Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

In a hero system fantasy martial arts run, the gm was introducing an NPC. exacte statement

"across the tournament feild you see the biggest asian man that you have ever even heard of , hes like... 5'6" " it took about 10 minutes for all of us to stop rolling on the floor.

In a hero system fantasy martial arts run, the gm was introducing an NPC. exacte statement

"across the tournament feild you see the biggest asian man that you have ever even heard of , hes like... 5'6" " it took about 10 minutes for all of us to stop rolling on the floor.

Hm... could've sworn Yao Ming was taller than that...

This happened in the last game for my group. The team was punted to an apocolyptic future and we were trying to decide how to get into the Mega-city without getting caught. As the only non-permanantly powered person on the team as well as having no technical super powers (Green Arrow clone), My character commented:

Me: "Look, just find a copy of the drug they give the citizens to pump me up with and let me go in. I'm the only one here that has no super powers to hide"

Other PC: "I beg to differ! Well.. you're right, but I still beg to differ!"

Of course the fact that the other PC has yet to reveal what it is he can do yet made that comment all the more humorous.

In the GURPS "Firefly" (sci-fi) campaign that I'm in, our ship landed on our doctor's home planet. He was immeadiately kidnapped by the locals and moved to a secret location. The rest of the crew did some digging and discovered that our seemingly poor doctor was the son of the richest family on the planet. He had inherited everything, but had been declared dead by the trustee so he could keep everything (the doctor hadn't been on the planet for 7 years, he ran off to fight for the losers of the browncoat/alliance war and was thought to be dead).

So the group assaults the place he's being held, frees him and rushes towards the hospital (while being pursued) so he can be genetically scanned and have his identity confirmed when this thoughtful, sensitive exchange took place:

Doctor: Where are we going? Why did those men kidnap me? What's going on?!?

Engineer: Your old buddy planned on killing you to keep you from inheriting your family's empire and taking it from him. You're rich! You own half this planet! Isn't that shiny?

Doctor: Wait ... my parents are dead?

Engineer: Um, yeah. Sorry about that. I guess I kinda skipped past that part.

Some good ones from Saturday's session:

Before the game started:

GM: "I have misplaced my zombies, my hovertanks, and my mecha."

During battle, Segment 10, DEX 26:

GM: "Damn! I forgot to fire at you!"

Later the same battle, going through the players' Actions:

GM: "Neutron."

Player: "I'm Holding my Action."

GM: "Sentinel, who is currently dead. . .Solar."

Even later, same battle:

GM: "The mecha launches a missle spread at you. What's your DCV?"

Player: "Ten."

GM: "Damn!"

Player: (chuckles)

GM: (rolls dice) "Hah! He hit anyway!"

Player: "You suck."

From the rogue-type in my fantasy hero campaign, comes this real winner:

"You can't swing a dead merchant's purse around here without hitting a few Nightcloaks!"

(Nightcloaks being the term for thieves in my campaign and the city they were in was fairly ... heavy with them.)

Ooh, my fighter had the quote of the week a few weeks ago and this last week.

home brewed world.

Priest of Thufur, the Travelling God is trying to protect a village from a mummy (ie Turning it).

The mummy does not get turned

Younger (PC) Priest: "It didn't work"

Magnyr (my fighter): "Of course it didn't the village doesnt move!"

Last week:

DM: Okay you finish you night of drinking and whoring...

Me: WHAT!?!! THere was whorring? I only drank!"

Last weeks game was a pickup as we were down some players.. The duties of GM are shared by a Husband and Wife team. She ran, they have a moderately elaborate backstory. Part of it invovled a Teen Supers group (most Supers disappeared from the campaign world some time back, Teen Supers are now the norm) that were supposed to be NPCs only. We decided to flesh them out and turn them into One Off PCs for the night.

We had three players to take over part of the group, which was eight strong at the begining, the GM described them all so we could choose which one we wanted to play -

They include some archetypes (real name/super hero ID):

Valmont/Shadowmist (the goth); Nicko (the jock); Brian/Acalrity (the punk); Davon/Dayglo (the geek); Tiffany/Pixie (the cheerleader); Alex/Vertigo (The prep); Blaze/Culchanan (the exchange student); Sasha/Psion (The smart/sexy girl).

the quote:

"We're not a superteam, we're an 80s movie!" -I forget which one of us said that... maybe all of us at once.

Re: Kubla-con Quotes

During Derek's Challenge o/t Superfriends game:

The hero's had to foil the Legion of Doom's plot on Uranus . . . which of course led to MANY quotes and helpless laughter I'm sure we'll get into. However, my favorite set involved finding an alternate word to use so we didn't have to say things like "I break through the crust on Uranus and plunge into it's watery bowels" . . .

Flash: "Just say 'the 8th planet'"

Green Lantern: "But that's Neptune."

Flash: "I'm not Batman! "

Batman: "What was that?"

Flash: "I said we should call it the 8th planet."

Batman: " . . . but that's Neptune."

Flash: "I said that I'm not YOU!!"

In a D&D 3.5 game, one player is running a shadowdancer (a prestige class) who just summoned his first shadow companion. One of the house rules in this game is that each player is responsible for rolling dice for his familiar, animal companion, henchman, or other being of that sort. So, after the shadowdancer failed a Spot check, the player rolled for the shadow companion and made it. The GM commented, "Well, the Shadow knows ...."

Quotes from my KublaCon game

The game was entitled, "Detention!", and centered around the superheroic students of New Atlantis (formerly San Francisco: if Darren can blow up Detroit, I can remake his home town :) ) High School having to find and defeat Mechanon.

Mechanon, built by Dr. Professor Professordoctorkaiser to be his attendant, but whose nuclear power was replaced by an anchovy pizza. This is why he hates all organic life.

No, it's not exactly the most serious of games.

One character is the Atomic Kid, who is the leader of the rock band, Louder Than God! The player realized that he could be in Unmasked Identity (that is, Secret) and open for his own band:

"Now opening for 'Louder than God!', 'We're Cool Toooooo!'"

"Oh, you look great! My dog had a sweater just like that!"

"I sense a disturbance in the marshmellow cream."

"You're not hidden to pudding vision!"

"So, you're going to do a Drain on all Anchovy Based Powers?"

"Curse You Derek!!!" (related to the fact that the Uranus jokes continued into my game the next day. There's nothing funny about Uranus. :uranus: )

Atomic Kid: "I bonded with Ruby."

Ruby: "I was tricked."

"Don't touch it! It's pure evil!" (in reference to a slice of Anchovy Pizza)

"No, you're Javaman. Mr. Swift is over there."

"Daddy, destroy all life on Earth."

During part of the game, the Gray Falcon was sneaking about under the tables in the cafeteria. He was attacked by a ninja clinging to the bottom of a table, who had of course gone unseen by the rest of the school.

Early on, Fidget commented that he was going to the Prom, and would have to change his socks. This lead to the horror that is Toejam, the Living Sock, who lives in Fidget's hollowed out Science! book in his locker. He has to be fed or things get ugly.

"The Old Country, like, Fresno."

Atomic Kid: "You wanna help me grow up?"

Ruby: "You already help yourself enough."

The Gray Falcon would train each day by running through the Gauntlet of Girls, as his fellow students tried to touch him.

Sorceress: "Do you know what Daddy did to get me this dress?!"

Heckler: "Slept with Versacce."

"She didn't throw the first salad."

"My sock ate my book."

At one point, Ruby kicked a puppy in the cafeteria while Iishiro Moshi looked on. The camera focused in on his feet. Shortly, the bowl of rice, now empty, hit the floor. Then, his chopsticks. The camera pans back up, and there stands the Gray Falcon, Hero of New Atlantis. Ready to protect puppies everywhere!

Anchovy Pizza: the source of all hatred.

The evil Toejam, wanting a piece of Pure Hatred for itself, rode "Stupid Mutt, the Wonder Dog" into battle.

Next game: Our Guidance Councilor, Our Enemy!

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly a quote, but amusing just the same...

In our last Champions game (Friday, June 18) some villains had disabled the security on the base and come through a hole in the roof left by a previous battle. There was a mentalist, a cold-based energy projector (Jane Frost), and a battle-suit called Stegosaurus. One of the heroes is a 7' tall Terminator-style robot. Well, as he comes charging up the stairs, the villains hear him coming. What they don't known is that the stairwell is spiral with a hollow shaft down the middle so that the flyers can use that to go up and down the floors (the building is 4 stories high with two sub-levels).

So, hearing the robot behind the door, Stegosaurus goes charging through the door, hoping to catch them off-guard. His move-through does more than enough body to smash through the door... only he missed the robot. So he keeps going... doing enough damage to break through the safety-rails over the central shaft. There's a loud "Aaaaaaaaa!! as he plummets down the shaft.

That same phase, Frost flies over to see the big robot standing in the now broken doorway, and fires at it. She hits squarely, doing just enough knockback to send IT on a plummet down the shaft too. Three segments later, the Stegosaurus hits the hard floor for 15d6 damage, then immediately takes 15d6 more as the robot crashes on top of him.

Awhile back, our group was playing our bi-monthly (that other system) game.

The party comes upon a deceased dark elf, who was obviously mortally wounded elsewhere then crawled to where we found him before expiring.

After the DM describes all this, one of the other players looks at me and says, "So he was still alive when he died?" :rofl:

My wife is playing a wild mage hero with a flying panther ... the group looks to the city where a villain is running rampant. One of the characters looks to her and asks is she can fly there. Her reply: "Of course I can silly, I have a cat."

Same group, just lasty week ... new player brings in an alien brick. The group, not sure of what his power level is, send him to spar with the group's powerhouse. He asks: "This is a test?"

The powerhouse says nothing, but rather fires an energy blast at him.

Dusting himself off, the alien says: "Oh ... it's that kind of test" and belts the powerhouse into stunned world ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, playing Post-Apocalypse Hero, our group was musing about the idea of replacing my 20-year old Battlemat.

Looking at the ancient ink stains, accidental indelible ink marks, ground-in grease pencil, etc., the same player I mentioned previously goes, "I've died all over this mat!"

Guess we'll keep it awhile longer. :)

Last night, Klytus is the DM, DocMan is playing a martial artist, and I'm playing a 13-year-old girl whose powers just manifested a couple of months ago. All I knew at the time is that she could fly. Now it turns out that she's a brick with some sort of mental powers. This comment was not to, from or about any of these characters, which is why I mention them. :)

I had left the room for a minute, and I come back in to hear the GM saying to Foxfire (energy projector with blue flame powers, kind of like foxfire but not electrically based): Ok, so you foof him with your suit...

I think it was a typo, because she's attacking a guy in power armor, which our group calls "suits".

Never mind. I guess you had to be there.