Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I may have mentioned Dr. Anomaly and the rest of his team are vacationing on Sanctuary. I may have also mentioned that, despite being on vacation, three different potentially world-busting crisis fell in their laps during the first four days of their visit. Now, with that context, here's a bit from last night's game:

(Dr. Anomaly puts in a call to the Sanctuary head office to report something interesting discovered during a scuba diving jaunt he and Kathleen (Scarab) had taken earlier in the day.)

Metalla: "Front desk, Metalla. How may I help you?"

Dr. Anomay: "Metalla, this is Dr. Anomaly..."

Metalla: "Yes, Doctor?"

Kathleen: "I think they're coming to fear calls from you, Doctor."

Dr. Anomaly: "Relax, Metalla; this isn't another crisis."

Kathleen: "...yet, anyway..."

you live in Spokane? My parents moved to Elk last year (20 minutes north of you, population 42)

I'll have to let you know when I'm going up there next. Then I'll add you to my collection of HERO Boarder's I have eaten..er, met!

DUUUDE!!!

I actually moved to Elk 54 weeks ago!!!!!

Spokalou is just the closest real city!

:D

In Yesterday's D&D game, Aaron the GM is describing this scene out of the module where a female Barbarian is fending off a group of Orcs, she sees us and then yells for us to come down and help her. After her speech, she swings her axe and cuts down one Orc and hits another with the same swing.

I say, "She must have the Cleave feat. Maybe even Great Cleave."

Don says, "Yeah, she's got some Great Cleavage."

JG

Quotes from tonight's 7th Sea campaign:

*the Ussuran shapeshifter, while wandering lost in Freiburg, decides to ask a passing lovely for directions... and ends up seducing her*

Stefano the Vodacce: "Wear a sock."

*the Avalon archer botches an archery roll*

Cael: "I shot an arrow into the air... it fell to earth way over there."

*Stefano later goes charging after several other party members to warn them about a 8-foot-long wolf that is in the woods they are riding toward... Cael the Avalon archer tells him that the wolf is most likely dead and there is no cause for concern*

Stefano: "If I didn't show up to tell you about the wolf, he [referring to the Ussuran] would be having the time of his life, I'd be trying to have the time of my life, and she-"

*points to the Vesten Rune Mage, who is the group innocent*

"-would be eating soup."

*Manfred the Eisen swordsman sees the other party members getting mauled by the wolf and heroically charges in*

Manfred: "I'm Eisen, and there's one thing we Eisen excel at!"

GM *with a perfectly straight face*: "Dying."

*Stefano and Thora the Rune Mage are at the Explorers' Society with Aleksi the Ussuran, who being profoundly bored as there are no hot women there, picks up three items at random and starts juggling*

Stefano: "Put... those... down... I don't HAVE that much money."

Thora (to the aghast looking Explorers): "I don't really know him."

*the Eisen swordsman/scholar watches Aleksi the gypsy juggling in the streets for money*

Manfred: "How do you learn to juggle out in the middle of nowhere? Do you practice on squirrels or something?"

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

"Note to self: work on team costumes...for the sake of humanity itself..."

-----

"You know, out of all the strange, wierd, and downright spooky things I've seen or experienced as a super-hero, having to time-share your body with seven other entities has to top the list."

-----

"No matter how invulnerable you are, you still need to wear a cup..."

-----

"My policy is 'Anything with more teeth than the entire team, I don't hunt'...and when you consider that one member of our team is like 15 people all by herself..."

-----

"Our paintball armor incorporates Kevlar?!?"

-----

"Dr. Anomaly's version of a search engine is 'Balrog! Fetch!' "

-----

"Siege engine, search engine, engine of destruction...Balrog's all of that and more. God, I love giant demonic beings made out of stone...they're so versatile!"

All from last night's Fantasy Hero game:

To understand the two PCs, mine is a male mountain dwarf who left on less-than-friendly terms (think Korgan Bloodaxe from BG II), the other is a human female rogue, a former pirate whose ship was attacked and destroyed (she's probably the only survivor of her crew). Our adventure has been very much inland and near mountains in fact. We were hired by a well-known man to rescue his son (Alex) who had been kidnapped. As an aside, between the three of us, we had two dice, which I had brought. I couldn't find my dice bag, the GM's son had "misplaced" his, the other player couldn't find hers, and I only managed to find what my cat had played with and "lost" around couches.

After rescuing the kid, we're heading back to town, which will take several days. Two men come up the trail, walking horses.

Dwarf: Fires crossbow, hits one in the foot. "Stay there!"

Rogue: Fires arrow misses.

Dwarf: "Hey, Alex, do you recognize them?"

The next day, the dwarf hears canine baying sounds off in the distance, back the way we had come. The Mountain Dwarf informs the rogue about this.

Rogue: "Do they scent blood like sharks do?"

Later

Rogue: "It was logical until you corrected me."

Later

Me: "This is gonna sound strange, but I brought an extra pair of shoestrings."

There are people in spokane that play HERO? I didn't think such a thing was possible! :D

This was from a while ago. A RPGA Living Ebberon game.

Warforged Rogue: "They're undead. They can't out-think me."

Elven Bard: "You're right." Points to own head, "Empty. Ain't got nuthin' on me!"

Group: "???"

Elven Bard: "Oh wait...I'm not warforged..."

----------------------

We were trying out CPv3 tonight and this line cropped up...

Characters:

Rolling State Panzerboy: Boom Boom McGee -- Picture the taxi driver from Scrooged only more para-military...and he drives a hovertank.

CeeMetal Dragoon: Meatbag -- big, bad, and heavy...

They want to be Bounty Hunters...of all things :)

Anyway...

Boom: "We're going in!". Points to Meat, "You take point!"

Meat: "Why do I always have to take point?"

Boom: BANG! Ping! "...That's why."

Meat: "You shot me point blank to make a point?"

Boom: nods...

Meat: "F*** you! F*** you! If it ricocheted you could lose an eye!"

Boom: "So?"

Meat: "You're driving. If you went blind, then where would we be?"

I love this group :)

From some very old games:

Illusionist has a very powerful magic item, which we don't know the abilities of, nor how to activate it. He's wearing a ring of one wish. In combat with a powerful opponent, a player asks "Why don't you use that Staff to beat him?" Reply:

"I wish I could" [followed immediately by a horrified look and slamming his hands over his mouth]

The characters have been awarded a Wish each. The catch? It must be taken more or less immediately. It is granted by a benevolent entity. One player reviews character background and personality to try to come up with a wish. "Come back to me."

As the others Wish, the light comes on and the player's eyes light up. As we come back to him, smiling, he says "I wish for a long life filled with adventure."

There are people in spokane that play HERO? I didn't think such a thing was possible! :D

----- I acn't remember when I last actually PLAYED Hero... :(

snip!

I love this group :)

Lucky bastiche! sounds like an odd crew with a good sense of humor!:D

Top six moments from last night's Champions game:

GM: "Do you have Demolitions skill?"

Kali: "I blew up a science lab once."

GM: "He's walking back inside." (pause) "Going once." (long pause) "Going twice..." (really long pause)

Ryucin: "Okay, I'll blast him."

Solar: "We like the bad guys. They give us something to fight."

GM: "First damage roll... darn, that was crappy."

Kendrick: (the target) "Good."

Kendrick: (after about four real-time hours in battle at 1:30 am, soliloquolizing for all he's worth twice and then failing the ECV roll to hit with his Mind Control, and trying for the third time on the opponent, Hex) "Hex... I need to make this f*cking roll!"

(The GM allowed it. Kendrick failed that roll, as well.)

GM: (After the battle, describing the after-effects on Iron Maiden) "You hurt in places that should never receive damage."

Kendrick: (after about four real-time hours in battle at 1:30 am, soliloquolizing for all he's worth twice and then failing the ECV roll to hit with his Mind Control, and trying for the third time on the opponent, Hex) "Hex... I need to make this f*cking roll!"

(The GM allowed it. Kendrick failed that roll, as well.)

Yeah, sounds like me (and yes, my last namei s Kendrick)

Yeah' date=' sounds like me (and yes, my last namei s Kendrick)[/quote']Heh. As far as I knew when coming up with the name, it was original. If I owe you five cents for every time his name's used... dude... :D

I had been really racking my brains and trying to correctly phrase the appeal to Hex, given what we knew about her and the situation. I *needed* the right words to get the request down to the correct EGO+X level *and* the +5 points for a well-presented request. I did that *twice* and couldn't make the ECV roll. As the other characters took their turns, I realized that I just couldn't do that again at 1:30 in the morning, so I deliberately delivered the line above, hoping the GM would take it in the spirit intended... he did. :king:

Oh, you reminded me of another line from the game:

Kendrick: (after failing his 8- Stealth roll) "The Keeper of the Life Web does not sneak!"

"She did what last night?!? Does she have the Contortionist skill or something?"

"No, she's an...inspired amatuer."

-----

"I hate the entire concept of allergies...they're like a biological Patriot Act."

-----

"Given the way Dr. Anomaly and Kathleen are heading...what do you suppose their children would be like?"

"I think we already know. Ever watch 'Kim Possible'? What are her parents?"

"They're a rocket scientist and a neurosurgeo...oh, god!"

-----

"No, you're not going insane...you have to be sane before you can go insane!"