Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Another:

Singirl's player has been rolling 15's and 16's all night. (I remind the thread that Singirl is a succubus who was raised as a human and only recently manifested her demon side.) Her boyfriend steps in and blasts away all of the threats in her path.

She turns to him and says, "I thought I was supposed to be stealing YOUR mojo!"

Is that what they're calling it these days?

She turns to him and says' date=' "I thought I was supposed to be stealing YOUR mojo!"[/quote']

OOC: "You're a luck vampire."

One of my players was once dubbed this, and it stuck for quite a while. You didn't want to sit across the table from him because your dice rolls would get more horrible as the night went on. The effect was even randomly contagious and spread around the table once he started rolling dice.

The only defense we found to work was to have a case full of lead miniatures between your dice and him. :eek:

One of my players was once dubbed this, and it stuck for quite a while. You didn't want to sit across the table from him because your dice rolls would get more horrible as the night went on. The effect was even randomly contagious and spread around the table once he started rolling dice.

The only defense we found to work was to have a case full of lead miniatures between your dice and him. :eek:

We had a similar rule known as 'Never Sit On The GM's Left'.

That would SO be true if the boyfriend wasn't an NPC. This was just a case of dice that never behaved. Not even after being threatened with melting-down.

How DOES one safely melt down dice, anyway?

We had a similar rule known as 'Never Sit On The GM's Left'.

Ah. That might do it.

An army of demonic auditors *shudder*:eek:

hmm clearly I misspoke, what I meant was a dumping ground for their best and most powerful daemons. Just to be on the safe side time to invest in a 30D6 dispel vs Daemonic auditors. ;)

Requires skill roll: Bureaucratics.

Lucius Alexander

And a tax-free palindromedary

Built To Last (to PRIMUS): "All life is sacred' date=' you f---s." (referring to the giant cockroach he was preventing from dying...)[/quote']

You forgot your response:

Enigma: "It’s a Qliphothic cockroach; we’re not taking it home!"

That was one of my favorite bits. BTL is a vegan with a Total CvK: All Life. He does a Move-Through on the giant cockroach, with a too-good damage roll that puts the critter into negative BODY. BTL wants to go make sure the two Morbanes are out for the count, but first he has to try and bandage the roach. The roach lived, but the Morbanes got away. :lol:

You forgot your response:

Enigma: "It’s a Qliphothic cockroach; we’re not taking it home!"

That was one of my favorite bits. BTL is a vegan with a Total CvK: All Life. He does a Move-Through on the giant cockroach, with a too-good damage roll that puts the critter into negative BODY. BTL wants to go make sure the two Morbanes are out for the count, but first he has to try and bandage the roach. The roach lived, but the Morbanes got away. :lol:

I figure your fun was between that and the little dance you did every time you hit the group Speedster.... Finally a combat where Inertia (the fastest character) got hit as often as Enigma (the slowest character).

I wasn't up to running my game, so we broke out Duel of Ages again. I lucked into having Spartacus as one of my characters, and his special ability (using two weapons at once) resulted in a swift kill of an opposing character, resulting in, predictably ...

"THIS ... IS ... SPARTA!!!!!! ... cus."

I am reminded of an old D&D campaign by this quote. Most of the characters were "chaotic greedy." (joke. They were normally some shade of good- but very money hungry.)

That was known in my game group as "Evil Gold Greedy".

A Dwarven character was known for his obsession with gold. The party came to an ancient temple, piled with golden treasures. The Dwarf in question wanted to sack the place, but the rest of the party was apprehensive about taking the goodies of the Gods.

"What if the gold is cursed?" asked the Paladin.

"Good gold, evil gold, who cares so long as its gold?" said the Dwarf, who helped himself to a huge pile of treasure.

And got cursed for it.

In my "4 color my world" campaign, the world is changing to become more comic book like, powers are breaking out, and the PCs are among the first heroes. Sunhawk has just defeated Mecho! and noticed reality ripple. He leaves this advice...

"This world is changing, for good or ill," Sunhawk tells the onlookers in a carrying voice. "Those who would bring Darkness will not go unopposed, but still, each of us must look within ourselves for that divine spark which gives Light to us all. How will you answer, should you face the test of Power?" the hawk-headed hero asks as he wills himself higher. "Will you rise up to the greatness which lies within, or sink to the depths? Seek truly, for no one may content themselves with merely observing. The dawn of a new age is upon us, and all will be changed by it."

