Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

I've had a DM send Wight Dwarves at us.

He should have paired them up with very large, literate, erudite humanoids.

That's right - Wight Dwarves and Well-Read Giants!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary meanwhile mourns the loss of the original meaning of "wight..."

She could also have some housewife super-skills. Imagine a cleaning one (Cosmetic Transform: dirty house to ultra-clean house) or a cooking one (Minor Transform: poor food into culinary feast).

She'd be like a lower-pointed version of Belldandy. :D

Or probably more like a Stepford Wife. :eek:

Come to think of it, how would you write up a Stepford Wife? :confused:

…..for 10 real points or less you can lease a modified AAF709 series from Palindromedary Enterprises

(apologies if this doesn't format correctly)

Fembot Model AAF709 – 75/75

Characteristics

Value Char Points

15 STR 5

13 DEX 9

13 CON 6

8 BOD -4

20 INT 10

- EGO 0

18 PRE 8

20 COM 5

4 PD 1

4 ED 1

3 SPD 6

8 REC 4

20 END -3

23 STUN 0

5” Run -2

Total-> 46

Skills

Skill Cost Roll

Scholar “I learn quickly” 3

Jill of All Trades “I learn quickly” 3

Acrobatics “I am skilled and graceful” 3 roll<=12

Acting “I can be anything you want me to be” 3 roll<=13

Disguise “I am clever with makeup and costumes” 1 roll<=8

Mimicry “I can be anything you want me to be” 1 roll<=8

Contortionist “I can hold any position you choose” 3 roll<=12

Conversation

“You are so fascinating, please tell me more!” 3 roll<=13

Seduction 3 roll<=13

KS: Carnal Knowledge (intellect) 2 roll<=13

PS: Dancer (agility) 2 roll<=12

PS: Singer (interaction) 2 roll<=13

PS: Concubine(interaction) 2 roll<=13

PS: Massage (intellect) 2 roll<=13

PS: Cook (intellect) 2 roll<=13

PS: Maid (intellect) 2 roll<=13

KS: Owner (intellect) 2 roll<=13

1 Language 3

Literacy 1

Read Master AKA Analyze Desires: An Analyze skill for “sizing up” a man’s preferences (general, long-term desires) and moods (what he feels like right now) 3 roll<=13

Cramming X2 “I learn quickly” 10

Total Points for Skills: 56

Talents, Powers, etc.

Talent /Power Description Cost End/Roll

Double Jointed 4

“I have high pain tolerance” Damage Resistance (3)

Can’t stop first 1 Pt of BOD of a killing attack (- ½) 2

“I come when called” +1” Run (2) Only if called (-1) 1

“I hear and obey” +2 Hearing perception 2

“I follow instructions” Eidetic Memory (5)

Only to recall orders (-1) 2

“I am a tireless worker” Sleep 8 hrs/week

(about 1 hr out of 24) 1

Holding Breath Extended Breathing 1 1/Turn

Metabolic Control Simulate Death 3 roll<=9

Musically Inclined Perfect Pitch 3

Total 24

Customization: 24 points unspent

Disads

Disadvantage Rolls Points

Distinctive Features: Beautiful, Seductive. Concealable 10

Distinctive Features: Serial Number.

Easily concealed, major reaction 10

Social Limitation: Uncanny Valley Girl 20

Watched by Palindromedary Enterprises roll<=14 20

“I exist to serve” Dependence on Master / Programmed self-destruction. For each day forcibly separated from Master and/or prevented from actively rendering service, fembot takes 3d6 damage, and suffers incompetence and weakness as per Dependence. (This keeps anyone from stealing your fembot unless they know how to reprogram it to recognize a different Master) 15

Fembot model AAF709 - 75/75 built on 75 points plus 75 points of disadvantages, suitable for a standard heroic game. 24 points are left unspent for optional customization and/or skills not yet programmed. Available for sale (75 pt follower for 15 pts) or lease (Summon 150 pt Fembot 30 pts, (+1 advantage for slavishly devoted 60 pts,) delivery to reasonable locations only (-1/2 limit “must inhabit locale”) allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery (-5 limit extra time) Check out our special rates for matched sets and harems with Teamwork skill! (each 5 pts doubles the number for either Follower or Summon)

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises denies allegations that fembots of the model AAF709 series have been known to cheat on their Turing Tests

This (slighly modified) version of Fembot model AAF709 - 75/75 is perhaps a start towards a good write-up of a Stepford Wife.

I'm going to have to read that book one of these days.

Lucius Alexander

New from Palindromedary Enterprises: The Fembot Model AAF709 - 40/75, a stripped down, more affordable sister of the 75/75! Join the Fembot of the Month Club for only 4 real character points and get a new model every month of the year! Some Limitations Apply (at least -10 worth....)

This showed up on the Shadows Angelus Mailing List.

APPLICATION TO JOIN YISKA'S HAREM

[b]NAME:  
TYPE:[/b]  
__ Curvaceous Clade
__ Exotic Entity In Human Form (no tentacles please)
__ Exquisite Esper Weapon (Madam President need not apply, you intimidate the hell out of me)
__ Seductive Sorceress
__ Sexy Street Samurai
[b]AGE:[/b]  
(The Yiska accepts applicants of all ages, provided you look over 18)
[b]SEX:[/b]  FEMALE
[b]HEIGHT:[/b]  
(You must be at least 60" tall to ride the Yiska.)
[b]WEIGHT:[/b]  
(And don't lie, the Yiska is a telepath.)
[b]HAIR:  
EYES:  
GIVE THREE REASONS WHY YOU'D MAKE A GOOD ADDITION TO YISKA'S HAREM:[/b]  
B__  W__  H__

Gee wonderful quotes. :straight:

From my League of Champions game. Destroyer has killed 2 of 7 characters sent to kill him.

NPC does 15 Body, 15 Stun to Dr. Destroyer

Destroyer: If that is your best, woman, then, like your squad, it is inadequate.

Cosmos: Hers perhaps may be, Destroyer, but I am the one who has tossed you across your own lawn. And I shall do so again.

(Proceeds to roll 20d6 for 22 Body, 77 Stun, and 14" kb.)

Gee wonderful quotes. :straight:

From my League of Champions game. Destroyer has killed 2 of 7 characters sent to kill him.

Destroyer: If that is your best, woman, then, like your squad, it is inadequate.

Cosmos: Hers perhaps may be, Destroyer, but I am the one who has tossed you across your own lawn. And I shall do so again.

Dude, Chill.

Alright, Gaming Quote from Last week:

The party stands over a small pond that hadn't been in the city when they left. The Ranger looks around; then in a soft, slightly fearful tone, "It's a footprint."

Later, we're talking with a priest of Wee Jas.

"You have been waiting for us? For Two years?"

"Yes."

"What year is it?"

...Turns out we'd been gone for 200 years.

It's a rough campaign.

What can I say? Vendetta Rhapsody for Saturday was cancelled and Shadows Angelus won't run again until the 19th.

Yeah, no joy here. Guess we could post more quotes from the 'blue booking' files between sessions. Some of those have been pretty good, but they're not from actual gaming sessions, so maybe they should be in a different thread?

XO

Yeah' date=' no joy here. Guess we could post more quotes from the 'blue booking' files between sessions. Some of those have been pretty good, but they're not from actual gaming sessions, so maybe they should be in a different thread?[/quote']

*shrug* I posted "If you can read this, the witch fell off."

:D

Go ahead and post them.

Backstory too, if it's interesting. ;)

Okay....

"Kids." Snorted an old man. No uniform, just a flannel shirt tucked into a worn pair of work pants. No badge, but he cradled an old Mossberg shotgun like a lover, his calloused wrinkled fingers clearly very familiar with the ancient firearm. "Super-cops. Bah, rubbish." He hawked and spit into the rubble, his careworn face staring towards the barricade, eyes narrowed.

