from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Hermit

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share you ideas!

TERROR BEYOND IMAGINING!

Tappan Arkwright III or rather the Twin, goes to Telios to free himself from his weak willed brother and get himself a new monsterous body with which to wreak havoc in the name of his foul Edomite masters. The Twin's new body is indeed quite powerful indeed but the true horror is the payment by which The Twin was able to commission this new body from Telios.

For you see, The Twin hadn't enough money to pay Telios in cash so he gave Telios something else the mad scientist desired, namely a DNA sample from an Edomite!! Having just recently aqquired another valuble DNA sample, Telios combined the two and created his latest army of monsters from them and let them loose.

Now those monsters are rampaging through the Campaign City. What do the heroes do when faced with creatures weilding the foul magics of the Edomites and possessing the mighty power of Grond?

Re: From little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

As I sort through the 5th Edition character write ups, I have to admit one thing I do enjoy is the plot seeds. Next to most characters are 3 plot seeds related to a villain that one can expand on fairly easily.

So, post 'em if you got em'.

Ha ha! Hermit, in our Q & A session, it made me want to post that here. I hope I didn't post it before (and truly doubt it). For everyone else, this is response 4649, page 310 from Q&A game, unedited:

Q: Ever change heroes into villains? I don't have the heart myself.

A: I've tried. I used to run Thunder & Lightning, a married couple whose history was that they were good but went bad, at the beginning of my campaigns. I created a hero who I had long-term plans of becoming a villain. And a world-dominating one at that. If you ever read the "Armaggedon" mini-series from DC, it was going to sort of follow that line, but my super was more of a Capt. Atom type. I can't remember his hero name, but his villain name would have been Monarch. I had it planned out of what was going to happne (basics).

1) He would retire from being a hero after marriage.

2) When his wife would be eight months pregnant, she and her unborn were going to be killed accidentaly by a villain group (Verdict, made up of Judge, Jury and Executioner) when battling the PC heroes.

3) He would don his hero garb again and go after villains in the city with a vengence.

4) He would then go after people who sped, littered and eventually, those who didn't flush the toilet (yes, I had this all planned).

5) When the PCs (and city) had enough, he would begin his 'reign' as Monarch.

I even had different background music planned for his different stages. When I ran him, it was a time we "cast" our characters via celebrities. He was a muscular version of Meat Loaf. And the NPC's background music were various Meat Loaf songs. You reminded me of this, and now I may have to include it in my new campaign that *should* start up on Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I am going to give it a try...

Cateran

Time to play the Game

The sexy, immortal Scot is approached by a mysterious teenaged boy who relates some very personal information from Cateran's distant past (1600s). It is revealed to her that there has been a cabal of immortal mutants that have existed since the Turkian Age. These mutants at first battled each other for centuries. Raising armies and fighting directly but over time that got tiresome even with special powers. So they instead began to play a Game. A game where the Players gained points based on the power and influence of their pieces. So throughout history this cabal of Players manipulated events and beings in an escalating points war of influence.

How will Cateran react when she discovers the current point leader was directly responsible for the birth and eventual rise of Dr. Destroyer? Will she play the Game? What if she does and discovers that one of the PCs was created for purposes of the Game? Would she teamup (covertly) with the PCs to stop this Game before the Earth is destroyed by it?

Hope you guys like that. As to the exact rules of the Game and point scores, I suggest to keep it simple. Like "No direct combat between Players", "To quit the Game is to forfeit your life", "Never reveal your true self to mundanes", and etc, etc.

Re: Die Organics!

Damn... the only nifty plot scenarios I can suggest are non-Champions (although I suppose, given most of y'all's knowledge of NPCs and such, you could choose the appropriate villains/NPCs for each adventure)...

I've got plenty, for those who want to see, or is this for Champions based FRED only?

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Re: Die Organics!

Damn... the only nifty plot scenarios I can suggest are non-Champions (although I suppose, given most of y'all's knowledge of NPCs and such, you could choose the appropriate villains/NPCs for each adventure)...

I've got plenty, for those who want to see, or is this for Champions based FRED only?

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Well, it's super hero genre (That covers a lot) and my own preference (speaking for myself) is the 5th Ed Champions Universe setting so it's more useful to everyone equally... but that's just my pref.

Stuffed in a dumpster is the body of a fat man in a red and white suit. Police try to move him, only to find that he weighs nearly a ton. Nearby is found some sort of primitive sled or cart, made of wood as hard as iron and heavy as lead. Still smoking burn marks on the vehicle indicate that it may have come under some sort of attack, almost certainly by a metahuman. In possibly related news, dozens of reports have come in over the last twelve hours of huge flying animals smashing windows, destroying cars, and in one case destroying the top floor of a swanky hotel.

Who Killed Santa Claus?

Can the players find the truth, round up the reindeer, and get to the North Pole in time to save Christmas?

• 5 weeks later...

Tezcatlipoca

Since we now have all sorts of goodies from some of the mystical champions books that came out for 5th Ed... here we go :)

Tezcatlipoca

Seeds of Blood - Frustrated by his repeated failures to come to Earth to stay, Tezcatlipoca decides upon a new approach to pave the way. Various super powered women of "suitable" lineage are kidnapped by his servants to be brought to a site once sacred to him so he may manifest. There, with the help of spells to make the women more docile, he will attempt to wed them, and impregnate them. Demi-Gods, children raised to serve their father, will soon stride the earth.

The Red Flower Blooms - A big discovery just occurred in Mexico. An incredibly large and ornate ruby has been unearthed that seems to predate Spanish incursions into the New World. The nation of Mexico proudly puts it on display, not just in Mexico City, but abroad. In addition to any regular theft attempts, the Nagual Cultists do anything in their power to claim it. It would seem, properly used, the Red Flower would increase the "restore the Aztec World" ritual from 8 KM radius, to affecting 8000! Nine out of ten super heroes agree; this would be a "bad thing".

The Defector?- A long forgotten central American deity begins sending dreams to one of the PCs. The images are fuzzy and unsure at first, but grow clearer every night. The entity begs the super hero to help it stop Tezcatlipocal's latest plan, one IT knows of. It can not explain more now, but instructions on how to contact it are given. Should the PCs follow the ritual, and is this being willing to betray Lord Smoking Mirror or is this just some trick? Perhaps the PCs are being manipulated into somehow summoning Tezcatlipoca himself!

The New Circle Thread has 40+ Mystic NPCs and 80+ Mystic plot seeds.

Additional for this thread:

Skarn. An African tribe is suffering genocide at the hands of the dominant people of their country. A sorcerer amoung them manages to contact Skarn, who dispatches his forces to protect these innocents. He also provides them with food, medecine, and the weapons they need to defend themselves. Do your PCs allow the forces of Skarn to establish a beach-head in this world, or do they try to force those forces back, allowing the slaughter of the innocent to continue? Or do they try to intervene themselves, and how far are they willing to go to solve a problem that requires international peace keeping forces and large human rights organizations to have even a chance of succeeding?

• 3 weeks later...

CHS PLOTS Starring-------

Starblaze

STARBLAZE GOES WILD!!

Due to some bouts with mental stress and pressures in school and at home,

the strain of being a perfect big sister causes Starblaze to lose her cool and her marbles as a genetic defect in her graymatter causes her to slowly go insane over the years. This madness caused her to transform her overprotectiveness into an obsession with keeping in the past and keeping her sister in her childhood.

But when Dreamstar decides to learn how to be a teenager,she decides to use a villian's hypnotic weapon to regress her back to the way she was before the accident[ for which she incorrectly feels responsible].

Unfourtunately the PCs and Dreamy noticed that the weapon,suposedly long drained of power was found with a full battery pack and a techno upgrade.

Confronting her one night, they caught her in a trap,only to be attacked by a very berserk Starblaze.

Now it's up to the PCs to stop her before she hurts herself and anyone else with her berserker rage.

But can they do it? Can they,even with the help of Dreamstar and her father,

stop someone who can channel the powers of the cosmos from going on a beserk rampage in MED CITY?

TOUGH LOVE,HARD THERAPY :hex:

After thwarting Starblaze's rampage by subduing her , the PCs decide to examine her to determine what caused her to go insane. On exmination however the PCS were shocked to find drugs in her body,PCP,LSD Crack,Ecstacy and other junk drugs in her blood stream in amounts that would have killed a herd of elephants 20 times over. And yet her Q'rrymm powered metabolism had kept her from feeling the full effects of the overdose. Now the question remains, who did it to her and why? But another question in their minds is what wiil happen if she goes berserk and does something irresponsible like reveal her identity and worst still reveal theirs as well?

The only way to deal with her insanity is to start some hard theraphy with some Tough Love thrown in. But will it work or will it fail and the PCs wind up with a throroughly insane teamamte on thier hands?

DATASWIPE :jupiter::hex:

CYBERSNITCH!!

Somebody's leaking details of every available student in both the regular and

Special classes and is signing his name as Blackmail on the internet.

Every dirty and not so dirty secret of certain people is being leaked to the press and certain villian groups in other schools. Now this hacker is probing the CHS Mainframe for every dirty secret of the PCs including their secret identities! Desperste,they call on thier resident hacker buster DataSwipe,to outhack and zap the hacker before he gets in too deep and finds the secret of CHS. But can even Dataswipe,whose gift is the power of cyberpsi be able to track down someone who can dodge detection and is also good at covering his tracks?

AI LOVE YOU!

An AI [Artificial Intelligence] Program in PRIMUS' defense system suddenly goes wacko thanks to some extra electricity from a thunderstorm and begins taking over all the weapons systems starting with the vehicles and mobile battle tanks. DataSwipe is called in and using a Viral spike program extracts the glitch,forcing it to go back to normal. :rofl:

The glitch however follows john home where its insinuates itself into his computer,communicator and everything else that's electronic. It's also gained a part of the AI's sentinence and begins to [horror of horrors!!] fall in love with him and begins to eliminate its rivals, starting with his girlfriend Dreamstar.

Now DataSwipe has to find a way to pull the plug on this overamourous computer before someone[namely Dreamy] gets hurt as a result of its misguided jealousy. :angst:

SEEDS OF REBELLION

The PCS notice the changed behavior of some of the more'troublesome' Students in the school. Some had begun behaving like good kids while others have gotten rowdier than usual. DataSwipe notices that they were logging into a website called the Greater Good which is the cause of the baffling behavior. Can the PCs find out the cause of this alteration before therowdies get even rowdier and incite a riot at the school? and can they find out who's behind this site? is it TELIOS? BLACK HARLEQUIN? VIPER or is it someone else entirely? :jupiter:

heh.. Ok.. who's starblaze? You got me interested. :nonp:

heh.. Ok.. who's starblaze? You got me interested. :nonp:

Starblaze is one of my PCs in my CHS campaign. She's the older sister whose

Q'rrym charged powers are near similar to those of her father, NEON,The Living Laser I've got her stats written up on paper and I might send her stats to your email if you want them. :uranus::hail:

• 3 weeks later...

The Battle of Detroit, revisited

The PCs are hot on the trail of a criminal mastermind. When they confront this mastermind, something unexpected happens and the PCs are transported back in time a few days before the grand finale. What will the PCs do? Will they try to return to their own time and let history play itself out? Will they join in one of the battles? Will they recall certain aspects of the event (where Destroyer's laser was, that Destroyer teleported out when the laser fired, etc.) and try to foil Destroyer's escape attempt? (This could end up in Destroyer's death if the laser goes off, or his potential capture and removal from his power suit.)

IF the PCs survive, will they be stuck in the past, or will they be able to return to the present, or an alternate present?

Option 1: The PCs are following a criminal who is trying to steal a time machine prototype. He sets a trap that send them back.

Option 2: The mastermind has time powers himself and uses those to send the PCs back in time.

Option 3: This is the introductory scenario of a campaign.

Option 4: This is a Convention game.

Option 5: Foxbat was behind this "oops."

• 2 weeks later...

Godzilla vs Destroyer

Idea from the movie title Godzilla vs Destroyah

Japan is sick and tired of Dr. Destroyer trying to conquer the world or blow it up. The next time Destroyer rears his ugly helmet, Japan releases certain pheromones in the vicinity and at key points from where Godzilla is. Godzilla finds these and follows them, eventually coming to where Destroyer is. Mayhem ensues and Destroyer is squashed like a bug and then eaten.

Monster Island vs Destroyer

Just in case Godzilla doesn't win, or they aren't sure if he will, Japan has a one charge Megascale teleporter which transports all of the creatures on Monster Island to one location. When Dr. Destroyer's home base is discovered, Japan activates the machine and the creatures of Monster Island are rampaging across the billion dollar secret base of the bad doctor, or wherever Destroyer has made his latest appearance. The downside to this is that the island nation of Japan will be without electricity for 20-30 hours, but it's worth it.

For whom the road tolls:

The PCs get a call or hear over the radio/television that an unknown superbeing is destroying Highway ###. Traffic is backed up for miles and people need to get to work! When the PCs arrive, they discover the super isn't actually attacking the highway itself, but the toll booths.

With his normal route blocked due to road contstruction starting today, said person only has the option of using the toll road. He has no spare change ("Why be robbed while carrying cash? I use only debit cards!") and the toll attendandt -who wasn't really having a good day either- set him off. Now he's using his once-hidden powers to destroy the toll booths. ("I already paid my taxes for the road to be built! I shouldn't have to pay to ride on it also!")

Now, no one really likes to pay the toll, can the heroes calm the super down? Will they explain that it's a business running the toll booth and not the government, and will that just make the media dubbed "Toll Troll" even angrier?

The Foxbat of Winter :

On live TV on the early Morning of Groundhog's Day, Foxbat has

kidnapped Punxsutawney Phil. His soliloquy reveals that he plans

to control the seasons with the powers of the Groundhog. Does he

really just want it to be Christmas again so he can get more presents?

Or does he have darker goals in mind?

And even more importantly, does anyone care?

The Foxbat of Winter :

On live TV on the early Morning of Groundhog's Day, Foxbat has

kidnapped Punxsutawney Phil. His soliloquy reveals that he plans

to control the seasons with the powers of the Groundhog. Does he

really just want it to be Christmas again so he can get more presents?

Or does he have darker goals in mind?

And even more importantly, does anyone care?

And worse, what if he were succesful? What does that say of the power of the groundhog?

• 1 month later...

These were the plot hooks of my JLA campaign

(Justic League Alabama, set in Birmingham ! )

1. Stronghold was rebuilt in secret in the iron hills

around Birmingham. JLA was established as a 3rd string

superhero team. In the eyes of the government they

are little more than the super-guards for the super-jail

that is Stronghold .

2. Tyrannon tried to conquer the Champions universe, and

was repulsed. So he laid down a dimensional seal upon.

Nothing leaves the Champions universe. It was GM fiat,

but the mechanics would have been like a 300 point suppress

on a all powers with dimensional SFX.

So several entities (Lord of Change, Serra Angel ) were trapped

in the CU, and several supers (Clea, Zatanna, Modok) were trapped

there also. So if someone summoned something, it stayed.

3. I can't remember all the loose ends the former Gm Richard :joint: left, and he won't tell me. There was the Atlantean-Lemurian thing. There were the weapon smugglers. There was the aquatic armor problem. There was the HYDRA and gangs stuff going on. There was the kidnappings of young female paranormals. There was all kinds of crap happening when his campaign ended, and precious few clues to tie it all together. So I had the Miami Machine handle all that and had the heroes concentrate on the new Stronghold. Richard didn't leave the group, he reverted to the role of player and ran Magic Michael quite well, it was an amicable piracy, somehow. But that's how the JLA got established, kids.

JLoA-logo.gif

• 1 month later...

I used the following plots for CLOWN (prior to their 'mysterious disappearance' following the advent of 5th Ed. - who knows the diabolical pranks they've planned in that time!).

1. A massive quantity of the gold reserve from Fort Knox vanishes. Later in the day, the members of CLOWN are sighted moving along the Golden Gate Bridge with the ill-gotten gains, placing gold bricks along the walkways and nestling them among the cables and supports. As the heros approach/investigate, they sight major roadwork on the S.F. side of the bridge as Merry Andrew and his band patch into the city power grid with a large gadget (complete with many blinking lights... can't forget the many blinking lights) in an effort to 'electroplate' the Golden Gate and give it a more 'sophisticated and modern' look.

2. The poultry population of the Foster Farms chicken ranches in the southern Central Valley (something like a million chickens) is herded back and forth across Interstate-5 repeatedly until heros investigate by the members of CLOWN. (I repeated variations on this one, including a 'free range' version almost as many times as 'selling the Brooklyn Bridge').

3. Offended by the lack of 'truth in advertising', CLOWN heads to London and using banners, balloons, and pop-up circus tents retrofits the Picadilly Circus into an actual circus... releasing (non-lethal) animals from the London Zoo to make the transformation complete.

Cold Blooded

1. A few robberies have been committe at night at closed businesses with someone using ice powers for the past week. During the day, a PC in secret ID is in a store where Icicle steals some food & drink and uses her ice powers to try and get away. When caught, she claims to be innocent of the night robberies. Is this true?

2. While Icicle is in custody, another night robbery by someone with ice powers is committed. The police have figured out a pattern and ask the PCs to take a look. (Is it Freon, another cold-powered villain, or an team of agents [VIPER?] using ice weapons? And were they trying to frame Icicle, or was it just coincidence) The judge rules that Icicle may have probation if the team will watch her. Will they accept?

3. While under the PCs care, will Icicle be spiteful, or will a PC try to have her do good? What will happen if the teenager falls in love with an adult?

Doctor Foxbat, I presume?

1. Foxbat's newest appearance includes magnifying glasses, microscopes, and thermometers. He is now following supers around interviewing them. He first asks about characters with Invisibility, asking them to explain just how come their close disappear as well, if it's their bodies that are turning invisible?

Other powers asked about:

N-Ray vision - how can you see into the ground if light doesn't get there?

Growth/Shrinking - how come your clothes change also?

Fire characters & damage shields - how come your clothes aren't destroyed?

Multiform/Duplication - how did you get different costumes to fit in one?

Mentalists - how can you prove you're not mind controlling someone?

2. Foxbat then goes asking how supers can afford to fight crime when no one pays them? Are they rich? Are they famous in their secret ID? If they aren't rich and they aren't being paid, how did they afford that base? Who does their costumes?

3. Foxbat publishes a book with his findings, either giving special thanks to his "buddies" the PCs, or showing how "bad" they are by quotes they said when he was refused interviews.

Firewing:

Firewing appears over the city demanding a parley with its defenders at a specific well known local spot. If the PC's do not show up quickly enough (up to GM) He causes some property damage to get their attention and repeats his call.

When the PC's show up, he informs them that he has detected a ship of Malvan origin heading toward Earth. He is sure that it is a group of Gladiators sent to battle him, and the other rogue gladiators, and take them back to Malva. He informa the PCs that he knows these beings. They have no honor and would see no reason to spare anyone who would get in their way.

He wishes to strike a deal. Help him defeat the Gladitors and he will make sure they are returned to Malva.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Red Dragon or Once Upon a Time in Chinatown

T-1 week: A well-known and well-liked NPC hero is found dead atop a building in Chinatown. Authorities report the man was killed by large bladed objects with several slashes (sword, axe, machete?). The victim didn't die here, but elsewhere. The body was dropped here with a note "We're coming for you" left under the mask. The PCs are called in because they've been known to hang out with said hero.

T-3 days: Another well-known NPC hero is killed, this time by both bludgeoning as well as electrical burns. Another note is found with a 'hit list' of a few independent heroes and one hero team at the bottom - The PCs! The note states "We know where you live. We shall eliminate you one by one." Included in the hit list are the home addresses of the solo heroes and possibly the PCs as well.

T-0: After (hopefully) deciding the best course of action is to gather all heroes into the base for stronger protection, the base is attacked - by all members of VOICE!

• 1 month later...

Mysterious PC Backgrounds

Have you ever had a player want to bring in a PC with a mysterious background so that you, the GM, have to create it instead of the player? I know I have for EVERY game I've created with one exception (and then I still had one want me to create his Hunted). Well, here's three possibilities:

1.: The PC is a mentalist and doesn't know anything about his/her past. As the GM, you decide the PC is actually from the future, but is he/she the son/daughter of Menton or Mentalla?

2. Ice Powers: The PC is young and so is Icicle. Are they related? Is Freon the father of both? Is this just coincidence?

3. The unknown. You're just not sure what NPC to link him/her to and then it hits you: The PC is actually a 'rogue' form of an NPC with Duplication!