Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Well, last time we played I rolled a "critical fumble" (house rule i don't actually understand all that well, except that an 18 triggers the possibilities) while shooting my uber-pistol, a 3d6 RKA, and managed to roll 15 body and max stun, having it blow up in my face... =/ Thus, where good rolls go bad... =)

Well' date=' last time we played I rolled a "critical fumble" (house rule i don't actually understand all that well, except that an 18 triggers the possibilities) while shooting my uber-pistol, a 3d6 RKA, and managed to roll 15 body and max stun, having it blow up in my face... =/ Thus, where good rolls go bad... =)[/quote']

In our last session of Shadows Angelus... now wait, two sessions ago, one of the PCs is under a curse, and rolled an 18. End result? His maser pistol over-loaded and took his hand off.

Bah' date=' I got you all beat. Fantasy Hero character pushed her STR to 25 trying to break something. The roll: Yahtzee! Five ones. ZERO BODY.[/quote']Hmm, I might have given you 50 points for it. :D

Hmm' date=' I might have given you 50 points for it. :D[/quote']

I was once in a game where the GM let someone succeed on a roll that needed to beat 6 BODY, but he just tied, because of the way the dice fell ...

Matt: *dice clatter* "Six body. DAMN!"

Me: "Wait, wait wait ..." *pointing*" One, two, three, four, five, six."

Matt: "YAHTZEE!"

Me: "Well, Large Straight."

GM: "Good enough."

Well' date=' last time we played I rolled a "critical fumble" (house rule i don't actually understand all that well, except that an 18 triggers the possibilities) while shooting my uber-pistol, a 3d6 RKA, and managed to roll 15 body and max stun, having it blow up in my face... =/ Thus, where good rolls go bad... =)[/quote']

Hey, it worked out for the best. It beat the heck out of getting your butts whooped by 20 minotaurs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drhoz viewpost.gif

Vitus, betraying his colleagues to VIPER, so they don't interfere with his plan to instantaneously mass emasculate every rapist on the planet.

"It is the duty of gods to protect their followers and punish the wicked. If your gods ignore their responsibilities, I am more than willing to do their job for them"

Sadly this didn't have as much of an impact as I hoped - possibly because Vitus was falling-down drunk at the time. Perhaps I should have smashed the end off the bottle and waved it in their faces?

Actually,you're scaring the crap out of The Specter, and as he was often billed as "the fearless man", you're doing great!:thumbup:

Felicity on the other hand is just pissed off at him. It was a typical Vitas plan. Magic ritual to impress Miss Three (third daughter of the 2nd favourite concubine of the previous ka) Will get the immediate results required, completely ignores side effects and after effects.

-Mass murder/assault charges. Depending on bleeding rate.

-Joining a known criminal group and dropping your social status to lower than your intended consort's.

- becoming a known criminal (did we mention Vitas is the only one of his species on the planet and due to a media interview, easily recognisable) and not being able to go out in public again without risking being arrested. As you can guess by Miss Three's full name. She is a social character.

- This after she has made sure that he changed his bachelor apartment (sleeping pallet on floor, fridge for spell components, bookshelf) for suitable living quarters for Miss Three- specially made and measured furniture (both are 7' tall) and joining two apartments together to a make it more comfortable for them.

-As for the bottle, you would have been on the receiving end of Shocking grasp (repeatedly)

- Hey Specter, how come I wasn't allowed to hit him with the bottle and you were? Just remember when you answe that I have No Turn Mode on my flight but it doesn't say that passengers turn as well.

Stupidity. Felicity decides that a light weight white dress would be a good flying outfit.

Lets seem, first she forgot about the effect of strong light behind a thin white dress.

Then she got soaked.

And FINALLY, remembered the two things to avoid while wearing what she was wearing. Comment "Oops, I forgot about that."

Her dress is now sky blue.

________

While in NORAD - Cheyenne Mountain, a party member asks how to get to the hangar. Without thinking (or remembering the people standing around her, including the Golden Avenger) gives him accurate directions.

Next visit there, with a clone of her to rescue her(I had the clone). Tells off one of the staff members for not changing his computer password often enough. Points to another NPC and says" He changes his every week"

Telios had decided to collect the whole set, (we still don't know if he was responsible for them in the first place- the clone arranger.)

Glowing ball of energy - Orca sees it and dives in. ( The second time he has done this sort of thing.) He and Felicity now both have 200 sets of FEMALE memories.

____

Miss Chaos (Not Ms) - Cast Chaos of the Senses on leader of "baddies"- Flash- sight/hearing/touch/taste/hearing/mental/radio. Made it past flash disad - 3 autofire shots later from 3 other baddies, Miss Chaos is -201 stun (after armour) , no body damage. End of first segment 12.

From the New Freedom League campaign:

GM: *Sets a scene with a description of the crew of a fishing boat, about to bring in their last haul before heading back to port. Something goes wrong, and the "fish" they bring aboard are all mutated, hideous, and exuding a toxic vapor that takes down the whole crew before they really have a chance to save themselves*

Troubleshooter (OOC): Prior to all this, were they, by any chance, "minding their own business"?

-------------------------

Monarch: You investigated my grandfather's estate?

Troubleshooter [defensive]: You told me who your family was; I know hes dead; IM A DETECTIVE TOO!!

Troubleshooter *emerging from the shadows to menace a thug. Its December, and on top of his helmet hes wearing a Santa hat with glow-in- the-dark fur trim*: I know when youve been sleeping! I know when youre awake! I know when youve been bad or good so PUT THE TV DOWN BEFORE I POP A CAP IN YOUR @$$!

Monarch: So, just exactly how does this dimensional zone projector work?

Guardian Alpha: Gimme a sec. Lemme talk to my belt buckle.

--------------------------

Troubleshooter: Oh yeah. Dr. Phil is totally from Mars. And Oprah is actually from Venus. I read this book that said so!

Black Cat: Then where is RuPaul from?

Guardian Alpha: Uranus

Guardian Alpha: Hang on. Ill read some fish.

Background: Monarch is a male character, but the Player is the only female Player in that game night's group. Troubleshooter's Player is Monarch's Player's husband.

Monarch *bringing in a plate of dinner* (OOC): Lookie! Ive got weiners!

Troubleshooter*looking around the table* (OOC): So do we!

--------------------------

Monarch (OOC): So, are these mutated fish real?

Guardian Alpha (OOC): Or are they arti-FISH-al?

*rimshot*

---------------------------

Troubleshooter: Because if he wears an octopus, it chafes!

---------------------

Troubleshooter: Hey GA, come over here, and look out over that way.

Guardian Alpha *goes over to where Troubleshooter is standing, and scans the warehouses the indicated direction with his Atomic Vision*: What am I looking for?

Troubleshooter: Nothing! *slaps the map onto GAs back and points things out to Monarch and Black Cat* Now, over this way is where.....

-----------------

Monarch (OOC): Lick that. Im eating hot dogs.

-----------------

GM: What are you doing, GA?

Guardian Alpha (OOC): I fly up-itty-up-up; then look down-iddy-down-down.*

*This may only be funny to those who have ever seen the movie "Those Daring Young Men In Their Flying Machines"

-------------------

Guardian Alpha has flown about a mile up, and is scanning down using telescopic penetrating vision.

Guardian Alpha *over the police radio*: Drug deal in progress at 1st and 6th. Looks like the Syndicate.

Black Cat: Im SO there! :D *leaps into action heading for the crime*

Troubleshooter: Cat? When you get there, be sure to say "Hey, whaddaya know! Vinnie was right!".....One in six Syndicate guys is named Vinnie. Itll paralyze their operation for weeks! :sneaky:

Guardian Alpha: Whats wrong?

Troubleshooter: I have a sucking bank wound.

----------------

Troubleshooter: *sees Mobile SUit EX on its back after being attacked by 12-foot cybernetic sea-horse men weilding blasters (yes, its THAT kind of day)*:

I think EX needs another quarter

--------------------

Troubleshooter: *flash-bang grenades three cybernetic sea-horse men doing 18 AVLD Stun, making them all stagger and clutch their ears and eyes, while Guardian Alpha is behind a wall of fire and cant see them*: I told them a joke, but I dont think they get it.

Guardian Alpha: *flies through a wall of fire and sees the sea-horse men in poses of agony*: I think they got it.

--------------------

Troubleshooter: You know. Mamano-Sensei -could- have only been feeding these giant mutated crabs pure sake for weeks. Oh! And then he could put a piece of flint underneath each of them, so when they hit the concrete sidewalks and roads BOOM! Like scuttling bombs! Oh! Oh! And he might have genetically modified them so that their shells will fragment and become shards of razor-sharp flying shrapnel when they explode! Thats what I'D do! :D

Guardian Alpha: You....have way too much time on your hands... @_@

From my X-Crawl campaign:

On the third and final level of their current crawl, the party bursts into a room with a small potluck of monsters controlled by several high-level wizards offstage. While the television audience at home and the stadium audience watch, the sorceress uncorks a spell she's been saving for the right occasion. The end result can be summed up with these quotes from after the dice had been thrown and results announced.

Angel (the sorceress): "Yes! It blinded the basilisk and then turned him to stone!"

Radiance (the monk): "Karmic balance?"

GM: What are you doing, GA?

Guardian Alpha (OOC): I fly up-itty-up-up; then look down-iddy-down-down.*

*This may only be funny to those who have ever seen the movie "Those Daring Young Men In Their Flying Machines"

"Up. Down. Flying around."*

*Or had it taught to you in primary school.

Digging back through my backlog of in-game events before I scurry off to work....

I used to have a player who was... how to put it... less than serious about the game. His only particular claim to power or fame: A mithril helmet. Eventually, he took it into his head to be more disruptive than usual.

"I hunt down and shave a rabid badger."

*events of high idiocy follow, leaving the player barely alive in the care of the Temple of Thor*

High Priest: "Okay, we've healed you, but you're going to have to do something for us."

*he accepts the quest, eventually leaving temple, fuming at the fact that he's expected to pay for his magical healing through questing, rather than just by leaving them alone*

"Thor sucks!"

Me (OOC): "You've just stepped outside of his temple where they provided large amounts of magical healing for nothing more than a promise to perform a fairly simple quest. They didn't even bind you with a Geas to make you do it. Are you *sure* you want to say that?"

Him: "Yes. Thor sucks, and so do his priests!"

Me: *rolls dice for divine intervention... hits the Big 01*

Me: "Lightning shoots down from above."

Him: "Ha! Mithril helmet!"

Me: "And what do you think the melting point for mithril is?"

From the New Freedom League campaign:

Troubleshooter: Oh yeah. Dr. Phil is totally from Mars. And Oprah is actually from Venus. I read this book that said so!

Black Cat: Then where is RuPaul from?

Guardian Alpha: Uranus

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Me (OOC): "You've just stepped outside of his temple where they provided large amounts of magical healing for nothing more than a promise to perform a fairly simple quest. They didn't even bind you with a Geas to make you do it. Are you *sure* you want to say that?"

Him: "Yes. Thor sucks, and so do his priests!"

Me: *rolls dice for divine intervention... hits the Big 01*

Me: "Lightning shoots down from above."

Him: "Ha! Mithril helmet!"

Me: "And what do you think the melting point for mithril is?"

More to the point, is mitrhil a conductive metal? Wearing a mithril helmet could be the fantasy world equivalent of standing in a thunderstorm waving a golf club around.

Thor's voice booms down from above. "I thank thee for turning thyself into a lightning rod. Schmuck."

GM: The body before you is burned to a crisp.

Robin (OOC): What you kneelin on?

Torchsong (OOC): His hunk, a hunk a burning love!

Linda Murdock: Let me go grab my notes

Robin: Your notes survived the fire!?!?!

Linda: ... I had them hidden...

Torchsong: If she opens up her butt...!

Father Longfellow: What's the other camp looke like?

Ghost Eagle: Well, there's lots of... what'dya call 'em?... bomb holes!

Troubleshooter *emerging from the shadows to menace a thug. Its December, and on top of his helmet hes wearing a Santa hat with glow-in- the-dark fur trim*: I know when youve been sleeping! I know when youre awake! I know when youve been bad or good so PUT THE TV DOWN BEFORE I POP A CAP IN YOUR @$$!

When Psychotic Psantas try to turn to the good....

- Hey Specter' date=' how come I wasn't allowed to hit him with the bottle and you were? Just remember when you answe that I have No Turn Mode on my flight but it doesn't say that passengers turn as well.[/quote']Sorry this reply is coming so late Barbara that I think I'll be seeing you at the club before you get to read this, but I think maybe some of the people might get a chuckle, especially seeing as you question seem's to have been asked in character.

The Specter: "Well, when you wanted to hit him, I still needed him. Wait. That didn't come out right. That sounded more like something that he would say!"

Best one from our last Teen Champions game:

Ultimatium, has a big Multipower with several ultra slots, think Ultraboy.

Ultimatium rolls an 18 on Power Gauntlets (which were designed to allow two powers at once) which completely drains all Multipower.... "Aaaaahhhhhh!"

PC1 (Yelling at the gadgeteer) "Didn't you test these power gauntlets?"

Gadgeteer (very sarcastic) "Oh yes, I tested these things for years, even though they only work for Ultimatium."

Later...

Ultimatium "I'll fly down and check... Aaaaaaaahhhhh!"

In our last session of Shadows Angelus... now wait' date=' two sessions ago, one of the PCs is under a curse, and rolled an 18. End result? His maser pistol over-loaded and took his hand off.[/quote']

Ooooh... I hope it wasn't his "useful" hand... :o

The nice thing about that character having a gun blow up in his face... outside of the new piercings, that is, is that he'll eventually grow it all back...

Ooooh... I hope it wasn't his "useful" hand... :o

The nice thing about that character having a gun blow up in his face... outside of the new piercings, that is, is that he'll eventually grow it all back...

It being 2112, and Tyger being a replicant and all, they just grew him a new one.

Jamadigni, on the other hand, received a whole new ribcage at one point. She was out for months....

And Lt. Hemelshot lost an arm on the same mission....

Did I mention we basically fight stuff out of Lovecraft?

It being 2112, and Tyger being a replicant and all, they just grew him a new one.

Jamadigni, on the other hand, received a whole new ribcage at one point. She was out for months....

And Lt. Hemelshot lost an arm on the same mission....

Did I mention we basically fight stuff out of Lovecraft?

hmm... let's take this in order...

Tyger... ah, good, permanent maiming is usually not so fun.

Jamadigni... owie owie owie!

Hemelshot: did he eventually find it? =)

And Lovecraftian Champions... hmmm... madness is such sweet release!