"They're people." He insisted, disdaining any attempt to introduce himself or join the police's little clubhouse meeting. "Just people, with a job to do." His head swiveled, flicking his gaze over the assembled officers. "Like you guys. Just with more gumption and less jawing." He chuckled dryly. "Look at us sitting here, taking on an army with popguns and chewing gum -- you can ask my wife when its all over who the real heroes are, and she'll tell you." He lifted the shotgun and rested it on the barricade, settling the butt into his shoulder. "It's us."

An injured and unconscious Jama wakes up in Nathan Carpenter's arms after the Paladin has used his power to heal her.

Jama *kisses Carpenter*: "I love you."

Carpenter: "I know."

Did I mention Carpenter is married?

Later, Nestor and I blue-booked the conversation the two had over this incident. Here's the speech that made most of us go "wow."

"I... I don't know," Jama replied, still looking at her plate. "I mean... you’re married, with a beautiful wife and children, and... and I'm just a foolish little girl." Carpenter watched silently as Jama touched the tips of her index fingers together and then spun them around each other, a sure sign of nervousness in the young sorceress. "And then to blurt that out... The rest of the Squad must have heard, what do they think?"

"Do you care what they think?" Carpenter shook his head. "Never mind."

Carpenter stood and walked around the table to where Jama sat. He squatted down to put his head at her level and gently grasped her hands in his.

"Jama, we've shared a lot in the time we've been in 9th Squad. Pains, joys, triumphs, and defeats. We've stood together against trials beyond what any human could fear to face. We've grown together to trust and depend on each other. It is the strength of that bond that will help us carry through to what we will have to face in the days ahead."

"The word 'love' falls short of describing the connection we have, but it's not surprising that it would be the one you'd find. In that sense, I love you too, in my heart and soul."

"But don't confuse all the nuances and contexts that the word carries. The love I have for Elaine has shades and meanings that are different from the one I profess now to you. The parts of my soul that I have shared with her may not be the same as the ones I may share with you, but they're still a part of me. I... I don't have the words to express that in any more intelligible way; it's just something you can only feel."

"The one thing I don't want you to do is feel guilty for feeling this way. We all have our failings of spirit... and flesh." Carpenter paused, hesitant.

"You are a beautiful woman, Jama. You have a strength of will that shines in you like a sun. The fact that the love we share cannot express itself in a certain way does not make it less worthy. The day will come when you will look in someone's eyes and see that special part of your soul reflected in his eyes, just as I did with Elaine. And I pray that in that moment you will feel the joy you so rightfully deserve."

Later in the same blue-book session, Jama gives this speech on the importance of Paladin Nathan Carpenter to the team:

"We were all stupid." Now it was Jama's turn to sigh. "Carpenter... Nathan, you do need to talk to him. Before he becomes like Brogan, who seems to be seeking death. Right now the Lieutenant is so consumed with guilt I think he's forgotten who he is and what he needs to do. I think he feels his family will never forgive him, but if he dies... if he kills himself trying to stop Hart and the rest, how will he ever know if they do?"

Standing, Jama stepped around the table and placed her small brown hands on Carpenter's much larger, rougher ones. "Nathan, I think you are the soul of the 9th Squad. You have a purity within you that allows you to look at another and not judge them, but advise them, encourage them, allow them to see they are needed and who needs them. I.... No, we all follow the Lieutenant not only because he is our commander, but I know that he will see victory done, even if it costs him his life to save ours. But I will follow your leadership as well, for you look out for all of us, and will see all of us home safe and sound when the battle is over."

She paused and looked almost guilty at her speech, then took a breath and continued. "Tyger cannot speak to him, he doesn't know what to say. Brogan feels he is dead already. Yiska... Yiska has his own mission. But you, you are a husband and a father, and almost lost your daughter to the enemy. So know you must speak to the Lieu... to Hemelshot, as one who has seen what he has seen. Bring him home safe, Nathan, so he may lead us to victory."

Carpenter smiled sadly and placed one of his hands on top of hers, pressing gently. "I will, Jama. As God is my witness, I will do everything I can. And if He is willing, I'll bring back Brogan too."

Well, we'd post more quotes from our last game, but most of it could have offended someone pretty badly or it was censored out. While certainly they were all interesting and extremely funny comments (we're still in the comedy aspect right now), they were just INMA (InterNet Mature Audiences) and thus unfit for posting here. =) Sorry Kirby, but it was for the best.

Here's the only one I remember from our last Champions game:

DEMON has returned to the game world, and we're there for the big announcement and recruitment drive.

As we're fighting The Left Hand (big naked dark angel) moves in to strike at Enigma (only mostly naked tattooed runecaster).

*looks him up and down* "Must be cold in here."

He proceeded to punch her, to little effect, "You hit like a girl."

So he blasted her with hellfire, that knocked her out. (sadly, you can't make witty banter when unconcious)

Sorry Kirby' date=' but it was for the best.[/quote']:weep:

On a slightly more serious note, I would rather have a pause in quotes rather than "your

reminds me of a story. Let me tell you what happened." :rolleyes: Then, adding anime on top of that, just ruins it for me. You'll just have to pardon me when I'm grumpy with thread derails. I'll get better.

Though, I will admit I happened to like Ranma 1/2; primarily the first season. The second season was the "over the top campy" that I don't care for. It jumped the shark. I still have a five or so of the books, though. I'll need to sell them on eBay sometime.

On to quotes:

Again from League of Champions (over on HeroCentral). Gigaton is tasked with eliminating the PC team. He missed (by one hex) his intended target, but was using his 14d6 explosion, so the target still felt it. Two hexes away from the epicenter of the blast was Snow Leopard.

Snow Leopard: oO(Ow ow ow! That HURT! And that was a near miss by the lacky! And he wasn't even aiming AT ME!)

Field Test: (Flying in the air) "Hey! Tall, dark, and explosive! Let's see how you like this!" [Hits a 4 DCV] OOC: Hmm... apparently he likes it just fine.

"Must be cold in here."

He proceeded to punch her, to little effect, "You hit like a girl."

So he blasted her with hellfire, that knocked her out. (sadly, you can't make witty banter when unconcious)

:lol: Even though the PC lost to the NPC villain, that's still poetic.

Sorry Kirby - but you're off topic :D
Annoying, isn't it? ;)

Got a quote of the week?
Yes, I already posted them, but in case you missed them:

Again from League of Champions (over on HeroCentral). Gigaton is tasked with eliminating the PC team. He missed (by one hex) his intended target, but was using his 14d6 explosion, so the target still felt it. Two hexes away from the epicenter of the blast was Snow Leopard.

Snow Leopard: oO(Ow ow ow! That HURT! And that was a near miss by the lacky! And he wasn't even aiming AT ME!)

Field Test: (Flying in the air) "Hey! Tall, dark, and explosive! Let's see how you like this!" [Hits a 4 DCV] OOC: Hmm... apparently he likes it just fine.

Now now... let's not start this again... some quotes that I think should pass... not as funny, but on-topic...

Father Martin: Would you stop trying to up her backside every time she flies?

Robin Fletcher: I can't help it that her jumpsuit is riding up...

Rising up after being thrown across a gap in the sewer floor, face-first, and skidding awhile...

Father Martin: *spit* *ptouie* that's not chocolate, but those are peanuts... *shudder*

Upon seeing a swirling vortex of draining sewage...

(can't remember who said it): Its like a big unending flushed toilet...

Wendigo comes out of a formerly locked room, mining helmet with light on, blinding a group of us...

"Hey, shut that off, I can't see!'

Wendigo: These are COOL!

Torch Song, who has witnessed Ghost Eagle stick an axe into a foe and, when his tomahawk got stuck, still swing it around with the body attached: You SAVAGE!

Ghost Eagle: Oh, sure, get all racist on me now, eh? Next you'll give blankets....

And Ghost Eagle, ooc: I brought cupcakes... and if you find the one with the band-aid, you win a prize!