Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

With some of the hideously bad rolling I've seen in the past couple of weeks, I'm thinking of having the heroes stumble on the villains in the sauna. I'm not thinking the fight will be any shorter...but it might be more entertaining.

For the record, I have lately, on occassion, rolled not so well. Particularly with STUNx.

I've had a run of excellent rolls...

vs the Desolid, Inivisible Flying villain (the Grey Ghost as quoted above by BigDamnHero) I made a PER by 8 to know his direction/general area, then rolled a 4 on the Attack Roll to shoot at him (hit a DCV of 12 no less). Punk should know not to mess with Enigma .... you know, just as soon as she has an attack that can hurt him.

Flying Invisible indeed.

Flying Invisible indeed.

Flying Invisible Desolid. No fun leaving out the best part. :sneaky: Mind you, the villain didn't have any decent offensive powers either. Okay, except for his Disrupt Electronics power -- and I'd like to state for the record, I didn't think the power armor player was even going to be there that night!

Flying Invisible Desolid. No fun leaving out the best part. :sneaky: Mind you' date=' the villain didn't have any decent offensive powers either. Okay, except for his Disrupt Electronics power -- and I'd like to state for the record, I didn't think the power armor player was even going to [i']be[/i] there that night!

right. Flying, Invisible, Desolid punk. I'll get him for that pavement trick BTW.

Sometimes SFX work for you, sometimes against you. It made for good drama.

A player reminded me of one from an Alternity Hero game last year. The team has just "retrieved" a Thuldan double agent known to be a mindwalker.

Dimitri: I think we can trust him.

Elliot: Tell me that again when he melts our brains.

I'll bite, what is the relic?

Or is it something I don't want to bite?

But when it comes to stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

D & D, my character has two magic belts, one of which has been identified as a GIrdle of Giant strength. " One of these is a Girdle of Giant strength. I knew I should have got him to mark it. Oh well, I'll just try them on and find out." Tries first one on. " Why is my chainmail tight around my chest now."

Any guesses what the 2nd belt was.

Three quasi-assassins pulled the Worlds Worst Ambush on our team. Some of the team was worried that the rest of their sisterhood might come after us for daring to put their sisters in jail.

Sparkle: It's no problem. We'll just call Weir[1] and explain that there are two possibilities. Either they've defected, in which case we did her a favor by taking them down before they could cause her trouble. Or they haven't learned a thing from their Sisterhood training, in which case we've done her a favor by getting a start on beating the stupid out of them.

[1] The leader of the Sisterhood, who's been flirting with one of our team members.

D & D, my character has two magic belts, one of which has been identified as a GIrdle of Giant strength. " One of these is a Girdle of Giant strength. I knew I should have got him to mark it. Oh well, I'll just try them on and find out." Tries first one on. " Why is my chainmail tight around my chest now."

I still have fond memories of playing the princess who passed one of those off as a divine miracle so that she could inherit the crown after her brothers were murdered (instead of a swordpoint marriage to the villain responsible).

That's...wrong...yet hysterical.

"I buy a girdle of femininity/masculinity. I am now a guy. I inherit the throne and...."

Did the character's sexual preferences change too? I don't want to know, but I have to know.

When it happened to us it was the REALLY BIG warrior type. Suddenly he was the biggest, meanest lesbian around.

Although, I do got to say, they were a lot more careful of new magic items after that....

That's...wrong...yet hysterical.

"I buy a girdle of femininity/masculinity. I am now a guy. I inherit the throne and...."

Did the character's sexual preferences change too? I don't want to know, but I have to know.

The gender change was in the backstory. The character did, in fact, ultimately marry a woman and have children, as making alliances and providing heirs is part of the "monarch" job description. I was actually rather vague about the character's sexual preferences. He did comment that "I always knew I would never be able to marry for love; this doesn't change anything," but didn't go into detail.

