Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest Major Tom

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie:

From Munchkin Fu:

A player equips an item, then uses an 'enhancer' on it...

"I'll wear the Hong Kong Thong, then make it Long..."

(everybody collapses laughing)

Someone should have done a Sisqo just then:

"That Long, Hong Kong Thong!"

Major Tom :D

Last week at the Live Action game I play (LARP):

Sunday morning, everyone is downstairs in the Inn, getting on line for Breakfast (its a weekend long boffer combat fantasy game).

Sasha (a cat girl warrior) shows up with none of her armor on. (the character was in full makeup, including a cat suit, wearing baggy period pants and a tank top)

John Owens (a human warrior) turns to her from the other end of the line and says: "Sasha, where's the rest of your cloths?"

Sasha: "Well Falasar is upstairs, and I don't know where the rest are."

After a moment of shock, everyone in the room turns to her and looses it laughing.

Sasha: "What's so funny, didn't you want to know where the rest of Ultor (the barony she is a member of) is?"

John: "No, I asked where the your clothing is..."

Falasar (human wizard) walks into the room (having not a clue what's been going on, and looking dead to the world tiered).

John: "apparently speaking of which..."

Everyone looses it again.

Falasar: "Did I miss something?"

What *I* don't understand is why Vitus is considered a hero.

Unless it's the "PC" tattoo.

Who considers him a hero?

But if anyone does, it’s for the same reasons that Belkar in Order of the Stick is. He’s with the good guys. Not ONE OF the good guys, just “with” the good guys.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks Wong in the Long Hong Kong Thong is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.

Every superhero group ought to have a pet supervillain who hangs out with them, and pursues his mostly harmless plots under their watchful eye.

This has a strong defensive element to it, as its primary pragmatic benefit. Let's face it, while Magneto was in the X-Mansion, attacks by supervillains were pretty low, and almost always the last thing they ever did. ;) Heroic? Not especially. Allowed the heroes more time to spend doing really heroic things? Absolutely.

When the Punisher, at his anti-heroic best, took on Dr. Doom.. well, Doom paid dearly for his arrogance. But would the FF let him move in to the Baxter Building? No. And see where it got them: captured over and over again, in chaos and perpetually turning over new members.

Hitch up Kang with the Avengers, keep him on a short leash.. well, Kang is pretty lame, so maybe a bad example. Juggernaut or Absorbing Man and Titania.. they might do. Have them backing up the Avengers, and see how many fewer aliens consider blowing up the Avenger's mansion.

Just saying. ;)

In my HeroCentral game:

Witchcraft (of the Champions) has been stalked every night by a group of unknowns. "Last night," she was chased and attacked by 20 men, but rescued by two PCs, Amazon and Pinky (both female supers). The next day, a strange attack by three villainous supers takes place at the New Urbana Galleria. They commandeer a news camera and challenge and heroes of light, saying that their dark lords will win, destroy the planet, etc. At the same time that the New Urbana Galleria is being attacked, Homestead is attacked by at least six DEMON agents. The six DEMON agents get captured as do the three villains who attacked the NUG. During the commotion, Witchcraft "mysteriously" disappeared. The police suspect abduction since there was were tire tracks in Joggers Park and they began at the fire exit of the New Millennium Theater (the last direction Witchcraft was seen heading). Our team of supers has NINE captured villains, six of whom are verifiable DEMON agents, the other three spouted off about evil and darkness.

Amazon: Unless [Witchcraft] managed to get away and is now hiding somewhere, I think that we need to find the people who were trying to capture her to get her back or stop them so that she doesn't have to worry about them chasing her again.

GM: :jawdrop:

I as the GM, Try to drop a less-than-subtle hint...

NPC: "Didn't you just capture some of them? I know I haven't been to the patty wagon, but word travel fast and we were told you captured two or three of these people here, not to mention some at Homestead." She aims her badge at Amazon, revealing her name is Georgia Marshall, and says, "Now, I know I'm generally the forensics team and not a street detective, but shouldn't you ask whomever you've got? I'm sure the real detectives will if you don't."

Later, three PCs try to discover any "clues" left by the tire tracks, even while the police crime scene investigators are doing their seach. With them having successful PER rolls, I tell them there is no tell-all clue and that the one with criminology sees the police are doing everything right in gathering evidence.

Snow Leopard: Been told no rescued civilians came out the theater door, so they believe this is where Witchcraft was taken. (OOC) That sounds intriguing, thank the officer and go through the open door.

No one thinks to question the captured NPCs yet, so I title a post called OIGMPD ...

GM as Sapphire: (Being prevented from blasting captured people in the face) No! They know where Witchcraft is, damnit! They're the ones who've been following her! They're the ones who created this distraction! They sent their agents to Homestead as well to make sure they got her! I want some answers!

GM as PRIMUS agent: Hey, hey, hey! Calm down! I know you want answers, we do to. But we're the good guys. You can't just go threatening to blast their faces off if they don't tell you.

GM as Sapphire: Then how am I supposed to get my answers?!

GM as PRIMUS agent: Just go down to the station. I'm sure they'll let you ask once these guys have been searched and processed.

PC responses from hearing this...

Snow Leopard: Continues search in theater

Field Test: (Asking PCs and NPC heroes about tire tracks) Don't suppose any of you are all that good at tracking, are you?

Pinky: shakes her head at Field Test... "Sorry if it was a chemical analysis or a Latin translation...I would be the one to go to...but tracking..it's not my thing."

Some days, you can't even throw a clue brick at your players, because they'll look at knockback instead. :o

Some days, you can't even throw a clue brick at your players, because they'll look at knockback instead. :o

Wait, so you're saying that you've inserted some subtle clue about how they might find Witchcraft's location?

I'll have to reread your quotes and see if I can figure it out.

If only they had captured some agents or something . . .

Well, we didn't know that they were agents of the same people, in our defense... and one of us had been going to try talking with them shortly after Sapphire started threatening to melt faces, but they left before he could do so. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, we have a saying in my family. Sometimes we need a subtle hint that we're doing the wrong thing... you know, like a steel baseball bat to the forehead.

So... you were attacked by large groups of people, and someone was captured in the middle of the fight.... and you didn't think they were directly connected?

How long you been slinging dice?

(just messin' with ya... we've all missed the brick wall even as we slammed into it at high speed)

Well' date=' we didn't know that they were agents of the same people, in our defense...[/quote']I know, connecting DEMON and someone spouting they're the champion of darkness and yelling about Nether Lords isn't enough of a coincidence. :winkgrin:

and one of us had been going to try talking with them shortly after Sapphire started threatening to melt faces, but they left before he could do so.
True, though I'd like to add that one of them didn't decide to go ask until after the criminals were carted away and Sapphire flew off. :D

Unfortunately, we have a saying in my family. Sometimes we need a subtle hint that we're doing the wrong thing... you know, like a steel baseball bat to the forehead.
I must say jkwleisemann always keeps a positive (and generally humorous) outlook regardless of what happens. :thumbup:

GM: Ok, so we have our group. A wizard, a rogue, and paladin. What is the paladin's name again?

Paladin: He's a knight...also he is a Minotaur.

GM::nonp:...what?

Paladin: Yeah, his name is Sir Loin.

Now, if he had said "...also, he is a well-endowed Minotaur," that would have been even funnier with the name. ;)

Guest Major Tom

Now' date=' if he had said "...also, he is a well-endowed Minotaur," that would have been even funnier with the name. ;)[/quote']

At the very least, it would explain why there'd be at least one old lady in

whatever village the group happens to be passing through at the time who

lets out with a hollered "WHERE'S THE BEEF??"

Major Tom :D

....How could the GM have not known the Paladin was a Minotaur? Isnt that the kind of thing that should jump out at you?

Some GMs fail at the whole 'look at the character sheet closely' bit when reviewing characters. I've met a few who don't even bother, they just trust that the player knows what they're doing and didn't do anything ridiculous.

Some GMs fail at the whole 'look at the character sheet closely' bit when reviewing characters. I've met a few who don't even bother' date=' they just trust that the player knows what they're doing and didn't do anything ridiculous.[/quote']

Ive always gamed with people that consider it unwritten contract that if you are doing something unusual (playing a Minotaur comes under that in my book) or abusing any particular rules or interpretation of such you make a point of telling the GM. That a GM has to go through every character sheet in-depth sounds almost like a lack of trust (going through every character background is another matter.)

Oh, Quote of the week?

"I havent gamed for two months" :(