Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Some people's character concepts are uniquely suited to their power sets and abilities.

Some aren't. Nail polish is one of the hardest substances in the world once it dries. Putting something like that on a butch lesbian type? Worse than putting on a football player.

Caleb: "It's a long and involved story, but I kinda was wondering if I could stay here a while. Least until I figure out what I'm going to do next."

Regina: "You know you can, Caleb. Your old room is still up there. "

Caleb: "Considering all the structural damage this place takes, I'm pleasantly surprised that it is!"

Caleb: "I've learned to avoid three things in this place that can kill you. Shrapnel, Women, and Kareoke Night."

Caleb: "Just promise me you'll stop me if I start... acting like me."

Regina: "Yeah, y'gotta promise there. Just stay away from chicks that fit the gothic profile."

Caleb: "What can I say? I'm a sucker for black lipstick, clove cigarettes, and father issues."

Caleb: "Right now, I'm between morally ambiguous jobs..."

During a discussion Heroes, Inc is having, they begin discussing Biostorm's archenemy, Simon Logos.

Biostorm: Yeah, it all began in high school when I slept with his girlfriend Helen just before prom night, in his car.

Glaze (Butch lesbian heroine with nail polish powers): That was you? I can't believe you went to my high school.

Biostorm: Yeah, and then we went to college, and he slept with my girlfriend in my dorm room. But it didn't end there. He always had to be better than me. He even broke up with his fiance because he thought I was sleeping with her.

Wallop: Did you?

Biostorm: No, I paid someone else to do it and made sure I was in plain sight the whole time.

OOC: I don't tell the team how I got my powers...

Glaze: Still, it was a crappy thing to do.

Biostorm: Yeah, but I'm not going to lie to you. It's who I am. It was who I was then, too. She was fine...

At this point, Bestiary, who has been listening to the conversation and doesn't like the turn it was taking, walks out.

Glaze: I'm going to have some girl talk with Bestiary. You guys talk about whatever.

Glaze heads off to talk to Bestiary. She raps on Bestiary's door.

Glaze: Bestiary, don't worry about this. You're just mad because he's talking about all that macho jock crap.

Bestiary: Yeah.

Glaze: And you shouldn't worry too much about Helen either.

Bestiary: ????

Glaze: She was FINE...:)

Uhm... Glaze... That was not a smart thing to say...

Angela, explaining Otter's agoraphobia:

"He's afraid of the 'big blue room'."

----------------------------

Player 1 was trying to decide upon a heroic name for Angela. An out-of-character discussion followed.

Player 2: "I would suggest 'Serahim', but that idea wouldn't occur to Otter."

Player 1: "Or I could go with 'Cherubim', but that wouldn't occur to me either."

Me: "Or you could go with 'Cherub' ... which has entirely different connotations."

Player 1: "And I could shorten it to 'Cherry' ..."

Me: "... which has entirely different connotations."

Player 1: "... like a cherry on top of a sundae, looking down on everything."

Player 2: "Ow. My brain just went four directions at once."

Uhm... Glaze... That was not a smart thing to say...

Considering that Bestiary, before her first transformation into a lion-woman, was the Stereotypical Science Geek Girl That The Cheerleaders Teased And The Jocks Ignored?

There was a brief desire for her to use her automutation power to take on the abilities of a humanoid rhino and charge people. She was, uh, really, really, REALLY not happy.

(During a period of time when she lost her lion-form, and returned to her original power of adaptation, one of the PCs took her, shell-shocked, to his apartment, where his roommate said, "dude, can I bang the fat chick yet?" She has more than a few body image issues, especially considering her powers now include that she can become a humanoid form of any mammal. (I still don't have skunk-spray workable in 70 points.)

Bestiary has a Skunk' date=' reduce the number of charges :)[/quote']

It's the active points that kneecap me. I think it hits, before limitations, 140 or something. My HSB is still in storage, and I have no idea where in the HSBs for Bestiary they have it.

From our Pulp Hero game...

We've discovered an ancient pirate ship, filled with treasure, the bones of the unfortunate souls who went down with the ship, and tons of antique weapons.

