Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

It's dino-mite!

Someone had to say it.

Bad doggie! Into the Penalty Kennel with you!

Major Tom :snicker:

Playing our Girl Genius campaign for the first time in a long time.

James: Swear on your kneecaps to stop being such an evil bastard.

----

Lukas: I don't need a reference point, I have Science!

----

We ask an NPC we just met who he is:

GM: I am Mondavi Windermere, the World's Premiere Hunter of Submarines.

Playing our Girl Genius campaign for the first time in a long time.

James: Swear on your kneecaps to stop being such an evil bastard.

----

Lukas: I don't need a reference point, I have Science!

----

We ask an NPC we just met who he is:

GM: I am Mondavi Windermere, the World's Premiere Hunter of Submarines.

Wow, that sounds like a Girl Genius line!

... So last night I amused myself by cooking up email addresses for the PCs in the group. The winner was for the Nazi mentalist who's got a technique to transfer his psyche into new bodies as he ages. (The PCs are all supervillains.) His is Evil.Mastermind@FourthReich.de .

... So last night I amused myself by cooking up email addresses for the PCs in the group. The winner was for the Nazi mentalist who's got a technique to transfer his psyche into new bodies as he ages. (The PCs are all supervillains.) His is Evil.Mastermind@FourthReich.de .

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Evil.Mastermind@FourthReich.de

....whew!....I had to make sure.... ;)

I decide to start my new Firefly campaign "in media res," so I describe the group's ship as plummeting into atmosphere and a Reaver ship go soaring past, on fire.

Over the com, the engineer (an OCD freak who HATES to do anything that might damage his precious engine) says: "Captain, engines are at max. I’m giving you everything she’s got.”"

Player: “Thanks. Now can you give me about 10% more?”

Engine screams two octaves higher. More warning lights start to go off.

Player: “I wish he wouldn’t take me so literally.”

Two PCs, Cheshire Cat (reformed, he says) and the Hood (an archer) are at the dock of Citadel, the Protector's base in the bay. The Protectors have been accused of stealing from a museum, but none of them have defended their innocence, nor made any public appearances or responded to any PC communications.

Cheshire Cat: "This seems a bit odd for the Protectors... do you think we should duck in to make sure they haven't been taken captive by some sort of super villan?

I can open a gate just inside the door."

CC OOC: On the scale of Bad Ideas, breaking into the HQ of the major super team in the area seems like a pretty high one. I have a feeling CC is going to be sore after this. Gotta love characters with panache but not sense. :)

The Hood: "Well, just a peek, then."

TH OOC: I'm really not that much better. :)

Some from the Titans Rising game.

-------------------

Feline Fury: Im not competitive. I just really like to win :D

-----------------

GM [looking at his notes]: [Theoden] ...How did it come to this? [/Theoden]

-----------------

[The characters go to Disneyland]

Feline Fury: I wanna wear ears....but if I wear -mouse- ears I feel like a traitor.

--------------------

Feline Fury: Like my new pirate hat? :)

Neutron: Look! Its our Yo Ho Hoe!

Feline Fury: *SLAP!*

Neutron: ....I deserved that.

--------------------

Feline Fury: I tried the whole Dominatrix thing, but I couldnt stop giggling.

-------------------

Neutron: The main reason for the acquisition of wealth and power is to attract a superior quality of mates.

Feline Fury: Thats a very "National Geographic" way of looking at the world

Last night's Champions game, the heroes of S-Squad are following the trail of Diamond Kitty, a thief who is taunting the hero Squeeze with clues to her next crime, in Carlsbad California (south of LA). [GM is blatantly stealing a Black Cat / Spiderman plot, where Cat was stealing love-related items.]

Squeeze: What's in the Carlsbad area?

GM: Well, there's LEGOLand, the Museum of Making Music, the California Surf Museum, the Gemological Institute of America...

Squeeze: So, there's nothing there that Diamond Kitty would be intrested in. ;)

Styx: The gem institute's too obvious. Let's check some of the other places for love-related things of value.

Serendipity: I'll call the surf museum.

Brad: California Surf Museum! Surf's up, dude!

Serendipity: Hi, this is Serendipity from S-Squad in Chicago. We're trying to catch a supervillain, Diamond Kitty, who's out your way.

Brad: Whoa! Cool!

Serendipity: She's on a love theme right now. Do you have anything love related on display?

Brad: (long pause) Well, we got a bunch of vintage tins of Mr. Zog's Sex Wax...

Styx calls the Museum of Making Music.

Styx: Do you have anything love-related in the museum at this time?

Squeeze (OOC): Like French horns?

Javier: Well, let's see... of course, we have sheet music of several famous love songs... a wax recording of Enrico Caruso singing a love aria...

Styx: (to GM, sarcastically) Gee, you just pulled that out of your butt, didn't you?

Squeeze: OK, I'll call Nova Flight in LA and warn them that Kitty's operating in their area.

Dusk: Nova Flight, Dusk speaking.

Squeeze: Dusk? But isn't it like three hours earlier out there? Shouldn't it be...

Dusk: ...Dawn. Yeah. Heard it before. Heard 'em ALL before. :mad:

Styx and Serendipity decide to fly to California and substitute a fake wax recording for the real one.

Styx: Let's make the fake a recording of Alvin and the Chipmunk's Christmas song. (pause) Y'know, the worst part of this plan is that we won't get to see her face when she plays the song.

After thwarting Diamond Kitty's theft, Styx asks Sentinel to go to Minneapolis with him to x-ray his former grave, looking for a St. Christopher medallion that was buried with him.

Styx: Sentinel, buddy! How'd you like to x-ray a graveyard? :o

Sentinel: Well, I am going to medical school. It could be part of my experience in...

Squeeze: ...graverobbing?

Still later, Sentinel is following her boyfriend, who has been acting a bit odd lately. She sees him meeting with a woman she doesn't recognize.

Serendipity (who is former IRA): I could blow up his car for you...

Guest Major Tom

Originally posted by BoloOfEarth:

Styx: Sentinel, buddy! How'd you like to x-ray a graveyard? :o

Sentinel: Well, I am going to medical school. It could be part of my experience in...

Squeeze: ...graverobbing?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Either that or Date Night in Vibora Bay...

Major Tom :D

Dusk: Nova Flight, Dusk speaking.

Squeeze: Dusk? But isn't it like three hours earlier out there? Shouldn't it be...

Dusk: ...Dawn. Yeah. Heard it before. Heard 'em ALL before. :mad:

Dusk needs either a partner or nemesis named Dawn. :)

TorchSong (OOC): I'm keeping a running tab of how many times we said "penis" tonight.

-*BELCH*-

Sean McGuffin (OOC): eewwww... I felt that on my neck.

McGuffin (in irish accent?): "Oh, how fawkin' quaint. "

Torchsong: "Watch your language."

McGuffin: "Its not swearing. Its Irish."

McGuffin (OOC): burn that into my brain and I'll ticker tape it out my @$$ later.

Some quotes from my Flintlock Fantasy campaign. (Its run in M&M, so excuse the game mechanics)

--------------------

[The PCs are trying to intercept a cad, who has seduced the young Queen of Brittaria and stolen her signet ring. The PCs received word that he was headed for New Rochelle; about a week and a half away by ship]

(Note: All d20 rolls were, indeed, witnessed by the GM. They really did roll like this)

Sir Matthew (OOC): I pray for a good wind.

GM: *shrug* Roll a d20.

Sir Matthew (OOC): *rolls* Ugh. I got a 4.

Father Covington (OOC): More importantly, -I- Pray for a strong wind, too. *rolls a d20* Natural 20! :D

GM: So...the scene opens with Sir Matthew hanging over the rail of the Maiden's Honor, white knuckled and green-faced, as the ship rises and plunges, pitching and rolling over the heavy seas, under a black sky, the deck washed with green water from time to time...

Raven Blackheart (OOC): Are we running in front of a storm?

GM: Yep!

Father Covington: *Raises his eyes skyward* ...Good one.

---------------------------

GM: Youve been riding the crest of the stormfront for about three days. Make a roll for handling the ship.

Raven Blackheart (OOC): *rolls* Huh. Another natural 20!

GM: Ok; the Maiden's Honor comes slicing through the waves, rounding the headland and gliding into the port at New Rochelle -just- as the storm breaks on the shore.

Raven Blackheart *Leaning out from the gunwale, hand in the shrouds, laughing and shouting to the dock hands on shore*: Ahahahaaaaaa! I am Captain Raven Blackheart; now the Storm-bringer!

Sir Matthew *with quiet sarcasm to Father Covington*: Oh yes. Something like THIS wont do anything to increase her legend...

----------------------

[This whole conversation was OOC]

GM: If you bought your horse as a Sidekick, amd I supoosed to play it? Or are you?

Raven: Usually we've had people play their own Sidekicks, because its something they paid for. Its on their sheet.

Gm: ...Because its part of your character. Right. That makes sense. OR...another Player could play the horse. *Looks at Covington* Do you want to play the horse? *Looks at Raven* Do you?

Sir Matthew: I DONT want (Raven) to play my horse!

Raven *indignant*: I can play a Lawful animal! I have RANGE!

Everyone: *rofl* :rofl:

-------------------

[Captain Blackheart leads the others out of the rain, down the steps into the huge crypt, to stop the cad Lord Campbell from turnign the ring over to his contact. She sneaks down the stairs, quiet as a ghost, until...]

Raven Blackheart: *BLAM!* Lord Campbell; we have issue with you!

Lord Campbell: My leg! *bleeds*

----------------------

Sir Matthew: Lord Campbell! You are hereby placed under arrest by the warrant of Her Brittarian Majesty Queen Gwendolynne, on charges of treason against the Crown, and dealings with a Foreign Agent!

Foreign Agent Babe: ...Sounds bad!

----------------------

Raven Blackheart *turns to 2 "unnamed horde" sailors from her ship*: Calvin! Hobbes! protect Angelique!

GM: ....You know, those -are- perfectly reasonable names for a couple of Brittarian sailors to have...*shrug*

--------------------

[Captain Blackheart engages a summoned Fire Elemental]

Raven *draws her sword*: ...At least Ill be dry

---------------------

[The PCs defeat Lord Campbell, his Fire Elemental, and Gerard, his seven foot manservant who turns out to be a Troll with a disguise spell ring. The "foreign agent" is revealed to be a Succubus. The PCs agree to release Gerard if he gives them all the information he has on his master's dealings. The Troll agrees**]

Father Covington: Now...tell us what Lord Campbell was going to do with the Queen's ring.

Gerard: I...do not know.

Sir Matthew: What? How could you not know what your master was planning?

Gerard: ...Gerard...only pawn...in game of life...

**(Campaign note: In case people were wondering why theyd let a Troll loose; in the Flintlock Fantasy campaign, its illegal to kill a sentient being just because of what it is. You can only charge people for what theyve done.)

Some quotes from my Flintlock Fantasy campaign. (Its run in M&M, so excuse the game mechanics)

--------------------

[The PCs are trying to intercept a cad, who has seduced the young Queen of Brittaria and stolen her signet ring. The PCs received word that he was headed for New Rochelle; about a week and a half away by ship]

(Note: All d20 rolls were, indeed, witnessed by the GM. They really did roll like this)

Sir Matthew (OOC): I pray for a good wind.

GM: *shrug* Roll a d20.

Sir Matthew (OOC): *rolls* Ugh. I got a 4.

Father Covington (OOC): More importantly, -I- Pray for a strong wind, too. *rolls a d20* Natural 20! :D

GM: So...the scene opens with Sir Matthew hanging over the rail of the Maiden's Honor, white knuckled and green-faced, as the ship rises and plunges, pitching and rolling over the heavy seas, under a black sky, the deck washed with green water from time to time...

Raven Blackheart (OOC): Are we running in front of a storm?

GM: Yep!

Father Covington: *Raises his eyes skyward* ...Good one.

---------------------------

GM: Youve been riding the crest of the stormfront for about three days. Make a roll for handling the ship.

Raven Blackheart (OOC): *rolls* Huh. Another natural 20!

GM: Ok; the Maiden's Honor comes slicing through the waves, rounding the headland and gliding into the port at New Rochelle -just- as the storm breaks on the shore.

Raven Blackheart *Leaning out from the gunwale, hand in the shrouds, laughing and shouting to the dock hands on shore*: Ahahahaaaaaa! I am Captain Raven Blackheart; now the Storm-bringer!

Sir Matthew *with quiet sarcasm to Father Covington*: Oh yes. Something like THIS wont do anything to increase her legend...

----------------------

[This whole conversation was OOC]

GM: If you bought your horse as a Sidekick, amd I supoosed to play it? Or are you?

Raven: Usually we've had people play their own Sidekicks, because its something they paid for. Its on their sheet.

Gm: ...Because its part of your character. Right. That makes sense. OR...another Player could play the horse. *Looks at Covington* Do you want to play the horse? *Looks at Raven* Do you?

Sir Matthew: I DONT want (Raven) to play my horse!

Raven *indignant*: I can play a Lawful animal! I have RANGE!

Everyone: *rofl* :rofl:

-------------------

[Captain Blackheart leads the others out of the rain, down the steps into the huge crypt, to stop the cad Lord Campbell from turnign the ring over to his contact. She sneaks down the stairs, quiet as a ghost, until...]

Raven Blackheart: *BLAM!* Lord Campbell; we have issue with you!

Lord Campbell: My leg! *bleeds*

----------------------

Sir Matthew: Lord Campbell! You are hereby placed under arrest by the warrant of Her Brittarian Majesty Queen Gwendolynne, on charges of treason against the Crown, and dealings with a Foreign Agent!

Foreign Agent Babe: ...Sounds bad!

----------------------

Raven Blackheart *turns to 2 "unnamed horde" sailors from her ship*: Calvin! Hobbes! protect Angelique!

GM: ....You know, those -are- perfectly reasonable names for a couple of Brittarian sailors to have...*shrug*

--------------------

[Captain Blackheart engages a summoned Fire Elemental]

Raven *draws her sword*: ...At least Ill be dry

---------------------

[The PCs defeat Lord Campbell, his Fire Elemental, and Gerard, his seven foot manservant who turns out to be a Troll with a disguise spell ring. The "foreign agent" is revealed to be a Succubus. The PCs agree to release Gerard if he gives them all the information he has on his master's dealings. The Troll agrees**]

Father Covington: Now...tell us what Lord Campbell was going to do with the Queen's ring.

**(Campaign note: In case people were wondering why theyd let a Troll loose; in the Flintlock Fantasy campaign, its illegal to kill a sentient being just because of what it is. You can only charge people for what theyve done.)

Was Gerard defeated with an exploding candy-gram?

From our DnD Eberron game, the first comes from our Warforged Artificer named Cast (Wis 3).

Sir Moass Deneith d'Deneith: Are you gong to cast Heat Metal on yourself again?

Cast: I'm not stupid! I learned the second time.

And later when Nona, the Elven Lurk, used to dimension swap to place Sir Deneith in the place of our Cleric,

Nona: Knight to Bishop One.

From the first session of our new Teen Champions game (and my first home RP game in a year and a half):

"A necromancer in a city sees what you see in an airport... lost souls waiting to leave."

"I did not see the goat. I did not touch the goat. I did not go near the goat. And anyway the goat lies."

"He arrived C.O.D. -- Coffin On Delivery."

"Y'know, 'Second Hand Store' means something entirely different in a land of Igors."