Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

At GenCon a few years ago I met a girl who immediately launched into what I'm guessing was her favourite gaming story: It involved Champions' date=' extra prehensile limbs, a gymnast; and me making my excusing and getting the hell away from her... :eek: Americans can be so [i']forward[/i] :D

Reminds me of a game session at a FLGS that I was at years ago. I was play-

ing in a Torg campaign when someone came in from one of the other

games to kibbitz. He mentioned that a couple of the PCs in his Star Trek

RPG campaign -- a felinoid female and a male human on the same ship -- had

gotten together for some "up close and personal" quality time. He also men-

tioned that powdered graphite lubricant was involved.

My response: "Ewwwww!"

Nobody else in the room got what the guy meant until he explained it.

Major Tom :eek:

At GenCon a few years ago I met a girl who immediately launched into what I'm guessing was her favourite gaming story: It involved Champions' date=' extra prehensile limbs, a gymnast; and me making my excusing and getting the hell away from her... :eek: Americans can be so [i']forward[/i] :D

Did you get her number?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary nods to BigJackBrass and says "And Mr. Alexander here just proves your point, doesn't he?"

Americans are SO Peverted...

The palindromedary protests "Well, really, they're not ALL like Lucius Alexander. In fact, he's rather exceptional. Don't judge America by him."

Hey, what am I doing in this tagline?

Reminds me of a game session at a FLGS that I was at years ago. I was play-

ing in a Torg campaign when someone came in from one of the other

games to kibbitz. He mentioned that a couple of the PCs in his Star Trek

RPG campaign -- a felinoid female and a male human on the same ship -- had

gotten together for some "up close and personal" quality time. He also men-

tioned that powdered graphite lubricant was involved.

My response: "Ewwwww!"

Nobody else in the room got what the guy meant until he explained it.

Major Tom :eek:

I'm not so sure powdered graphite would work so well with the natural wetness....

Guest Major Tom

I'm not so sure powdered graphite would work so well with the natural wetness....

I wouldn't know about any of that. The guy who told the story didn't exactly

go into the mechanics of the situation, and I wasn't about to ask for any of

the gory details.

Major Tom :jawdrop:

Powdered graphite?

I'm afraid I don't get it. Does vaseline contain powdered graphite?

Nope. Graphite reduces to such a fine powder that it serves as a very efficient lubricant for such things as stuck locks, gun parts, etc. Apparently someone thought of it as "high tech" and thus places it in a Star Trek story without really understanding the technology behind.

The off-color at Gencon but reminded be a bit of a Bureau 13 game I was in a few years back. One of the female PCs had been captured by cannibals who'd managed to strip her, douse her in barbecue sauce, and suspend her over a fire before we burst in to the rescue. My (male) PC glanced over as he untied her "Nice Rack!" (And then, not being a complete louse, gave her his trenchcoat.) I remember thinking that the comment was only rescued from being over the line by the fact that I am a female player.

Probably the same reason we have a drinking age of 21' date=' and rampant binge drinking in high schools and colleges....[/quote']

Yeah, because alcohol is evil, and the europeans have such problems with drinking... oh wait... no they don't...

Weird how people taking responsibility for themselves works out... huh... :idjit:

Nope. Graphite reduces to such a fine powder that it serves as a very efficient lubricant for such things as stuck locks, gun parts, etc. Apparently someone thought of it as "high tech" and thus places it in a Star Trek story without really understanding the technology behind.

The off-color at Gencon but reminded be a bit of a Bureau 13 game I was in a few years back. One of the female PCs had been captured by cannibals who'd managed to strip her, douse her in barbecue sauce, and suspend her over a fire before we burst in to the rescue. My (male) PC glanced over as he untied her "Nice Rack!" (And then, not being a complete louse, gave her his trenchcoat.) I remember thinking that the comment was only rescued from being over the line by the fact that I am a female player.

Could be that... or maybe maturity was actually up to par, and minor references were taken in stride without thought. =) I always found it weird that some poeple can't stand others appreciating/complimenting something. Its all in the context, I guess... :smoke:

Yeah, because alcohol is evil, and the europeans have such problems with drinking... oh wait... no they don't...

Europeans also dont seem to have the American problems with their own sexuality, violent crime, or the glorification of the scum of society (Im looking at you, Gangsta Rap).

Theres something wrong going on underneath, around here.

I think its all the repression, that results in an explosive backlash. (For a good example, see the results of Prohibition; an attempt to repress Americans by making them not drink alcohol "for their own good", that resulted in violence, bloodshed, and handing power -directly- into the hands of organized crime).

Theres something wrong going on underneath, around here.

I think its all the repression, that results in an explosive backlash.

I think it's the lack of boundries and responsibilities for one's self. However, this is not the thread for the discussion. Go to NGD to explore your theories, please.

My group finally got around to starting our Champions Christmas adventure. This came up while our mutant was trying to rescue about thirty mall Santas from Foxbat's mind control, after he had stolen Foxbat's Kringle Kontrol hat.

Grav: "Santas, I do not ask you to attack, for that is not in your nature. Instead, I ask you to condemn, for he has been naughty!"

I think it's the lack of boundries and responsibilities for one's self. However' date=' this is not the thread for the discussion. Go to NGD to explore your theories, please.[/quote']

I prefer to let it drop, and get back to cool quotes ;)

Here's one from the way-back machine...

Ulysses (Skulking bow-user in a very drab costume): You know, Gatecrasher, your costume is very...shiny.

Gatecrasher: I know. I like the contrast of the black and the chrome silver.

Ulysses: ....If you coated your costume in a layer of dull-coat, it wouldnt reflect the light so much and give your position away.

Gatecrasher: That would defeat the purpose of it bein' all shiny! :P

Re: Off color warning

This one's off color, for those easily offended.

(are they gone? OK...)

After that, you can see why the cavern of groin seeking piercers was avoided the rest of the adventure.

Actually this reminds me of a session I witnessed in Hackmaster, a character without armor gets attacked by weasles. The five fierce critters make their attack rolls and one gets a crit.

Groin Shot. The little fiend clamps and holds, plus it bleeds like you would expect.

The players were scrambling like mad trying to figure out if they could get the weasle off or apply a tourniquet. Or just kill all the weasles before they did this again.

but the character was low on HP's so he dies anyways... they strip the body pretend to be a priest ("mumble mumble mumble")and kick some dirt over the body and leave it.

funniest thing I ever saw.

A quote from tonight's elder Vampire game...

"Oh, God forbid we say rude things about the Tremere. Why, the anger from it all might force them to turn into a pack of intriguing, vitae-thieving, bloodline-ending vinculum-aping backstabbing murderers..."

"... whoops, too late!"

(For those who don't play VtM, suffice it to say that the Tremere are the vampires who are so sleazy that the other vampires noticed. You have to start hitting the Followers of Set or the devil-worshipping Baali before it gets worse.)

*stands up looking indignant*

"I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!!!!"

( I play a Tremere is Vegas that has allready blood bound one primogen... plans on forcing him to be blood bound to the Prince of Vegas and getting clan Tremere the Status/Boons for this act in exchange for more maigical instruction.... And I think I have a good chace of blood binding the rest of the party to me too....)

From winterhawk's 'Game of Chance: The Atomic Age' campaign on HC...

A drunken bum speaking to Mirage:

"I'm saying that you're speaking in the language of the Universe...cyphers and equations that explain and control Universal Law. It explains everything...Science, Magic, Order, Chaos. You're speaking the language of God, lady...and you're using it to order a cheeseburger."

From my Fearless Monster Hunters Fantasy Hero game:

Several women in the party have been stung by giant wasps, and are in great pain as the poison works its way through their systems:

Paladin: Don't worry. I'll suck the poison out. Ladies, line up!

-----

The half-demon girl, who is noted for being kinda... well, a drunk and a ho, is talking to the paladin, who has been sleeping with her:

Demon-girl: I have a reputation to live up to, you know!

Paladin: Me too. Unfortunately, I'm not... :straight:

From the "Seared" Champions game Vendetta Rhapsody episode we jokingly called "A Night At The Opera":

Pre-game comment uttered by a player's 8 year-old. "Press "Try Me" again. That's how you turn it off."

GM to player who wanted to gloss over certain details with "I sent everyone an email about it": "D'arc Tangent couldn't get her computer to work, so you have to tell her in person."

Blitzkrieg: "Maybe I put them in hospital?"

Koyotie: "Perhaps you should talk to MI-5 about what happens to Russians who get put into the hospital."

OOC comment on imagined visual of one PC delivering a message: "Is it just me, or is the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man coming at us with an envelope?"

Blitzkrieg: "Who doesn't have Erica Chase's number?"

Koyotie: "I understand you can find it on the walls of truck stop restrooms all across the state."

Koyotie: "I'll go to the airport and see if they kick any puppies."

Technicality's SID is a lawyer. Naturally, it is established her coffee mug reads : "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." (Henry VI, Part 2, 4, ii)

Koyotie's SID is Mary Tower, photojournalist for the SLANT a local paper. Erica Chase is the SLANT's top reporter. The GM and I had some great banter as the two talked about several subjects. At one point, Erica rather awkwardly asked Mary Tower to help her cover a book-signing by the super-heroine Lady Liberty. Leading to....

Koyotie: "I thought it was a date for a minute.

Erica Chase: "Stop Thinking!"