[Ninja Hero/Champions/Wuxia Question]: Ch'i

JmOz

This has been placed here as it seemed the thing to do, even though the character is a Champions character he borrows a lot from Wuxia style cinimatics

My question is on asian philosiphy and Ch'i, specificaly how does Ch'i interact with the inanimate world.

The character has two powers especificaly that I am trying to determine if he should take a "Only vs living" type limitation on

1) Find Weakness: Essentialy he is seeing how Ch'i flows through a target and finding weak points to strike via that

2) +2 DCV (in a MP) with him watching how Ch'I flows around him and reacting to it with superhuman nimbleness

Re: [Ninja Hero/Champions/Wuxia Question]: Ch'i

Personally, I don't think he should take the lim with either ... as Chi (Ki, Ch'i) flows around and through most everything ... that's why some people can shatter objects with their fists and, in fiction at least, avoid most attacks by dancing around them.

Personally' date=' I don't think he should take the lim with either ... as Chi (Ki, Ch'i) flows around and through most everything ... that's why some people can shatter objects with their fists and, in fiction at least, avoid most attacks by dancing around them.[/quote']

Thank you Visiting Surgeon Sketchpad.

Thank you Visiting Surgeon Sketchpad.

Not a problem Nurse Enforcer ... please treat with some latex and 300mg of Juju-Bees and then schedule them for a 12:00 in a few months ;)

Chi masters in films can smash iron bells and stone walls from a distance just by projecting their Chi. Real world believers in Chi think that it is key to object breaking. For the effects he wants to do, "only versus living" is not a valid limit.

However, if he wanted a Dim Mak Death Touch (HKA with trigger or gradual effect, only versus living, sometimes purchased as an NND Does Body), that would fit into the genre.

Depends on how realistic you want the Universe to be. In a classic Wuxia universe, there are no problems with using Inner Power to destroy objects. Or for a master to pull stunts such as lifting a huge metal urn filled to the brim with wine with one hand and then throwing it across a courtyard. Some of the more exotic Wuxia allow Inner Power to be treated almost like lasers/telekinesis.

Depends on how realistic you want the Universe to be. In a classic Wuxia universe' date=' there are no problems with using Inner Power to destroy objects. Or for a master to pull stunts such as lifting a huge metal urn filled to the brim with wine with one hand and then throwing it across a courtyard. Some of the more exotic Wuxia allow Inner Power to be treated almost like lasers/telekinesis.[/quote']

Zu: Warriors of the Magic Mountain, StormRiders, etc etc. Though I could see limiting the power if he wanted to say the effect only works on disrupting the chi of a living being, then buying off the limitation as the character learns more.

Based on some things I've read here and there, utilizing chi on an inanimate object should be easier in some regards. Granted, you can't strike a delicate balance point and knock down the house of cards that is a living being, but there isn't living chi getting in the way of finding a weak point.

Then again, I like the idea of wuxia martial artists doing lots of property damage. :eg:

Another fictional example if Ch'i is when the warriors of legend confront Jack in "Big Trouble in Little China", they throw lightning bolts deflect bullets attack with supernatural speed, and fly...