Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From my Fearless Monster Hunters game:

Castilla: We have to get back to the city of Brills!

Leth (a taciturn and sullen Dwarf): Everyone always wants to go somewhere. What about my needs?

A little background: In my world, the different sub-races of Elves are have different skin colors -- Green Elves are green, white elves are white, and so forth. The heroes have just met a powerful sorceress and learn that she's rather sheltered and has never seen an Elf before.

Sorceress: So the two of you are sisters? Why are you different colors?

Illy: Well, my father was a Blue Elf, so I'm blue. Hers was a Gray Elf, so...

Sorceress: And your other sisters? Are they all different colors too?

Leth: Yeah, they're kinda like the Power Rangers.

One of the PCs, Castilla, looks like a demon due to a curse on her father. The sorceress has offered to remove the curse so Castilla can look human...

Castilla: You mean, I could be completely normal?

Illy: Looking human wouldn't make you normal.

Illy: People think you're evil because you look evil. But when you act good, you impress everyone. If you looked like a normal human and acted good, nobody would think twice... actually, nevermind. They'd still be impressed.

Enigma relayed an old wives tale about how the Pope averted the Apocalypse in 1000 A.D. by convincing God to reboot the universe without widespread magic. Basically, Enigma made stuff up again to make Inertia feel better.

It's bad enough when it happens in the comics. Although this does kind of explain some things about the world . . .

The palindromedary suggests that a way to avert an apocolypse is to read the prophecies involved carefully and then even more carefully make them not come to pass.

Only to discover that your actions in that attempt are what causes the prophesied actions, naturally. ;)

[The New Titans wake up individually, in a spooky, run-down hospital with flickering lights, dark stains on the walls, no people in sight, and mist outside. No one has powers. The characters eventually find each other. Feline Fury is just wearing a hospital gown, that wont close in the back. (Its not relevant, but I just ilke picturing it :love:)]

----------------

Feline Fury: So Fusion wakes up in the burn ward. Neutron wakes up in the M.R.I. machine. Samson wakes up in Physical Therapy....and I wake up in the psycho ward. Guess that explains a lot to you all, doesnt it?

Samson: More like "confirms".

---------------------

Feline Fury: This hospital doesnt -have- a "French Ward"!

--------------

Samson (OOC): Sometimes the best defense is a crow-bar!

----------

GM: The stone creature tears its way thru the elevator doors, with the screech of rending metal and ripping cables

Feline Fury (OOC): Is it all so very Harryhausen?

GM: Oh, very! :D

---------------

Samson *hits the stone monster as hard as he can with no discernable effect*: That didnt work too well...

Feline Fury: Want a little sign that says "Yipe!"?

-----------------

Feline Fury: *Grabs the ghostly panther-form that represents her Powers from behind, putting it into a Full Nelson, to set it up for her friends to attack*

Neutron (OOC): Missy's doing all that just in a tattered hospital gown?

GM: Yep.

Neutron: *Loses a full turn thinking how HAWT that would be if she was in a little leopard-skin loincloth, with a claw necklace and a knife strapped to her calf*

Samson *snaps his fingers in front of Neutron's face*: FOCUS!

-----------------

[samson, restored to his Powers, charges a skeletal, Death-like robed figure representing Miss Liberty's powers, one-shotting it]

Samson *dusting his hands off*: Sorry. I had to get Candy's power back from Miss Lohan, there.

------------------

Lightning Creature *Delivers a powerful jolt to Neutron, thru the metal its wrapped him up in*

Neutron: *Nnnnnngh!* ....is THAT what Ive been doing to people?!? :shock:

-----------------------

[The PCs manage to regain their Powers, and escape the mental construct when Feline Fury pulls the mask off of the Masked Serial Killer, which restored them to reality. They find their enemy Alpha Wave hooked up to a giant machine]

----------------------

Alpha Wave *Tries to force Neutron to attack his friends*

Neutron *Resists!*: I think we're a bit beyond that now!

Neutron's massive Energy Blast: *Crits!*

Alpha Wave: *Is defeated!* Yeeaaaaarrgh!

-----------------------

[Fuzion looks at Feline Fury as the discussion has somehow turned to LOL Cats]

Fusion: Should I take humorous pictures of Missy and put funny captions on them?

------------

Mystery Guest: Shrapnel is nobodys friend.

Feline Fury: Hurray for Captain Spalling!

From my Fantasy Hero Via campaign:

Pre-game chatter has Rastal pondering the state of the world. "Aciarren wants to rule the world. Daris wants to buy the whole world. I'm not sure which would be worse."

Rastal, sticking up for a newfound ally (a demon they've liberated from his capture on the demonic plane): "Piercylwin will kill poor Bob!"

Flora: "'Poor?''"

Rastal: "Let me rephrase. Piercylwin will kill Flora's new boyfriend."

Flora smacks him.

Daris, musing OOC after Rastal's been singlehandedly responsible for the death of another angelic messenger: "Rastal's cut off from sending Cherub messengers."

Flora, OOC, on why she can't lend Daris her ring of invisibility (Daris has a severe reaction to magic): "No, because then he would be barfing. And trying to be stealthy. And barfing."

Flora: "I really hate you all."

Rastal: "We've heard that before."

Flora is pondering the goal of her captors, who've treated her kindly so far. Rastal says, OOC, "To capture all the magic users, and feed them soup."

Daris, OOC, when Rastal is pondering a plan: "My Rastal-sense is tingling."

Last night's D&D game, the ranger (Yllek) was more bloodthirsty than normal:

Ryan: A number of our ship's crew have disappeared, and they were last seen in your tavern.

Bartender: It was very busy last night. I don't recall them. But my memory might improve with some gold...

Yllek: How about mithril?

Bartender (with a big smile): Yes, mithril would be *very* good...

Yllek: (draws his mithril longsword)

- - - - - - -

The PCs find and question one of the barmaids.

Barmaid: If I talk to you, they'll kill me.

Leila: I pull out a mithril stardisk. How about if we make it worth your while?

Yllek: (OOC) A mithril stardisk?! Those are worth a hundred gold!

Leila: I didn't say I was *giving* it to her, I'm just holding it...

Leila ends up giving the barmaid the stardisk despite the paltry information she gives us. The barmaid runs away.

Yllek's PC (imitates drawing a bow and notching an arrow, just joking, honestly)

Ryan: Our ranger has gone over to the dark side.

- - - - - - -

The heroes take off after a ship that left port hours before. Leila, the druid, takes bird form and locates it. She discovers that the ship is crewed by Sudocarians, known for taking slaves despite it being illegal in the heroes' home kingdom. The heroes discuss ways to overtake and attack the ship.

Il'Marcum: A few well-placed fireballs should do the trick.

Aren: We don't want to sink the ship. We're trying to rescue our crew, remember?

Ryan: (OOC) We'll send the ship to the bottom. "Well, at least they're not slaves any more..."

Aren: They had poison gas at the bouncers' place, maybe they'll attack us with poison arrows.

Il'Marcum (who had gotten a lungful of the poison gas previously): Oh, that would suck!

Aren: Well, except for the girls; they're both immune to poison. They'll be like (plucks imaginary arrow from arm and licks the arrowhead) "hmmm! Tastes like nutmeg!"

- - - - - - -

Once we manage to slow the Sudocarian ship down, they send a wizard to fly back while invisible and attack us.

DM: You see a fireball falling from the sky. Roll Initiative.

(Our fighter rolls high, and lets fly a half dozen magic arrows)

Aren: I do... 83 points of damage.

DM: :nonp: You see the guy go (head flops over, tongue out) and then disappears.

- - - - - - -

Ryan: Okay, we're heading back to port. What are we going to do with our captured bouncer?

Yllek: What was the deal you made with the barkeeper?

Ryan: That he'd never see the bouncer again.

Yllek: So all we need to do is blind the barkeeper...

- - - - - - -

Devlyn (our rogue, whom we were teasing earlier for not having a sap): I could sell my Ring of Protection to get a sap...

Il'Marcum: What the heck kind of sap are you getting?! A gold-plated one with your initials engraved on it?! One that vibrates?!

Yllek: (gets a devilish grin on his face)

Leila and Devlyn's players both begin smacking Yllek's player.

Yllek: What?! I didn't even say anything!

Devlyn: You were thinking it too loudly.

I forgot another one...

As we were discussing plans to catch the Sudocarian ship and free our kidnapped crew members, and rejecting each one:

Leila: You know, maybe we should just forget this rescue mission and continue on our quest.

Yllek: Oh, yeah, that's real heroic. I can see it now, the crewmen chained up belowdecks... one of them says, "Don't worry, lads, we were travelling with adventurers! They'll rescue us! I'll bet they're following right behind us!" Then in swoops Leila as a bird. She lands and turns back human to say, "I just wanted to let you all know... you're fired. Bye!"

Quade (Our Rogue): I want to appraise it, see how much money I could get out of it.

DM: You sure about that?

Quade: Yeah.

DM: You start appraising and Haldor smacks you in the back of the head.

Quade: What was that for?

Haldor (Our Paladin): For guessing the price of a Unicorn's Horn while it is still attached.

From our fantasy game:

Character currently in the form of a cat, on seeing a jolly, rather corpulent merchant casually knock out 3 city guards in one swing of his mace:

"Meeow??" :nonp: [player mimed cat with an "excuse me?" expression]

------------

Our heroes are all dragons, in a fairly bizarre dimension-hopping fantasy campaign. You have no idea how arrogant a group of dragons can be:

GM (me): Who speaks goblin?

Gold dragon player (vaguely OOC, certainly in-character): That language is SO beneath me.

Needed info: Earlier in the game one of the p.c.s cut the head off a demon so that he could keep it on his desk (it's still alive).

g.m- "so what the decision, you keeping him, give him to someone or kill him"

micky - "we'll keep as a pet... he'll take care of the head!"

Cornelues (in full deep rocky voice mode) - "we have already killed 50 people tonight"

g.m - "er... 49"

Cornelues (same deep, rocky voice) - "I round up for dramatic effect"

Keehan (our Spellthief): RUN!!! The pullrope of DOOOM.

Remaraiz (our Cleric)What???

Keehan: In the next room, the pullrope of doom. Everything has a doom version and we just found the pullrope of doom.

Ramaraiz: (Rolls his eyes) Here take this "magic" dagger to protect you while I go see about this.

Ramaraiz enters the room, pulls the rope and is suddenly strangled as the rope comes to life and starts choking him. Reaching for his dagger he suddenly remembers the Keehan has it. Another party member had to try and cut him down with a Rapier.

Keehan (our Spellthief): RUN!!! The pullrope of DOOOM.

Remaraiz (our Cleric)What???

Keehan: In the next room, the pullrope of doom. Everything has a doom version and we just found the pullrope of doom.

Ramaraiz: (Rolls his eyes) Here take this "magic" dagger to protect you while I go see about this.

Ramaraiz enters the room, pulls the rope and is suddenly strangled as the rope comes to life and starts choking him. Reaching for his dagger he suddenly remembers the Keehan has it. Another party member had to try and cut him down with a Rapier.

This is picture perfect! If I hadn't JUST repped you, I would rep you right now!

It's bad enough when it happens in the comics. Although this does kind of explain some things about the world . . .

Only to discover that your actions in that attempt are what causes the prophesied actions, naturally. ;)

Not necessarily. If a prophecy is about things happening in and around a certain building for example, demolishing the building - and poisoning the ground around it to discourage anyone from building anything on that site for the next seven generations at least - will at the very least retard fulfillment of that particular prophecy, won't it?

Lucius Alexander

I have foreseen that I'm going to ride a palindromedary out of here now.

In this game our party had just entered a city that was completely surrounded by water, we ended up trying to capture a murderer and this is what happened as we cornered him in his home.

Lukaas (our vampire hunting ranger): (Kicks in the door.) Don't move, the watch has ordered us to capture you for trial.

Murderer: (Classic Vampire Hiss, then jumps out a window.)

Lukaas: We have to search the city he can't cross running water.

Alak (our Drow wizard): Then how did he get in?

Lukaas:...Woah, flaw in my logic.

Not entirely-the old vampire weakness "cannot cross running water" should include "under its own power".Some foolish mortal helped the vampire to enter the city!

Dracula got to London by boat. He just needed to sleep in his coffin in his native soil.

Not necessarily. If a prophecy is about things happening in and around a certain building for example, demolishing the building - and poisoning the ground around it to discourage anyone from building anything on that site for the next seven generations at least - will at the very least retard fulfillment of that particular prophecy, won't it?

You'd think so. Right up until you discover that your attempts to demolish the building are what CAUSES it to catch fire and burn down the city.

Or that people forget that you poisoned the ground, and rebuild the building anyway, and it's the poison that YOU put there that causes the epidemic of horrible deaths.

Or it turns out that you were just a bit off in your interpretation of the prophecy, and the king is killed in a building of very similar description on the other side of town because the first choice for the event, the building you destroyed, is no longer available.

You know, things like that. :)

Tonight, in the big battle with the SPIDER agents and their nefarious webmaster, Widow, the PC's opted for the "Drop the Giant Hero From Above into their base..." strategy.

It was a good strategy.

Many of you have wondered what's going on with the Apes in the Man suits, and so, too, do my players. However, one of them has surmised (Correctly) that there must be some form of dimensional compression technology that allows a 500 pound gorilla to appear as a human. He wanted to build that technology into his powered armor suit.

So, having already destroyed one man suit previous to this, I decided to give the player another chance by having the people of Ape Island infiltrate SPIDER.

So, they dropped the giant hero, Titan, through the roof of the building, and I randomly dropped the ape disguised as a SPIDER agent onto the battlemap.

He was right underneath the falling hero. Desperately trying to get out of the way, our villainous infiltrator of the human race rolled an 18. SQUASH! Crushed under the foot of the gigantic Titan, his man suit was destroyed instantly, revealing the gorilla underfoot!

The heroes, as the battle raged, opted to rescue the critically injured ape, and flew him back to base, where the servo-robots told them he could not be moved.

Angered and Frustrated, Streamline, the hero with the armored suit wanted to keep the ape there until he told him the secret of the mansuits.

Meanwhile, the GMPC, Cybervulture, was sitting next to the critically injured ape, soothingly reading him bedtime stories. "A long time ago, in the mountains of the west, there lived a Puma named Toby..."

When the ape finally woke up in The Butte, three weeks later, all he could say was...

"Wh...where am I...and who the !@#$%A!@ is Toby The Puma?"

*Facepalm*

It was kind of a rough night.

Schedule:

7pm - People start arriving

8pm - Begin Gaming

11pm - Finish

Last Night:

7pm - People arrive

Insert CoH talk

9:30pm - Begin gaming

9:37pm - more CoH

9:38pm - more gaming