Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Persons unknown have put up a million dollar reward on capturing The Spectre alive, with a deadline of 6 days.

plans are discussed. Including the possibility of stashing him away in the Storm Lord's pocket afterlife for a week. The company - all the previous incumbents - leaves something to be desired.

Previous Storm Lord : "I was the Storm Lord for a week! A week!"

The Spectre : "Well, at least you got a reward out of it."

PSL : *scoffing* "Yeah, black eternity with only other Storm Lords to talk to"

The Spectre : "Well how do you know you weren't destined for Hell?"

PSL : " .... good point."

Amongst those attempting to claim the prize is Laser, who The Spectre has been up against before. Since then, however, The Spectre has grown even faster, and even learnt a few little magic tricks off of 3's people the Tanashim. Some wrestling ensues with Laser trying to drop a grenade, and the Spectre holding his hand shut, etc, but eventually the rest of the PCs available turn up and Laser decides that survival is the better part of valour.

Laser
, prone, pinned, and about to have
Vitus
's Elephant Prod (like a cattle prod, but worse) rammed up his nose : I surrender!

Vitus : *
surly, and clearly annoyed that the man is still able to talk and thus give up
* Spoilsport.

The Spectre : Hey! Vitus accepted a surrender! He gets ice cream!

and later, discussing other ways for the Spectre being sacrificed as a major source of death energy.

The Spectre : Not unless you can raise the dead.

Vitus, without looking up : I'm working on it.

Eventually, the Spectre decides he'll be safest in protective custody at PRIMUS, and the Big Bad decides to send thru a half-dozen Leeches into his room to get him.

The Spectre, being swamped by the things, as the rest of us try to get the cell door open and help him : Hey! THis is MY cell! Occupancy : One!

Vitus : No visitors after midnight!

And in an unrelated incident, Vitus is told more about Earth religions

The Spectre : Hinduism, the last great polytheism. Altho there is Taoism, too, but that's more a theological Mafia.

Vitus has started self-defence classes for his students, and they're gathering in the Danger Room.

The Spectre
: "We have a Danger Room?"

Vitus
: "The one we moved all the furniture out of."

Vitus hands out the Nerf Bats, and starts explaining the importance of not being distracted during combat. At this prearranged signal, 3 walks stark naked across the room. As the students goggle, Vitus clubs the nearest across the head.

"Conversely, it is also important to remain aware of your surroundings during combat. Such as that over there." *pointing to an entirely blank wall*

When they look, he clubs them again.

Part of the rest of Vitus's orientation lecture." If any of my companions tell you to do something,you will do it. For example, if the caretaker asks you to do something, you will do it." (frantic hanhd waving and head shaking from the caretaker-Spectre- standing behind Vitus) " If my consort 3 asks you to do something, you will do it." (Mouths hanging open on the two male students, shocked look from one female student, smug look from the other, as Felicity reminds him AGAIN about the laws on swx with a minor. After making sure that the two female students and two male students are on seperate floors.)

FRom the other game run by Weldun " I love it when a player does exactly as expected."

After a character has upset a young, Akira type telekinetic, while the party was in the secure, military installation on floor 30 of a large building.

The entire floor including the windows was "rearranged and redecorated" immediately after by an explosion in the centre of the floor.

FRom the other game run by Weldun " I love it when a player does exactly as expected."

After a character has upset a young, Akira type telekinetic, while the party was in the secure, military installation on floor 30 of a large building.

The entire floor including the windows was "rearranged and redecorated" immediately after by an explosion in the centre of the floor.

I only pointed out to Fred that friends don't hurt friends, that there was other stuff in the universe apart from himself and the D.O.C.T.O.R that kept zapping him whenever he was naughty!

how was I supposed to know that Fred was a monstrously powerful 6-foot embryo in a sensory deprivation tank?

Father Martin: (ooc) Okay, while we're talking to Mrs. Atkins, I use my Sleight of Hand (17-) to magically put my hand on Ashnah's, er... "Stephi's" butt.

