Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

So two members of my Shadow Guard group are in Millennium City for Detroit Day when suddenly, the night before, the whole city apparently takes on a medieval/Disney fairy tale appearance....

Mole's response...

.oO(Okay, we have to stop this. Who ever has done this has undone the bikini, and that does not rock!) He thinks fiercely.

From tonight's Champions game:

An UNTIL urban assault team travels to Chicago following leads on the Ultimates, and stops in to S-Squad's base to fill them in. The leader of the team, Lt. Alejandro Roca, is strict military and displays no apparent sense of humor when Serendipity cracks a joke.

Lt. Roca: ... we are stationed in Millennium City. If you wish, you may verify with our base or the Champions, as we have worked with them in the past.

Serendipity: Oh, believe me, we will... (OOC) I call the Champions.

Sapphire: Hello, this is Champions HQ, Sapphire speaking... oh! Serendipity! I love what you've done with your hair!

Serendipity: Well, yours is cute, too! Isn't that a new style?

After a few minutes of exhanging hairdresser info and arranging a shopping date in MC...

Serendipity: Oh, the reason we called is that we got a visit from UNTIL, a Lt. Roca, he said he's worked with you in the past...

Sapphire: Oh, yes, we know Lt. Roca -- does he still have a stick stuck up his butt?

Serendipity: (Looks at Roca standing at textbook attention, waiting) I think he might have two up there right now.

Sapphire: Well, he's okay, not a bad guy, just a bit too stiff. (pause) If you can get him drunk while he's there you can win me a bet with Defender.

- - - - - - - - -

Later, Synergy (in secret ID) is in the university lab where he works, when Thunderbolt teleports in. Important info: Thunderbolt was involved in Synergy's origin, and they have learned that neither one of them can affect the other with their powers.

GM: Make a Hearing PER roll.

Synergy: I fail it completely. I must have my radio up too loud while I work.

GM: Okay, the first hint you get that something is wrong is when you're blasted from behind. It does no damage to you, but it messes up your chair pretty bad, and your monitor blows.

Synergy: No damage to me, eh? I know who that is... I'll act like he blasted me unconscious. (Makes a near-critical success on an Acting roll)

Thunderbolt (muttering as he walks back to the lab's computer servers): Damn stupid college kid... shouldn't even be here... not smart enough to take off for Christmas break... working at 1 am, should blast him again, just on principle..."

GM: Thunderbolt comes out, carrying all the backup tapes for the servers, and opens the window. You hear what sounds like a jet turbine, and Cyclone drops down. Thunderbolt hands him the tapes.

Synergy: (OOC, shrugs) We have offsite copies. While he's facing away from me, I turn on my maglev flight. I want to make a Power skill roll to create enough of a magnetic field to erase the tapes he's carrying.

GM: (thinking to self -- this really screws up the plot, but I gotta admit it's a neat idea.) You know, you'll be erasing *all* the computers in the lab, not just those tapes...

Synergy: Any way I can direct the magnetic pulse only toward the tapes?

GM: Make the Power roll at -2.

Synergy: Oooo... Only made it by one.

GM: That's okay, it just means you probably wiped out a few computers, not all of them. And you did zap the tapes.

Synergy: The best part is, Binder will probably blame Thunderbolt for screwing up the tapes. He *does* have electrical powers, after all.

Synergy: (After Thunderbolt leaves, he's looking at his slagged computer) How am I going to explain this... and the fact that I'm completely unhurt?

(He calls Sentinel, who in secret ID is an EMT and drives an ambulance at night. He figures she can fake the paperwork so that, officially, it will appear he was injured by the attack.) Sentinel, any way you can swing by the university? I need your help.

Sentinel, in secret ID, arrives. She recognizes and examines Synergy, to discover that though his clothes are slagged, he's completely unharmed.

Sentinel: WTF? There's nothing wrong with you!

Synergy (looking toward the campus security guard standing nearby, then hisses to Sentinel) I know! Thunderbolt did this, but his powers don't affect me. How's it going to look when the official report says I'm untouched?

Sentinel: (confused pause) So... you want me to hurt you?!? :confused:

Spread Rep around :(

Consider me a Vitus fanboy; any chance of seeing a character sheet (if one exists)?

I want to see the sheet for 3.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises is still doing research for the eventual release of our Interdimensional Babes

But in my game in the afternoon, the party has been investigating reports that Serpentine Animorphs (TMNT-style mutant animals) have recently been attacked by a cloaked figure. Their attacker seems to use organic weapons based primarily on marine life. One weapon seems to be an explosive trilobite hand grenade. Unfortunately, my players seem to be incapable of pronouncing trilobite.:rolleyes:

Trawler: "So, they also use an exploding Tribble-ite."

Terminus (OOC): "Hmm, Compound-T as opposed to Compound-4."

Miss Chaos (OOC): "It's a tribble of death."

GM: "No, Death Tribble posts on the Hero Boards."

I later left the table to feed my nicotine addiction, when I walked in on this surreal bit of Hero mathematics.

Trawler (OOC): "So Trawler can throw a tribble 3 kilometers. How much damage would that do?":nonp:

I do not need reminding of the Tribble-ite episode. Thank you. And I have never swallowed Semtex since.

Tell Trawler it depends on whether it is a fast ball special. I could start off small to get the range and turn Zornwil size when I land. That does damage believe me.

So two members of my Shadow Guard group are in Millennium City for Detroit Day when suddenly, the night before, the whole city apparently takes on a medieval/Disney fairy tale appearance....

Mole's response...

Well, that's a clear sign I really want "KISS Saves Santa" on DVD

;)

Mine last week was a show-stopper for the game. Discussing religion amonghst the character, Scarlet (who was a bonified gen-u-wine athiest until a greek goddess decided to pick her to dispense some justice) dropped this:

"I used to be an athiest' date=' until God told me I wasnt"[/quote']

Well, that's a clear sign I really want "KISS Saves Santa" on DVD

;)

I saw that ep. of Family Guy. Worse, when KISS was taking off in the helicopter, I actually fell to my knees on the floor in front of the television with my tongue out and my fingers posed at exactly the same time the band did.:o

What made it worse was the fact that one of my house-mates was brought in by the Demon, Murphy, at that exact moment.

Mole's response...

It didn't just turn into one of those chainmail bikinis Red Sonja used to sport?

VtR

Spread Rep around

Consider me a Vitus fanboy; any chance of seeing a character sheet (if one exists)?

I want to see the sheet for 3.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises is still doing research for the eventual release of our Interdimensional Babes

For those who are interested, Drhoz has posted Vitus and Three.

The best one from the Flintlock Fantasy game tonight:

[The Maiden's Honor is attacked by a Kraken. Sir Matthew mounts up, and leaps over the gunwale to lance-charge the Kraken, relying on his horse's enchanted shoes to allow it to run across the water like it was on land.

A massive battle ensues, involving magics, priestly spells, and cannon barrages. Finally the weakened Kraken is stunned, and Sir Matthew manages to run along its limb, clamber up its head, and manually impale it through the eye with his lance, getting himself covered in Kraken eye-guck in the process.]

Sir Matthew *panting*: You know...after the Dragon...everything just looked so darned easy!

Latest issue of the Defender's campaign.

Inertia - You were a virgin birth?

Built To Last - Yes.

Inertia - Who told you that?

BTL - Mother.

Inertia - Did mother also tell you that sex is dirty, bad, and wrong?

BTL - No, I decided that on my own.

---

GM - "He's actually kind of slow."

Enigma (OOC) - You're my speed, B-ch!"

--

Enigma (OOC, deciding on an action) - That's too bad. I was gonna hit him with my bike, but my fists do more damage."

--

Enigma (Post game chatter) - The Messiah? Yeah, you could build that with a VPP."

I think BigDamnHero has more quotes.

From a Serenity RPG session a while ago.

The party is ambushed at a mining camp. With bullets flying all around, my Character sensibly decides to take cover. Unfortunately, the only cover within reach is a vegetable patch. My Character fires from there a few times, the other side returns fire a whole bunch of times, doing exceptionally nasty things to my cover.

Which inspires the following comment to the Referee: "So, let me get this straight. I am now hiding in COLESLAW. Any bonuses for that?"

During the planning session to reboot the Halliruch Campaign:

Chained from a "Star Trek" conversation to ninjas:

"When you have more than one ninja, black is the new red."

And from Chris:

"You can't defeat me! My sword is made out of NINJAS!"

I think BigDamnHero has more quotes.

Inertia was on a roll this week.

Inertia asks Enigma (the mystic) to trace an object belonging to the group that captured and interrogated her last session:

Enigma: “I don’t do Sympathetic magic.”

Inertia: “You don’t have to be sympathetic, I want to hurt them.”

Inertia: “I scream & freak the **** out. Can I voluntarily go Enraged?”

Inertia: “We should start stomping the sects.”

Enigma: “Stomping the sex?” :nonp:

I genuinely have no idea what the context was on this one:

Inertia: “Can we do that?”

Enigma: “No.”

Inertia: “Can the Pope do that?”

Enigma: (re: Promethean) “Hey, he came back from the dead.”

Inertia: “Once. It was a fluke.”

Inertia: “It’s someone else’s turn to be bait.”

Inertia: “Can you do truth spells? Or speakupmuther****er spells?”

Inertia: (OOC) "The press always gets the facts wrong anyway."

GM: “So if you fail your PS: Journalism Roll, does that means you get the facts right?” :think:

An NPC misses his attack roll rather pathetically.

GM: “Brawler goes to grab a car to throw at you. And misses. A. Parked. Car.”:ugly:

Promethean's d20 roots occasionally show:

Promethean: (OOC) “Can you share the same square?”

Inertia: (OOC) “No but you’re welcome to share my hex.” :)

Oh, one other, from Inertia's player, relayed from an earlier fantasy game:

To the party mage: “You have Speak With Animals? You have Speak With Dead? Good.” (Holds up a dead squirrel) “We need to question this.”

I genuinely have no idea what the context was on this one:

Inertia: “Can we do that?”

Inertia: “Can the Pope do that?”

Enigma relayed an old wives tale about how the Pope averted the Apocalypse in 1000 A.D. by convincing God to reboot the universe without widespread magic. Basically, Enigma made stuff up again to make Inertia feel better.

It was in relation to a conversation about stopping the current possibly impending apocalypse.

Fortunately, the person I shot this one at is a very good friend of mine, so we (and everyone else at the table) got a chuckle out of this one. The game is Twilight: 2000, which occasionally breeds very desperate actions...

"Let me get this straight -- your character is charging a T-72 tank and he's only armed with a shotgun? Dude, not only did you sample all 31 flavors of stupid at the ice cream store, you dumped them all in a blender and made yourself the world's biggest moron shake!"

Matt "I-do-stupid-things-too" Frisbee

Enigma relayed an old wives tale about how the Pope averted the Apocalypse in 1000 A.D. by convincing God to reboot the universe without widespread magic. Basically, Enigma made stuff up again to make Inertia feel better.

It was in relation to a conversation about stopping the current possibly impending apocalypse.

Ah, I'd missed that discussion. Danke.

Too bad we couldn't take down the entirety of Built To Last (finally) explaining his backstory to his teammates. Let's just say it started with "In the beginning, there were four angels named John, Paul, George & Ringo..." and got exponentially weirder from there. :drink:

I'm not sure what it says about Engima's own mental stability, but she and BTL were the only ones in the group who went "Yeah, makes perfect sense."

I also remembered this one, lost in the general mayhem that night:

Enigma: "If you're virgin born how can you have a Father?"

Built To Last: *short pause* "I hadn't thought of that."

(Father is who had his Powered Armor before him, and has been stated to be his Father in deed and name.

Now, where have I seen that before?

Isn't it part of an alternative cosmology in the Mystic World supplement?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests that a way to avert an apocolypse is to read the prophecies involved carefully and then even more carefully make them not come to pass.

Session 9 of Daybreak Rising was run Saturday (after a long winter break).

Comments on fighting Skaven during winter:

"Charlie's in the snow!"

"Charlie don't ski!"

I'm not going to provide context, it's funnier this way:

"Can we go back to the poo jokes?"

Steve: "We'll go with Plan B."

Mike: "Use more fire?"

Steve: "Stick a knife in them."

Mike: [Patris] is so good [in a fight] he doesn't have to be there."

Steve: "I don't want to be all 'I am Sir Patris, you are Sir Kath, I will crush you under my heel.' I want to be more subtle than that."

Patris: "When you charge into combat, make sure you hit as many foes as possible. As I have just done."

"He's no good as an assassin. He has no style. He kills things."

"But he's too obvious about it."