Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Ariad the mage "I'm learning the language "balrog" for the expressed purpose of swearing in it."

Ariad again "You think we can sell the red dragon hatchling back to its mother? It's burned down two of my labs already." He later sold it "for parts." Yup he killed it and sold: dragon eyes, dragon teeth, dragon scales, dragon blood, etc.

Ariad the mage "I'm learning the language "balrog" for the expressed purpose of swearing in it."

Ariad again "You think we can sell the red dragon hatchling back to its mother? It's burned down two of my labs already." He later sold it "for parts." Yup he killed it and sold: dragon eyes, dragon teeth, dragon scales, dragon blood, etc.

ick....

Hopefully, though, he didn't sell it back to its mother that way.

"Yeah, you're getting him back... on the installment plan."

In a living campaign (D&D), the scenario was called 'Hunt the happy hooker'

"I never knew you had a thing for Halflings..."

Dm: "You know killing an unarmed man like that might have reprecusions?"

Player 1: "Yep."

*Player 1 tosses a dagger to Player 2*

Player 1 "Here, stick that next to the body."

Player 2 "Why...? Oh! Clever."

Player 1 *quietly* "Uhuh, now its got your fingerprints all over it." :sneaky:

"The murder left his buisnes card?"

"I have the crayfish search for it"

Quotes from Hero Con 2007:

One of the heroes takes 4 STUN and responds with: "Can your husband come out and play."

And the follow up to that scene, the same PC gets hit later for an attack that rocks him back on his heels and does 20 STUN. He shakes his head to clear it, looks at the Electrical blaster and says,

"So, you're the husband?"

And the follow up to that scene, the same PC gets hit later for an attack that rocks him back on his heels and does 20 STUN. He shakes his head to clear it, looks at the Electrical blaster and says,

"So, you're the husband?"

I was pleased to break you up with Grenadier's "mini-rant" about how one doesn't use snipers in the British Army -- after all, this isn't America for God's sake!

That was only a small portion of the lines. Venture Brothers Hero and Laser Squid Nemesis had piles more' date=' but I wasn't part of those games.[/quote']

I'm sure. Any quote made here is usually just a culling from a much larger body of amusing anecdotes... and that's just from a regular game, so at a con, I imagine there was much that could have been quoted. How many people showed up, anyway?

Michael Surbrook: "My first two die rolls were an '18'."

Darren Watts: "Well, you've made a good wizard or a paladin."

In my old gaming group, anytime someone rolled an 18, they'd say "I'm starting a D&D character!"

Which reminds me of an old friend's comment on Hero System that he made Many Years Ago: "If you don't pay the points, you can't hit the toilet."

Also Overheard at the Venture Bros Game at Herocon:

John (Hank) after a scare:"Oh no the ghost indians are back in my pants. I think they are building a swiming pool"

GM Darren (Phantom Limb): "You know Dr. Girlfriend, you can always rejoin me and we could rule the guild together!"

Jim (Dr. Girlfriend): "Not a chance. There is a reason they call you a half man, and it has nothing to do with the missing legs."

GM Darren (Phantom Limb): "You know Dr. Girlfriend, you can always rejoin me and we could rule the guild together!"

Jim (Dr. Girlfriend): "Not a chance. There is a reason they call you a half man, and it has nothing to do with the missing legs."

yikes! I bet even if he didn't have enraged as a disad he sure was after that. Talk about a low blow.

Tonight's designated GM wound up having an incredibly messed-up kinda day, so we didn't do any actual RPGing (Apples To Apples remains an incredibly fun game, however). Post-Apples, though, the topic drifted around a while before someone mentioned having seen a Dragonball Z/Sailor Moon crossover.

"It's not so bad if you don't imagine Sailor Vegeta." *clears throat, does constipated pose* "I LIKE TO FEEL PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

In teh bunneh's Avengers: The Next Generation campaign on HC. Sabretooth is incarcerated in the Vault, the super-prison in Colorado, and has asked Ms. Marvel (Carol Danver's daughter) to come see him. They've been having a rather . . . testy exchange in the prison, and came up with this one:

She stepped forward again, and leaned over the table, her nose mere inches from his, staring into each other's eyes. "But let me ask you something, Creed. Here we sit, in a prison. You've got those little restraints on. I don't. When the warden walked out, he locked the door behind us. Now, I know they could get that door open again pretty quick, but how long you think it'd take them to do it? Ten seconds? Fifteen? How many times you think I could hit you before that door gets open? I mean, I'm not exactly in the Hulk-Thor-Wonder Man class, but I don't really need to be at this point, do I? I know, I know, you've got that little healing factor going. Nothing I could do to you would last. I couldn't REALLY hurt you. Oh, I assure you, it would hurt a LOT, but you and I know you'd just curl up in a bloody little ball for a few days until you got all better and the warden would throw me out of the Vault and Colonel Pryde would lecture the hell out of me once I got back out there and it'd just not much matter. But . . ."

She leaned back a bit and reached down, her hands reaching out to grab both sides of the table, her voice getting very low and threatening. " . . . I'm really pretty sure that by the time they got those guards in here I could shove most of this table down your throat. Literally. Now, I know you're saying, "no big deal, I'll just heal up" and yeah, that's right. But don't think about that part of it for now. You know what I want you to think of? I want you to stop . . ." She leaned very close to him again, whispering seductively. " . . . and think for a moment, just one moment, about how much it would hurt for those pieces of that table to come back OUT of your body tomorrow morning. Last I checked, your healing factor isn't gonna help you digest metal, so it seems to me that you need to think about exactly how . . . much . . . that . . . would . . . hurt."

Guest Major Tom

Man' date=' these puns just keep coming and coming. :sneaky:[/quote']

Ah, but how long will they keep coming? The world may never know...

Major Tom :eg: