Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Last night's game was a hoot!

Set-up: The heroes, the Guardians, are located in Miami where an extradimensional invasion has just begun. One of the characters, played by our very own Agent X, is named Argus. He's a brick with a questonite chain. He looks very menacing (and he is very menacing). He drops down and slams the ground, creating mayhem for some XD troops. All but one outside the municipal building are whacked. The last XD soldier is looking right at Argus who says, "Look, you've got two choices. Get out of my way or get the beating of your life. You decide." The XD hesitates long enough for Argus' team-mate Blue Tiger to put him down.

Same battle, Argus and Blue Tiger are fighting the remaining XDs inside the municipal building. Argus swings his chain at an XD who is reaching for his belt and yanks the belt off him. He asks, "What were you going to do with this?" And Argus presses the button on the belt. He is instantly teleported to the staging point the the rest of the XD army. Hundreds of XD soldiers, along with their beast/vehicles are surrounding him, pointing guns at him, and speaking in some alien language.

Deadpan, Argus says, "Look, you've got two choices..."

Cat

This is an old one, rather than a current one, but still one of my favorites.

I'm playing in a friend's superheroic game, but my character has two decidedly unsuperheroic powers. He can "duplicate" himself, projecting the duplicate somewhere else, and then recombine. He can also store objects behind his back (in a timeless zone), so he can project himself home, pick up a tire iron, store it behind his back, and then recombine, and pull the tire iron out. So far, he has used his powers to be on vacation while being at work, and clean up his apartment.

We are fighting an tremendously powerful superhuman, apparently from the future, who is trying to travel backwards into time to prevent humans from ever evolving, and thus preventing us from ruining the ecosphere. The other PCs, who are much more combat oriented than I, down the guy. I insist on binding his wounds and transporting him to the mainland to receive care at a hospital. He returns days later to thank me for saving his life, and then reveals that he still intends to travel into the past to prevent humanity's existence.

My character loses it. I yell at him, "So I saved your life just for you to wipe humanity off the face of the earth. You are such a jerk!" I proceed to completely lose it at him for being such a selfish, arrogant bastard.

The entire party nervously cracks up, as this guy nearly wiped the floor with us before, and now the non-combatant geek is mouthing off to him.

The greatest thing was that the GM actually took it in stride, and the villian actually broke down and got all emotional. My little tirade punctured his egotism and made him realize how selfish his goals were.

Preston, one of the other players, ends this with something like:

"Wait a minute. I can't believe you just defeated him with a lecture!"

We had captured a person we were supposed to assasinate. None of the characters use sharp weapons (all empty hand or blunt weapons), but the person we were supposed to assasinate did have a sword. The doctor of the group was a bit sickened by the act of violence so he wanted to do the dee quickly and painlessly, he volunteered with, "I will kill him as quickly as I can with my staff." The GM just looked at him and said, "You're a doctor, why don't you just nick an artery instead of using blunt trauma to painlessly kill him?"

The Regulators are fighting Mechanon(s). Electro, the team leader is the first on the scene of an orphanage where strange radio signals that have been controlling crack-dealing robotic snipers (long story) have originated. The rest of the team arrives and begins evacuating orphans from the the top floor while Electro is in the basement battling an unknown foe. He calls on the radio something to the effect that he's alone in the basement with Mechanon. My character, Colossus, radios back, "Stall!"

Later that fight...

After the kids have all been safely removed, the team has split up. One group heads downstairs to back up Electro against Mechanon. The others are dealing with another (?!?) Mechanon on the front lawn. Colossus is a larger-than-life-size bronze-skinned brick. Mechanon blasts at him, but only minimal damage is dealt. Colossus says, "Way wrong move, buddy." Mechanon is much faster than Colossus, and he gets another shot. Again, some damage, but nothing Colossus can't deal with. "That was your second mistake," says the bronze giant. "Really?" replies Mechanon, "What will be my next?" "STANDING STILL!" Colossus begins his haymaker attack. It's phase 6 after all. And Colossus' haymaker will land at the end of 7. Surely Mechanon will be squished before he can act on 8.. right? Right? ... Oops... Ummm, Mechanon is speed 7. :eek: He flies into the air on 7 and blasts Colossus with much RKAness. The Brass Bastion is out for the night!

