Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

FWIW, i love the Beatles and Silly Love Songs makes me fly into a rage too.

“No' date=' DEMON does [u']not[/u] have a 1-800 number!”

This is actually not a bad idea. I'm sure it wouldn't be public, but it wouldn't surprise me if some villainous organizations did have one. Maybe not DEMON, but surely VIPER.

And Foxbat.

BTW, I am completely jealous of this game now :thumbup:

I gave him 5 points. I think of it as: -5 for Extremely Uncommon' date=' +10 for Total Intensity. If it was just a case of the player munchkining for more points, I would've shot it down. But this character could [i']easily [/i]have 50 points of additional Psych Lims just for being himself, so I didn't sweat it. It's funny and it makes him happy. :)

The weirder part is, it's actually an integral part of the character's backstory. :ugly:

Actually, the bigger issue is how anyone who hates the Beatles could be considered a "hero". Other psychs, like "Hates dogs and children", "casual Killer" or such could be overcome, but hating the Beatles - that's just not a Hero! ;)

Actually' date=' the bigger issue is how anyone who hates the Beatles could be considered a "hero". Other psychs, like "Hates dogs and children", "casual Killer" or such could be overcome, but hating the Beatles - that's just not a Hero! ;)[/quote']

Enigma, the mystic, isn't overly fond of the Beatles either. . . though it's not pathological like Built To Last.

For those who have been following the Shadows Angelus quotes, the 24th and final session of this incarnation of the campaign (this is the second) will be run this weekend on the 2nd of June.

This will complete two full "seasons" of the series (each 12 sessions long). I'll try and write down what quotes may come, as well as the last "in-character" line spoken by our characters.

However' date=' they do engage in telemarketing. All evil groups do.[/quote']

"Hi this is Todd, from the soul Mortgage branch! Good news! Due to your history of on time payments we can offer you a great deal for your eternal soul! Please hang on the line and I'll get right to you!"

*Cue Hold music*

Actually' date=' the bigger issue is how anyone who hates the Beatles could be considered a "hero". Other psychs, like "Hates dogs and children", "casual Killer" or such could be overcome, but hating the Beatles - that's just not a Hero! ;)[/quote']

Someone's been reading too many Spider Robinson books... :P

In Freak Squad campaign, our characters have followed some leads to a local occult bookstore. As they're leaving, Robert Plant (yes, from Zeppelin) arrives in a black Corvette with a black dog in the passenger's seat. This is suspicious enough in and of itself, but when he uses his Casual STR to resist the team mini-brick's attempt to restrain him, we begin to get really nervous.

Coldfire: I'm beginning to think this isn't the real Robert Plant.

Humongous: An artificial Plant?

In Freak Squad campaign, our characters have followed some leads to a local occult bookstore. As they're leaving, Robert Plant (yes, from Zeppelin) arrives in a black Corvette with a black dog in the passenger's seat. This is suspicious enough in and of itself, but when he uses his Casual STR to resist the team mini-brick's attempt to restrain him, we begin to get really nervous.

Don't they realize, he's an obvious Plant. If they follow him, they will be led astray.

If he has stretching powers, he'd be a rubber Plant.

:eg: :eg: :lol::eg: :eg:

A quick encounter that just happened while discussing character creation for an upcoming Mutants and Masterminds game.

ALL OCC

Jinx: Well, Im done creating my character and Ive got 15 points unspent. Im going to save them for quick combat training once the game begins. Theres no reason Jinx would know how to fight just yet.

Teddi: Youre not going to put them all into equipment, and have your own personal fighter jet?

Jinx: I cant figure out how Id explain the character having it.....Unless it was from that Pepsi Points thing! :D

Session 24 of Shadows Angelus.

We had defeated the monstrous extra-dimensional being known as Gurzorath. 800,000 dead, millions more wounded and insane. The PCs spent weeks helping to organize rebuilding, recovery, and restoration. But all good things must come to an end. The final session covered roughly two years of time, and saw the 9th Squad break up. Saw one PC get married and another go to jail.

The final tally:

Jamadigni Renuka: [new] Director of XSWAT

Nathan Carpenter: Knight of the Order of Enoch

Malachi Brogan: Commander of the "XSWAT Entity Busters"

Tyger: XSWAT Armor pilot (and works with Brogan)

Yiska Karouk: Councilman for Psi Sector and founder of the Institute of Tomorrow

Richard Hemelshot: Goes to prison for the assassination of Councilor Roger Davies. Then becomes a civilian combat instructor for XSWAT.

And now for the quotes:

"Join XSWAT -- kill the Entities with your mind!"

http://www.draft-jama.com

"Do I have to wear my dress uniform?"

Well... what do you want to wear?"

"Duct tape."

Brogan the emo Terminator

"Three points gets you a 19- on any PRE-based Skill. F**k you."

"You can't tell me you "accidentally" killed the guy and then summoned the demon."

"So... how many experience points do I get for [setting up] whole new campaigns?"

Hemelshot: "In areas of Renuka's experience... I'll follow her to the gates of Hell and beyond."

Brogan's new nickanme for XSWAT Director Jamadigni Renuka: "Mama Jama."

"You've been boffing his spirital sister."

Brogan [on his cyborg body]: "There's no metal here."

"[Yiska,] You have a real problem with technology."

"Yeah, it's written on his character sheet."

"Yiska has a COM of butt-ugly."

"What's [Yiska's] COM?"

"Twelve."

"..."

A cat sits on Nestor's laptop: "I'm on your laptop, looking for mice."

We find the remnants of a shattered egg at the center of Omega Sector.

"What hatched?"

"Gurzortah."

Hemelshot confesses to the assassination of Counciler Davies.

"The city can do without me."

and

"There is a bright future for Angelus. Those who strayed from the path won't see it. I knowingly strayed."

Hemelshot is released from prison.

Hemelshot: "I can look myself in the mirror now."

Carpenter: "Welcome home."

Yar on the romance of Tyger and Marcie: "The courtship started in gunfire, let's not have it end that way."

The motto of the Institute of Tomorrow Academy: "One iota can make a difference."

Angelus, two years after the PC defeated Gurzortah: "[Angelus is] built on freedom, cemented in faith, steering towards a brighter future for all."

Last in character line from the campaign --

Yiska Karouk, when asked if he would stay with XSWAT: "I'm done with combat."

My sarcasmometer just spiked. Did anyone elses?

Sorry to give you a false reading. I do indeed enjoy working song lines into casual conversation.

However, I don't know any Led Zeppelin songs, and I suspected that most of the ones I might reference might not be understood....

Sorry to give you a false reading. I do indeed enjoy working song lines into casual conversation.

However, I don't know any Led Zeppelin songs, and I suspected that most of the ones I might reference might not be understood....

*Smacks his sarcasmometer a few times* ....stupid thing never works right....grumble grumble

;)