Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

It was kind of a rough night.

Schedule:

7pm - People start arriving

8pm - Begin Gaming

11pm - Finish

Last Night:

7pm - People arrive

Insert CoH talk

9:30pm - Begin gaming

9:37pm - more CoH

9:38pm - more gaming

9:45pm - more CoH

9:46pm - more gaming

9:58pm - POOOOO!

11pm - Finish

Sheesh! And it's not like there was any one culprit, we were ALL doing it. :(

We need to focus more...like lasers.

Add, go home and play CoH after that you have our gaming sessions. :rolleyes:

Thursday nights is an online game, live chat but I've never seen the other players. I can only imagine the GM falling out of his chair laughing.

Elvis is the GM controlled AI of the spaceship, this is a Star Hero game. Samantha is trying to unravel a bit of missing time the crew has over the course of several days in game time.

Samantha: Elvis, before I was shot, who put the crew in cold storage in the cargo bay?

Elvis: I can't tell you.

Samantha: Because you don't know or because you're being difficult?

later. . .

Samantha: What shot me.

later still . . .

Samantha: How did Killian get back inside the ship?

and later still. . .

Samantha: Were you offline at the time?

Elvis: I was.... I can't tell you.

I'm convinced that last one was just to be annoying.

Almost forgot my current favorite exchange... several sessions ago:

Samantha: Elvis, what are the chances you can fabricate a tactical nuclear warhead, medium yield?

Elvis: That's funny Sam. Ha ha....wait you're serious?

she was.

Samantha: Any word on those nukes Elvis?

Elvis: It's a nuke Sam, not a sandwich.

Killian: Well, it's *kind of* a sandwich...

At the beginning of the current story arc the crew awoke on a station with a hole in their memories. Samantha noticed she had a few scars she didn't have before - laser burn marks. It was announced they were found dead and floating in space and revived.

Naturally there's some WTF? going on.

All the questions go back to possibly the only person awake at the time of the attack that got them killed in the first place - the AI that Samantha calls Elvis (I believe everyone else calls it Bob). So naturally she questions him. And gets nowhere.

So . . . the crew would also like to know what was going on aboard the ship.

I've worked out the two social problems which cause the most ulcers to characters in our evening game.

1. Vitus gets insulted or annoyed and attacks.

2. Felicity will talk to anyone who is not actively attacking her. Even in the middle of combat. Regardless of who or what they are ,this has included Gravitar(in combat with the rest of the group) and an Archdevil (see1.)

Void: (while addressing an archdevil)"We'll just the ultimate evil to leave the room. Felicity can you go now ?"

Felicity"Itold you that was onlyif that portals had continued draining through me,that I would become the ultimate evil and all powerful."

Tiff(archdevil administrator) "Really. " Forgets Vitus, all attention now on Felicity.

After yet another offer of help in gaining power,with Felicity arguing that she is a community protector and in a few hundred years s he'll have enough power to look after a world sized community.

Tiff finally left when Felicity kept repeating that the priority was to get her back safely to her home plane so that the could get back to stopping this dimension being destroyed. Unconcerned about the summoners being killed ,from her point of veiw it was suicide.The same thing happened to the people who summoned Vitus. people don't like being yanked out of their home plane.

(spacing due to keyboard problems.)

Missed the evening game last fortnight, because Sundog was sick. Weldun's afternoon game was on tho, so here's a few quotes.

Miss Chaos, Edge member and secretly superhuman daughter of one of the richer families in Edge City, is having her 21st. She's also going to come out (as a super ) to her parents, their peers, and the public. She's invited the nation's premiere super-photographer to get a good shot of her parent's reaction when she does. She's also invited the entire Edge team, a class-full of PRIMUS agents in dress uniform, various supervillains including Foxbat, various superheroes ( often Significant Others of the supervillians) and the local press ( they have to stay outside by the mud-wrestling pit, where any trouble-makers will get Bounced to ).

Despite the strong chance of trouble, Trawler (wearing an Optimus Prime outfit for his fancy dress ) is still feeling relaxed about the situation.

"Any day you're not eaten by a giant amorphous blob is a good day"
:D

Miss Chaos's parent are quite impressed when the crazed Foxbat turns up. Probably because he turns up in his secret identity, heir to a huge old-money fortune, now sadly fallen on hard times, but still of considerable appeal to rich snobs.. .

"You invited a Foswell? And they
accepted
?"

However, a genocidal anti-mutant group has heard that there's going to be a superhuman at the party ( the rumour got the numbers wrong ) , and they gatecrash it with masked henchmen and heavily armed battlerobots.

Zero
:
:help:
looking up nervously at the 10-foot-tall robot that has just punched it's way in through the wall.
"Um, excuse me sir - do you have an invitation?"

You forgot the teenage supers. The attackers were trashed (literally) by the Teenagers, not the adult supers.

Our cast of characters:

Queeog: A young doll maker who can make her dolls come to life.

Ghost Hunter: Psychic martial artist.

Solar: Atomic powered super-hero that is the fusion of two other people - Harry (a private detective) and Dr. [who's name I forget] (a nuclear physicist; it was his experiment that blew up to create Solar).

Sentential: Human being possessed by an alien symbiont.

Iron Maiden: Basically Wonder Woman with the addition of healing powers; currently missing about half of her powers (including flight & invulnerability). She has a major phobia about spiders.

[Queeog is being questioned by a group of scientists to learn the extent of her powers.]

Scientist: The report says that you're capable of animating almost 3 dozen of your dolls at once. Is that correct?

Queeog: That's what the report says. So [shrug], I guess so.

Queeog: Solar had a mom?

Ghost Hunter: Yeah, it was either Harry or the Doctor. We're not sure which.

Solar: Hey, they never locked lips.

Sentinel: I don't know what kind of sex education you had, but those aren't the parts that need to lock.

Ghost Hunter (OOC): The ironic thing is that we've gone off on a tangent talking about how we always go off on tangents.

Iron Maiden: Your spider bit me.

Queeog: My spider had a reason. The reason was, I told him to.

I was going to put this in my post about favorite manuevers, but it really is better here. Warning! Bad pun to follow!

Olorin, my unaging medieval mage form another dimension has a manuever that he dos not use a lot, but loves(entirely too much). He touches a non-flyer and t-ports them straigh up as far as the eye can see. He normally calls this "Flying lessons. Bounces don't count." Now for the pun.

Al least once he said "I worry about my flying lessons. No one ever seems to learn how to fly. I don't know if it's my students or me. In fact, they're all drop outs."

Things like this have cause his teammates to say "Someone needs to take a baseball bat to him." Over time, this has changed to "Where is that baseball bat?" Of course, Olorin now occasionally pulls a basball bat out of his bag of holding (plot device only, not usefull in combat) and grins when they say that. The rest of his team just shake their heads when he does that.

Guest Major Tom

I was going to put this in my post about favorite manuevers, but it really is better here. Warning! Bad pun to follow!

Olorin, my unaging medieval mage form another dimension has a manuever that he dos not use a lot, but loves(entirely too much). He touches a non-flyer and t-ports them straigh up as far as the eye can see. He normally calls this "Flying lessons. Bounces don't count." Now for the pun.

Al least once he said "I worry about my flying lessons. No one ever seems to learn how to fly. I don't know if it's my students or me. In fact, they're all drop outs."

Things like this have cause his teammates to say "Someone needs to take a baseball bat to him." Over time, this has changed to "Where is that baseball bat?" Of course, Olorin now occasionally pulls a basball bat out of his bag of holding (plot device only, not usefull in combat) and grins when they say that. The rest of his team just shake their heads when he does that.

Olorin's just asking for someone to stuff the Holy Hand Grenade of St.

Antioch in his codpiece, isn't he?

Major Tom :D

Olorin's just asking for someone to stuff the Holy Hand Grenade of St.

Antioch in his codpiece, isn't he? :D

If he knew what the Holy hand grenade is (and he probably would) he'd say "Don't you need to consult the 'Book of Armaments' first?" He'd also point out he has regular underwear under his robes. (and possibly prove the point)He's a goofball when things aren't serious, and hard to trully dislike since he is awlays smiling and is fun to be around - except when his puns get really bad. Even if he were trully annoying (he comes close at times) he is too useful to have around to kick out of the group.

For those of you that recall the Shadows Angelus game, the GM is starting a new campaign, Shadows Angelus II: Ten Years After.

We got together for a campaign and character discussion and....

Ross (the GM) is fiddling with a prop gun and it goes off: "Oh! It's loaded!"

Later we go out to dinner and one of our fellow players is giving directions: "I'm following the water stain at the moment."

From today's Knight Rangers game, in which the heroes accidentally trapped the minds of seven innocents into Download's "Live Action MMORPG"

Redwave: We should do something for those kids.

Stick: You mean...ha..have...kids in the house?

Redwave: Look. Their mother got mind transferred into a robot. They need help.

Kighthawk: I'll call my personal assistant and have her get a very good Nanny with counselling skills.

Stick: That's not fair! They're going to infest our house!

-----------------------------------------------

While the kids are at the house of Redwave and Stick, in their secret identities, the eldest of the three children, a smoking juvenile delinquent, gets uppity...

Delinquent: Hey, Mother Teresa...(leans in and whispers) "I'm gonna !@#$ your husband, and he's going to love it."

Redwave: Hey, kid. Unlike you, I grew up on the South Side of Chicago. Touch him for a second, and I swear I'll take you outside and kick your ass!

Stick: Oh, and she'll do it, too.

---------------------------------------------------

Later, after the mind transferred people agree to an extremely unusual untransfer...

Knighthawk: We should ask if the temporary foster family would be willing to assist in paying to fly the bodies here.

Stick: I don't know...maybe we should ask him....

Redwave: Honey, you HAVE to sleep sometime...

Armadilla (the power armored one) uses her surprise attack to blind the group of thugs about to mug a couple. In the ensuing chaos, she runs in and wisks away the would be victims. A few blocks later the disoriented and blinded couple hear these reassuring words from their savior: "I flashed them. Don't worry you're safe now."

From last night's Champions game...

Serendipity is questioning a captured VIPER agent about the latest Chicago Nest Leader, Magnetite. The heroes had fought him once, captured him temporarily, and Synergy had spent some time studying Magnetite's armored battlesuit. In fairness to Serendipity, that battle was over four months ago in the real world.

Serendipity: So, are Magnetite's powers natural or technological?

VIPER Agent: (Thinking about Magnetite's large and rather obvious battlesuit) Um, you *did* fight him before, didn't you? Or was that a different Serendipity?

- - - - - - - -

The heroes learn that a criminal organization known as the Thuggery is recruiting some muscle to work with the Ultimates.

Squeeze: "The Thuggery"?!?! Why not just call it "Thugs R Us"?

- - - - - - - -

When the heroes of S-Squad were battling the Ultimates at Fermilab:

Sentinel: I use my x-ray vision to look through the walls and see where each of the Ultimates are inside.

GM: (begins placing character figures on the map) Okay, Binder's here... Slick's here... Thunderbolt's in the control room... Cyclone's flying up here... you don't see Blackstar... and Radium is right here. (rolls dice) At first, Radium was facing away from you, but he turns and looks RIGHT AT YOU.

Sentinel: Oh, crap! He has radiation powers too! (turns to teammates) Um, guys? They know we're here...

- - - - - - - -

Best taken out of context:

Synergy (male superhero): Did Blackstar knock me up?

... and later on...

Synergy: Well, Blackstar was running at me with that long pipe, and my back was to him, so I was kinda worried...

- - - - - - - -

Cyclone did a double-knockback full-speed move-through on Squeeze, sending him into a wall and knocking him out.

Squeeze: (shrugs) Well, I've still got Slick grabbed, so if I'm going into the wall, so is he.

- - - - - - - -

Synergy calls PRIMUS tech guru Carter, aka "the Professor".

Synergy: Hey Professor, could you do me a favor?

Carter: What is it?

Synergy: I need you to hack into the Fermilab phone system and transfer all calls made from any phone to a specific speakerphone here.

Carter: Why?

Synergy: Thunderbolt may try to escape via the phone lines, and I don't want him getting away.

Carter: heh, heh, heh. No, I've got a better idea... (begins routing all Fermilab outside lines directly to the PRIMUS base's holding cellblock)

This'll be a first -- we'll phone in our captures...

Synergy calls PRIMUS tech guru Carter, aka "the Professor".

Synergy: Hey Professor, could you do me a favor?

Carter: What is it?

Synergy: I need you to hack into the Fermilab phone system and transfer all calls made from any phone to a specific speakerphone here.

Carter: Why?

Synergy: Thunderbolt may try to escape via the phone lines, and I don't want him getting away.

Carter: heh, heh, heh. No, I've got a better idea... (begins routing all Fermilab outside lines directly to the PRIMUS base's holding cellblock)

This'll be a first -- we'll phone in our captures...

Brillant! Repped.

The heroes learn that a criminal organization known as the Thuggery is recruiting some muscle to work with the Ultimates.

Squeeze: "The Thuggery"?!?! Why not just call it "Thugs R Us"?

And now I can't get the words "Thuggery Barn" out of my head.

"Oh, and it's an exploding lamp."

From the Edge City campaign

Barbara vdB is bringing me up to speed on the previous session's events, in which an as-yet unidentified assassin is using some really unusual weapons to target the local animorphs.

"An inhalant paralysing agent based on squid sperm... that reminds me, I've got a question for you, Drhoz."

later, in the actual game, Zero has to explain what one of these other weapons, the Trilobite Grenades, looks like to Avatar.

Zero
: "... they're sort of these big... cockroach things...that live in the water. They're extinct now, apart from these ones, that explode"

Weldun GM
: "Which doesn't bode well for the future of the species"

And further to biology, discussing Avatar's peculiar existence as a young living entity of solar plasma

"Of course, he should have hit puberty by now and started getting sunspots."

Me
: "If he was female she'd have started her solar cycles."

Patrolling the city to try and catch any sign of the assassin, after other suggestions were shouted down

Trawler
: "Remember the Team Constitution - we're not allowed to use Zero as bait more than once a month"

: "but we didn't do it last month!"

Zero
:
:mad:
"saving up for Christmas, were you?"

Things are spotted

GM
: "Avatar, you've spotted something green and gold in an alleyway"

Zero OOC
: "It's the Australian Cricket team!"

It's VIPER agents, talking to local animorphs.

over the mindlink
: "Can you tell everybody that's there's two VIPER snakes talking to some other snakes?"

:confused:

Zero points out a few drawbacks to VIPER's recruitment, based on the snake's species.

"A yellow-belly isn't a good start when you're hiring evil henchmen. Unless you're the hero - 'Surrender now!' *
throws up hands
* 'OK!' "

In the Kingdom City campaign, various world-breaking shenanigans are afoot. The party-members are responsible for most of them. For example, Vitus' presence as a dimensional anomaly has caused the local universe to careen across the dimensions, paused only by the ritual he cast the previous session.

Vitus
smug, about the disaster his presence is causing this universe
: I, personally, am dooming an entire universe. Can any of YOU say that?
:king:

Actually, they can, since Void is well into the third Trimester of pregnancy with IOT-SOKOT, Eater of Souls, Felicity is monstrously susceptible to becoming a being of Ultimate Evil if she's ever exposed to a contaminated mana-source again, and The Storm Lord is driving himself psychotic over some prophecy that his existence and/or death will mean oblivion for himself and/or this world and most regions adjacent.

Vitus OOC
: "Isn't it nice that in one small group of Nebraskan Superheroes we have 4 potential Ends Of The World"

Felicity OOC
: "I think you mean 'Universe'"

Sundog GM
: "And we're well past 'potential'"

Your choice of Apocalypse, no waiting.

Naturally, various involved parties such as Doctor Destroyer have already noticed some of these threats and have taken steps to remove the source. However, as Vitus has pointed out to his teammates, who were considering the same, Vitus is perfectly prepared to collapse the universe out of spite if anybody tries anything.

The Spectre
: "But what about Destroyer! He sent a squad of Destroids after you yesterday!"
:eek:

Vitus
: "I can forgive him that - I'll put it down to his aggravation at Void so rudely following his chauffeur back to the asteroid base. Although I can fault Destroyer's timing - trying to kill me mid-ritual really was quite irritating."
:cool:

So the party have quite a lot on their plate.

Felicity
: "So we have to deal with the three problems, apart from Void"

Void
: "I don't have to deal with any of the problems?"

Felicity
: "No, you're the other problem"

Void
: "Oh cool, I'm Number Four"

The Gunney
: "You're the embodiment of death!"

The Spectre OOC
: "More the embodiment of the void between everything, the Null - for Void, mere vacuum both sucks and blows"

Void
: "Speaking of things that both suck and blow, what's the Spectre up to?"

On top of everything else, this universe's new position in the multiverse makes magic much more powerful, and binding spells almost ineffectual. For example DEMON, trying to summon something to kill Vitus (for slaughtering the coven that accidentally summoned him) and instead getting an archdevil, that promptly slaughtered everybody present for interrupting her work. The first Vitus learns of this is when Felicity invites the Archdevil T'f back to the tenement for tea, and calls Vitus up on the intercom.

Felicity
: "There's somebody here that I'ld like you to meet - she came into the world the same way you did"

Vitus
:
".... but I don't have any sisters...."

Vitus's opinion of Earth is offered, by way of greeting

Vitus
: "Welcome to Hell"

T'f
: "Noooo.. I think I'd know if I was in Hell."

Vitus is of course utterly horrified by what Felicity has done, and spends the rest of the session in completely futile attacks on T'f's person, and frantically arranging banishment rituals. The latter require certain ingredients.

Vitus
running out into the street and screaming at the top of his voice
: "I need a virgin and I need one now!"

And of course crashing into the room of one of his quieter students, and demanding

"Have you ever had sex?"

"... Define 'Sex'"

boggles
* "Swiving, Plowing, whatever the **** you call it around here""

Meanwhile Felicity is mixing drinks for her guest, and exchanging information (silly, silly woman)

T'f
: "I run a Circle"

Felicity
: "I always thought there was something evil about clowns."

T'f
: "A Circle of Hell"

Felicity
: "Oh, a
circle
"

Felicity, in return, happily tells her guest all about her Ultimate Evil problems, the dimensional gate Vitus guards, etc etc etc

The Spectre
:
"We are NOT having this conversation in front of the being of supernatural evil"

Void
: "Oh, I'm sorry. Felicity could you leave the room?"

T'f leaves, now entirely aware of the existence of an almost undefended universe where access is easy, magic is potent, binding rituals don't work, dimensional nexi lie around in kitchen cupboards and a potential Ultimate Evil lives in a 7th storey apartment.

The Spectre
:idjit:
"This party has the worst case of chronic foot-in-mouth disease I have ever seen"

Guest Major Tom

In the Kingdom City campaign, various world-breaking shenanigans are afoot. The party-members are responsible for most of them. For example, Vitus' presence as a dimensional anomaly has caused the local universe to careen across the dimensions, paused only by the ritual he cast the previous session.

Vitus
smug, about the disaster his presence is causing this universe
: I, personally, am dooming an entire universe. Can any of YOU say that?
:king:

Actually, they can, since Void is well into the third Trimester of pregnancy with IOT-SOKOT, Eater of Souls, Felicity is monstrously susceptible to becoming a being of Ultimate Evil if she's ever exposed to a contaminated mana-source again, and The Storm Lord is driving himself psychotic over some prophecy that his existence and/or death will mean oblivion for himself and/or this world and most regions adjacent.

Vitus OOC
: "Isn't it nice that in one small group of Nebraskan Superheroes we have 4 potential Ends Of The World"

Felicity OOC
: "I think you mean 'Universe'"

Sundog GM
: "And we're well past 'potential'"

Your choice of Apocalypse, no waiting.

Naturally, various involved parties such as Doctor Destroyer have already noticed some of these threats and have taken steps to remove the source. However, as Vitus has pointed out to his teammates, who were considering the same, Vitus is perfectly prepared to collapse the universe out of spite if anybody tries anything.

The Spectre
: "But what about Destroyer! He sent a squad of Destroids after you yesterday!"

Vitus
: "I can forgive him that - I'll put it down to his aggravation at Void so rudely following his chauffeur back to the asteroid base. Although I can fault Destroyer's timing - trying to kill me mid-ritual really was quite irritating."
:cool:

So the party have quite a lot on their plate.

Felicity
: "So we have to deal with the three problems, apart from Void"

Void
: "I don't have to deal with any of the problems?"

Felicity
: "No, you're the other problem"

Void
: "Oh cool, I'm Number Four"

The Gunney
: "You're the embodiment of death!"

The Spectre OOC
: "More the embodiment of the void between everything, the Null - for Void, mere vacuum both sucks and blows"

Void
: "Speaking of things that both suck and blow, what's the Spectre up to?"

On top of everything else, this universe's new position in the multiverse makes magic much more powerful, and binding spells almost ineffectual. For example DEMON, trying to summon something to kill Vitus (for slaughtering the coven that accidentally summoned him) and instead getting an archdevil, that promptly slaughtered everybody present for interrupting her work. The first Vitus learns of this is when Felicity invites the Archdevil T'f back to the tenement for tea, and calls Vitus up on the intercom.

Felicity
: "There's somebody here that I'ld like you to meet - she came into the world the same way you did"

Vitus
:
".... but I don't have any sisters...."

Vitus's opinion of Earth is offered, by way of greeting

Vitus
: "Welcome to Hell"

T'f
: "Noooo.. I think I'd know if I was in Hell."

Vitus is of course utterly horrified by what Felicity has done, and spends the rest of the session in completely futile attacks on T'f's person, and frantically arranging banishment rituals. The latter require certain ingredients.

Vitus
running out into the street and screaming at the top of his voice
: "I need a virgin and I need one now!"

And of course crashing into the room of one of his quieter students, and demanding

"Have you ever had sex?"

"... Define 'Sex'"

boggles
* "Swiving, Plowing, whatever the **** you call it around here""

Meanwhile Felicity is mixing drinks for her guest, and exchanging information (silly, silly woman)

T'f
: "I run a Circle"

Felicity
: "I always thought there was something evil about clowns."

T'f
: "A Circle of Hell"

Felicity
: "Oh, a
circle
"

Felicity, in return, happily tells her guest all about her Ultimate Evil problems, the dimensional gate Vitus guards, etc etc etc

The Gunney
:
"We are NOT having this conversation in front of the being of supernatural evil"

Void
: "Oh, I'm sorry. Felicity could you leave the room?"

T'f leaves, now entirely aware of the existence of an almost undefended universe where access is easy, magic is potent, binding rituals don't work, dimensional nexi lie around in kitchen cupboards and a potential Ultimate Evil lives in a 7th storey apartment.

The Spectre
:idjit:
"This party has the worst case of chronic foot-in-mouth disease I have ever seen"

Damn, and I thought that Powerstar (my character in my GM's campaign) was

having a rough time... compared to this, he's getting off light.

Major Tom :eek: