Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Okay, there was much debate and arguement over whether or not this could constitute the quote of the week from our gaming group. But I think it was funny and so I am posting it.

"Somebody climb into the pitfall to keep Don company."

Or,

"Don, search the chamberpots for magic items".

Anyone remember the old Protector's Hero Group? Here are some quotes from around the old game table with Scott Heine at the helm as our Game Master...

Situation: An agent is holding a woman hostage during, what should be, the early "easy" part of an adventure. While several heroes are trying to decide how to negotiate with the Viper agent and save the hostage the player of Helios pipes up. "Ok so I blast him...I use my most powerful killing attack and I blast the Viper Agent."

Helios goes on to roll three one's on his attack roll and incinerates the poor female hostage on the spot. As our entire Hero Team (almost all of us have high levels of Code versus Killing) gape at the smoldering crater that was the hostage Helios turns to us all and shrugs saying...

"Oh well...no more hostage situation."

The various incarnations that Mechanon would appear in as a reoccuring villain in some of the more tongue in cheek Protector's episodes...

"The Mecha-Salesmen" Mechanon decides that commerce is the way to conquer the world and opens his own assertive door to door vaccum cleaner salesman business.

"Mecha-Tree" Mechanon decides that the most populous life form on earth are planets and decides to organize a revolt among the trees of the national forest against their vile human oppressors.

"Mecha-Claus" This one was one of mine. Mechanon decides that the way to conquer earth is to steal christmas. To do so he uses a shrink ray and kidnaps hundreds of Macy's christmas santas figuring that sooner or later he'll capture the REAL santa claus and then the world will be doooomed doooomed.

Mechanon dresses up in a santa suit and holds the mini santa clauses hostage in glass christmas bulbs on his tree.

Situation: The Protectors are involved in a potentially universe ending plot thread where they can either talk their way out or creatively think their way out of a situation or risk ending the entire universe... Helios' player again decides that he's finished waiting for the rest of us to try and figure out the situation and man of action that he is decides to risk everything by taking out the bad guy with an attack...

Scott, something like..."Are you CERTAIN you want to do this. If you do I am going to have you roll a dice. If you roll a 1,2 or 3 the universe is ok. If you roll a 4,5 or 6 the entire Universe is destroyed and all of you with it..."

Helios. "What could possibly go wrong..." "Sure I'll roll"

Visions of screaming flaming hostages swam before the eyes of several Protector's players that evening but it was a pretty hilarious moment for those that were there.

Ed

Anyone remember the old Protector's Hero Group? Here are some quotes from around the old game table with Scott Heine at the helm as our Game Master...

Situation: An agent is holding a woman hostage during, what should be, the early "easy" part of an adventure. While several heroes are trying to decide how to negotiate with the Viper agent and save the hostage the player of Helios pipes up. "Ok so I blast him...I use my most powerful killing attack and I blast the Viper Agent."

Helios goes on to roll three one's on his attack roll and incinerates the poor female hostage on the spot. As our entire Hero Team (almost all of us have high levels of Code versus Killing) gape at the smoldering crater that was the hostage Helios turns to us all and shrugs saying...

"Oh well...no more hostage situation."

I'm hoping that it was three sixes or that it was an unluck roll. Seems like a bad penalty for rolling the best possible.

In today's "New Sentinels" game session, Horus-Re discovered that Starguard's power was apparently torn from the body of a murdered angel, and invested in her against her will, as an unintended consequence of some mad satanic ritual.

He took the angel's body up to the edge of space, and said these words, into the vacuum, to mark its passing.

"She does well with Your power, with Your spirit, if that is any comfort. She is a marvel with it."

"I know [the spoken word] does not carry here, but I prefer the gesture, and it is written in the scriptures of Your own people that the mother of one of the greatest of the sacred judges spoke soundlessly to the Divine and was heard."

"I must apologize for one more thing to You while I can, even if it is in advance. As I say, /she/ does well with it.

"Beings such as You and I, are forceful, powerful, granted grace and majesty as part of our nature, to the point where what innate goodness, strength and wonder such as resides in a young woman.. could be overwhelmed.

"I will not allow it.

"What good she does, she will do. What grace she has, will come from herself. Your power and essence will continue to aid this world, to save this world... but it will do so through her. I ask, if You can be aware of such a thing, to be content with such a thing."

"There is goodness enough in her that should be allowed to be nurtured, allow to flourish. Do that instead. Aid in that instead. For if you seek to do otherwise, if you seek to overtake her...

... we will have words, you and I."

Folks, I have just seen a PC tell off God Himself to his face, in utmost sincerity.

Awesome.

(And no, Horus-Re is nowhere near as powerful as the Presence. He's only about as powerful as Superman or Black Adam.

And yet, because he is who he is, the Champion of the Unconquered Sun, the only child of the ancient Turakian deity of truth and justice and honor... he will take this stand, no matter the odds against him.)

(note -- minor corrections have been made in the above quote for punctuation and capitalization)

Helios goes on to roll three one's on his attack roll and incinerates the poor female hostage on the spot.

Not meaning to detract too much from the thread, but why did the blast kill the hostage? Was it an area effect or an explosion? Rolling three ones would be the best possible outcome, how did this happen?

Not a gaming group per se, but it was at the most recent meeting for the Nuke-Con staff and it got everyone laughing, is that close enough?

We have a contact with a local print shop who is willing to take homemade baked goods in partial payment for minor jobs. In the course of some discussion of who was delivering the brownies to him, we had this comment: "There are two things that make the best bribes for a single man, and since we're a family-friendly convention we'll stick with food."

In today's "New Sentinels" game session, Horus-Re discovered that Starguard's power was apparently torn from the body of a murdered angel, and invested in her against her will, as an unintended consequence of some mad satanic ritual.

He took the angel's body up to the edge of space, and said these words, into the vacuum, to mark its passing.

Folks, I have just seen a PC tell off God Himself to his face, in utmost sincerity.

Awesome.

(And no, Horus-Re is nowhere near as powerful as the Presence. He's only about as powerful as Superman or Black Adam.

And yet, because he is who he is, the Champion of the Unconquered Sun, the only child of the ancient Turakian deity of truth and justice and honor... he will take this stand, no matter the odds against him.)

(note -- minor corrections have been made in the above quote for punctuation and capitalization)

Is this a PBeM game Chuckg? If so, where do I sign up?

No, it's a game played every Wednesday night via AIM chat, and we're already full.

The DM is JeffreyWKramer, who posts on this board. You can send him a PM and ask if you want.

Edit -- the chat logs of our games can be picked up by scrolling through this thread on CBR.com. Warning: we talk a lot.

Is this a PBeM game Chuckg? If so' date=' where do I sign up?[/quote']

As Chuck said, the campaign is full (6 players and a GM doing a RP-intensive game via unpredictable AOL IM is pretty tough as is), but feel free to check out the game logs, or even to drop in on a session as a spectator if you like. We RP a lot, so things are often slow-moving, but we're havnig a lot of fun.

In a Fantasy Hero game last night, we had three that stood out. All Three were relevant to the game, but the first one was not a misspeak as the second and third were. They sound a bit better left out of context, I think. But these were all lines our characters said.

Human fighter, male: "It was butts that got me in trouble."

Human thief, female: "Just shoot plans all in my holes."

Dwarf fighter, male: "I'd rather kill him while he's alive."

Dwarf fighter' date=' male: "I'd rather kill him while he's alive."[/quote']

FYI the Dwarf's name was not "W," :P it was actually my character, I meant to say "while he's awake." :)

Yesterday's L5R game:

The PCs were supposed to introduce themselves to an authority figure:

Character Kuni Lung: My name is... (looks at the other player)

Player of Kuni Lung: What was your name?

Later, on their first trip into the Shadowlands. They had brought in specially treated wood to burn while they took watch.

GM: After a couple of hours, the fire goes out.

Player of Kuni Lung: I wake up her character.

Character Kuni Lung: It's your watch.

FYI the Dwarf's name was not

Later, on their first trip into the Shadowlands. They had brought in specially treated wood to burn while they took watch.

GM: After a couple of hours, the fire goes out.

Player of Kuni Lung: I wake up her character.

Character Kuni Lung: It's your watch.

Back when I was in the army I was on a training exercise and guard duty was rotated from one 2 man tent to the next. Supposed to guard for an hour and then wake up the next tent to guard. First day we figured out that we could simply wake up the next tent, and get an extra hour sleep.

From the New Sentinels campaign:

Princess Cyrande, being brought up to speed on some bits of Earth's really weird history while eating dinner with Microman II, Dr. Collins, and Dr. Silverback, just got hit with the part where the Atlanteans are actually magically transformed humans.

Cyrande -- *double take* "If this were any other planet, I'd say that's impossible."

From later on in the same conversation...

Cyrande -- "Perhaps. Though I have to say, Earth is certainly not what I expected."

Microman II -- "What did you expect?"

Cyrande -- "Something... simpler then this planet has proven to be. Though I have to admit, it's going to be interesting to see what you'll do in my time here."

Microman II -- "Assuming you stay for a minimum of three months, we will probably save the planet from total annihilation."

2 Quotes:

Fantasy Hero

Party is infiltrating a, up to this point, neutral complex. Rounding a corner they startle a group of resting guards.

Full-Plate Dwarf with a Poleaxe leading the group: I draw my axe in a non-threatening manner. "We're just passing through."

Dark Champions

Party is tooling through a null-zone to get to the wastes. They reach a roadblock set up by one of the local gangs, which now has them surrounded. Members of the team are ex-hostage negotiator, a SEAL, a sorcerer, and a mechanic/brick named Jack Hammer with the disad Distinctive Features: BMF.

Jack Hammer to the group as he stops the vehicle: I'll take care of this. I know these guys.

Jack Hammer steps out of the car, 8 gangland guns pointed at him, and shuts the door. He casually looks at the gang members and then eyes the leader: So, what do you f*$%#@& want?!

SEAL player to Jack's player: THAT'S how you're gonna handle it?

The tactic actually worked, as they were all shocked long enough for the players to get the drop on them. After 1 phase of combat, the remaining 2 fled.

#1 - "We kill the women, rape the sheep, then cook and eat the men..."

#2 - "I'm fairly new to this torture thing so you'd better tell me what I need to know before I make a mistake."

#3 - PC#1 says "We need help. I just emptied a 100 round drum into that guy and he's still coming at us." PC#2 says "No shit?"

#4 - PCs are taking cover, hiding from a barrage of small arms fire. One PC lobs a stick of dynamite at the enemy. Everything goes quiet after the explosion. PC#1 says "Are they still alive?". PC #2 holds up the unconscious form of his fellow PC#3 and the body jerks as the bullets impact. PC#2 says "Yep, there still there."

#5 - PC#2 runs away from the crashed automobile that has pinned the vampire to the wall. PC#1 shouts at him "How long did you set the fuse for?" The only reply from PC#2 is the sound of rapidly receding footsteps...

Cascade, a brick made of hardened water, snuck into an enemy base through the pipes, coming up through the toilet just as an agent was unzipping his fly and preparing to do his business. He one-punched the guard.

Other player: "Hey, Cascade cold-cocked him."

Cascade, a brick made of hardened water, snuck into an enemy base through the pipes, coming up through the toilet just as an agent was unzipping his fly and preparing to do his business. He one-punched the guard.

Other player: "Hey, Cascade cold-cocked him."

:)