up the next week announcing they'll help stop V.O.I.C.E.

The next day, the PC that was originally attacked is found dead. The strange thing is, is that he's at home/the base watching the news story. Each day following another martial artist is found dead. After a few days of this, the police come to the PCs base to discuss important private business. It turns out that all of these dead heroes are exact copies of the original PC. The PCs try to find out where these clones are coming from. Turns out a scientist figured he could create clones to die in the place of real heroes. The heroes have an ethical & moral problem here. Plus, how long has this guy had cloning technology? Who else has he clone?

White Rhino

1) Enter The Red Rhino: White Rhino and Taisman got together and pulled off a job together stealing a mystical artifact from a museam (and letting WR keep the other loot). Durning this encounter, she notices (through her magic) that he has some sort of compeling spell on him. Trying to remove it, she acadently creates a more evil, demomic Red version of White Rhino who goes on a rampage. Can the heros stop a charging Red Rhino? Will thay figure out what caused him to go berserk? Can thay get White Rhino's help to subdue the other Rhino?

2) A Serpent In Africa: White Rhino gets a compultion and follows it, ending up at the lair of the Surpreme Serpent. Or, more corectly, under it. He leaves, but not before being noticed by the Surpreme Serpent. Now, someone knows where the Surpreme Serpent's Nest is. And the Surpreme Serpent wants to keep it a secret. Asasions are unleashed, and White Rhino flees to the campain city. Asasions follow. All heck breaks lose as White Rhino tries to stay alive agenst some prety modivated group of Dragon Branch agents.

Re: Grond

Green SpaceWhen the PCs investigate the region' date=' they are amazed to discover a colony of the legendary Sasquatch! Even more unsettling, though, is when they are attacked by the beast-men's new protector. Grond has discovered a peaceful land whose simple inhabitants accept him without reservation, and will not let the humans who have hounded him destroy it.[/quote']

Woohoo! Another Grond episode! I really like this one, too. I know your post will be a month old this Saturday, but I just signed up in June!

Another related Grond theme could be the PCs are notified of a Grond sighting in the forest and asked to stop him from rampaging through. When the PCs arrive, they see Grond is officially employed by the lumber company to help chop wood. With his strength he chops down trees in one swing. With four arms he chops down two trees at a time, maybe four! Sure, it's not as great as your idea, but it is a thought.

My original thought was like this:

King Grond: The PCs' base is alerted that Grond has been sighted scaling a construction site in downtown. When the PCs arrive, they find out Grond in now a construction worker; the fellow who called it in didn't think to find out the story first. (This idea I had since in one of the campaigns I was in, one of the other PCs -Thor- had a public ID and was a contstruction worker.)

Re: Copycats?

GROND:

A rotten rich-kid has been denied entry into a city-wide art contest as he was found to be cheating by his teacher at school. While on his way home, he comes across Grond, who is simply wanting a place to stay for awhile. The kid lets Grond stay at his home/mansion and a thankful Grond decides to help him get in the art contest one way or the other.

:eek: Hey! Don't use Grond to reinforce a bad student's bad behavioral patterns!

-Sorry it's the teaching aspect in me.

Maybe they meet, kid tells story and Grond says he wishes he had an art teacher. Kid tries to get revenge on teacher and sends Grond after her. PCs are told of Grond sighting, fly to school and find teacher actually teaching art to Grond.

-Yeah, I'm sentimental about Grond. :D

The next batch of ideas

Grond Smash ! (Grond)

The opening of the Hulk movie has not gone unnoticed by the paranomal community. And someone in particular is keen to show that there is only one green skinned Goliath. So Grond crashes the premiere in Los Angeles. Can the heroes stop Grond AND simultaneously stop property damage particularly near that famous Chinese theatre?

Great Grond scene! :D

How about adding this whenever the PCs beat Grond and he gets taken away:

A Hollywood producer, loving Grond's performance at the theater, visits Grond in prison. He offers Grond the role of an action star if he will behave while locked up. Defense lawyers convice the county to have a hearing for Grond to be released doing community service. The PCs are requested since they help beat Grond. Will they help Grond go straight?

"Grond smash!" - Grond at the movies

"Grond smash puny super friends!" - Extended DVD version

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow

VIPER:

From a street contact, the PCs learn that VIPER is doing something concerning the next football game in town. The contact doesn't know much, he overheard (spied) a bit, but was too scared to stick around when agents thought they heard something (him).

The PCs go to the game (incognito) and search and search and search, but don't find any signs of VIPER before the game, so they take their seats and wait. For the first time, the players really notice the field. It's the local team versus the Green Bay Packers. Something clicks. Green Bay colors are green and yellow. VIPER colors are green and yellow. VIPER has legitamately, but quietly bought the team. Hmm... I wonder what this means for the Baltimore Ravens?

Minor note -- the Packers are the one team in the league whose ownership is spilt up among the populace of the town.

In order to 'buy the packers' -- yes, a large plurality is tied up in a few owners...

... the rest of it is spread out in little packets among thousands of people all over Green Bay. Perhaps tens of thosuands, I'm not certain.

The thing is, the NFL has always wanted to move the Pack out of Green Bay, 'cause the television market there is deadsville. The only reason they're up there in the first place is 'cause of the grandfather clause, 'cause they're one of the original NFL franchises.

So the Packers did a new stock issue -- and deliberately spread it out all over the county.

And then passed a bylaw saying that the team couldn't move w/o the approval of a supermajority of stockholders.

The NFL is *still* fuming. :)

But anyway, the Packers are the last team in the league where the franchise truly belongs to the community, not some corporate owner.

The Seven Horsemen:

War, hmph, what is he good for? A local villainous brick beats up a lone PC or two while he/they is/are out on patrol. Somehow, it makes the news. A few nights later, the PC(s) is/are on patrol again and run into the same brick. Before combat can ensue, War attacks the brick to see who is better. The PCs can either intervene or watch. If victorious (and really, why not?), War makes some tactical suggestions on how to beat this guy, then he leaves.

Mayhem and Destruction: Fear and Destruction have arrived downtown during lunch hour. Fear is bringing aspects to the forefront, granting normal power. He is looking for an eighth Horseman (Mayhem), maybe because Destruction wants a boy-toy. Can the heroes stop them? And how many new low-powered supers are created with dominant aspects? (Passion, humor, competitiveness, etc.)

We have nothing to fear but Fear himself: Perhaps either tired of the PCs' popularity, boldness, or just wanting more people beneath him, Fear has the Seven Horsemen attack the PCs. When the PCs are beat, they are spirited away to some abandoned warehouse that has been prepared for them. When they come to -all chained, bound, and restrained- Fear tells them he's going to recruit them into his army, whether they like it or not. He tries to manipulate all the PCs at once, and somewhat succeeds. Anyone with a beserk, has the rolls changed (for the worse), those with enraged now have beserk (same roll) and those without, now have enraged (with the best rolls possible: 8- to go, 14- recover). They all also have a minor psychological fear of Fear and a 1.5 vulnerability to one of the member's powers. (Maybe one PC has a vuln. to one of Famine's attacks, one PC has a vuln to a Dread attack, etc.) The other side effects? Each PC is now 50 to 100 points stronger! Either in a new power, a boost in current stats or a mixture of both!

Minor note -- the Packers are the one team in the league whose ownership is spilt up among the populace of the town.

:mad: Curse you to the seven seas! (I mean that in the nicest way. :yes: )

Sigh, well, not in my campaign, gosh darnit. :hex:

Ha' date=' this sounds like those Hostess ads in the back pages of comics from the 70s. Superman and Batman solved many problems with Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes.[/quote']

I think they went into the 80's also. But those were advertisements, with Grond, it's an adventure! :D

Besides, wouldn't you want to be eating a cupcake while being lassoed by Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman? :thumbup:

One could learn to like the city of Green Bay :)

Hey, football isn't a sport up there, it's a *religion*. My aunt's family lives there, and I live in Chicago(*), that's how I know.

(*) Which means I get to see the Pack kick our asses an average of twice a season. It gets to the point you know your rivals better than your own team. Ah, but I'm wandering again. :)

In order to 'buy the packers' -- yes, a large plurality is tied up in a few owners...

... the rest of it is spread out in little packets among thousands of people all over Green Bay. Perhaps tens of thosuands, I'm not certain.

But anyway, the Packers are the last team in the league where the franchise truly belongs to the community, not some corporate owner.

Silence! I shall not have you tainting my idea with foul, factual references! :tsk: (Somehow, this does sound familiar, though. Can anyone else confirm this?) Okay, maybe Green Bay, Wisconsin is the secret base to the North American leaders of VIPER and they have the more VIPER agents in Green Bay than the next three nests combined! :cheers: Yes! The fact that most of these employees are the pencil pushers and lawyers means nothing to me. Nothing, I tell you! :sneaky: Now begone before I have to turn you into an an e-newt. But have a nice day while you're at it. :snicker:

Foxbat:

The death of a pet: A PC's DNPC's pet gerbil dies. The PC is asked to take him to the store to buy another. When the PC goes to the store, all the gerbils, hamsters, mice and similar rodents are sold out. The PC goes to another store. The same thing has happened! If the PC mentions this to a store employee, the employee offers to call their other stores in town. What a coincidence, all of these animals have been purchased. After doing some minor investigating, the heroes discover that at each store a few people came in buying all of the same tye of pet, but none of the descriptions really match. What's going on? The stores mention they'll be resupplied in about a week.

A few days later, on a night patrol, the power in the city goes out in a bad storm.* Only one building in the neighborhood has power. If the PC(s) investigate, they see Foxbat and team playing cards or some such. If PC(s) investigate further or enter by crashing the party, they'll eventually discover that there is a floor dedicated to housing hundreds of gerbils, hamster, mice, etc. It turns out Foxbat was tired of paying a very expensive electric bill and uses these rodents to supply him with electricity. All the cages have wheels that are attached to the electric layout. Ingenious and legal! (Of course, if Foxbat is wanted for any crimes....)

The check is in the mail: Post offices around the city are reporting break-ins, but they can't figure out what the criminals are looking for. Once the news is spread and stake-outs are posted, the crimes stop. Then postal 18-wheelers are being robbed! The drivers are knocked out from either sleeping gas, or hit on the head from behind when at truck stops. Eventually, the PCs come upon Foxbat and company exiting a mail truck with a few bags full of mail. During the fight, a missed shot hits a bag (or a successul hit where the bag is used to intercept the shot) and many envelopes fall out; the villains flee. When investigating, or if Foxbat is then captured. It turns out all stolen envelopes were from Publishers Clearing House. Foxbat was hoping that by eliminating all competitors in the city, he might win. The next day or so, PCH announces a winner in the neighboring city.

Hmm... I can't think of a third one, other than Foxbat embaresses Eurostar and they chase him back to campaign city. But it's just not as creative. UNLESS the PCs are vacationing in Europe at the time, and Foxbat come retreating right past them!

*A few weeks ago, Dallas County had a standard storm with some high winds that ended up knocking out power to 500,000 homes, apartments, and buildings. It was more due to a lack of well-maintained lines than fierce lightning, but still.

To tell you the truth' date=' Irishman, I don't like mentalists. The PCs really have Bad Egos, and any Mentalist worth their salt could wipe the floor with them; they is UBER.[/quote']

Bah, humbug! And a hogwash while ye 'r at it. :drink: Just because they're a mentalist, doesn't mean they have to be a powerful mentalist. Maybe they're only built on 200 points, or 175.

In a game I ran, the "mentalist" of the group had only a 4d6 ego attack with an ECV of 7. She didn't have any mind reading abilities. There was a scene where she was trying to take out a criminal normal who had all primary mental stats at 10 and primary physical stats between 12-14. On her first ego attack, she missed. :nya: Her second attack did 6 points, straight, no defenses. :think: Her next attack did 10 points. She switched dice and rolled 10 points again. :stupid: Luckily for her, that knocked the guy out.

I say attack the PCs with a low-powered mentalist or two. A psychokinesis mentalist doesn't read minds necessarily. A mentalist doesn't make one a Jedi.

If your PCs didn't buy energy defenses, would you refuse to use energy attacks? In a game where I was a player, a new GM tried running a Dark Champions game, and didn't use energy attacks at all, figuring it wasn't a DC kind of thing. We didn't buy energy defenses and became a little too well defended. :bmk:

PS: At 11:50 PM yesterday evening, my first 5E was scanned in at the local UPS hub. Today, I shall receive it. Yahoo! :bounce:

Before I forget....Steriaca, Thanks for the White Rhino ideas!

In the mean time, I realized we didn't seem to have any plot seeds for everyone favorite Champion... who isn't a Champion officially :)

Kinetik

1) What do you do, what -do- you do?: A villain has clearly seen the movie Speed one too many times. The Heroes are surprised to see Millennium City's favorite speedster running loops around the city, snatching, when he can, papers and trying to hastily scribe notes for others to find. It turns out the villain (I recommend Black Harlequin) has put some sort of device on Kinetik that measures his velocity. If he drops under a certain speed, or leaves the city, it will trigger bombs hidden all over the city to explode. Can the PCs find the bombs and disarm them in time? Kinetik can't keep running forever.

2)Swift Vengeance!- Grant is a good man with a lot of responsibilities, three of them are his younger siblings, Joyce, Ronnie, and Phillip. When a group of Neo Nazi skinheads gets their hands on Joyce, she lands in the hospital in critical care and may not live. Kinetik snaps, and seeks to bring these guys down! and worse. Kinetik has never taken a life, but all who know him agree he's not acting like himself (and unless they know his secret ID, they may have no clue why). The PCs have to stop him before he crosses the line that must not be crossed.

3) Target Tom- A supervillain group composed of all African Americans has hit Millennium City. They portray themselves as Robin Hood sorts, seeking to rectify what they claim is an imbalance against blacks in a white world. The truth of the matter is only a small portion of what they steal goes to anyone else, but they have nevertheless garnered growing support in certain subcultures of Millennium City. In one brawl with the Champions, they actually gain the upper hand until Kinetik shows up and turns the tide. Infuriated, the villain team retreats, all the time promising to get back at the "Traitor to the race". Now, the Champions are out of town, and the villain team decides to kill Kinetik in a gruesome public manner to make an example of him. It won't be easy to catch the quick speedster, but he's outnumbered, and outgunned. To complicate matters, Kinetik refuses to go seek help himself, he's a role model and he sees his own messes through. Whether he wants to admit it or not, he'll need the PCs' aid just to survive.

(Somehow' date=' this does sound familiar, though. Can anyone else confirm this)[/quote']

Yep. I live in Milwaukee, and I KNOW the people of Green Bay have about a 50% to 75% ownership of the Green Bay Packers.

Which got me to thinking, if Foxbat wanted his own football team, and he had his heart set on the Packers, if he could somehow forge a 'deed of ownership' for the entier Green Bay area and make it for one of his ansesters, he owns Green Bay. Which means that he owns the Green Bay Packers. Which means that NOTHING can stop him from implmenting his master plan of makeing clones of Bret Farve, and using the clones as his personal armie to CONQUOR THE WORLD!!! MaHaHaHaHA!!!

Thank you for the compliment for my White Rhino ideals. Now it is The Vizgoth's turn.

1) The Great Asasination Game: The Vizgoth and vareous super asasions gather in the campain city. It seems that someone has set up some sort of contest to prove to the world who is the greatest asasion. That someone has asigned a 'point system' where an ordanary normal is worth one point, armed cops are worth two points, PRIMUS, UNTILL, VIPER, and other agents are worth three points, and so on. Also, if an asasion kills another assasion in the contest, thay gain all the points thay acumulated. Can the heros stop such a mass killing spree in there city?

2) Death Watches Eurostar: Scorpea ends up injered and dieing in the hands of The Vizgoth. Eurostar attacks him without giveing him a chance to explain himself. Has he turned trator to them? And what does this have to do with a mystereous message which reads "I am coming back to destroy you. The Profesor."

(Prehaps Vizgoth was always a plant by Profesor Murtie, and figures promply in his new incantation of Terror Incorprated. Or, he could be set up by him. Or, it could be anything at all).