Robin Fletcher: (ooc) are you crazy?! She phased her hand and grabbed your kidneys last time...

FM: (ooc) I know. But she presence attacked me with her hotness, remember? I have to.

Robin Fletcher: (ooc) It'll grow back...

FM: (ooc) ..yeah, but it still hurts. Besides, so long as I don't fumble...

The roll is made... *clatter*

FM: Oh crap... 18. *whimper*

Session 3 of Daybreak Rising.

Michael (OOC, after being told the mysterious enemy is covered in spikes): "Whatever it is, it's first name is 'dire'!"

Patris: So... no one has any prior experience fighting demons?"

Veskar on his knowledge of how to kill demons and devils: "The kitchen staff talk."

GM: "The kitchen staff?"

Veskar: It's very hot in the kitchen."

Several people after being told the enemies have yellow blood. "It bleeds. We can kill it."

Michael's advice to the attacking devils: "Eat the wizards, the fighters are tough and stringy."

GM: "[Ragnar's] wound is poisoned."

Michael's OOC advice to Sir Patris on how to employ his Paramedics. "Suck [the poison] out."

Steve (Patris): Where'd [Ragnar] get hit?"

Nestor (Ragnar): *stands and slaps his rear*

"The nexus chainsaw massacre."

Raganr: "Remember that delay I had? I want to turn it into a dive for cover."

Zafira says the worst thing possible a mage can say: "Oops."

Patris see the dice the GM is picking up: "Wah! What's all that?"

"You are now clinging face-first onto the wall."

Josh on Zafira's spell: "It's a precision attack."

Nestor: "Not anymore."

Michael on Zafira's Side Effects: "I'm going to write on the front of her tunic: 'this side toward enemy'."

GM to Grady: "What's your DCV?"

Grady: "I have introduced you to my friends Jack and sh*t?"

Nestor: "And Jack's left town."

Grady (Shen Yu): "If I have to bring down the down the Force Wall with my own limp carcass, so be it."

The PC's have just rescued a halfling child from an evil undead creating priest. The halfling is tied up with an apple stuffed in her mouth.

Blazenar (Halfling PC): I move over to the halfling and take the apple out of her mouth.

Halfling Child (Sobbing...): He ate food in front of me...(Wailing...) For hours...(Sobbing...) He ate food in front of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Setting: A home-brewed version of Theives' World -- and the home city is being invaded by demonic ratlings under the control of a colony of wererats. My character (Rakir) has just managed to drown one of the underlings, but has taken a token from the victim that transforms him into a wererat as well! Zolen is the party mage and is just catching up to the action...

GM: Zolen turns the corner and sees a big hairy thing with a long nose wearing Rakir's armor!

Zolen (OoC): Oh great, the party's fighter is now a wererat!

Rakir (OoC): Wererat? **Stands and menaces Zolen's player with a snarl while assuming a Hispanic accent.** I ain't no stinkin' wererat! I'M A WERE-CAPYBARA!!

GM: *Sighs while shaking head!* Okay, a rat by any other name...

Matt "Dirty-rat" Frisbee

From our Pulp Hero game:

This quote pretty much defines both the game and our characters:

Rutger: What's the plan?

Robert: We kick down the door and march in.

Enzo: Yeah, 'cause that plan has worked so well for us so far. :rolleyes:

Robert: Do you have a better plan?

Rutger: Nope, sounds good. Let's go! :thumbup:

Robert: Is this fight gonna be even odds, or more like fifty-to-one?

Rutger: I like your definition of "even odds". :nonp:

Questioning a Chinese pirate after we broke his nose with the butt of a gun:

Enzo: This rifle has two ends... and so do you. :eg:

Sailing towards the pirate island, and Robert is feeling a little seasick...

Rutger: Are you OK?

Robert: Once I manage to keep one of these gin & tonics down, I'll be just fine. :sick:

Best pulpy moment of the game. Taro (think Kato from the Green Hornet) is on the roof fighting a gangster, and kicks him in the head. The gangster plummets off the roof into the alley where the rest of us are waiting in the car.

Enzo: I pop the trunk so he lands in it. Then we drive off. Instant prisoner! :D

From my Fantasy Hero game:

The wizard has just cast a "Giant's Size" spell on one of the warriors. Plus-sized warror picks up Finn (a fellow warrior and prepares to hurl him over the melee at the main bad guy (currently hiding behind an army of undead mooks).

GM: Roll your attack to see if you hit the bad guy, or the wall behind the bad guy...

Finn: Please, please do me the honor of going full offensive? :fear:

:rofl:

Amongst those attempting to claim the prize is Laser' date=' who The Spectre has been up against before. Since then, however, The Spectre has grown even faster, and even learnt a few little magic tricks off of [b']3[/b]'s people the Tanashim. Some wrestling ensues with Laser trying to drop a grenade, and the Spectre holding his hand shut, etc, but eventually the rest of the PCs available turn up and Laser decides that survival is the better part of valour.

Laser
, prone, pinned, and about to have
Vitus
's Elephant Prod (like a cattle prod, but worse) rammed up his nose : I surrender!

Vitus : *
surly, and clearly annoyed that the man is still able to talk and thus give up
* Spoilsport.

The Spectre : Hey! Vitus accepted a surrender! He gets ice cream!

and later, discussing other ways for the Spectre being sacrificed as a major source of death energy.

The Spectre : Not unless you can raise the dead.

Vitus, without looking up : I'm working on it.

Eventually, the Spectre decides he'll be safest in protective custody at PRIMUS, and the Big Bad decides to send thru a half-dozen Leeches into his room to get him.

The Spectre, being swamped by the things, as the rest of us try to get the cell door open and help him : Hey! THis is MY cell! Occupancy : One!

Vitus : No visitors after midnight!

And in an unrelated incident, Vitus is told more about Earth religions

The Spectre : Hinduism, the last great polytheism. Altho there is Taoism, too, but that's more a theological Mafia.

All great quotes.

Eberron game.

My character, a highly tanked-out Warforged, moves in front of the cleric during the onslaught of some Dire Wolves. He beats my initiative, though, and immediately steps in front of me so he can cast Searing Light.

"You're not getting this whole 'bodyguard' thing, are you?"

================

"The Warforged is a flamer?"

"Flamite. Followers of the Silver Flame are Flamites."

================

"What kind of plating would a Warforged Bard have?"

"Adam-Ant." :D

================

"Cover your ass!"

" ... I'm a warforged. I don't even HAVE an ass."

Another player and I start a discussion on his character background for his martial artist character during the drive home. It literally starts this way...

Player1: Is there a "technical term" for jumping up in the air and landing on someone's head with your butt and farting on them?

Player2 (me): :nonp: Uh... no, I don't think so. Why?

P1: Well, I was thinking about my character history.

P2: :snicker: And how is that relevant to your character history?

P1: Well, I have a hunted.

P2: :lol: What?

P1: I figure that's why I'm not allowed back at the Kumite...

:rofl: I couldn't really keep it together after that...

Player1: Is there a "technical term" for jumping up in the air and landing on someone's head with your butt and farting on them?

The generic term is "DFA".

Though some prefer the slang terms 'stink-bomb' or 'brown nose'.

There's also the florid expression from Chinese that translates loosely as 'Feeding the Belching Fat Man in Flight'.

And of course, there's the Mystery Man who has his own copyrighted expression, 'The Flying Headspleen".

It was late' date=' there weren't many cars on the road or I would have rear-ended someone for sure. :D[/quote']

Oh. Yeah. 'rear-ended' is another term for the maneuver. ;)

I forgot that one.

Anyway, enough derailing.

Only a couple quotes from BigDamnHero's last session of The Defenders.

Infiltrating a DEMON hideout. . . a magical trap has been triggered and one of use succumbs to the (Powerful) effects of a river of blood drowning you. Luckily it's Built To Last, who is in Powered Armor with Life Support. When he manages to stand back up:

Inertia: Did you see Pat Benetar too?!?

Two DEMON cultists come out to collect what the believe are unconscious bodies to see the three heroes standing there.

Enigma: Boo.

We each have an action, but they aren't in hand-to-hand range so Built To Last does nothing. Inertia hits them with a kinetic blast. The GM turns to Enigma:

Enigma: I throw Built To Last at them.

And finally, into the main room where DEMON is performing a ritual, eleven of them and three of us.

Built To Last: I'd offer you the chance to surrender, but I really hope you don't.

Once again, Vitus has had to deal with people who refuse to believe in magic. How many times has he had to test this assertion, empirically, on them?

As we wait for them to regain conciousness, he complains.

Vitus
:mad:
: "Of course I've got magic, I got rid of those annoying Eurostar vermin, didn't I? And they've never come back to bother us."

Orca
:nonp:
: "
!"

GM, as
Fiacho
, acting out
why
they never came back to Nebraska, even after the rest of the multiverse booted them back to Earth
:eg:
: "I'll show him! Once I finish MY dimensional bomb we'll go back and show him who's got the power here."

Mentalla
:confused:
: "Dimensional Bomb? Where did he drop it?"

Fiacho
: "At his own feet." (
long pause
) "Tell you what, let's NOT go back to Nebraska, OK?"

At our game session today, the PCs were fighting giant spiders and had lit one on fire with a torch. One of the players named Mick said as the spider ran off in pain, " I guess it doesn't know about stop, drop and roll."

This is from a few weeks ago, but I seem to have forgotten to post it (I searched, because I don't want to be guilty of double posting....)

Amphibian confronts Gravitar, a female villain with gravitic powers who is this world's equivalent to Magneto. She asks why he is helping these mere Humans, and warns that there is a war coming, and says that his place is with his own kind, not with the Humans.

Amphibian: (pointing to self) I AM Human. (pointing to her) And so are you. If there is a war, it is between those of us who acknowledge our common Humanity, and those who would deny it.

Amphibian: (Later, speaking to the press) I find it ironic that Gravitar is in fundamental agreement with those who hate Marvels (the campaign word for Mutants) and seek to restrict, control, or even - at the extremes of opinion - exterminate us. They told her she was not Human, and she chose to believe them.

From this week's game:

Amphibian: (To DNPC) I want to enjoy a leisurely meal, enjoy your company, and for a couple of hours, forget that I'm a superhero.

(Two hours later, walking out of the restaurant, he witnesses a supervillainess casually using a lethal attack on someone who got in her way.) I said I wanted to forget I was a superhero for a couple of hours, and I did, and I'm glad. But someone just had to remind me. Call 911, and stay out of the way. (Amphibian kisses her quickly, and leaps into action.)

Lucius Alexander

What do you expect, a palindromedary?

During a discussion Heroes, Inc is having, they begin discussing Biostorm's archenemy, Simon Logos.

Biostorm: Yeah, it all began in high school when I slept with his girlfriend Helen just before prom night, in his car.

Glaze (Butch lesbian heroine with nail polish powers): That was you? I can't believe you went to my high school.

Biostorm: Yeah, and then we went to college, and he slept with my girlfriend in my dorm room. But it didn't end there. He always had to be better than me. He even broke up with his fiance because he thought I was sleeping with her.

Wallop: Did you?

Biostorm: No, I paid someone else to do it and made sure I was in plain sight the whole time.

OOC: I don't tell the team how I got my powers...

Glaze: Still, it was a crappy thing to do.

Biostorm: Yeah, but I'm not going to lie to you. It's who I am. It was who I was then, too. She was fine...

At this point, Bestiary, who has been listening to the conversation and doesn't like the turn it was taking, walks out.

Glaze: I'm going to have some girl talk with Bestiary. You guys talk about whatever.

Glaze heads off to talk to Bestiary. She raps on Bestiary's door.

Glaze: Bestiary, don't worry about this. You're just mad because he's talking about all that macho jock crap.

Bestiary: Yeah.

Glaze: And you shouldn't worry too much about Helen either.

Bestiary: ????

Glaze: She was FINE...:)