Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

But at the end of it, that character (who'd built into her character that she'd remain a virgin at LEAST until she was married) wedded the Crown Prince, and decided it was time to find out what she was missing.

Lina (to the rest of the party, who has NOT had any similar vows): "I don't get what you guys are always making such a big deal about."

The Prince (muttering): "I thought it was pretty good . . ."

Oh, poor guy...

"Jorkash' date=' my brothers will have a moment of your time. [/b']"

That is so repped.

from an o game of Iron Kingdoms, a friend and I are playing a troll-kin and an ogryn, respectively, a pair of fighters who become known as the "bash brothers." Pretty straight-forward stuff including the large weapons and general attitudes.

We're playing the first witchfire module, and we are in a cave with a small body of water and a boat in it. We search the boat, find some stuff, of which the point of interest for the bash brothers is the rat jerky. Having trounced around without food for at least a couple hours,

me: *shrug* "I start eatin' some jerky, I'm hungry."

trollkin: " yeah, me too. sounds good."

GM: "WHAT?! THAT'S DISGUSTING!"

me: "What's disgusting? Meat is meat."

trollkin: "I have poison resistance if that makes you feel better."

me: "...and I could just care less."

trollkin: "Hey, if we knew you were gonna be such a wuss about it, we would have washed the crap off it first."

GM: *gag*

the gm wasn't very good, and weird to boot. He soon booted us from his game, and we being popular with this group, the game was ended right there.

Oh' date=' poor guy...[/quote']

Heh. Yeah. The guys in the party all winced sympathetically, while the female in question blithely went on, with, "Oh, THAT's not what I meant. It's just, with the way you guys always go on and on and on about it, I'd thought it would be, y'know, life-changing, or something . . ."

Thereby shrinking the poor guy's ego worse and worse.

Not that this is the sort of character who'd take that sort of abuse lying down. Should make for some creative roleplay in upcoming games . . . :snicker:

Here's a few from The Defenders Congreate! season finale:

"Its no fun unless you jump into the Celestial Pit."

"You call this a mace?"

"I'm willing to take one for the team."

"Your willing to take one from anybody"

"Dude, You got sorcerer on me."

"He's going to kill everyone before I get a chance to land!"

"You blew up the talking head.....he can't answer you."

Tornado! has been possessed and is floating above the team, while a cloud of darkness engulfs everyone.

Tornado's girlfriend(I forget her name): "Fantastic-man! were are you?"

Fantastic-Man:"Right over here, under your boyfriend!"

Tornado's girlfriend (long pause)"....what's it like?"

This thursday, The San Diego Knights had a phone conversation with one of the members of Freedom Strike, who they needed to get information from.

Gauntlet (Team Leader): This is Gauntlet, may I speak to Gideon please, we need some information from him.

Ultra Gadget Queen G (Answering Phone): Are you emailing him the text? He moves his lips when he reads.

Gauntlet: What does that have to do with anything?

Ultra Gadget Queen G: The last time he read a mythic text over the internet he got my donuts possessed by an elder horror.

Gauntlet: We're pretty sure there's no magic involved here. Can we please just speak to Gideon?

Ultra Gadget Queen G: Sure, I'll transfer you.

Psiclotron's Player: Mike, I cyberkinetically touch the phone line and use my cyberpathic abilities to make the phone transmit the subliminal message "You Want Brownies."

Me: Okay.

Gideon's Player: Damn you, he has retrocognition and eidetic memory. He will NEVER get over this....

Gideon: This is Gideon. What can I help you with?

Gauntlet: We're looking for some information. We think that Stonefire is going after the city of gold. What can you tell us about the Lleras family of Spain and their relationship to it?

Gideon: Give me a few minutes. (Goes out to get a brownie sundae)

Gauntlet: Sure (Munch, munch, munch...eating brownies on the table)

Gideon: (Gives Information, makes munching noises)

Gauntlet: Thanks Gideon, we'll get back to you when you know more. These are really pretty good brownies, guys.

Psiclotron...secretly smirking in the background....

From our Shadowrun Hero game:

The group is trying to figure out how to check out a building w/out having their pictures taken by the cameras.

Street samurai to the mage - "I need you make my face look different."

Mage - "Ok"...then he punched the samurai in the face.

Same game

Mage had used a group extra-dim tp (roadway to the land of the dead) to help the group escape and get to a contact (gnome decker).

Decker to the mage - "You can actually take someone to the roadway to the land of the dead?"

Mage - "Yes, I'll take you there for $3,000"

Street Samurai - "For $10,000, he'll bring you back."

From our Shadowrun Hero game:

The group is trying to figure out how to check out a building w/out having their pictures taken by the cameras.

Street samurai to the mage - "I need you make my face look different."

Mage - "Ok"...then he punched the samurai in the face.

:lol:

Repped! :thumbup:

In tonight's online Changeling game, Roger had to stop an assassin from killing the Duke, after which he said, "With all your tools and talent, I stopped you, and I must confess, I don't have any particular skills at stopping invisible assassins.

Hopefully you've got another line of work. If you were my assassin, I'd have you flogged."

JG

Tonight's Shadowrun Hero game:

Dwarf street samurai and mage sneak into a hospital to talk a seriusily injured person, who they believe to have some important information. They enter the room and the dwarf approaches the bed:

Dwarf to injured person - "I need for you to ask me some questions"

Injured person - "Why?"

Confused dwarf blinks for a moment looks at mage "Why are we here?"

Mage - "Go wait in the hall."

Same Game

The team has tracked a missing person into the swap. As they approach a tree, the missing person shoots at the them hitting one of the samurai, but does very little damage (rolled a 1, then another 1). The mage turns to the dwarf:

Mage - "Go get him out of the tree" then cast enlarge (5 lvls of growth) on the dwarf.

Elf rigger - "Dwarfzilla!"

Millennium Guard Decides to Protect a Lawrence Industries Facility from Protestors.

After Gibraltar, the 20,000 Year Old Elemental has spent a few hours tormenting the Reverend Steven Power and his associates with statues of Non-Yahwihst deities, the angry religious protestors and Advanced Science League protestors are still peaceful, if agitated.

Onto the scene comes CASH, a third protest group. (Citizens Against Super Heroes) Hyperdrive, the newest member of Millennium Guard, approaches their leader, who unbeknownst to him, is someone else's DNPC.

Hyperdrive: Sir, is there anything I can do for you after you move your protestors over there?

CASH Protest Leader: Retire!

And Repped again.:)

Repped :thumbup: for repping who I repped, because I like being supported by the masses on my drive to dominate....

Er, because I like people who agree with me as I seek to conquer....

Errrr, because I like all those who help me destroy my foes as I....

Blast, I've got to stop monologing about how I will take over....

:hush: :hush: :hush: :hush: :hush:

PC (I forget which): "We'll find you another pretty, frustrated boy to play with."

Dragon: "In Via? No such thing."

NPC, upon being rescued and learning what his ransom was going to be: "I'm worth a million silver to a dragon? Really? I mean, um . . . yeah, good thing you found me."

Father Danaecus: "It makes me want to track this guy down and beat him senseless, except . . . he's me."

And I probably shouldn't have been surprised, based on the sexual overtones of half of the game, to find the players snickering when, upon describing a dead NPC, I said, "He took it in the throat."

From a Buffy campaign. On the night before Easter, the team finds the car's wiring has been chewed to bits, and opening the garage door, finds a number of vampiric bunnies -- yes, our GM's campaign theme is twisted holidays -- outside, obviously responsible for the damage.

Marshall, the werewolf (and in full control of himself in wolf form and can change in/out of wolf at will), laughs out loud, bellows out, "You have chosen ... poorly," and goes from human to wolf form.

From a Buffy campaign. On the night before Easter' date=' the team finds the car's wiring has been chewed to bits, and opening the garage door, finds a number of vampiric bunnies -- yes, our GM's campaign theme is twisted holidays -- outside, obviously responsible for the damage.[/quote']

Even normal, non-vampiric bunnies will eat wires if you let 'em. I dunno why. It's an obsession.

Bill.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm suddenly hungry... :ugly: