Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Just came across some notes from a fantasy game a few weeks back:

GM: (Describing the ruler we're trying to overthrow) "For the last 200 years, the Wize One has ruled over the land with wisdom and compassion..."

Player: (nodding) "Gotta put a stop to that." :eg:

And...

"I do whatever the pig's foot tells me." :fear:

Ember, to the Gadget Queen, after seeing her tunnelling device (which lifted a 4-foot-diameter circle, 25-foot-tall column of dirt of the ground):

"Some days you worry me. Those days end in 'Y'."

Gadget Queen, to Captain Unity, in the base of the Super Six, hidden since the late 1950s:

"I am one of the most foolhardy people on the planet, with no percievable sense of self-preservation, and I think pressing the 'Call the President' button is a really bad idea."

We were discussing the possibilities of a new campaign, and it seems Im to run a Mythic Greece Fantasy campaign :D

Here are a few quotes from talking -about- the game that was yo be run.

------

Me: Well, I could run a Mythic Greece game...

Mel: [Newsvoice] Carnage at Carthage! Tablet at Eleven! [/Newsvoice]

-------

Jacob: [Commercial voice] Medusa. Recluse. Gorgon. She turns people to stone who look at her. Lets watch!! [/Commercial voice]

-------

Tom: So its between Mythic Greece, or Star Wars... hmmm...THIS...IS...NABOO!!! :sneaky:

We were discussing the possibilities of a new campaign, and it seems Im to run a Mythic Greece Fantasy campaign :D

Here are a few quotes from talking -about- the game that was yo be run.

------

Me: Well, I could run a Mythic Greece game...

Mel: [Newsvoice] Carnage at Carthage! Tablet at Eleven! [/Newsvoice]

-------

Jacob: [Commercial voice] Medusa. Recluse. Gorgon. She turns people to stone who look at her. Lets watch!! [/Commercial voice]

-------

Tom: So its between Mythic Greece, or Star Wars... hmmm...THIS...IS...NABOO!!! :sneaky:

input.jack, you might want to take a look at Agon which is an RPG specifically for the Greek mythical heroic age (Ulysses, Jason, etc.).

Guest steamteck

You might also look at the old supplement for both Rolemaster and Fantasy hero Mythic Greece, Age of Heroes. Its got to be one of the best setting books ever made. You can often find it on Ebay or Amazon.

You might also look at the old supplement for both Rolemaster and Fantasy hero Mythic Greece' date=' Age of Heroes. Its got to be one of the best setting books ever made. You can often find it on Ebay or Amazon.[/quote']

I have a copy and heartily agree. It was written by Aaron Allston, so you know it will be good!

More Mind over Matter Madness (See Mephron's quote above)

The heroes are trapped in an underground base on "Level X." There is a six hundred foot elevator shaft between them and the carefully crafted exit (Read "hole") they made to get in.

The heroes have no response from Ember, and she's not being particularly chatty, as usual.

Eiko: I think we might be under attack.

Captain Unity: Well, maybe we should arrange a surprise for them.

Gideon: Let's all go up in the elevator, on top of it. Then you won't have to draw fire.

Gideon walks into the elevator, opens the safety hatch, and a government super named Bypass, along with two of her cohorts, is waiting on top of the elevator. Gideon fails his danger sense roll...

Bypass: Sorry, Cowboy. This is the last round-up. (KAPOW)

Gideon got kicked in the head while unaware, thus affording him no protection from combat luck. He took 2x stun from a surprise attack and got pummelled into the elevator wall, which dented. He went from 35 stun to -71 STUN.

Ooops.

Gideon walks into the elevator, opens the safety hatch, and a government named Bypass, along with two of her cohorts, is waiting on top of the elevator. Gideon fails his danger sense roll...

Bypass: Sorry, Cowboy. This is the last round-up. (KAPOW)

Gideon got kicked in the head while unaware, thus affording him no protection from combat luck. He took 2x stun from a surprise attack and got pummelled into the elevator wall, which dented. He went from 35 stun to -71 STUN.

Ooops.

I would think Gideon should be able to thank Bypass for telegraphing her kick, thus effectively negating her surprise. Unless her quote came *after* the kick or was a "thought balloon," that is.

I like her quote, though. I assume it came with a Texas drawl. :)

It's a cinematic standard that any time someone has something cool to say while blindsiding an enemy' date=' it is said either at the same time as the attack, or so immediately ahead of it that there is no time to react.[/quote']

Unless the speaker is Foxbat, I would assume.

"HA!!! Good thing you're not expecting an attack from my Invisible Foxbat Blast-o-Matic! Boy, are YOU in trouble!"

GM: She hit somone with a lamp. You could say she was lightly armed.

Robin (OOC): I could probably find a clip of it online...

Father Marin (OOC): Please don't!

Torchsong (OOC): Penguins are pretty stealthy.

Ghost Eagle (OOC): Like ninjas!

Ghost Eagle (OOC): May cause slight beard.

"I'm from the country of Aundair, home of the greatest wizards and mystics that Khorvaire has ever known. I was trained since I was old enough to speak in the halls of Arcanix, the greatest college arcane that has ever existed. I have dedicated myself to comprehending cosmic forces that have baffled mundane sages for centuries across Eberron ... and yes, this means that I USE BIG WORDS."

While discovering that Prestige's boyfriend has been turned into a massive dog/plant hybrid.

Mrs. Finnegan: I'm not sure, he went up to his room and there were some thumping sounds, and then he came downstairs, and he was bigger, more muscular, and about six foot two, and he ate everything in the fridge, and then he ate the sofa.

Seizure: Mrs. Finnegan, did he put sauce on it...?

Mrs. Finnegan: YES!

Seizure: Damn...my smart aleck comment got derailed by a serious answer.

After Prestige has brought her boyfriend (Who had just been transformed into a dog/plant hybrid humanoid) to the home of her father, Shadow Lord.

Shadow Lord: I know that eventually, you were going to do things like bring your boyfriend over and stuff, but my god, this was NOT what I had in mind!

You might also look at the old supplement for both Rolemaster and Fantasy hero Mythic Greece' date=' Age of Heroes. Its got to be one of the best setting books ever made. You can often find it on Ebay or Amazon.[/quote']

I got mine in 1988, or so (as I recall) ;D

It -is- an amazingly good reference, and I have run the setting in HERO in the past. But this time I wanted to try it in M&M as a "change of flavor" thing. (For one thing, write-ups are MUCH easier in M&M than in HERO).

But its an awesome book, and well worth having :thumbup:

Slyfox (A pc in a game I run) has just suggested to two NPCs that they get pizza... I proceed with the following:

There is a shimmering in the fabric of reality itself, a bell like toll that is only heard by the mind and not the ear. Then, there stands a figure, humanoid yet radiating the power cosmic, much like the Examiner, but this is not that being. To their mere mortal eyes, this golden skinned being in flowing blue tabard and breaches has numerous symbols drifting about him , text minus the page, small letters and numbers in a million .languages...

The being speaks, "Before your world had cooled, I was. Before your star was alight, I was. Long have I drifted, made eternal by one purpose-one over riding drive, from place to place, world to work, time to time. I come to fill the niche all the universe cries for: To Deliver Pizza in a timely fashion for reasonable prices to beings of power, such as yourself. I am known by many names, but some call me LORD 'ZA!"

Slyfox's response?

"Are you telling me that you are some sort of cosmic god who's sole purpose is to deliver pizza? Brother, when they were handing out cosmic power, you must've been in the john or something..."

Slyfox (A pc in a game I run) has just suggested to two NPCs that they get pizza... I proceed with the following:

There is a shimmering in the fabric of reality itself, a bell like toll that is only heard by the mind and not the ear. Then, there stands a figure, humanoid yet radiating the power cosmic, much like the Examiner, but this is not that being. To their mere mortal eyes, this golden skinned being in flowing blue tabard and breaches has numerous symbols drifting about him , text minus the page, small letters and numbers in a million .languages...

The being speaks, "Before your world had cooled, I was. Before your star was alight, I was. Long have I drifted, made eternal by one purpose-one over riding drive, from place to place, world to work, time to time. I come to fill the niche all the universe cries for: To Deliver Pizza in a timely fashion for reasonable prices to beings of power, such as yourself. I am known by many names, but some call me LORD 'ZA!"

Slyfox's response?

"Are you telling me that you are some sort of cosmic god who's sole purpose is to deliver pizza? Brother, when they were handing out cosmic power, you must've been in the john or something..."

Wow, Hermit, I didn't peg you for a drug user...