Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From Monday's Champions game:

Our Heroes return from a week in Faerie to find they’ve been gone nearly 2 months. Among other things, Whisper has missed his daughter’s birthday.

Promethean: “I smell pony.”

Whisper’s SID is a Howard Stern-esque radio shock jock. Now that they’re back on Earth, he immediately starts trying to line up guests for his next show.

Whisper: [dials cell phone] “Brittany? Ready to come out as a lesbian yet? No?” [hangs up, redials] “Christina? Ready to come out as a lesbian yet? No?” [hangs up]

Built To Last: (who is male)I’ll come out as a lesbian on your show!”

...and he did. So the whole world now thinks that inside the power armor, Built To Last is a lesbian. :straight: Combined with the taped interview with Norse goddess Freyja that Whisper brought back from Faerie, and the fact that he made his Oratory roll by something like 8...

GM: “Best. Show. Ever!”

Later, Enigma hunts for information.

Enigma: [to Whisper] “Have you heard of the Blue Club?”

Whisper: “Sure!”

GM: [to Whisper] “You’ve never heard of it.”

Whisper: “Yeah, of course I have!” [aside to his Trusty Sound Engineer] “Find out everything you can about some place called the Blue Club.”

Inertia explains why she didn’t trust BTL initially.

Inertia: “He kept trying to get women into his van.”

BTL: “I only did that once.”

Inertia: “Yes, but I told the story many times.”

The Heroes are trying to meet with Lt. Col. Janeiro, their primary contact at PRIMUS, who is in the dog house (partly for being too close to Our Heroes) and has recently been transferred to the budget office. Inertia’s SID, Meredith, is a reporter (which is known to Janeiro)...

Inertia: “I call her up as Meredith, say I’m doing a story on PRIMUS budget and procurement, and ask to set up an interview.”

GM: “Great idea! Colonel Janeiro says she’d be happy to meet with you..." [realization sets in, GM's face falls] "...except she’s not allowed to talk to the press."

Enigma: “Another brilliant plan foiled by bureaucracy.”

Enforcer84: Red Baroness? I have an image of a red leather clad, glasses wearing, raven tressed super terrorist....

I like that.

ghost-angel: Obviously she works for VIPER.

Yeah, all the hot babes in fetish gear work for VIPER -- that's why they never run out of recruits...

Matt "Sign-me-up" Frisbee

First time Champions group, first time HERO group, second playing session.

The group speedster (Hurrican) investigates a ruckus in the alley and discovers a werewolf type creature. As he speeds past, it catches his scent. "Now it knows I'm here, so I might as well beat it up."

Armadilla [into her radio communicator]: Rising Son, what are you doing?

Rising Son: Rescuing people. I'm on the second floor with a bunch of bloody bodies.

Armadilla: I suggest you rescue the live ones.

"It's Jabba the Hutt on Rogaine"

One of the PCs has an affinity for moving on the rooftops. After a brief separation, the three heroes reunite. The speedster can run up the building to where the roof topper is but the third cannot. The roof topper (Rising Son) suggests the speester carry the third party member up to the roof top.

GM (me): It appears Rising Son has a psychological limitation: must remain on roof tops/cannot move on ground level.

GM (me): It appears Rising Son has a psychological limitation: must remain on roof tops/cannot move on ground level.
I am so going to have to use that for a character of mine. Probably a slightly inept character who's just getting used to the hero biz. Repped!

What's funny is I have a teen hero who this could be applied to in the future. I also have a PC who patrols the city via the rooftops, but she doesn't have any adverse effects for leaving the roofs (she leaps, so it's much easier that way than going by street).

From ProdigyDuck's supers game:

------------

[Red Ronin is a bad liar. Shes trying to sneak out past her roomate. Lets watch]

Ray-Jay: Hey, where y'all goin at three in the mornin?

Red Ronin: I have to...go buy...some...feminine products! >.<

--------------

Winged Avenger: Im comfortable with people knowing who I am, so long as I can trust them.

Facade: But how do you know you can trust us, when youve only just met us?

Red Ronin: Are we gonna have to do one of those "falling exercises"?

--------------

[Myrmidon explains that his battlesuit allows him to shrink]

Red Ronin: Youd think that if a suit was able to shrink, it would....hurt. :help:

-------------

Red Ronin: Are there lawyers in your dimension? I mean, I know there's Demons.....

--------------

Red Ronin: My Dad did this job one for this guy, "Mister Roboto". It was horrible; robots everywhere! Then he got busted, and now hes in jail, and getting sued by Styx!

-------------

GM: So, the presence of a Lich doesnt scare Adramirra?

Shadowmistress (OOC): No, Adramirra isnt frightened. She is one of the scary things that goes bump in the night; shes just wrapped in a much prettier package! :cool:

-------------

Red Ronin (OOC): Shes in jeans, Doc Martin boots, and a t-shirt that says "999; Evil when I do handstands"

The Teen Champions group confronts Merger, an animal-hybrid woman who stole Striking Tiger's DNA, and Callisto, an occultist who'd summoned Singirl to try to steal her powers, but Singirl tricked her and left her in a hell dimension surrounded by angry succubi. Callisto returns tricked out with demonic powers of her own, and pissed off.

Brick punches Callisto, and she realizes a hasty retreat is in order. After Callisto vanishes in a puff of brimstone, Singirl gloats, "If you can't stand the heat, stay outta the hell-dimension."

Funny quote from a PbP I play in:

DM:

Nitro grabs the hand as tightly as possible, and pulls against the struggling motor. Nekro flies towards Nitro, but the rope breaks as Nekro hits the building, then bounces off, flipping in the air and landing on his head. Nitro is left holding the Zombie's hand and some of the cord. (Nekro is down)

Nitro: "And to think of how ugly you were already! You should probably get a hook- chicks dig the pirate look- you might meet a nice zombie lady and abandon this life of crime."

"Lady Liberty, Nekro is down. Do you need a hand?"

From the past weekend's Firefly-esque Traveller game -- turns out the food packs our heroes bought at a bargain are a little past their freshness dates...

Shep: Hey! Who locked the head?

Nero: It's locked? That means my software patch on the security program worked!

Shep (to Nero): I don't care how well you fixed the security program! Just get it to unlock the gorram head before I soil myself!

**Rav fires a shotgun blast into the lock mechanism causing Shep to blow his Constitution roll.**

Rav (opening the door): There you go. Problem solved.

Shep: Actually, the problem solved itself when you fired that damn thing. (Turns to Nero) At least tell me the shower works?

Matt "Yeah-we-went-there" Frisbee

Shep: Hey! Who locked the head?

Nero: It's locked? That means my software patch on the security program worked!

Shep (to Nero): I don't care how well you fixed the security program! Just get it to unlock the gorram head before I soil myself!

**Rav fires a shotgun blast into the lock mechanism causing Shep to blow his Constitution roll.**

Rav (opening the door): There you go. Problem solved.

Shep: Actually, the problem solved itself when you fired that damn thing. (Turns to Nero) At least tell me the shower works?

Pretty funny. I think I would have laughed my arse off had someone beein in the head at the time. :snicker: "Oh, that's why it was locked."

[Red Ronin is a bad liar. Shes trying to sneak out past her roomate. Lets watch]

Ray-Jay: Hey, where y'all goin at three in the mornin?

Red Ronin: I have to...go buy...some...feminine products! >.<

:lol:That's my standard excuse for any female character trying to get past most any male character. I originally stole it from an episode of, believe it or not, Major Dad. The butch female Gunnery Sergeant is recruited for some secret mission or whatever, and needs an excuse to get away from her male co-workers: "It's a...female problem, Sir." And all the big macho marines take a step back, hands raised, and utter "Say no more!" :D

I know it works on me in real life...

A few from the Sequoia City Slayer game

--------------

Jinx (OOC): So, Shawna's parents pretty much let her do whatever she wants to, as long as theres the illusion of propriety?

GM: Yeah, basically. She gets good grades, and there arent any moves of ehr on the internet...

Teddi (OOC): And her Dad's been looking! :sneaky:

-----------

Jinx: Thats just what I get for

eating cake and then masturbating...

------------

Desmond (Watcher): The culprit is a being called an "Efreet". They are powerful, mystical beings capable of altering reality, if commanded to do so. They occasionally use food, as a means of carrying their spells, or to take over someones body....

Jinx: Huh. Good thing I only had the one piece of evil cake then, huh?

--------------

GM: But, if you kill all the Vampires, then the Werewolves and the Zombies will take over! The ecology of the supernatural is a delicate balance!

Teddi (OOC): Im not talking to you anymore. :straight:

---------------

[Jinx has been reliving her birthday. She has discovered that a "Mysterious Man" is the one responsible for putting the Efreet in her birthday cake. Its interpretation of her birthday wish "I wish I could always be as happy as I am right now" resulted in the day repeating.]

Teddi: *stepping on Mystery Man's jugular* Who are you?

Mystery Man: *looking at Jinx* I work for your father

Jinx: My father?!?

Mystery Man: Yes...he wanted to give you a gift...

Jinx: We have this thing called "FED EX"!

Another limousine from earlier (the one with the sticky note) had blown up. We had finished at our current location, and taken our host's limousine to meet up with the others.

Sean McGuffin: Hey, let me drive!

Father Martin: No.

Sean McGuffin: Well, I can at least do better than you're doin'... wait, do you hear something beeping or see any blinking lights?

Heroes are sitting around watching TV when a call comes over thier 'help' line. The GM hands a small 3 x 5 note card with the message written on it to the player who answers the phone. There is a short silence as the card is read. The other Players are waiting. The player looks up at the GM, then the other Players and back to the GM.

"Excuse me, do you mean that there is a pack giant 'bogs' or 'dogs' on the loose?"

Howls of laughter at the thought of huge, man eating toilets rampaging through streets hits everybody at the same time.