Last night's rumble was awesome! I bow before Superskrull for making a butt-kicking not only tolerable, but freakin awesome!

Cat

PS Champsguy, we saved a Mechanon for you! :P

Originally posted by Stray Cat

The Regulators are fighting Mechanon(s). Electro, the team leader is the first on the scene of an orphanage where strange radio signals that have been controlling crack-dealing robotic snipers (long story) have originated. The rest of the team arrives and begins evacuating orphans from the the top floor while Electro is in the basement battling an unknown foe. He calls on the radio something to the effect that he's alone in the basement with Mechanon. My character, Colossus, radios back, "Stall!"

Later that fight...

After the kids have all been safely removed, the team has split up. One group heads downstairs to back up Electro against Mechanon. The others are dealing with another (?!?) Mechanon on the front lawn. Colossus is a larger-than-life-size bronze-skinned brick. Mechanon blasts at him, but only minimal damage is dealt. Colossus says, "Way wrong move, buddy." Mechanon is much faster than Colossus, and he gets another shot. Again, some damage, but nothing Colossus can't deal with. "That was your second mistake," says the bronze giant. "Really?" replies Mechanon, "What will be my next?" "STANDING STILL!" Colossus begins his haymaker attack. It's phase 6 after all. And Colossus' haymaker will land at the end of 7. Surely Mechanon will be squished before he can act on 8.. right? Right? ... Oops... Ummm, Mechanon is speed 7. :eek: He flies into the air on 7 and blasts Colossus with much RKAness. The Brass Bastion is out for the night!

Last night's rumble was awesome! I bow before Superskrull for making a butt-kicking not only tolerable, but freakin awesome!

Cat

PS Champsguy, we saved a Mechanon for you! :P

That's funny, Cat. Jack didn't take any stun.;)

Did the half elf get him, or was it the outraged fates? :)

Originally posted by GestaltBennie

From a recent D&D game.

We saw a very short half-elf while in a town. We learned that it was an elf cross-bred with a dwarf.

Bard: "And they call him... Mini-Sidhe!"

The bard died later.

Scott Bennie

Originally posted by Stray Cat

I know! And the irony is that Jack is the one with all the regen! Colossus took BODY!

Cat

The greater irony is that one mechanon did that to you while I was stuck underground running from four, count them four, Mechanons. It it wasn't for all those high grade explosives I found down there... :P

This happened in last night's D&D game.

It was the aftermath of a grusome battle in a tiny town called Twin Bridges, in which the entire town's militia were slain by orc and hobgoblin band. Our group had one prisoner to interogate. A hobgoblin that our PC half-orc mage could speak with, but there was no guarantee he'd cooperate... the DM had me make a spot check and notice that the town innkeeper had a scroll sticking out of his apron pocket. My PC, being the thief, went immediately to investigate.

Everyone thought I was going to steal this scroll from the innkeeper. Instead I struck up a conversation and asked the innkeeper point blank what that scroll was. He said it was a spell he could use to defend himself in the battle and luckily he didn't need it. After I pressed him further, he admitted it was a Charm Person spell. I said something along the lines of "after all the trouble we went through in saving your town, you'd think you would volunteer every available aid to assisting us in interogating that prisoner. Our mage could sure use that scroll to get information form the hobgoblin.

The DM, played the innkeeper NPC perfectly, rolled his eyes and said, "Damn, I forgot to pack my bag! I didn't know I was going on a guilt trip!"

We all busted up over that. I told the DM, my PC is not a pick pocket... but she IS nosey!

(Personally, I think I should get a few extra XP for guilting the innkeeper, what do you guys think?)

My character, the wiz inventor, places the call to let Ares of Factor 7 know Psyipher gone off the reservation, in hopes of confirming whether or she took a few nukes with her on the way. Ares pooh-poohs the idea and I comment how maybe Ares is behind it, which sort of chills the rest of the conversation. I'm left thinking we may have just warned Psypher we're coming after her. After we hang up one of my team-mates (Charm) comments that she had thought he might be behind it all. I naturally asked why she hadn't said something before I made the call.

"Well, you're the super genius...."

"Yes, but that's just for Star Trek trivia!"

The Archer's a bit of a geek.

Later on that night we're breaking into an old Mechanon base Psypher has taken over and Charm decides to ride her motorcycle, with the team mage frantically clutching her, along the sides of a cylindrical elevator shaft down to the next floor.

The Archer (astride his Hawkeye-like skycycle): "And I spent hundreds of thousands taking the wheels off this thing?!"

Two worthy quotes

This wasn't actually during the game, but worth mentioning anyway. Four of our gaming group live an hour from Columbus, where the rest of the players live. Most of us are experienced gamers with many years under our belt, and we've all run at least a few games in our time. The exception is Dee, who has played less than 2 years. We were giving him some tongue-in-cheek grief over the fact that he was the only person in the car who isn't currently running a game for the group.

His reply: "Hey man... don't be a player hater."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is from our World of Darkness to Hero conversion, run by my lovely fiance, Sudi. It stands well on its own:

"Jesus goes on 3."

Humorously,

Steve

Quoted:

This one is from our World of Darkness to Hero conversion, run by my lovely fiance, Sudi. It stands well on its own:

"Jesus goes on 3."

Reminds me of a slightly forgettable game we were in. Sent back in time to "rescue" a few funamentalists who wanted to witness the birth of Christ.

"Phase 12, Jesus is born. Mary takes a Post-12 Recovery."

Originally posted by Christougher

Quoted:

Reminds me of a slightly forgettable game we were in. Sent back in time to "rescue" a few funamentalists who wanted to witness the birth of Christ.

"Phase 12, Jesus is born. Mary takes a Post-12 Recovery." {/QUOTE]

Anyone remember the fuss from Wings of the Valkyrie? Imagine what THIS scenario would cause! ;)

Well, we didn't roleplay this week, as the DM whose turn it was was feeling quite under the weather, so we broke out our host's Munchkin cards. The second game we played was a gigantic conglomeration of Munchkin (with Unnatural Axe and Clerical Errors), Star Munchkin, and Munchkin Fu.

The player on my left pulls the Loud Hairy Alien sidekick, and proceeds to try to make a Chewbacca roar, though it just really ... didn't ... come out right. A little too much 'grunt' ... which prompted me to say ...

"Just a guy out on the prowl, tryin' to get a little Wookiee."

I ran a game using the Chala-lion from CKC this week. The opponent in question has a HKA damage shield.

The protagonist of the story were rushing to the scene. When they were still to far away to see the fine details of the lion-like creature, the brick threw the Martial artist (with low resistant defenses) in a "Fastball special". Said by Martial artist the instant she was close enough to see those aformentionned details (the range brought the range penalty below the theshold of her previous roll):

Minx: "That's no lion! That a PORCUPINE!!!"

Much hilarity was had by all... :D

In our Friday Night Vampire Game, all the PCs were in a mind-bending dream sequence where we were all Native American Indians in a tribal camp. The dream was a metaphor for the adventure we've bene having. Anyway, at one point, a weasel ran away with an item in its mouth, and there were numerous attempts to grab the weasel. After failing to grab or shot it with an arrow, one of the other characters simply said "I call to the weasel!" That didn't work, so my character tried to produce a weasel-whistle (hey, its a dream, right?) to get its attention. We had - at this point - already made innumerable comments about ferrets, fondling them, and whether they prefer a friendly or fierce fondling.

"I pull out my weasel whistle, because when you blow on the weasel whistle, the weasel will come."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...