Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Our group’s Martial Artist, after being challenged to an ‘honorable combat’ by his arch-nemesis:

“Yeah, I’ll be there, but I can’t promise I’ll be on time, and I can’t promise I’ll be entirely sober.â€

Guest Starhawk1209

Maybe it's just me' date=' but... this game sounds [i']awful[/i]. I mean, like, not fun. From what you've described, it sounds like the GM plays favorites and the (only?) other player actively tries to make trouble. Please tell me it's better than it seems.

Hey,

No the game was actually very good. The Gm might have had a soft spot in his heart for that character, but the character was pretty essential. Besides the two characters were best friends ( in the game ). Had been through hell and back. The whole group had 8 people in it. These were the two longest playing characters. The others, having made character changes as the game went on. This game actually lasted for several years of playing. There was little that we had not done (or, is that accused of doing haha ).

Was a great game and I , being the receipiant of the skycycle didn't mind it that badly in retrospect.

I still, to this day believe it was a test by the UBer Great power that had noticed 'us'. So I believe, that had he not 'won' that little battle of wills, then there would have been great consequences to that character and to 'us' as a whole.

I should point out, that later on Cos did kick Pyramid's butt when he truly had to. A Mind Controlled Pyramid is a bad thing after all.

I have to say, that this GM was very inventive and knew the game well. Had fantastic story telling abilities and so I would rate him as a 10 out of 10 easily.

I have to say' date=' that this GM was very inventive and knew the game well. Had fantastic story telling abilities and so I would rate him as a 10 out of 10 easily.[/quote']Okay, good.

Because he sounds like a putz. :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

The scene: Jasmine, a Supergirl type (pre-Crisis) has been captured by Teleios, the Perfect Man. She has just regained consciousness thoroughly bound, but able to look about and speak.

Jasmine: All right, but you're forgetting one thing.

Teleios: Really? And what is that?

(15d6 of Heat Vision)

All right, it's not original, and I wouldn't mention it except that I walked right into it.

From last Friday night's Vampire game.

Said by Lyn, a blood-bound childe, after her sire has called and asked her to bring his spare set of car keys to his location:

“I was not laughing. I was doing my darnedest to stifle it.â€

Doc

In last Sunday's D&D game, the group traveled to distant town to find a particular sage who was also a hermit. They didn't know where exactly the sage was, though, so Reef the monk, decided to ask for directions. Nearby was an older man sweeping dirt off his doorstep, so Reef goes up to him and strikes up a conversation. The old man was rather rude to Reef, and ended up telling the monk to go away!

After the door slammed in Reef's face, the monk's player looked at me (the DM), paused, and then said, "I kick dirt onto his doorstep!"

Now that was funny!

Mags

My character, the Masked Archer, was at the New York World's Fair (It's a Golden Age game). He tried to bring down a fleeing felon with his newly developed *experimental* Mummification Arrow, but accidentally hit the unfortunate ice cream vendor.

The half-orc barbarian in my sturday DND game is basicly a brick. Good in a fight, and that's it. Big arms...big axe...big debt in the mental department (8 int, 6 wis, 6 cha)

The following exchange was made last week shortly after the Barbarian fell victim to a blindness/deafness spell...

H-OB: I wish my brother was here. He's good in a fight. Carries a big axe. Dumb as a rock though...

Josh: Waitaminute...you think that your brother is dumb? Compared to what?

Arandmoor

"I accidentally mummified an ice cream vendor."

Okay, that's it! The Masked Arrow is now hunted by my PC Afreet--who once failed 5 perception rolls while a super battle raged around her (bodies flying past, that sort of thing) while she stared, enraptured, at the side of an ice cream truck and tried to decide what to buy.

The battle was over before she decided.

Well, okay. Not hunted, but definitely WATCHED.

From a quick D&D pickup game ...

I was describing a shop the PCs entered ... it was a haberdashery, but all that was already made were cloaks. Dozens of cloaks, all done in shades of very-light-blue and white. Some with embroidered designs resembling icicles, some with snowflakes ... some fur-trimmed, some not. Eventually, one of the players falls into my trap and asks the haberdasher why all his clothes have arctic themes.

"I'm an ice-cape artist." (Say it aloud.)

At which point, the players cast Dice Storm on me.