Kane: We'll take the treasure, but we don't really need the old swords.

Taro: But if we take the swords, we can get into a cool swordfight with the skeletons when they inevitably come to life!

Kane: Well, I'm convinced. Grab the swords and let's go!

:lol:

Bill.

(And of course, the skeletons did come to life...) :P

A couple from Megaverse Explorers.

CES

Noir said, “Well true, but not wandering into neighboring sheep fields and having their way with them (the sheep) too.”

The mayor of Shorn Creek was found at the Silver Dollar saloon, entertaining the cowboys who have come into town with tales of traveling the southwest with a donkey and chirapratera. He was

deep into showing people what the ride through the abandoned mines south of Arzno was like when Noir walked into the bar.

Everybody said "Noir!" as a greeting.

We've discovered an ancient pirate ship, filled with treasure, the bones of the unfortunate souls who went down with the ship, and tons of antique weapons.

Taro: But if we take the swords, we can get into a cool swordfight with the skeletons when they inevitably come to life!

Bill.

:rofl:

GM: You know, there are -so- many double entendre things you can say at a garage...

------------

[Hope I dont get in trouble for this one]

Feline Fury (OOC): Missy rolls over the back of the couch and lands on her back, with her head on Duncan's lap.

GM: After a few minutes, you feel something poking you in the ear...

------------

Feline Fury: ...But how do we follow the Senator without his guards seeing us?

Shadow Dragon: Your invisible airship?

Feline Fury: If I had a little sign that said "Doofus", Id hold it up right now, pointed at me >.<

------------

Feline Fury: All you bad-guys better start calling each other by name. Otherwise, WE get to make names up FOR you when we talk to the press, later!

-------------

[Female mentalist attacks Fusion]

GM: Whats Fusion's Will Save...*rolls*...Fusion will beat her...off....nevermind :o

----------------

Flying Martial Artist to Neutron: This street isnt big enough for two smart @sses! Im gonna have to ask you to leave!

Feline Fury: Hey! What about me?!

Neutron: Yeah! Her @ss is MUCH smarter than mine! :P

---------------

GM: Dire Wolf once again rolls like cr#p. Apparently, he is NOT the best at what he does. Unless what he does is suck!

----------------

GM: And Ice Queen pimps away.....

----------------

Neutron: It took me several months to figure out my powers.

Feline Fury: I got lucky, I guess. I fall down; I get up. Thats my power.

Neutron: Not all of us have such cool powers.

Feline Fury: Thats not a cool power! YOU have cool powers! You can FLY!

Neutron: Ive been clocked in three out of four fights recently. You can get back up!

-------------

Neutron (OOC): Ill offer to be Stephen Colbert's "Neo-Human Friend". Is that a 1 pt Benefit?

Nail polish is one of the hardest substances in the world once it dries. Putting something like that on a butch lesbian type? Worse than putting on a football player.

Umm ... No.

Maybe in a world of comic-book science, where matter and energy are created/destroyed with no real respect for the Laws of Thermodynamics.

In our world, nail polish uses plasticizers (softeners) because if it were too hard, it would be brittle and break off when the flexible fingernail beneath it is flexed.

Not thinking too much on my feet last Sunday:

GM: Moira tells you that your former finace, Ronan, was caught breaking into a jewelry store. He had forged papers, though, so the police don't know who he really is.

Serendipity: So, what name was he using when he was arrested?

GM: (thinking of an Irish sounding first name) Conan... (desperately not wanting O'Brien, so trying to think of an Irish last name that doesn't begin with "O") ... Doyle.

Serendipity: So his fake name is... Conan Doyle? :stupid:

Synergy: Like A. Conan Doyle?

GM: Um, yeah. I never said Ronan was imaginative. (thinking: nor am I, apparently)

And finally, into the main room where DEMON is performing a ritual, eleven of them and three of us.

Built To Last: I'd offer you the chance to surrender, but I really hope you don't.

And yes, he did ace his PRE attack. ;)

A couple others from the same game. Enigma's Uncle Mike has been captured by DEMON; Enigma contacts The Scarecrow (NPC hero) to get some information.

Scarecrow: "I'll see what I can find out. What kind of timeframe are we working on here?"

Enigma: "Oh, no hurry."

Inertia: (OOC) "Aren't they about to eat your Uncle Mike or something?"

Enigma: "Oh. Yeah, okay a little hurry."

Enigma describes Qliphothic magic.

Enigma: It's very evil. Even if someone good were to learn it, it can’t be used for good."

Inertia: "So it’s Monkey’s Claw." (OOC to rest of group) "I just wanted to see his face."

Can't remember who came out with this one:

"I never plan on a B&E;* they just happen."

And out of nowhere, Built To Last's player suddenly bursts out with...

BTL: (OOC) Oooo! I just thought of the best name for an aquaman-type superhero who's also a lawyer -- Squid Pro Quo!" :nonp:

* Breaking & Entering

Guest Major Tom

Bill.

And I suppose it goes without saying that they had a bone to pick

with the PCs...

Major Tom :eg:

This is "Quote of the Week." Is there an appropriate place to post a "Story of the Week," i.e. if I wanted to describe what my character DID, not just what he SAID?

Enigma describes Qliphothic magic.

Enigma: It's very evil. Even if someone good were to learn it, it can’t be used for good."

Inertia: "So it’s Monkey’s Claw." (OOC to rest of group) "I just wanted to see his face."

Sounds like something Amphibian's been trying to explain to people. (We have a character who literally sold his soul to be a superhero. Amphibian's view is that NOTHING good comes of selling your soul to devils, and no matter what kind of powers you get, using them will inevitably play right into some diabolical plan.)

And out of nowhere, Built To Last's player suddenly bursts out with...

BTL: (OOC) Oooo! I just thought of the best name for an aquaman-type superhero who's also a lawyer -- Squid Pro Quo!" :nonp:

You realize now I'm going to have to write up this sea-lawyer?!?

Squid Pro Quo - The Long Arms of the Law!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary hopes Amphibian doesn't get the bright idea of sending Sid the Squid to law school now....

This is "Quote of the Week." Is there an appropriate place to post a "Story of the Week' date='" i.e. if I wanted to describe what my character DID, not just what he SAID?[/quote']

I don't think so. You should start one.

----

GM: (about a villain) Well... he's still standing.

Me (OOC): Yeah, him and Elton John.

Sounds like something Amphibian's been trying to explain to people. (We have a character who literally sold his soul to be a superhero. Amphibian's view is that NOTHING good comes of selling your soul to devils' date=' and no matter what kind of powers you get, using them will inevitably play right into some diabolical plan.)[/quote']

As has my character, Singirl, the daughter of a succubus. She's gotten to the point where she's wondering how many people she has to corrupt before they start wondering if maybe trusting the demon was a BAD idea.

(Of course, she's not really bad; she's appeared as a human most of her life, and that "human half" has a conscience all her own, and only THINKS she and the demon half are separate people. So her human morality applies to her demonic side, and keeps her behavior in check.)

This is "Quote of the Week." Is there an appropriate place to post a "Story of the Week," i.e. if I wanted to describe what my character DID, not just what he SAID?

Sounds like something Amphibian's been trying to explain to people. (We have a character who literally sold his soul to be a superhero. Amphibian's view is that NOTHING good comes of selling your soul to devils, and no matter what kind of powers you get, using them will inevitably play right into some diabolical plan.)

You realize now I'm going to have to write up this sea-lawyer?!?

Squid Pro Quo - The Long Arms of the Law!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary hopes Amphibian doesn't get the bright idea of sending Sid the Squid to law school now....

Hmmm, I've yet to present the selling thes soul question, it's about time........................

regarding Fred Phelps and the other noxious publicity hounds of the Westboro Baptist Church, and the Chunky Schoolgirl Incident currently creating fallout in our Champions game

Me : "they don't need an excuse to show up"

Purrdence : "Yeah, they'll show up to the opening of an .... elephant"

:nonp: