Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Guys' date=' I'm not doing the mod thing but just as an interested observer can say that the best thing is to not escalate this and the best way not to is to leave it as it stands.[/quote']

Hmmm...I'd say "In before the lock", but after 3300+ posts, it's really not that impressive....

Almost makes you wonder...

can you missile deflect a Presence attack?

And if so, are you required to Incant "I'm rubber and you're glue..." if you buy the Reflection adder ;)

Oooh, now, "I'm rubber, you're glue" as the SFX of actually reversing a PRE attack...cool!!!!! Repped!

Personally I wish it would stay in one place' date=' if something looks too long I can just skip it or skim it or whatever. But to each his own, of course.[/quote']

Unfortunately not everybody on these boards feels that way. Some people have to repeatedly tell others how their stories would be both shorter and accordingly funnier.

I also think it's fine to post the story that you want to and then everybody can skip it if needed.

Hmm, yes I was a bit too venemous. As I said, Kirby is actually a moderate in the debate that we should ignore. As he said, he objected to unnecessary background information and even gave an example of what was pretty clearly a TMI situation. Basically, all he did was tip me when I was already on edge, and while I tried to make it clear I shall state it emphatically here,

I largely agree with Kirby, but am willing to simply leave people who are giving the quote to determine what is and isn't too much backstory, PMing people with (hopefully) helpful hints for future posts.

As for my example quote, I agree with Manic Typist in his/her assessment that Bigdamnhero's version pretty much neutered it's emotional content.

Current Mood: Sore.gif

Currently Listening To: Scream, Billy Idol.

From the ASRPG:

The original Blue Beetle from the forties confronting Mano from the Fatal Five in the legion's time:

"You're tough to live through that fall," said the Beetle. "Give me any trouble and you'll get a taste of the magic mitt. Got me?"

The Jester trying to look for a way to shut Tharok down:

Tharok glanced at Jester and said, "why are you trying to feel me up?"

CES

The following OOC comment doesn't really count, because it was before the game started, but it still deserves sharing:

"You are NOT going to plot my death, honey!"

"I'm not, I'm just . . . waiting for it."

Anyway, the actual quotes from my Fantasy Hero game, set in Via, a parody world where the characters don't realize it's a parody. Both are OOC.

"Lina only uses her boobs in extreme circumstances. And when there's a battle going on and she forgets clothes."

"You could always throw out to demon card to convince him to cooperate. 'If you don't help us, we won't help you when the demons come to eat your city.'"

I hast one to post!

The quote (OOC) "Oh hells, GRAB HIM!"

In a newly-started free-form epic, multi-world campaign, my fighter-type character has been forced, by his slowly-shredding courtesy, to listen to a dowager go on for an hour about her in-bred family tree. (The're at a party full of nobility.)

Having finally escaped, he sets out to get thoroughly buzzed. Unfortunatly, one of the drinks he grabs is provided for those wanting a quick exit from boring relatives - Instant unconsciousness.

Having a high willpower, he just gets drunk...Has a few more of them...Whereupon I comment, OOC, that pretty soon he's going to start singing a song he learned in a bar, off of someone who claimed he got it from a witch who lived on a disk on the back of four elephants, on the back of a giant space turtle...

...Three guesses as to which song it is. :D

Lol...Yeah, of course "Stairway to heaven"! He wouldn't possibly sing something incredibly rude after hearing about someones' family tree for an hour (Said family tree not forking near as much as it should), then getting drunker than he's been for a long time, compared to the governments of many nations. :D

At last night's game, my players' Champions heroes are seemingly transported to the gates of Hell trying to save an NPC friend.

After dealing with a hoarde of attacking demons, one of the heroes uses a holy-water filled SuperSoaker to write on the side of the archway: "Bring 'em Back Alive"

- - - - - -

Later, the heroes are attacked by a pack of demon dogs, and one heroine (Serendipity) suggests they "fling 'em into the River Styx."

