Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

How about the following as a title?

The High School Adventures of Neo Cyber Mega Ninja Demon Pirates from Super Magic Space Dimension X

That way you can cover a whole heap of anime styles in one game :D

Ha, good one, but I hope to avoid, not embrace, anime!

"An 'upheaval' could just be a . . . really big crop."

"Yeah, of badness!"

- PCs trying to puzzle out a prophecy, and the first attempting to look on the bright side.

"The disembodied head is confused."

"I hug her."

"What, her leg?"

- a PC, overjoyed to see an NPC alive and well again . . . the NPC being twice her height.

Dungeon-crawling in D&D, finding the tombs of the evil necromancer's now-mummified minions. We're searching the bodies when one of the party (for some reason) thinks he should also search *inside* the body for loot.

DM: No, the skull is empty. As is the abdomen; all of the internal organs have been removed. The body has nothing inside it.

PC: So it's not a pinata?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Later, two of the mummified bodies re-animate and attack us. Our player rolls two natural 20s in a row and begins celebrating, forgetting for the moment that you can't 'crit' undead.

GM: Well, its vital organs have been removed and put in canopic jars. I suppose if you can find and stab them...

Same player different character sevaral years ago. He was playing a hawkeye type character' date=' Nightwolf and Sinanju, another member on this board who was kind of playing a humanoid Pak protector was with him. They're fighting this upper crust extremely beautiful and vain sorceress. She and her minions capture them but not before Nightwolf hits her with a gas that makes her throw up all over herself. They wake up dangling over a huge pit with dinosaur sized scorpians within. Nightwolf immediately starts taunting her about throwing up and how it improved her appearance while Sinanju is screaming "i'm not with him! I don't know him!"[/quote']

I was not screaming, thank you very much. I was calmly pointing out that just because HE chose to taunt the vain and psychotic villain who held his life in her hands, that didn't mean that I agreed with his decision. All perfectly logical.

From a Game of DREAD a couple weeks ago...

"Uh well... your Grandmother smells like @ss! I'm gone!"

(If you've never played DREAD, you should try it. A flawed game, but with a great idea behind it.

JENGA JENGA JENGA!)

Meanwhile, back at the hall of Justice, Inc!

A sure sign that you shouldn't try to run a game without your morning coffee..

GM: "Okay, it takes a moment of peering, but you all are absolutely positive that it is indeed the Lemurian sorcerer, Zorran the Artiffi...artifice...the builder guy."

And yes, I am the GM. ;)

I guarantee you that in three short weeks, my villain will say this:

Bodito Boditay: So, you've finally come to prevent yourselves from passing into nonexistence and erasing mine. Unfortunately for you, I've already discovered a way of surviving my own nonexistence, and none of you can stop me!

Behold! The Mind Transfer Machine...OF DOCTOR BRUTALLO!...what? You thought he was the only one who could say it?

Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Same player. Attacks a general planing to conquer the world in the general's home base. The general says "now I will crush you" The player says "You and what army?" the general points over his shoulder "that one."

In one of Pratchett's Discworld novels, a witch is musing about how you can't talk to royalty the same way you talk to regular people. You can't ask questions like "You and whose army?" or "Who died and made you king?" - because they'd KNOW.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes a sign of the times: Right Lane Ends. Wrong Lane Goes On Forever.

Already have DOSbox. The main problem is transfering the files. This game was released in the days when being able to squeeze 512K onto a single floppy was a big deal.

Lamenting that he also cannot play his Kroz games either. He starts, blinks, and is eaten.:cry:

Already have DOSbox. The main problem is transfering the files. This game was released in the days when being able to squeeze 512K onto a single floppy was a big deal.

You can probably get the files there more quickly from The House Of Games; when you get bored with that, you can all play against each other over the internet with one of the sequels :D

After discovering that their High School has been meticulously covered with bombs by the villainess Countdown, and the entire building wired...

Countdown: Yoo-hoo! I see someone's hiding in the machine shop! Won't you please come outside into the hallway with everyone else?

Plastron: Egress is not possible at this time.

Countdown: It is now!

(BOOOOOOM!) The machine shop is destroyed.

Prestige: I'll bet you I can send this bomb away, and nothing will happen to anyone.

Countdown: Sure! Take your best shot!

Prestige: (Wiggles her fingers, bomb disappears)

Cut to...Shadow Lord (Another PC) in his shadow dimension, entertaining some dimensional visitors. I roll to determine bomb placement in his living room. I'm like...!!@#$%!...right under him.

(BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM) Shadow Lord, take 14 Body and 56 stun. Your guests take it too.

Shadow Lord: Isn't that 112 Stun? Ordinarily, I'd say I'd get a roll for this, but under these circumstances, no.

Me: Sure!

So Shadow Lord Exploded, and was almost killed.

Later in this circus of events....

Prestige: So, can I come to where you are?

Countdown: Sure! No problem!

Prestige (Grabbing Plastron and Teleporting.) They arrive. ZZZZZZZZZZAARRRRRRRRRRK!

Countdown: Just try not to land on the trap next time, sweetie!

After it's all over...

Saiphe: That's it, my father's going to be looking for me, I need to sneak back inside.

Siezure: (Thought Balloon.) Why does the ONLY hot guy on the team always leave me to talk to the press?

Later, during a group discussion over something important with the Vice Principal...

Seizure: (Thought Balloon.) It's unethical to mind control normals. It's unethical to mind control normals. It's unethical to mind control normals....

The theme of last night's game seemed to be 'fun with bodily emissions'. The timing of various people's noises was classic.

Running Eberron:

Me: "Roll a Fortitude save."

(At the same time he throws the die, getting a natural 1, someone passes gas very loudly.)

"Yeah, that about sums it up."

After describing a scene that involved a colossal stink (a passing stampede of plague-ridden sewer rats), the player to my immediate left releases a warm Pepsi and General Tso's chicken burp.

"If you wanted to know what this smells like, NOW YOU KNOW!"

Monkeys with nunchukas (lazer as well as regular) are in Cyber Ninja Pirates in Space, the game I'm (SLOWLY, damn me) writing. :straight:

I just had to mention it so it was known that when you see it, don't think it was inspired here (no offense!).

None taken. I've always thought of monkeys as a good add to anything, making anything funnier. I don't know why, it just is. My buddy has a similar infatuation with nunchuks (nunchaku? whatever.. ), so we were talking about it at the table during a break and thought... what about both in one game? That'd be awesome... and thus, the question was born. I think they're both fairly common things to add to make things amusing, so hardly original in thought, perhaps more so as actually published. =)

None taken. I've always thought of monkeys as a good add to anything' date=' making anything funnier. I don't know why, it just is. My buddy has a similar infatuation with nunchuks (nunchaku? whatever.. ), so we were talking about it at the table during a break and thought... what about both in one game? That'd be awesome... and thus, the question was born. I think they're both fairly common things to add to make things amusing, so hardly original in thought, perhaps more so as actually published. =)[/quote']

My wife also feels monkeys are funny in anything.

Not even much more so original in publication - there's already some game out there with ninja monkeys!

During the same Teen Champions session as before.

Seizure in SID: Sarah, why do you have to be such a !#@#$%!!!? And a !!@##$$? You use pranks that are so far out of his ability to retaliate that it isn't fair.

Sarah: Life isn't fair. And people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Seizure: But your father is one of the most ethical businessmen in the entire world. Shouldn't you be proper and nice to everyone?

Sarah: What? And miss out on the rest of life?

It is just me' date=' or do a lot of the quotes on here seem to be from games concentrating more on slapstick than on being heroic?[/quote']

I think the theme has migrated from "cool quote of the week to funny quote of the week."

Humor is easier to quote succinctly.

Exactly. Last week, one of my PCs dived in front of a bunch of falling glass to save some reporter's life. Awhile back I had a hero literally throw herself on a hand grenade to save civilians. But those situations aren't as easily quotable. :D