I should put this over in the oldold thread, too....

testing out an adventure for a convention next year, the PCs hear about a 10 story on fire, with a daycare in it....

the Team rush in, variuous ways, to save people..

...terminator rejects show up. "Come with me if you with to live."

after several turns of battle, 1 PC is battling a t100 on the stairs, with another outside, screaming. "Do you see that? Is it real? Am I going crazy?" while shaking a fireman....

later on...

at another location, the master villian shows up prclaiming to be their leader. Another PC, really a dragon, attacks the villian. the other 2 PCs jump in the middle, one grabbing the tail of the dragon trying to pull the dragon away. While the other one stands between the 2 of them, shouting. "STOP! I'm so confused!"

oh, she won't enter the HQ until she saw someone's ID and the newscrew showed up to film what was going on...

GM running thru the available information on GRAB, a gang of superpowered criminals

GM
: There's Black Diamond, Black Claw...

Me
: Ah, racial profiling.

Party members accuse Vitus of hubris

Vitus
politely pointing out their error
: It's not hubris when you
can
kill or create gods.

GM describing some of the good fortune the party has enjoyed, such as avoiding retailiatory strikes by the Empire of a Billion Worlds, but only because this Earth is currently falling out-of-control across the dimensions.

GM
: There's four huge disc-shaped spaceships on the screen, each with a big wedge cut out of the front

Me
: Warships of the Pacman Empire.

Party arguing about who might be responsible for such a careen across the planes.

Void
: It has to be Istvatha V'han. Who else have we met that could shift a whole planet dimensonally, like this?

Vitus
starts counting them off on his fingers
: Istvatha, the mind-flayers, the Apparatus, me..

Void
interrupts
: Alright, who have we met that has the
intention
of shifting a whole planet dimensionally?

Vitus
putting his hand up excitedly and hooting
: Oo, oo!

Guest Major Tom

GM running thru the available information on GRAB, a gang of superpowered criminals

GM
: There's Black Diamond, Black Claw...

Me
: Ah, racial profiling.

Party members accuse Vitus of hubris

Vitus
politely pointing out their error
: It's not hubris when you
can
kill or create gods.

GM describing some of the good fortune the party has enjoyed, such as avoiding retailiatory strikes by the Empire of a Billion Worlds, but only because this Earth is currently falling out-of-control across the dimensions.

GM
: There's four huge disc-shaped spaceships on the screen, each with a big wedge cut out of the front

Me
: Warships of the Pacman Empire.

Party arguing about who might be responsible for such a careen across the planes.

Void
: It has to be Istvatha V'han. Who else have we met that could shift a whole planet dimensonally, like this?

Vitus
starts counting them off on his fingers
: Istvatha, the mind-flayers, the Apparatus, me..

Void
interrupts
: Alright, who have we met that has the
intention
of shifting a whole planet dimensionally?

Vitus
putting his hand up excitedly and hooting
: Oo, oo!

"Moderation" isn't a word that exists in Vitus' dictionary, is it?

Major Tom :sneaky:

From an old Cyerpunk 2020 game, one character shows off his ultra-cheap and powerful new handgun...

P1: Check it out, man, only 100 euro!

P2: there's no way... waitaminute. Its plastic.

P1: So? This is the future.

P2: No, its a throw-away, dude, you can't even reload it.

P1: You have got to be kidding me.

P2: "If it looks too good to be true..."

P1: I should read the descriptions, huh?

Player has recently purchased some variation on the rotary barreled mini-gun he'd been saving up for, and is carrying it with him everywhere. (yes, same player) They go to a club...

Bouncer: Ummmm.... that can't come in here.

P: why not?!

Bouncer: Look, man, do you see me checking for weapons?

P: No.

Bouncer: that's cuz everyone is strapped here and we're cool with that. But its on the sly. THAT is not sly.

P: I don't care. Move, or I'll shoot myself a new door.

*Bouncer pushes pistol in player's face*

P: Hey, don't I get a quick-draw roll against this guy?

GM: With... a mini-gun?

P: Oh, uh.. but I already had it out, right?

Gm answers with....

Bouncer: Man, don't you know it takes awhile for that thing to cycle up? Did you even turn the battery on?

P: I go put it back in the trunk.

Similar incident went horribly wrong in Shadowrun with the usual Panther Assault Cannon story...

Probably boring and trite, but thought I'd help the progress...