Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

ok -- got this lurking in Avengers: The Next Generation on HC...

"Please stop screaming miss. I'm a superhero, one of the good guys,and I'm sorry, but it would appear your taste in boyfriends sucks. Not to pry too deeply into your personal life, but do you have any strong restraining material, cords? Ropes? Chains? Duct tape? Any help you give now may help in court later."

We're not going to speculate on what this says about my sense of humor that I find this funny...

ok -- got this lurking in Avengers: The Next Generation on HC...

We're not going to speculate on what this says about my sense of humor that I find this funny...

Hmmm, die roller must have liked it too...

PERSUASION, 14-: (6, succeeded by 8) Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:49:49.737 PM

What's wrong with not having tim for a particular lttr of the alphabt?

Well, at least you showed "the" some love. ;)

Homestead, where six DEMON agents (pre5th) in battle armor have just attacked the receptionist. Pinky flies and and joins Snow Leopard.

Snow Leopard: Hi, Pinky! These friends of yours?

Pinky: Nope, never seen them before. Not the type I would date either.

Some from BigDamnHero's Defender's Campaign.

Inertia (to Enigma): If you're not dead you'll help her, and Leo's probably dead already.

(Leo is Promethean's secreta ID - much later on in the night he was also called our B-String PC, ouch.)

Inertia (to Built To Last): You need a bigger button.

Me (OOC - as the GMs dog literally runs into my hand): Oh, hello dog.

BigDamnHero (GM): And now for a wet tongue. (and on cue my hand was covered in dog slobber.)

Enigma: Time passes, please.

(the game was even more distracted than normal, I don't think any of us could keep our train of thought strait.)

You need to get a good punctuation adviser. Put some apostrophes in a good interest bearing investment' date=' and don't waste them on plurals or the possessive form of "it". It doesn't take much in the way of principle to get a pretty good return each month.[/quote']Some genuine wit on the boards. Repped.

Some from BigDamnHero's Defender's Campaign.

A couple others I managed to jot down:

An NPC superhero has been racking up a ton of collateral damage, most recently knocking over the Space Needle in Seattle. :eek: Inertia pens a press release, urging him to contact Our Heroes so they can try to smooth things over. But she blows her Persuasion (written) roll:

Inertia: (dictating) "Dear ****head. We gotta talk. Signed, the Defenders."

No context needed:

"How do you go on a suicidal rampage? What happens after the first one?"

Edit: Remembered one more. New York is considering passing a bill that would stiffen enforcement of the Federal registration act and treat unregistered heroes as nothing more than vigilantes. Built To Last -- who's not registered and has no intention of doing so -- gives an interview (paraphrasing here):

Built To Last: "I'm not going to stop helping people just because they make it illegal. And frankly, they don't have the firepower to make me stop."

Later, another player suggested keeping BTL away from the press so he doesn't say anything really inflammatory. :)

Vitus stumbles across a crime in progress, and calls the team.

"I'm at the bank. The one with the big... pigeon."
:confused:

Later.

Felicity
"you can't tell the difference between a pigeon and an eagle??"
:nonp:

Vitus
defensively
: "We had pteradactyls where I came from, what do
you
think?"
:mad:

At least he called the team' date=' and didn't just banish them to Hell or something out of hand... apparently, he's getting better![/quote']

The bad guys were using gas attacks. Vitus has no defences against gas attacks...

If they'd been using anything else, then by all means Vitus would have dealt with the problem himself, and rung the rest of the team to bring mops and that blood-removing enzyme stuff, for afterwards.

At least, that would have been the theory. As it was, Vitus and Felicity were down for the count with-in the first 3 phases.

Session 8 of Daybreak Rising

We had a huge battle, with 6 heroes versus something like 50 Skaven. One character ended up at 0 BODY, another at -4.

"I think I broke the scribe."

A suggestion on how to assault the enemy: "First we build a giant wooden badger..." (it went downhill from there)

"The role of Ragnar will be played by Bill Paxton."

After seeing the map covered in minis: "I think there's a Skaven coin-op machine over in the corner. Some guy's feeing money in and pulling the handle to get all of these."

Steve: "What?"

Mike: "Check the bottom-most power."

Steve: "Poor swimmer?"

Mike: "... the one above that."

Mike: "Can we have on Zafi's front 'this side towards enemy'?"

Veskar: "It's okay, I'm not a people person."

Mike: "Can I push my STUN?"

Mike: "I think this is going to turn into a James Bond adventure where we all wake up in a deathtrap."

