Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Heh' date=' I thought it was "Mare see bow coup." :)[/quote']
Actually' date='"Thank you" in French is "merci beaucoup".Obviously neither of you studied French in school....[/quote']:rolleyes: Or it could be obvious you can't read homophones in a play on words. :cool:

"I had a dog, once."

"Oh, really? What was its name?"

"My name is Carnivore."

"How are we going to get out of this?"

"We're not."

"And here I was just starting to enjoy my life."

"I'll go to your funeral, don't worry... WHAT?!"

"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

"I prefer ice cream."

From todays D20 (sigh) game:

Lynn: "It's called Keel-hauling."

Gregory: "Really? There's a name for? I like boats."

GM "He's got a small bag taped to his side."

Halfling's Player (OOC): "Taped? Duct tape or scotch tape? This is fascinating!"

Player 2 (OOC): "Hey, sticky on one side, not sticky on the other side. A lot like Halflings."

(The GM meant glued)

Session 22 of Shadows Angelus.

The city is under attack by the Order of Enoch, time is running out, and XSWAT has been disbanded. The 9th Squad (the PCs) have been declared enemies of the State. Things don't look good....

Yar (OOC): "Can I hit him on the head to make him forget some [thing] and free up an experience point?"

Grady on Star Wars D20: "Level Ups, Bonus Feats, Stat Boosts... a Jedi cares not for these things."

Yar on what to do: "Let's not roll any dice and risk any critical failures."

"Psionic Pimp"

Yiska shows up with a sweet ride.

Yar: "[i see] You've got a sugar mommy."

GM: "You need to make your Combat Driving by six."

Yar: "Can I take extra time?"

Brogan on the invasion force: "There's six of us and he brought five ships. We've got him outnumbered."

Suggestion for Yiska's t-shirt: "Enemies don't know about my esper group mind."

GM: "Do you have Persuasion?"

Steve: "I have four unspent experience points."

Yiska to the espers: "Masada thinks your only fodder for the cannons."

Yiska to Carpenter: "Worse case scenario... [The nuke goes off and...] We don't have to lie about Omega Sector anymore."

Ross: "That's the evilest German fairy I've seen."

Mike: "Uwe Boll doesn't count?"

Jama summons the spirit of the city of Angelus itself to defend the city against the attacking Enochians:

Angelus, City of the Future, Eighth Wonder of the World, you hold the promise of what mankind is meant to be.

Now you are beset by foes who will rend you, warp you, shape you from a dream into a nightmare.

This I will not allow.

Rise up, Angelus! Resist! Assert yourself!

Join me, lend me your power, so we may show all your glory and might!

Stand strong Angelus, and together we will drive these enemies from your walls.

Jama's control of the summoned "Digital Angel" is contested by another, leading to....

GM: "This will require a sorcery versus sorcery Skill Roll. What do you have?"

Mike: "20-"

GM: "I made it by 9."

Mike *rolls dice*: "Oh, yeah? I made it by 14."

GM: "You see the Blue Steel Special falling off of a building."

Yar: "Can I Dive For Cover to catch it?"

GM: "No!"

GM: "[Jama] you feel something moving under [brogan's] arm."

Brogan: "That arm's artificial."

GM: "I know."

Brogan: "Oh, f**k!"

Yiska in Hemelshot's spinner: "We've lived through this before, we've lived through this before...."

Steve: "Wildlife stops being interesting once you've rummaged around in its innards."

Repeated several times in references to tactical needs: "Shooters here and shooters here."

Brogan: "I want one of those Entity girlfriends."

Nestor (OOC): "Yeah, no gag reflex."

Tyger: "[i'm] engaging the Zero System."

GM: "Oh, really?"

Tyger: "And next...."

GM: "No... First...."

"Save the sorceress, save the world."

Steve on Yar: "He's a power-armor judo-flip guy."

GM: "Omega Sector has no effect on Brogan."

Brogan: "Yes it does, but he enjoys it."

GM: "The presence of a nuclear device adds +3d6 to your Presence Attack."

Yiska: "I'm keeping Masada and his pants down."

Ross: "Grady? When I think about you, I Stun myself."

Grady: "Get this man a thesaurus, quick."

Grady: "I got 44 shots left... bring it."

"Pulling up in a [commandeered] pimpmobile was pretty awesome."

"It's not important in how you [defeat] a mook."

Maybe we should just transcribe everything Pendaran says here. . .

:P I quoted you guys the last couple of times, you just didn't say anything last game that stuck in my head. If you feel like posting some from our superhero game, feel free. I don't do it because you are the gamemaster for it.

Wow' date=' that last batch of Angelus quotes were amazing.[/quote']

The last three runs have occurred over roughly two game days (January 4-5, 2113). It is estimated that some of the PCs have been up for 36+ hours without sleep. Most of use have taken BODY (some self-inflicted [Jama gripped her supernaturally sharp kris blade in both hands, taking 2 BODY but getting +4 to her Sorcery Skill Roll]) and all have been pretty well banged around. We figure Ross (the GM) is going for a 26 episode anime series, meaning we have 4 more episodes to go in which to save the city of Angelus, and in doing so, save the world from Lovecraftian extra-dimensional horrors.

No pressure here.

Oh, and I forgot one....

An injured and unconscious Jama wakes up in Nathan Carpenter's arms after the Paladin has used his power to heal her.

Jama *kisses Carpenter*: "I love you."

Carpenter: "I know."

Did I mention Carpenter is married?

Wow' date=' that last batch of Angelus quotes were amazing.[/quote']

Oh, and I wrote out Jama's incantations some 3-4 weeks in advance. She has another set for summoning something else, even more powerful.

Some quotes from the Protectors supers game:

----------------

Goldenstar (Super-girl type): Remember; dont overdo it. Theyre not -really- monsters. Theyre transformed Amazons.

*Punches one*

Sphynxling Amazon: *takes it without blinking*

Goldenstar: ....uh oh

-----------------

GM: The Sphynxlings swarm Goldenstar. Its like being in the middle of piranha.

Spirit Eagle (OOC): Except that theyre fuzzy and have boobies :D

----------------

Taboo (sorceress): Detectus Cursicus!

Spirit Eagle: I -knew- I shouldnt have let you read those Harry Potter books!

-----------------

Goldenstar: Okay, so the main Demon is whats causing all these lesser Sphynxlings. Will it know that its minions have been b*tch-slapped?

*Looks down at Sphynxlings, who are basically winged cat-girls*

Or should I say "Pu**y whipped"?

---------------------

Spirit Eagle: Assume it knows. Track them to it. Take it down. Thats the plan.

--------------------

Spirit Eagle: In magic, theres usually some sort of a tradeoff. Vampires take time to transform; at least a full night. And the transformation is permanent. The Demon takes possession of the host body forever. But these things transform almost immediately. So it may not be permanent. If we can break the link to the to the host Demon, the Amazons should revert back to their true selves.

Taboo: Thats right! Now youre getting magic theory! :D

Spirit Eagle [annoyed]: Ive been studying magical theory since I was seven!

Taboo: Thats nice. *drops back behind Spirit Eagle, then points to herself and smugly mimes "Five"*

------------------

Goldenstar: You look a lot like Set. You may call yourself the Dragon King.... but to me youre just a big lizard. I kicked Set off this world. Ill do the same to you!

-------------------

Native Lizard-man's spear: *bounces off American Eagle's chest*

American Eagle: ....I made this outfit as bright as I could....

------------------

[American Eagle pulls the Sphynx's torque off, revealing the evil black necklace allowing the Dragon King to control her, and allowing her to create "infected" Sphynxlings]

Sphynx's ample cleavage: *is revealed*

American Eagle: Well...I can see why she...um....

Goldenstar: Yeah, yeah. They arent really big on clothes here in the Sacred Lands, because its so hot.

Spirit Eagle: *giggles at American Eagle's obvious embarassment* Oh yeah. Its HAWT! :love:

-------------------

[American Eagle climbs to the top of the Dragon king's pyramid/temple, and throws down his unconscious body]

American Eagle: ATTENTION. ATTENTION. HIS STUFF...IS NOW MY STUFF!

Ladies and Gentlemen - this may not be the usual format you're used to. And I'm kind of tooting my own horn - so to speak.

Let me 'splain. I engage in online, freeform, superhero roleplay, based on Livejournal.

And I feel (and hope) my rendition of Ambush Bug will amuse you all. Perhaps I am mistaken. But I feel, nonetheless, that this is an appropriate contribution.

http://community.livejournal.com/watchtower_fans/40220.html

That is 'Ambush Bug Presents #6' - part of a series of little snippets I do. It's somewhere between IC and OOC - as is appropriate for Ambush Bug. The watchtower_fans community is an open community for fans of the jla_watchtower community. There are five more Ambush Bug Presents episodes in there.

If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to answer them - either via PM, or a new thread, or whatever. :)

OOC, said about Rastal's player: "He's eating dip. And you know what they say. 'You are what you eat.'"

Two characters are talking about Rastal, whose player remarks, OOC, "I resent that, and I'm not even there."

The party has captured a subject of Thornwilde, who warns them that any action they take will likely get them their butts handed to them by Aciarren, the mage of Shadowdale. Rastal says, "What, again?"

Discussing the Queen, the captive says, "She's a b****!"

Rastal shrugs and says, "He has a point."

The reincarnated first hero is bemused to encounter one of his descendants, and swears the party to secrecy about his true identity to the newcomer. Later, he makes a disparaging remark about how much everyone puts the first hero up on a pedestal. Daris (the descendant) says, shaking his head, "You and Salem both. No respect for Aveliel!"

Daris, discovering that he's related to NPC Al: "Y'know, the two of us together . . ."

Al finishes the thought: "We could charm the pants off half of Asini!"

Very cool! One thing though - How did American Eagle rip off the Dragon King's power gear settings?

Um...I dont think I understand the question.

But that wont stop me from trying to answer! :D

ALL WHO ESCHEW EXPOSITION, DEBARK THIS POST NOW! ;)

American Eagle is the campaign's equivalent of Superman. Goldenstar is his daughter. Spirit Eagle is a native American superheroine who is a spirit warrior of Eagle (kind of like a flying Slayer from BTVS), and Goldenstar's best friend. Taboo is Goldenstar and Spirit Eagle's team mate, and a sorceress.

The four of them had traveled to the Sacred Lands; an alternate world parallel with our own full of jungles, swamps, mountains, cave people, dinosaurs, and Amazons. They had gone there to visit Goldenstar's mother, who lives with the Sacred Lands Amazons.

When they arrived, they found that the Amazon villiage was in ruins and that there had been a mass attack by "Sphynxlings" (Goldenstar's term); furry cat-girls with large feathered wings, who resembled Sphynx. She is a cursed Amazon who, when she transforms into her alternate form, becomes a super-powerful winged cat-girl. (Shes the Sacred Lands version of the Hulk, only her transformation occurs when she touches people of Power).

Normally Sphynx doesnt create Sphynxlings. This was new. We asked the surviving Amazons about them and found out that, if they bit you, transformation was almost instantaneous. We later fought a group of them, but American Eagle and Goldenstar are too tough for them to pierce the skin of, Taboo was shielded, and Spirit Eagle is just too fast for them to hit, and is immune to possession anyway. We defeated the Shynxlings, and realized that they were actually the missing Amazons.

Taboo cast a spell allowing her to see the mystical connection between the Sphynxlings and the original Sphynx. She also detected that there was Demonic energy present, which was something new for Sphynx. We tracked the mystic trail to the Empire of the Dragon King.

The Dragon King is an immensely powerful individual; on a scale with American Eagle and Goldenstar. (Or so he thought). He basically looked like a dragon-winged professional wrestler (The Rock, to be exact), with scales down his back and the outside of his arms. He has been expanding his empire in the Sacred Lands for a while, it seems. He also had Sphynx with him, acting like some kind of super-pet. (Sphynx in her altered form isnt...very...bright).

So we punked him.

During the fight, Spirit Eagle had noticed that under Sphynx's Egyptian-style torque was a sinister black necklace that we had never seen before. So after the fight we got it off of her and destroyed it, and the Amazons returned to their normal state, including Sphynx.

Once the dust settled, American Eagle realized that there were several hundred (maybe a couple thousand) warriors gathered under the banner of the Dragon King, and that they were going to cause trouble if he didnt do something.

So he climbed to the top of the temple/pyramid, cast the Dragon King's KO'd form down for all to see, and shouted in a voice that carried a couple miles that "HIS stuff... is now MY stuff!", telling them that HE was now in charge.

Once that was clear, they waited for his commands, which basically consisted of "pack up and go back home. Dragon King Land is no more".

I hope that cleared things up :)

PS: If theres a "Dragon King" in the CU, this aint him. The characters in the campaign are, as far as I know, original to Prodigy Duck's campaign world.

Actually, I was trying to have a gentle poke at your spelling. Having re-read your earlier post, it was actually the Sphynx's power gear settings.

(Torque = vehicular power (yeah, I know it's not quite that simple). Torc = metal neck piece).