But when it comes to stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

ah yes, the Girdle of Gender Reassignment. One has to wonder about the mental state of the person that invented these... No, the NPC, not person. The person would have been a GM, in which case trying to determine their mental state is an exercise in futility.

First session of an Eberron game ... the characters consist of a Shifter Cleric, a Warforged Scout, and a Beguiler/Wizard.

The DM introduces a potential recurring NPC, an orc nicknamed 'Half', as he's missing an eye, an arm, and a leg.

Me: "I suppose 'Lucky' was already taken?"

Later on, I successfully Sleep a couple of thugs from the shadows while they were battling the other two, then drag him off into an alley, cast Charm Person on him, then regail him with my story of how I rescued him so I can get information from him.

Me (IC): "Why are you working for this guy, anyway?"

Thug (IC): "The money's good."

Me (IC): "Well, I can't argue with money."

Jeff (OOC): "Well, you can, it just doesn't argue back."

Me (OOC, pulling a dollar out of my pocket): "Dammit, George, you never do the dishes, you never take out the trash, do you have anything to say for yourself?!" (Pause.) "Guess you're right."

Otto Von Metten, former Sergeant of the French Foreign Legion:

"I survived the Franco-Prussian war, Algerian campaigns, the Franco-Hova war on that damnable plague infested island, two cave-ins in the mines of Transvaal, and I got shot at by both Boers and British before I got out of South Africa. Do you think YOU scare me?"

Lucius Alexander

I've ridden camels too. That one has two heads. This I admit I have never seen before. Not while I was sober anyway....

"Are we doing the scouting mission before the attack?"

"Well, there wouldn't be much point in scouting after."

Not actually said as part of the game but rather by the host's girlfriend in reference to his house:

"You're going to burn the house down. It doesn't really matter."

Upon discovering that the demon-posessed bad-guys had regeneration:

"They heal! Fast"

"Oh, good. Then I can beat up on them more without killing them."

"It's going to be much more P****d with a bullet through its brain."

"My spiritual body language says, 'I'm going to f**k you up!'"

The GM to the speedster's player after he'd missed a move-through for the 3rd time:

"Where in the world did you end up, Crash, after you missed?"

Event: "A gentleman always shows a lady to her seat!" Then promptly tosses a bench at Widow.

After a long battle in a subway, with holes in walls, torn vending machines and newspaper boxes spread across the floor, craters in numerous places, a hole (a hero was knocked up out onto the street), and benches tossed across the rails, a hero (it was either Event or Phidippus):

"The janitor is going to be pissed."

Quite a busy day, quotes-wise

There certainly seems to a theme running in Weldun's game - between the Furbynators and the Scare Bears, The Edge is considering stickers for the local toy stores

"EDGE Approved! - Guaranteed non-lethal!"

It's not doing team morale any good either - even before the firefight, Truman was asking about provisions for annual leave in the team constitution, and Barbara vdB's Miss Chaos stated

"That does it. I'm moving to a city where felonies AREN'T committed by toys"

Eventually the group did track down the Scare Bears, and promptly found itself in a crossfire between international terrorists and a pack of homicidally psychic, heavily-armed mutant ursines.

Sundog's observation "Somebody has been exercising their constitutional right to arm bears" ( a pun almost as painful as being shot in the head, which is what happened to Truman a short while later)

Being caught in an empty street with VIPER gun-teams on one side and mind-****ing sniper bears on the other (as if the sniper/bear bit wasn't mind-****ing enough) meant a pretty one-sided fight for us - even allowing for Trawler misjudging a leap and knocking a largish hole in the VIPER-occupied building. Between attempting to flee and being shot out of the sky, and the withering crossfire, even if by some miracle we DO come out of it alive we're still going to be persona non grata in animorph-full Freaktown, because Terminus returned fire on the Scare Bears and put an allegedly non-lethal bullet thru one of their brains.

GM : What do you mean,
going
to be?

Alas, he has a point. We still haven't held a funeral service for the telekinetic kitten (admittedly, there wasn't much of her left to bury. Pour into a jar, perhaps....)

Even Avatar's much-vaunted mental defenses failed to stop all of the attacks on what passes for his mind

Avatar OOC : They managed to get a new concept into the mind of
?

Me OOC : normally you need a crowbar for that!

And one quote from Sundog's evening game (no doubt there will be more once Sundog and Weldun dig out their notebooks )

Felicity
: I'm still dragging the mutt ( Vitus ). All we have to do is squeeze past Ripper and we're out of here

Vitus
OOC, deadpan : For some reason I am feeling apprehensive

Fantasy-setting heroes are registering as tourists in the Champions Universe.

Interviewer: "Is this a permanent stay, or are you just visiting?"

Rastal: "God, I HOPE it's not permanent!"

Interviewer: "Right, then. Have you any connection to Isthvatha V'han?"

Rastal: "Bless you."

Meanwhile, Danaecus is describing his powers, and gathers from the interviewer's extreme reaction that the ability to summon angels isn't something they're used to. He turns the questioning around, then finally declares, disgusted, "What are you guys, in the Stone Age?"

Quite a busy day, quotes-wise

There certainly seems to a theme running in Weldun's game - between the Furbynators and the Scare Bears, The Edge is considering stickers for the local toy stores

"EDGE Approved! - Guaranteed non-lethal!"

It's not doing team morale any good either - even before the firefight, Truman was asking about provisions for annual leave in the team constitution, and Barbara vdB's Miss Chaos stated

"That does it. I'm moving to a city where felonies AREN'T committed by toys"

Eventually the group did track down the Scare Bears, and promptly found itself in a crossfire between international terrorists and a pack of homicidally psychic, heavily-armed mutant ursines.

Sundog's observation "Somebody has been exercising their constitutional right to arm bears" ( a pun almost as painful as being shot in the head, which is what happened to Truman a short while later)

Being caught in an empty street with VIPER gun-teams on one side and mind-****ing sniper bears on the other (as if the sniper/bear bit wasn't mind-****ing enough) meant a pretty one-sided fight for us - even allowing for Trawler misjudging a leap and knocking a largish hole in the VIPER-occupied building. Between attempting to flee and being shot out of the sky, and the withering crossfire, even if by some miracle we DO come out of it alive we're still going to be persona non grata in animorph-full Freaktown, because Terminus returned fire on the Scare Bears and put an allegedly non-lethal bullet thru one of their brains.

GM : What do you mean,
going
to be?

Alas, he has a point. We still haven't held a funeral service for the telekinetic kitten (admittedly, there wasn't much of her left to bury. Pour into a jar, perhaps....)

Even Avatar's much-vaunted mental defenses failed to stop all of the attacks on what passes for his mind

Avatar OOC : They managed to get a new concept into the mind of
?

Me OOC : normally you need a crowbar for that!

And one quote from Sundog's evening game (no doubt there will be more once Sundog and Weldun dig out their notebooks )

Felicity
: I'm still dragging the mutt ( Vitus ). All we have to do is squeeze past Ripper and we're out of here

Vitus
OOC, deadpan : For some reason I am feeling apprehensive

Not to mention me as the GM continuously humming or whistling the tune for "Teddy Bears Picnic." (Hey! That's sort of a quote:p)

Well, our "Elven Nation" adventuring party has just completed their second adventure together, the first happened off camera as the game began. We were sent to rescue my character's goddaughter who'd been kidnapped. I almost died and was rescued by a young woman. Who turned out to be said goddaughter only 23 years older. We'd been plane hopping.

"Oh crap! Lana! You're mother is going to kill me! Can I polymorph you into a child?"

Here are a few from the Mutant Age post-apocalyptic game. Important to note is that the Operators are an evil empire, slavery is commonplace, and the food has been....weird.

--------------------

Scarlight the Mercenary: ....so the only way that Wiki could pay off her debts would be for her to sell herself into slavery.

Jassey: Then why dont we help her get out from under all her debts?

Johnny: Because that would require breaking a LOT of commandments.

(Note: We did it anyway. He was right).

-------------------

GM: ....and after the sex, she gives Johnny a Coke and a cheeseburger.

Jassey (OOC): DUDE! Can I come have sex for a Coke and a cheeseburger?!?

--------------------

Kinsey: That little whore!

Staci: Her? Or him?

Johnny: I am NOT little!

--------------------

Johnny: Here. This way you have a copy, we have a copy, and we burn a copy so the Operators dont get ahold of it.

-------------------

And now, some from my Global Guardians supers game

------------------

Golden Phoenix (OOC): ....Im having a good hair day, and I didnt -go- anywhere :/

------------------

Nexus Knight (minion): They are too powerful! Summon Lord Terminax!

Golden Phoenix: What, is he going to kill all the bugs in my house?

------------------

The PC's confront Lord Terminax; a seven and a half foot Demi-God with a gigantic black two-handed axe, who commands a planet in the Nexus.

Lord Terminax: You will all fall before the might of Lord Terminax, and the regime of Molokk!

Lawstar: Ive seen planetary tyrants fall before. Youre no different.

Lord Terminax *commands wind and rain to impede the heroes' movement, and blasts Crusader with a bolt of lightning*: What can you puny Earthers do against ME!

Golden Phoenix *loads a magic arrow, ricochets it off a torch sconce, and strikes Lord Terminax with it*

Golden Phenix: Turn you into a sheep?

Lord Terminax *POOF!*: baaaa-a-a-a-a-a

-------------------------

Lightningbolt *does a massive multiple moveby on the minions surrounding Crusader, sending men-at-arms flying in all directions*

Lightningbolt *comes to a stop next to Crusader*: Hi there! :D

Crusader: Hey. Did you see the sheep?

Lord Terminax: baa-a-a-a-a-a

--------------------------

Scarlet Sorceress (OOC): Defying us was shear folly on his part ;)

GM (OOC): Goat to hell ;P

----------------------------

GM: And as the New Gods extend their influence over this world, the barren plains transform into verdant fields. The crevasses of fire change into rivers. The lava pits change into lakes. And the gigantic hive-city of the insectoid people you saw earlier transforms from bluish-grey to gold.

Crusader: Well, thats going to cause a....buzz.

--------------------------

After defeating Lord Terminax, the characters were returned to Earth, and were relaxing on the beach in Greece, at Golden Phoenix' house.

Ultima (the robot girl who looks like Jessica Biel): Hmm.....apparently I tan.

Scarlet Sorceress (who looks like Lysette Anthony, redheaded and pale, wearing full Victorian dress and accoutrements): Thats....quite nice....for YOU.

"Would you STOP trying to TALK to the things we are trying to KILL!?"

This was said by Ghost to Preacher.

The group from IBC was fighting a mid-air battle with an Angel. They were all in their Armored Vehicle with vectored thrust capabilities. WHile they hovered in mid-air Preacher, an irish assassin type who is trying to spread the word of god, keeps trying to talk to the Angel. Eventually Preacher gets the Angel in a logical conundrum and while trying to understand and possibly go against its base ideals, it instead explodes.

----

Same group later as the mechanic, Therese, of the aforementioned AV looks at Faust and the AV. THe AV no longer has a turret, has a gaping hole in the side and is generally the worse for the wear inside and out. Therese is glaring at Faust. Faust states matter of factly:

"Angel exploded"

as she quickly leaves the garage area.

Guest Major Tom

input.jack: This is just my opinion, but it would've been a nice touch if the PC

superteam in your Global Guardians game, after having turned that poor un-

fortunate Lord Terminax into a sheep, had broken out with the following song:

"It had to be ewe, it had to be ewe..."

Gummibear: Preacher's last name wouldn't happen to be Kirk, would it?

Major Tom :sneaky: