Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

A local bar had PBR on tap... luckily my friends band was still doing sound check because it took me five minutes to stop laughing - I don't think they knew why I was laughing so hard: It was 5$ a glass and being sold as the Trendy Beer they had On Tap.

Kind of a "so bad it's good" thing? Like Adam West Batman?

I didn't think that worked for food and drink...

A local bar had PBR on tap... luckily my friends band was still doing sound check because it took me five minutes to stop laughing - I don't think they knew why I was laughing so hard: It was 5$ a glass and being sold as the Trendy Beer they had On Tap.

At the local pub where we do triva every Tuesday, we won a case of Natty Boh. We left it on the bar and went home.

Quotes from the Masked Alliance; those Derring Do-Gooders of 1936!

This week; Counterparts from 50 years in the future travel back in time to request the aid if the Masked Alliance in thwarting villains from the far-flung 1980s!

-------------------

Storm Bat: Behave, or Ill set your head on fire.

-------------

Mystarra: But why exactly 50 years?

Crimson Mystic: Aztec Gods like big, round numbers.

----------------

Mystarra (OOC): So, Storm Bat has the hots for Human Rocket. Even though shes obviously dating American Rocket, from her own time.

GM: Yes.

Black Bat (OOC): So she wants to get busy with both American Rocket and his "Dad"?

Mystarra (OOC): Thats a serious Elektra complex. Heck, thats a CARMEN Elektra complex!

------------------

Human Rocket: Feet! Ow! Feet! Hot feet!

--------------

30s thug carrying 80s blaster: Th' blinky lights is sure pretty...but I still wish I had me a chopper*.

*Thompson submachine gun.

-----------

[Crimson Mystic has elected to ride along with Captain Lightning in the Skybolt, as the heroic ace tries to take on two A-10 Warthog tankbuster jets with his cutting edge 1936 his prop plane]

Crimson Mystic: No pressure, but the fate of every man, woman, and child in the future depends on what you do now.

Captain Lightning *strapping in and kicking the engine on*: Guess its just another Tuesday.

----------------

Liberty Eagle [to Technarch]: Viral nanite piece of cr*p!

Mystarra: What kind of an insult is that?!?

Black Bat: ...I think she just called him a booger.

-------------

Mystarra (OOC): Oh! Youre gonna lure the missiles into the building! Ha! ha! ha! ....Cr*p.

-------------

GM: As with everything, Captain Lightning had to take a basic idea and blow it WAAAAY out of proportion... ;)

Captain Lightning (OOC): :D

-----------------

[black Bat has been gooped by Mr. Asylum, whose living webbing has begun to work its way into her costume. He snatches her utility belt, and the webbing starts to feel "like a million tiny perverts crawling all over you"]

Mr. Asylum: Ive got her belt! Shes helpless now!

Black Bat *Wriggles out of her costume. Naked except for her mask, she head-butts Mr Asylum and hauls him up, over, and out the window of the 50th floor building theyre in*: Never confuse the costume for the hero!

Technarch: ...Good point.

Black Bat (OOC): I keep giving him useful advice. I gotta stop doing that.

----------------

[Mr Asylum has returned to the fight. Technarch and Mr Asylum are the only future villains still on their feet, but Human Rocket is groggy, Mystarra has had to flee with her wounded white tiger, Isoldt, the heroes from the future have all been scattered, and Black Bat was last seen hurtled by Technarch out the window without her gear, and is feared dead]

Human Rocket: I have one thing to say to you two... *Flies away*

Black Bat: *Smashes through the window of the floor below, rolls to her feet unharmed, races over to Liberty Eagle, and uses LE's costume radio to send an order to Captain Lightning*

Liberty Eagle: *Grabs her unconscious teammates and escapes to the next building. with Yeoman. *

Captain Lightning: *Dodges fire from the remaining A-10 to fly THROUGH the large area still under construction atop the building, where the fight is taking place, and blast Technarch with his 30 mm chain guns at point-blank range*

Technarch: *Has his exo-armor totally blown off of him, leaving him a skeletal robot standing dazed and exposed*

Mr Asylum: *Looks agog as the Skybolt whips past him*

Black Bat: *Emerges from the shadows (still naked except for the mask) and delivers a maximum damage critical hit to Technarch, which drops him*

Human Rocket: *Grabs Black Bat and whisks her out of the building, just as...*

The missiles from the A-10: *Slam into the building following the Skybolt, blowing the top three floors completely off and making a really huge fireball*

Captain Lightning: *Looks REALLY COOL as the Skybolt comes blazing out of the huge fireball, virtually unscathed*

Heroes from the 1980s: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Captain Lightning: [/b]*Looks REALLY COOL as the Skybolt comes blazing out of the huge fireball, virtually unscathed*

THAT is why it is these guys comic, and the future heroes are just guest stars! :thumbup:

[Mr Asylum has returned to the fight. Technarch and Mr Asylum are the only future villains still on their feet' date= but Human Rocket is groggy, Mystarra has had to flee with her wounded white tiger, Isoldt, the heroes from the future have all been scattered, and Black Bat was last seen hurtled by Technarch out the window without her gear, and is feared dead]

Human Rocket: I have one thing to say to you two... *Flies away*

Black Bat: *Smashes through the window of the floor below, rolls to her feet unharmed, races over to Liberty Eagle, and uses LE's costume radio to send an order to Captain Lightning*

Liberty Eagle: *Grabs her unconscious teammates and escapes to the next building. with Yeoman. *

Captain Lightning: *Dodges fire from the remaining A-10 to fly THROUGH the large area still under construction atop the building, where the fight is taking place, and blast Technarch with his 30 mm chain guns at point-blank range*

Technarch: *Has his exo-armor totally blown off of him, leaving him a skeletal robot standing dazed and exposed*

Mr Asylum: *Looks agog as the Skybolt whips past him*

Black Bat: *Emerges from the shadows (still naked except for the mask) and delivers a maximum damage critical hit to Technarch, which drops him*

Human Rocket: *Grabs Black Bat and whisks her out of the building, just as...*

The missiles from the A-10: *Slam into the building following the Skybolt, blowing the top three floors completely off and making a really huge fireball*

Captain Lightning: *Looks REALLY COOL as the Skybolt comes blazing out of the huge fireball, virtually unscathed*

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the definition of BAD @SS.

From last night's Heroes 4 Hire, it is April 1st...

Wendigo is in the meeting room, his fur several different colors after his shower... "Okay, I'm okay with all this, but... " flips the light switch off, at which point he glows, "who is responsible for THIS?!"

Father Martin and TorchSong go to Range 11, the zombie scenario range. The Father has been given some new rounds to try in his revolver. Pulling the trigger, he gets a pop, and a small flag comes out of the end of his gun with the word "BANG" on it. TorchSong has fallen to the floor in laughter.

Father Martin pockets one. "This could be useful someday."

Robin Fletcher exits from the shower to find his room stripped of anything he could use for clothing or to cover himself. On his bed is a nicely layed out outfit: a christmas elf costume.

TorchSong: Did you hear about Derrick?

Father Martin: About his accident? I heard his arm got bitten off.

TorchSong: Eww. Well, kind of, I heard he got a new cybernetic arm.

Father Martin: Okay...

TorchSong: Everyone keeps talking about it. What's the big deal about his hand being able to vibrate?

Father Martin: Oh yes, I'd heard he was rather popular with the ladies recently.

TorchSong: I don't get it.

Father Martin: ... its sexual.

TorchSong: Oh. How boring.

Father Martin's thought bubble: ah, bless her.

Sean McGuffin: is there anything I can do about this scarring?

Wendigo: Well, I think we have something for it, but you'll have to give up drinking for at least a while.

Sean McGuffin: say hello to Mr. Ugly and Not Caring.

[Crimson Mystic has elected to ride along with Captain Lightning in the Skybolt, as the heroic ace tries to take on two A-10 Warthog tankbuster jets with his cutting edge 1936 his prop plane]

Crimson Mystic: No pressure, but the fate of every man, woman, and child in the future depends on what you do now.

Captain Lightning *strapping in and kicking the engine on*: Guess its just another Tuesday.

Solid gold and rep worthy!!!

From the Megaverse Explorers game (taking a cue from Hermit's Abolex):

"Little brother," the giant elemental peered into the foyer. "You are messing with my down time grooving with the little zephyrs. Didn't I tell you to get your business done before I left?"

This is an oldie, but one that comes back to haunt me.

Back in 1979, my friends and I were playing D&D at school during lunch breaks. The GM was one of my best friends, and GMed us from 7th grade till we graduated. And his game was actually -good- (unlike most high-school games Ive heard of or been in).

The PCs had been adventuring for a while, and had gained some notariety. We were invited to meet the King. And for some reason, the guy playing our party leader was just in a WEIRD mood that day.

------------------

Senechal: Your Majesty, may I present the adventurers whom you wished to meet; the slayers of the dragon.

Elwood (party leader): Hey there, King baby! What it is! Whats goin down? Get down with yo bad self! Wooo!

Everyone: :nonp:

King Castarn: :straight:

Elwood: Gimme some skin, my man!

Senechal: Guards! Arrest this man for Grooving in the presence of Castarn!

From tonight's Black Watch game:

Kelliana: Go ahead and shoot. What's the worst that can happen? :P

Niels: Why do people always say that when I'm the one in the line of fire? :mad:

Kelliana: Well, ‘cause most of us are smart enough to stay out of the line of fire.

Tealca: We were fighting... you were baking???

Roxanna: These cookies are stale!

Crispin: No, they're just Dwarvish.

Niels: No they aren't. No self-respecting Dwarf would have a cookie jar with flowers and chickens on it.

Roxanna: (rolls off a detailed regulation)

Crispin: It's 3:00 am, and you can still rattle off regulations??? :nonp:

Ithan: We don't call it "rockbreaking." It's "constructive redemptive masonry" now.

Crispin: Meh. Who's gonna throw us out?

Niels: Actually... those guys we just killed? I think those were the ones they sent to throw us out.

Crispin: "Yes sir! You're welcome to stay here any time!" I like staying here. They are so polite!

Niels: Yes, almost... obsequious.

Ithan: Library first, whorehouse later. Don't make me talk to you again about gluttony and excess! :tsk:

Niels: Do you know what they do to arsonists in this city?

Captured Would-Be Assassin: Yes... :(

Niels: And nobody here wants to see that happen, least of all you, right?

CWBA: Right...

Niels: So, here's the deal. You tell us what we want to know, and I'll make sure you don't dance the gallows jig. How's that sound? **rolls a 4 on Persuasion**

CWBA: I am prepared to cooperate fully, sir. :straight:

Niels: If you stay in the water any longer, you'll turn into a prune.

Crispin: I've got a spell for that.

(on entering a Dwarf bar)

Crispin: Geez, look at all the stumpies in here! It's like a fireplug convention!

Niels: (ooc) I punch Crispin before he can finish his sentence.

Session VII of Daybreak Rising.

"My ass does not like to be surprised."

Veskar: "This unworthy one will work for free."

Patris: "I understand that Veskar, but you still need to eat."

GM: "He's also chomping at the bit. He also wants to make a name for himself."

Michael (OOC): "Other than 'the guy who got captured'."

"Sir Patris! I have... oh, damn."

"She kept telling a higher power she'd be arriving soon."

***Ragnar has been spinning a story to the local ladies that Martin was so smitten by the sight of a elvish woman that he's forsworn all others.***

"This is why Martin no longer goes out drinking with Ragnar."

There's your problem. The child's been set to 'evil'."

"They have 'knight' vision? Patris is in trouble."

One of the PCs triggers an alarm: "The door is open, but... I think there were strings attached."

Ragnar: "I don't need beer goggles, I have low expectations.

"Where's that chef when you need him?"

"My shadow is going after his ass."

***Veskar the Skaven starts using Secret Ninja Hand Signals***

"You're just having fun with your paws, aren't you?"

"He doesn't have Area Of Effect fists, does he?"

"Oh my god! I thought those guys were friendlies, my bad."

He turned it into a Kevorkian scarf."

"Patris makes with the awesome even when he doesn't know what he's doing."

"What's the difference between 'quaff' and 'gulp'?"

"Quaff has panache."

'Yes, you can do Teamwork with yourself, but it gets you arrested in most states."

"Shan Yu, the Murdering Poet."

I was playing AD&D yesterday and one of the characters was in trouble. There is a lot of backstory here, but the short version is that he had just been mistaken by some unsavory characters for his half brother (an ex-character) who had done a lot to piss them off. In the process of defending himself (without using lethal force, which was a nice surprise from the player) he drew the attention of the guards. His guilty conscience kicked in, and he started running.

Riprock (OOC): Wait, you've done nothing wrong! You could get out of this by -

GM: None of you are there, so let him make his own mistakes.

Me (OOC): Quick! Everyone use their Party Telepathy to beam him an idea that doesn't suck!

I just remebered an old quote. It was a board based military game and the player was splitting a stack (army) and sending part to hilly terain. He said "I'm splitting and heading for the hills ... I can't believe I just said that." The three dots was at most 3 seconds and probably 2 seconds.

Two good ones from Sunday's fantasy game.

One with context -- The local War Chief has been possessed by demonic spirits. Rashia attempts to dispel the spirits, overlooking the fact that the possessed Chief is currently floating above a river of lava.

Rashia: "Spirits Begone!!" (rolls dice)

GM: "That does it. Aaaaand the War Chief plummets to a fiery death in the lava below. :eg: Tho because of the angle, Rashia's the only one who actually sees it happen."

Rashia: "The rest of you just hear Rashia mutter "Well that sucked!""

And one sans context:

"I think the best way to open the door is with a rhinoceros." :)

Two good ones from Sunday's fantasy game.

One with context -- The local War Chief has been possessed by demonic spirits. Rashia attempts to dispel the spirits, overlooking the fact that the possessed Chief is currently floating above a river of lava.

Rashia: "Spirits Begone!!" (rolls dice)

GM: "That does it. Aaaaand the War Chief plummets to a fiery death in the lava below. :eg: Tho because of the angle, Rashia's the only one who actually sees it happen."

Rashia: "The rest of you just hear Rashia mutter "Well that sucked!""

Closest I can come to that was a LONG time ago, I was in a D&D game (three tan booklets edition), and one of our party fell into a pit trap onto some spikes. We were low enough level that the fall killed him, but I asked the GM if I could get to hiom next Round, and get a Healing potion down his throat, would he live?

GM: Yeah, I can see that working

Me: Lets see...I dont want to be hurt by the spikes too, so Ill ask the FIghter to lay his shield across the tips of the spikes like a platform.

Fighter: Okay. Ill do that.

Me: Then Ill climb down a rope to the shield, and kneel on that as I give him a healing potion.

GM: *thinks*: ....All right. You give him the healing potion. His eyes open, then he screams and screams before dying again, because...?

Me *as I realize what happened*: Because...I forgot...to take him...off the spikes. :ugly:

From my Gunpowder, Reason and Plot campaign.

Vladimir, the brooding bardiche wielding Boyar was high on regenerative potion and so he was suffering from rather alarming mood swings.

An NPC called Hans Selmler had picked up a blessed dagger belonging to Vlad during the fight and was thinking of keeping it.

Vlad. (Shaking his bardiche to emphasize the point). "I said. Give. It. Back. Now!"

Hans. (Holds out the dagger). "Oh alright. Ask for it nicely and you can have it back."

Vlad. (Cuts Hans' arm off, retrieves his dagger and pulls Hans' disembodied hand off it). "Thankyou very much."

As everyone stares at the man who has just maimed a fellow officer the party healer, Alexis, rushes up.

Alexis. "This man is sick!" (Wags a finger at Hans who is now rolling around on the floor in agony and screaming his silly little heart out). "How dare you interfere with my patient?" (Drags Vlad away as fast as he can).

Vlad. (Hugs Alexis).

I remembered another old quote. Very strange dungeon I made that was "designed by an insane mage"(I did not make sense, but I wanted to do weirdness.) The party was in a very long winding hall with no rooms or branches off. They were very suspicious and checked for doors, traps etc. They then reached a place where they could go no further. On the end of the hall was a carved human(oid) with a stone sword through it. Some thought it was a magic sword, and I was about to have a NPC say the line I wanted when one person plopped their head on the table, groaned and said "It's a dead end." Yup. I did the whole thing for that line.

input.jack... wow, that's just classic and awesome. Must spread rep, blah blah blah. :/

Shadowsoul, that is just sick... and funny... and weird...

hfergus, that was definitely a stretch... wow... I would probably be the groaning one. :D

And slightly odd that hfergus and shadowsoul have similar avatars, though different in style, some aspect of them seems the same. Maybe its just the dragons... just babbling now... sorry.. hehe.