Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Was talking to an old player of mine and was reminded of this one:

Fenris (Wolfman type) gets shot in the butt with a flame blast: "YIPE YIPE YIPE (while draggin his smoking butt on the ground)."

From my fantasy campaign. Our heroes are battling Wights*, and the paladin-esque Annoited Knight wades through them like warm butter. Then, a fireball goes off in the largest cluster of the Wights, leaving many smoldering (un)dead bodies.

Immediately, our rogue quips (OOC):

Hahaha, Wight Out!

(If you aren't hearing the Beach Boys while reading that, not my fault.)

I would like to note for the record that there is almost NO end to the number of puns you can make with Wights. :ugly:

*Intelligent undead capable of killing by their life-draining touch and raising their kills as fellow Wights in short order.

From my fantasy campaign. Our heroes are battling Wights*, and the paladin-esque Annoited Knight wades through them like warm butter. Then, a fireball goes off in the largest cluster of the Wights, leaving many smoldering (un)dead bodies.

Hahaha, Wight Out!

I would like to note for the record that there is almost NO end to the number of puns you can make with Wights. :ugly:

*Intelligent undead capable of killing by their life-draining touch and raising their kills as fellow Wights in short order.

I was actually thinking of the Safari's, not the dewightfully inferior Beach Boy cover

Guest Major Tom

These jokes need to stop. Whight now.

Or what? You'll use Wight Guard anti-necromorph spray on us?

Major Tom :eg:

Neutron: *busts in on some S.P.Y.D.E.R. minions making drugs in a gigantic underground lab* Where were you when the guy said "Just Say No"?

Feline Fury: Actually, that was Nancy Reag-........Nevermind, you were right.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumbup:

Feline Fury (OOC): That Natalie Portman wallpaper makes me wanna lick my monitor!

:shock:

Isn't this TMI?

Why would you make puns? They're the most racist of undead! Always shouting out:

:coach: Wight Power!

:D

-Ahem-

Back on topic:

From a long time ago: 2E D&D (Birthright) Our party is helping the dwarven realm in order to establish trade. The advisor/diplomat dwarf is giving an overview of what to be aware of.

Dwarf: ...and then there are the purple worms.

Blaede: Purple worms? You have purple worms here?!

Dwarf: Of course, lad. What do you think causes earthquakes?

Blaede: Well, that ruins my tectonic plate theory.

Hahaha, Wight Out!

I've had a DM send Wight Dwarves at us.

Guest Major Tom

C'mon folks' date=' I love a little wight-hearted fun as much as anybody, but this is getting ridiculous.[/quote']

What, you don't believe in the Divine Wight of posters to make the most

wighteously-hideous puns imaginable?

Major Tom :eg:

Horrifically, I managed to waste my computer in one good swoop trying to update too many drivers simultaneously... running my windows repair function, not realizing it had reverted my system to SP1, formatting my drive, losing all my data, and now having to email tech support for my data recovery software's unlock code again, I am finally back up and running... albeit minus a lot of pictures, email addresses, and other stuff. Despite that, and having cleaned up my install since I had a second chance at it, here I am to bring us back on topic! (up until now, I've been keeping up on my PDA)

So, long long ago, I was running a game of Shadowrun. 1st edition, I believe. Only pertinent to ganger's response. The players have decided gotten themselves into some trouble. With Lonestar in force, gangers at their backs, and a store full of food products, I ask them two questions:

1. Query: WHY?! What happened to getting some soda and going home?!!

Answer: HEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :P

2. Query: So what do you guys do?

Answer by person :

Street Samurai - I draw down and grab some cover.

Rigger - I'm trying to call my car into the store...

Shaman - I go to the meat department, use illusion to make myself

into a pile of meat, and lay in the shelves.

Ganger - I... call my gang members? *proceeds to roll 2d6*

I cry less easily now, at least... :thumbup:

Running an Adventure game(Same as before) Note, the lady(Li Hastings) is a mentalist for the other side they've taken prisoner.

Raijin: "Something's come up for me. I'll be in touch to facilitate what I've mentioned. In the interim.."

*points his staff at Hastings* "Don't enslave anyone or give them reason to kill you"

*points to Drake* "Don't be enslaved or pester the lady about things she knows nothing about"

*points to Pai Li* "Don't kill the lady."