Other hero: "How are you gonna fling em?"

Serendipity: "With a pitchfork! There's gotta be one lying around here somewhere..."

The hedgehog song is called "A hedgehog can never be buggered at all" if I recall correctly.

Thanks. I think given its colloquial useage on television (both in BBC-land as well as the US) I'm pretty sure it passes a board language test. For the most part simply think what the FCC allows on the air as a way to gauge such. There are some cross-cultural problems, I know, as in many parts of the world the 4-letter word commonly used for defecation (starting with sh- if you don't get it still) is quite appropriate in any context, even among children, whereas in the US we're more uptight about that. So I know for non-Americans it can be easier to run afoul of language rules as it is a bit of a guessing game.

Thanks. I think given its colloquial useage on television (both in BBC-land as well as the US) I'm pretty sure it passes a board language test. For the most part simply think what the FCC allows on the air as a way to gauge such. There are some cross-cultural problems' date=' I know, as in many parts of the world the 4-letter word commonly used for defecation (starting with sh- if you don't get it still) is quite appropriate in any context, even among children, whereas in the US we're more uptight about that. So I know for non-Americans it can be easier to run afoul of language rules as it is a bit of a guessing game.[/quote']

Someone (I'm wanting to say Oddhat, but don't quote me on it) posted the entire song on the boards once, and it went uncensored and without comment, so I think 'bugger' is clear. :)

As I said' date=' Kirby is actually a moderate in the debate that we should ignore. [/quote']

If anyone feels I have not been a moderate on the subject, my apologies. (Not saying that's what you implied, Weldun; I'm just sayin'.)

As for my example quote' date=' I agree with Manic Typist in his/her assessment that Bigdamnhero's version pretty much neutered it's emotional content.[/quote']

Well, I was shooting for a "If you really thought the full version was too long..." capsule version. I agree it didn't capture the feeling of the whole piece, which I personally enjoyed reading and wouldn't have objected to had it been posted here. I don't mind long quotes. It's the long, not-strictly-relevant backstories that I find a little tiresome.

But I agree that equestrian has been well flogged into the afterlife. I'll shut up now. :hush:

From the latest session of Vendetta Rhapsody:

"Steel Claw Messenger Service"

Steel Claw applying bandages to naked Koyotie: "[The Third Rail]'s a boob... uh... a bar."

Steel Claw to the bandaged Koyotie: "If you want to compare scars we'll be here all night."

"I'd like to see Lady Liberty's tan lines."

D'arc Tangent: "I'm not drunk, the mentalist made me drunk."

Also from Vendetta Rhapsody:

Our heroes are relaxing at the Third Rail when Flashburn (one of the bad guys) decides to come over and sneer at Technicality.

FB: "You sleep in that armor? Well, you better start."

Techy: "How's the jaw?"

FB: "It's fine. I'm healing pretty quick. In fact, I won't be feeling any pain real soon now."

Techy: "I think I can guarantee it."

Rest of the Third Rail:...damn.

FB: *Quickly chugs down drink for dutch courage*

Hmmm... how to quote this week's session... it was a series of jokes this week, just one of those things.

Somehow, my befuddled mouth got "Gonad" out of the nickname "Dag" in a moment of desperately trying to remember his name quickly (new campaign)... somehow sports or something came up.

Robyn Flercher (in texas drawl): that gives new meaning to sacking the quarterback!

-------

Discussing entering the room where a cultic orgy is occurring:

Torch Song: I'm not comfortable with this, can't we wait until its over?

Wendigo: ummm... I'm barefoot, I want some shoes.

Father Martin: you mean you want waders. We don't know how long this has been going.

Torch Song: *EEP* Ewwww.... How long could it possibly take?

Robyn Fletcher: Hours, ma'am, hours and hours.

Father Martin: Damn you young guys... *turns to Torch Song* there are usually several resting at any given time, making for a kind of recycling of people in and out of the group.

*everyone pauses*

Father Martin: What?