Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

A quick one... we have a rather impatient Martial Artist in our crew named Sauterelle (french for Grasshopper?) who likes to drive... a lot... but she's reckless as all get out. She is also color-blind (traffic lights???) and has a broken compass ("LEFT! LEFT! YOUR OTHER LEFT! NO, I MEANT EAST! CRIPES, where are we?! It was all a blur...")

We wrap up some portion of our investigation, are trying to sum up, and decide on our next stop... to hear the jingle of keys.

Sauturelle: "I'll drive!"

Entire Group: "NO!"

Two members of the team had combat driving -- primarily so they could speed around town without crashing. The most cautious member of the team was riding with the more reckless of the two....

Martin Knight (mentalist): "You feel a sudden urge to drive prudently."

I considered looking up aardvark to double check my spelling. And I said to myself: "Surely, since this is the only time in my life I will use this word, I can just be... daring. Besides, it's not like someone is going try and be an English Troll on me. Surely..."

I should have known Shirley would have shown up. ;)

The problem with attacking how someone says something is that you miss what they are saying. Fortunately, this is far from a serious topic where that would actually matter.

Meh.

"Attacking" is a pretty strong stance here, but I guess since I'm an English Troll named Shirley, I could say I would have responded to your statement if it had merit.

Bigdamnhero's point was valid and your attempt at putting a qualifier on it was:

a) petty

B) pathetic

c) unnecessary

d) :dh:

e) both c & d

f) all of the above

g) none of the above

YMMV

Meh.

"Attacking" is a pretty strong stance here, but I guess since I'm an English Troll named Shirley, I could say I would have responded to your statement if it had merit.

Bigdamnhero's point was valid and your attempt at putting a qualifier on it was:

a) petty

B) pathetic

c) unnecessary

d) :dh:

e) both c & d

f) all of the above

g) none of the above

YMMV

I seem to have offended you. For that, I apologize. I'm not sure how. The Shirley reference was Airplane, and pretty tongue in cheek. I guess it was the English Troll bit. Sorry, I didn't mean it as a personal attack. Most days, I would consider myself a bit of an English Troll.

I was merely making a point (not a qualifier) that what is true in one case, is not true in all cases. That has lots of merit.

While I might have more to say on this specific topic in general (short vs. backstory), I won't. I'm afraid that it might lead to thread drift, and I love this thread simply too much to endanger it so. Besides, I seem to have created a snarky element, and nothing good can come of that.

Susano- love the bunny bit. I know someone that it will bring a great deal of joy to.

Various quotes from Hermit's "Of Masks and Meta-Humans" game:

"Well, #$#$$!"

-GM, when he found out everyone wanted to try a new character :)

"No, no, no. We're not negotiating with the guy. We're not gonna give him what he wants, whether it's 1000 deer or the Santa costume from the Nar-Cola commercials. We're gonna do what heroes always do--we're gonna find the bad guy, beat th'bejesus outta him, and hand 'im over to the folks at Stronghold so they can let him escape in 6 months to do it again."

-Hornet,when an UNTIL Major suggested that perhaps negotiating with Foxbat was something they should consider

"Hey! That was my Bad Guy...get your own!"

-Slyfox, explaining the importance of calling 'dibs' to an older archer

"Hmmm, I imagine that means she's going to do something rash... Now is it rash that gives me an opening to escape, or rash that gives me an opening in my chest as she rips out my heart and eats it..."

-Speedzone's thoughts on Shell

"You magnificent bastard"

-Patton Praises Rommel

-Hawk gives the GM kudos

.oO(I hope somebody is close, or this is going to get really messy...

Course, if I get myself killed, I don't have to explain any of this to Janice...)

-Speedzone, contemplating the upside of not living through a 'skirmish' with VIPER

.oO(Bet she dyes her roots..)

-Janice's opinion on a certain blonde weathergirl.

.oO(After I'm done yelling at Dad for the whole spawning my arch enemy thing, may have to ask him if he's got a Black Hole Arrow lying around.)

-Slyfox

"Punk, you better get damn good fast, because the minute a price comes up on your head... I'm going to put a bullet through it"

-Mechassassin gives Slyfox a warning

"Is is some universal law that the chicks from the Mirror Universe always dress sluttier? Just asking."

-Slyfox, upon seeing 'Evil' Speedtrap

"You can't mean that Hudson City is your model for a modern urban center!"

-Sylph explains the flaw in the IHA's no superhero preferences

"Let's go then. Time waits for no mask."

Whipcord, ready to face the mysterious alien threat

"Draining life energies from a planet is just wrong."

-Juggernaut

In Sundog's Kingdom City Game.

My character is a Spirit-Gestalt Being comprised of 500 rats, and sometimes I scatter my character around the city looking for clues. Make's for a rather effective Brick with investigate/stealth capabilities. Unfortunately, it appears VIPER is on to my little tactic, and has adjusting it's NESTing behaviour appropriately. So while one of me was searching along a new pipeline, it sensed a cat-like presence just as it fulfilled it's destiny and died with a surprised "SQUEEK!" The Team Wizard followed the rest of my rats to the location and scried along the pipe, finding a humanoid feline of a decidedly anime-styling.

Me (OOC): Great! I just got iced by Nuku Nuku! (Susano's Write-up.)

In Sundog's Kingdom City Game.

My character is a Spirit-Gestalt Being comprised of 500 rats, and sometimes I scatter my character around the city looking for clues. Make's for a rather effective Brick with investigate/stealth capabilities. Unfortunately, it appears VIPER is on to my little tactic, and has adjusting it's NESTing behaviour appropriately. So while one of me was searching along a new pipeline, it sensed a cat-like presence just as it fulfilled it's destiny and died with a surprised "SQUEEK!" The Team Wizard followed the rest of my rats to the location and scried along the pipe, finding a humanoid feline of a decidedly anime-styling.

Me (OOC): Great! I just got iced by Nuku Nuku! (Susano's Write-up.)

Hey, at least she's cute!

My GM losing his pateince with another player who was being slow.

"pointy bits of metal, probably propelled by highly compacted explosive material, perhaps previously housed in a tube of metal, slam into the side of your truck"

Player: What?

The 5th ed book can do serious damage when applied to the back of someones head. :eg:

My GM losing his pateince with another player who was being slow.

"pointy bits of metal, probably propelled by highly compacted explosive material, perhaps previously housed in a tube of metal, slam into the side of your truck"

Player: What?

The 5th ed book can do serious damage when applied to the back of someones head. :eg:

Perhaps we could have the MythBusters find out exactly how much. :sneaky:

A New Name For 3 - Innuendo Lass

Vitus picked up a reward for saving a world recently. This reward is 3, a skilled courtesan and concubine.

Returning to Earth Vitus embarks on months of research, and 3's player pipes up with.

"I help! I get to hold his pencil!"

She then blushed very pink when she realised why we were laughing at her.

Her mere presence degenerates every game into this sort of thing, but whatthehey, it's still fun