Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

As long as he wasn't intimidated... :sneaky:

He wasn't, but I think several other players were. Especially after I mentioned the movie The Stormriders. Only the GM, his assistant, and I knew the film... I think some of the other players were getting this "Are we in trouble?" look.

*twitch* Susano. Please try to include context where you can. I just went cross-eyed :doi::P

The Michael Surbrook quote was nice though... repped.

Context for what? That huge list of quotes? I could... but this is funnier!

Oh boy... look at Susano, name-dropping and big-stuffing it at GenCon... hehe.

I never do understand why gamers get intimidated by other gamers who can actually put words on a page. I mean, heck, on the social scale at large that puts you what... below those that JUST play? =) "Now that guy.. he's REALLY into it..." hehehe.

Honestly, though, if I were at that table, I'd just bug ya to sign my Ninja Hero book maybe. Then PK you... on accident... with a blueberry muffin.

BTW, thanks, I enjoyed the book.

:rofl:

[breathe]

Repped! :)

How's that look on a resume? :P

BTW, what'd you think of WotG? Bought it some time ago. Beautiful book, system and setting seem very cool, but haven't had the chance to actually put a hand to running it yet.

(And, ironically enough, I'd like to get Ninja Hero beforehand as additional genre input :))

I'd also suggest Asian Bestiary 1&2. They'll be very useful for those times you feel like a ghost story or monster hunt.

I've liked as much of the book as I've gotten through. Lots of authentic feeling fiction to illustrate the setting and rules points, great art, and the rules set looks straightforward. If I can talk my group into it, we may use this plus the Asian Bestiaries to run a mini-campaign in the ancient China of my Wold Newtonverse.

I'll probably run it using HERO.

ADDITIONAL: I stopped by the WotG booth later and talked with the co-GM of the game Susano played in, as well as the creator of the game. Both were still psyched that they'd met him. Go Team Surbrook! :)

ADDITIONAL: I stopped by the WotG booth later and talked with the co-GM of the game Susano played in' date=' as well as the creator of the game. Both were still psyched that they'd met him. Go Team Surbrook! :)[/quote']

I will admit, for me, that was the funniest moment at GenCon. And when I dropped by later, I was greeted with a big thank you, for talking the book up and helping sell a few copies.

It also turns out that my friend Nestor knows the guys, as they did some work with/on the GODLIKE RPG as well.

Sounds like GenCon is fun. Maybe I'll go one of these days... as soon as the kids are old enough to battle their way through that many gamers in one place. =) Then again, maybe I'll not make my wife suffer quite that much and just go with some friends... hehe.

But we digress. My fault. Sorry 'bout that. :P

From a character building session for a Champions game waaaaaay back in '87, in which a player is attempting to come up with the SFX for his character's Density Increase.

Player: "Through the power of my mind, I can make myself incredibly dense."

[short pause]

Me: "Tru da power of my mind, ah ken make myself i'crediblee dense... D'uh!"

"Special" Effects, indeed...

I will admit, for me, that was the funniest moment at GenCon. And when I dropped by later, I was greeted with a big thank you, for talking the book up and helping sell a few copies.

It also turns out that my friend Nestor knows the guys, as they did some work with/on the GODLIKE RPG as well.

Did Nestor work on Godlike? (Just looking for clarification; great setting).

Did Nestor work on Godlike? (Just looking for clarification; great setting).

No. While attending a demo session, ... Brad I think (co-writer of WotG) turned to Nestor and said "I gotta go, you know this scenario, can you take over?"

Thread Topic? What Thread Topic?:rolleyes:

Oh fine. ;)

GenCon Quotes:

"I deflect the electro blast with my bright shiny crotch."

"I say we break into the vault, steal the loot, escape by the skin of our teeth, and then, hopefully, some sex."

"He's the best pirate ever!"

UNITY's plan to get into the Eurostar base (they knew where the entrance was) was to crash their plane into the entrance, have El Picaro teleport everyone out at the last moment, then have the three flyers on the team carry the rest through the hole as the backup plane full of UNTIL agents followed them in. As it worked out, mainly 'cause El Picaro's player suggested it, El Picaro got a ride from Dr White, the only female on the team. I don't recall the exact lead-in to this, it was El Picaro's player saying something on the line of "once again, El Picaro gets the woman".

Me: (holding up left hand, tapping ring finger) Just remember ....

(For those without the UNTIL book, Dr White is married to one of the other team members.)

El Picaro: Just because she has ordered, does not mean she cannot look at the menu!

UNITY's plan to get into the Eurostar base (they knew where the entrance was) was to crash their plane into the entrance, have El Picaro teleport everyone out at the last moment, then have the three flyers on the team carry the rest through the hole as the backup plane full of UNTIL agents followed them in. As it worked out, mainly 'cause El Picaro's player suggested it, El Picaro got a ride from Dr White, the only female on the team. I don't recall the exact lead-in to this, it was El Picaro's player saying something on the line of "once again, El Picaro gets the woman".

Me: (holding up left hand, tapping ring finger) Just remember ....

(For those without the UNTIL book, Dr White is married to one of the other team members.)

El Picaro: Just because she has ordered, does not mean she cannot look at the menu!

Sounds like my friend Nestor... who said he channeled BatManuel from The Tick.