Mike: "How tough can this guy be? He has a hula-hoop on the end of his glaive."

Nestor on Patris tendency to be over competitive: "Well, I'm even more unconscious than you!"

Veskar: "New plan, I kill him and you run away."

(it worked, too...)

Grady: "Call the fire department, Shan Yu is stuck on the roof, and can't get down."

Martin Shippton's dark elf lover appears. Her name is Amayultare, but no one can pronounce it, so she gets dubbed "Angelcakes."

Pre-game, there's some discussion about my "southern" cat moving up North, and how she'll be surrounded by Yankees. She's quoted as saying, "Meow, y'all." Then Josh points out she's an hispanic Southern cat. This is digested a moment, then her quote is amended to, "Hola, y'all."

Rastal's character says, of the revelation that the person doing the cooking hasn't purchased a skill in it, "Daris makes breakfast. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger."

After Rastal's eyes light up at the revelation that he might be able to toss out his "list" (rules of civilized conduct, essentially), Flora quickly disavows him of this notion with, "We're trying to reform them, not mass murder them."

Last night's D&D game. We're setting out on a long journey, mostly by ship across the sea.

Aren: I ask the captain what stuff on the ship is important, so we don't accidentally damage it in battle.

Captain: Okay, this rigging here is *really* important, those lines over there I'd like to keep whole but they're not as vital. And fire is a really BAD idea.

Devlyn: (staring at our dragonmage/sorcerer) Fire on the ship is BAD! Got it?

Il'Marcum: Right. Fire is baaad. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

After a few weeks at sea, we're attacked by a huge dragon eel.

DM: The ship lurches as something smashes into the side. (rolls) It causes structural damage to the ship, and some crew begin trying to plug leaks.

Yllek: I cast Make Whole on the damaged section.

DM: If you make a hole, isn't that going to make the ship sink faster?

Yllek: No, it's W-H-O-L... (notices DM smiling) Okay, fine, I make a hole to let the water back *out*!

D&D 3.0 Game, we're heading into the last lap of the adventure and the party is faced with a very wide and very deep chasm to cross. We weren't really equipped for being underground, but there we were anyway.

After a lengthy and harrowing process of getting the party across using a variety of improvised methods (amazing what can be done with a rope and a tanglefoot bag), the entire party is finally on the other side, nigh-exhausted.

When the player of the party's ranger glances at his character sheet, looks up at the rest of us and asks:

"Would a climbing kit have helped?"

We came that close to having to turn ourselves in for severe alignment violations.

Some quotes from the Slayer game...

-------------

Teddi: The whole point of a disguise is to look like someone else.

Jinx: But the Harlequins look dumb. Cant we look like someone cool?

Teddi: ...Apparently not.

--------------

Teddi: I just wanted to do something more cerebral than "get 'em!" :/

---------------

GM: You find some information about people of a mysterious and stinky disposition...

-----------

Jinx: Theyre chanting...I expected reggae. Or maybe ska. Or those steel drum thingies...

-----------

Henry: youve heard of Pennangalan?

Teddi: Theyre those magicians, right?

Henry: ...Thats "Penn and Teller", dear.

It's D+D. Sadly.

The situation: A knight of a faraway land (Also a PC) has hired PC's to come with him into the jungle in order to find a family heirloom that was lost in the jungle over a hundred years ago. He cannot speak the local language, or read the map. My female PC has attached herself to this character, because he is a noble knight and has a title, along with (She thinks) money and postion. Regrettably, his character is broke, though he has yet to tell her this. So she calls him "My brave hero!" and attempts to butter him up all the time. :)

Finally unrolling the whole thing after multiple battles with highly dangerous creatures, my character, who CAN speak the language, looks at him and says "CITY OF THE BONE SCORPION? You're taking us to a place called CITY OF THE BONE SCORPION?"

Him: I guess so.

Primitive Jungle character: No good. Dark gods strong there. Bad magic there.

Paladin/Bard: That sounds like an excellent place to destroy evil!

Dwarf Swashbuckler Rogue: Couldn't we destroy evil in a TEMPERATE clime?

The Knight in Question: I hate this jungle! One day, we'll go back to Cormyr.

Me: Will I get a big house, and beautiful furniture out of it?

Dwarf: Shouldn't you be more worried about our survival?

Me: There's no point in surviving without my brave hero...(Feigned Romantic Sigh...) WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US ABOUT THE EVIL SCORPION CITY?...

That was when it finally dawned on her that he couldn't read the map.