Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Bad guy sucks air out of Callisto's lungs. It's an END transfer.

GM: "He's TAKING a recovery." [rimshot]

Heh, I not only like the quote, but I like the description of the power build. I may be using that when I think of an appropriate villain for it (only thing I can think of now is Bulldozer doing a kiss. :eg: ).

Tonight's D&D game:

Regarding the female necromancer who has plagued our lives the past two years:

Devlyn: Well, we already know she's bi.

DM: Actually, she's tri. She'll try anything.

- - - - - - - - -

To avoid getting our ships sunk by a flotilla of Amazon women, we had to make a deal to provide them with 10 men in good health, whom they will take back to their islands, basically as property. So we're trying to find some criminal types deserving such a social demotion, or people with lives so crappy that this would be a step up.

Devlyn, our rogue, had spotted somebody hiding in an alley waiting to club and rob people. She snuck up and sapped him from behind.

Devlyn: Since he's unconscious, I'll check him out.

DM: He doesn't have anything of value. He seems to be some guy, down on his luck, trying to roll people.

Leila: But do his teeth look okay?

- - - - - - - - -

We find a guy who seems pretty far down, but he's suspicious of Leila's questions and flees the bar. The rogue follows him home, where he is drinking himself into a stupor and complaining to himself about how bad the world is treating him. For some reason, we decide to take him back with us anyway, willing or not.

Yllek (cleric): I'm so not getting any spells tomorrow...

- - - - - - - - - -

Best taken out of context:

DM: It's got three settings. It goes from 'Squeeze' to 'Squish' to 'Pop'

I'm prepping another character. Not just talking about who I might bring in to replace The Spectre' date=' I'm actually writing up Shadowfire. I just have to remember the athletic cup, in case Felicity survives.[/quote']

Just remenber, to make it armoured unless you want a g-string the first(& every) time that you annoy her.

(Transform- clothes to any other type of clothes- most copmmon user g-string & t-t tassles)

I'm prepping another character. Not just talking about who I might bring in to replace The Spectre' date=' I'm actually writing up Shadowfire. I just have to remember the athletic cup, in case Felicity survives.[/quote']

What do you mean if *Felicity* survives? If 3 has another man go and abandon her, she's going to go seriously apeshit...

In the world of Via, Daris speaks with Flora's would-be kidnapper, who doesn't recognize him. He reports back to Flora: "He said to bring you in chains and gagged, and that I should wear shin guards." He pauses for a beat. "He knows you pretty well."

Flora, lamenting OOC the difficulties of roleplaying angst: "My next character will be totally non-emo, and really promiscuous!"

Daris speaks with his wife (who's a dragon), who was left behind during his rescue mission, and is none too happy about it. "You were all like, 'ONOES, I must do this alone!'" she mocks.

Flora, who's napping in the next room, goes OOC to remark, "Okay, I REALLY want to see a dragon say, 'ONOES!'"

Rastal says he'll make up his being captured by the no-longer-brainwashed Lord Sebastian and leaving his fiancée out of his plans by bringing her someplace nice to dinner. The GM asks where, and Daris interjects, "The finest place that Lord Sebastian's money can buy."

Guest Major Tom

What do you mean if *Felicity* survives? If 3 has another man go and abandon her' date=' she's going to go seriously apeshit...[/quote']

Isn't she already there?

Major Tom :snicker:

Isn't she already there?

Major Tom :snicker:

well, she's still sane, just pissed-off enough to dropkick somebody's external gonads into their throat.

*pictures her doing that to Dr Destroyer* If that happens, I hope somebody gets it on film.

Originally Posted by *3*

What do you mean if *Felicity* survives? If 3 has another man go and abandon her, she's going to go seriously apeshit...

At least you've had one or two...got one....no it doesn't sound good either way. All 3 has to do is walk outside and say "I'm available" and she'll have a queue.

Felicity is still trying to get on a first date. Someone seems to have it in for her love life. (With the initials GM. NO she hasn't gota disad for it and I refuse to get one.)

What's the saying' Lucky at cards ,unlucky in love.' Though I don't think having an invasion/attack every time she makes a date is quite what they had in mind.

From the Maiden's Honor campaign:

------------

Sir Matthew (OOC): Well, Father Covington -is- dressed in "basic black".

Capt. Blackheart (OOC): Hes a NINJA! :eek:

------------

GM: So, you get into a game with several clerks, a few Ministers, and the Prime Minister himself. Make a couple of gambling rolls.

Captain Blackheart *rolls* (OOC): I critical..... Twice. :cool:

GM: *confirms the rolls*: So you have. Well, add a level of Wealth, and now you own the Prime Minister's shirt as well as some land in the Orkneys!

--------------

Captain Blackheart (OOC): I take a 5 foot step to here, and prep to HURT somebody, if they present themselves.

Father Covington (OOC): Im "sombody"! :weep:

--------------

GM: Where are you at 2 AM?

Sir Matthew (OOC): Im "Sleepless in Salisbury".

Just another teen super's vacation to Millennium City...

(Mole is talking to Diamond, from CU:NotW)

Mole grins, "You keep calling me kid, and I'm going to dub you 'old timer'..." Then he sobers slightly, "A quick summary? We got taken down fast, imprisoned, some of us worse than others as you probably can guess... I managed to get free with the help of Bravo's rope and... well, another victim of the Shadow Queen who became a friend. " He swallows, "She didn't make it, but she...she was freed of her curse at the end. I managed to find and free Witchcraft though she was aged for a time, and Ember broke free from wherever she was sent. A dead unicorn helped Ember, Witchcraft, the others and I take the Dragon down....did you know the Queen could turn into a dragon? A really BIG dragon. Huge. But I think it was the unicorn's spirit's last hurrah, so to speak, so I feel like I made two friends only to lose them. " Another pause, "I'm sure there's all sorts of mystical nuance that went straight over my head too."

This is from the Champions Online boards and concerns the hero Yankee Daring in a thread entitled 'What Villains are saying about Yankee Daring' posted by Yankee Daring. He's well slightly different.

“During a battle atop of a burning temple, Yankee Daring stopped to tuck a dollar bill in my temple priestess’s loin cloth. I’ve never seen such disrespect... and I’ve been alive for a two-thousand years.”

Ziggurat

Brutal Babylonian

"I told him Defender would never show up drunk to a bank robbery and he said that "Defender would probably never beat me with a parking meter.

I woke up from my coma two week later."

Florissant Man

Illuminated Ill-Willer

“He just doesn’t get it! During a break-in, Yankee Daring corners me. We start to tangle. Just as a bunch of other heroes show up, I take on his form. Usually what happens is there is so much confusion trying to figure out what’s going on, I can escape. Not with Yankee Daring!

The other heroes bust in, and as Yankee Daring I say, “Quick! He’s the imposter!

What’s suppose to happen is the original is suppose to declare his identity. Not Yankee Daring. He just grabs me and starts punching me over and over in the face! No professionalism!”

The Thespian

Deadly Doppleganger

“Yankee Daring is most dishonorable opponent. He kicked me in groin. Several time.”

Phantom Dragon

Shadowy Swordsman

“No matter what Yankee Daring might say, I do not have weapons of mass destruction in my bra.”

Death Embrace

Femme Fatale

“011010. Yankee Daring does not compute. As this unit lay malfunctioning on the ground, he urinated on me. 10010.”

CRAZE-bot KA-71

Mechanical Menace

“I may have enormous muscles and skin that can deflect bullets, but I still have feelings! I can shrug off a shotgun blast but when someone mocks me because of the way those chemicals mutated my body: It hurts! I may have decapitated that bank manager, but I... I... just show me a respect! I am still a human being... it is NOT okay that Yankee Daring keeps calling me ‘Captain D*#@ Fingers!’”

Chemator

Biohazard Bruiser

“Hah! You think the lines at the DMV are bad? You should get a load of Yankee Daring’s temper. I admit, I hit him with my car... Not that a guy with his powers would notice! But he has to go and blow a gasket! He rips the roof of my car and hits me so hard I leave skid marks in my underwear.

The worse thing is, when I told my car insurance company that Yankee Daring caused the damage to my car, they hung up on me! The man’s got a worse reputation than the Chevy Corvair.”

The Motorist

Getaway Driver

“I always say, ‘Comrades, do not underestimate the Yankee Daring. He hits like a T-90 and is ruthless like Stalin, but he is... how do you say... ‘big douche bag.’‘”

Warsaw Fury

Criminal Communist

“My gang of enigmas had just kidnapped the reporter Olivia Overstreet. As we made our way back to my secret lair, Yankee Daring showed up. He said, ‘So you like riddles? I’ll tell you what, you answer my riddle and I’ll let you take the girl.’

I, being the ‘Master Mindboggler.’ naturally agreed.

Yankee Daring said, ‘What has teeth but doesn’t eat?’

I laughed and lowered my Befuddler Ray! It was so easy! As I went to answer, ‘A comb! You simple fool!’ I was suddenly cut off when he sucker punched me and started kicking me in the head as I lay on the ground.

The real riddle is why the other heroes of Champion City don't take Yankee Daring off the streets.”

Brain Twister

Patron of Perplexity

“I thought we had something together: Yankee Daring and I. He told me he had to leave for a week to help save an alternate universe. Then I see him the very next day with that cheap floosie Swan Song! Then the jerk has the nerve to tell me he has an evil twin!”

Gamma Spark

Radioactive Renegade

“After he busted me and my Teen Idols, Yankee Daring stole my bottle of Cristol and scared my poor little dog Honeybee so bad she piddled in my Prada handbag! I was going to hire some guys like Murder Franchise or Blood Money to take him out. But then Daddy took away my Platinum Card after I got busted bringing those mannequins to life and they ate that kid.”

Patty Worse

Homicidal Heiress

"There's nothing more embarassing than being stabbed in the rear end with your namesake... except if it happened in front of your own mother. Thanks, Yankee Daring... She'll never shut-up now about how I should be more like my older brother Chad. I swiped a 'Pitchfork of Torment" from a whole other dimension and what has Chad done? Nothing! He's an assistant manager at a pizza parlor! Big frickin' deal... Sheesh... Thanksgiving is going to be especially brutal this year."

Pitchfork

Trident-wielding Terror

"Yankee Daring kicked me in my tadpoles."

Adrian Frog

Amphibian Adversary

"Yankee Daring is on a different level than the others... and that level is the gutter. Sure I pulled off the 'Queensgem Caper' right underneath his nose. All I had to do was distract him by having two of my duplicates make-out for awhile. I may have made off with the loot but I still feel dirty about the whole thing."

Lady Dozen

Mistress of Multiplication

"Yankee Daring's not so great! First off, he smells like my stepdad!

Second, has he ever built a giant robot duplicate of the 'Insectipede' miniboss? Does he have a secret lair modeled after the last stage in 'Crimson Castle '88'? I seriously doubt it! But I do! I am a genius! All he does is smash my creations!

Yankee Daring might have muscles but I got the brains! It's going to be ME with the highscore when I finish my 'Chompman' and 'Miss Chompman' bots! Yankee Daring laughed at me when I peed my pants but I am going to laugh at him when he's outta extra lives!"

The Quartermaster

8-bit Antagonistic

"I've had heroes dodge out of the way so I stuck a fuse box or robot control panel. With an arm like this, it just goes with the terrority. Yankee Daring, on the other hand, grabbed my arm and drove my blade into a moving subway train... I got dragged a half a mile."

Human Switchblade

Bionic Blademaster

“So I get the whole battle on camera. Awesome! I thought I’d make a mint off the ‘Pay-Per-View’ rights alone. What I didn’t expect was for Yankee Daring to come busting into my office in a real tear. He's drunk as a skunk and mad! I tells ya, he was ready to feed me to my own paper shredder. Literally, I tells ya.

I know it’s a long shot, but I offer him ten thousand right then and there. And he takes it! I can’t believes it, I tells ya, because everyone knows that the 'costumes' can’t be bought. Well, the jokes on me, I tells ya, because Yankee Daring beats the fudge outta me, turns me over to the cops and then walks off with the money... Was I talking too fast? Should I start over?”

Double Dealer

Sadistic Schemer

“%$ Yankee Daring! That *$#@ing %^#$! Take a %@ in MY %^$#ing handbag? If I ever %^@#ing see that ^@$ again, I’ll ^@#$ing shoot him in %@^$ face!”

Aunt Mayday

Matron of the Mafia

"What fools these mortals be... especially Yankee Daring. To think that Sapphire could possibly love the likes of him. The next time a group of heroes travel into the realm of the gods, he shall not steal my ambrosia!"

Lord Eros

Pompous God of Love

"It's not uncommon for us blackhats to join forces with the good guys in a time of crisis. When the so-called Grand Austrian Empire crossed the dimension border and invaded, Roughshod, Goodnight and myself were looking to take down some buzzballoons. Some of the heroes ignored us and some told us to stay put so they could come back and arrest us.

We finally hooked up with Yankee Daring and, like Goodnight said, 'Beggars can't be choosers.'

The four of us hiked up one of the sky scrappers and ambushed one of the floating fortresses as it passed underneath. I have to say Yankee Daring is pretty impressive when he not kicking your butt. He saved Goodnight when the Oberleutnant was about to throw her over the side and... well... with his crisp uniform, I don't think anyone had ever hocked a loogie in the Oberleutnant's face.

The best part was when Roughshod had chucked this limo into a group of buzzballoons. He must of taken out at least of a dozen of them. Anyway, some other heroes showed up all ****ed and wanted to know who destroyed the mayor's limousin.

Yankee Daring looks them right in the eyes and tells them that it was Defender. They look at each other and are muttering and he goes, 'Are you calling me a liar?' They say some stuff to Yankee and turn to walk away. As the Titans walked off, Yankee Daring gives them the finger. It was priceless."

Powerline

Villain of Voltage

A special "doctor" edition

"I've said it a hundred of times before! Making killer robots is a victimless crime! Somebody needs to explain to Yankee Daring if it's criminal to create atomic slaughter-bots than only criminals will have atomic slaughter-bots!

Here I am a non-violent so-called criminal and Yankee Daring breaks into my lab and starts to throttle me with a waste hose. Now my pleasure-bot won't look me in the eyes. Who's the real criminal here?"

Doctor Drone

Mechanized Merchant of Destruction

"Yankee Daring? He's a festering boil on the face of humanity. I would prescribe amputation from the shoulders on up."

Doctor Thirteen

Medical Miscreant

"I came to zis world to bring about a new world order in ze clouds. Not to be fondled by the likes of Yankee Daring. My Balloon Maidens and I are ze finest warriors of the Royal Balloon Corps of Archlord Franz Ferdinand the Fourth! We are not to be underdressed by ze eyes of a mongrel schweinhund! He even had ze audicity to say I 'had a nice pair of airbags.'

And one more thing! It wasn't funny ze first time he interrupted one of my royal decrees to say I was "full of ze hot air" and it's not funny ze hundredth time! Nein! That hurensohn... I don't... Oh ze humanity...

Doctor Dirigible

Baroness of Ballast

"I'm pressing charges! If I was a vertebrate, I was have been given legal council and my day in court! I would be beaten unconcious by Yankee Daring and dumped down an open manhole! I'm pressing charges!"

Doctor Calamari

Sinister Squid

“My circuits burn with shame. I was abandoned by my creator and left in a scrap heap with my memory wiped. That is nothing to the ache I feel when I process the situation I find myself in now. As I fight to prove myself, do I battle Defender or The Sorority? No... I have to settle for Yankee Daring! It is humiliating!”

The Obsolete

Cybernetic Psychotic

“With enemies like Yankee Daring who needs enemas? Am I right people? I mean, seriously, who are the ad wizards who came up with Yankee Daring? The guy can’t take a joke. I tried sending a hundred lawyers to the bottom of the ocean. Does that mean I should be strangled with my own rubber chicken? So I got a hyperactive sense of humor. Well, exxxccccccuuuuuuseeee me! The only thing Yankee Daring’s got is parents that are probably brother and sister... Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?”

The Gagman

Sadistic Showman

“Yankee Daring is a fool who thinks a ‘mammoth’ is a size of cheeseburger. He knows nothing of the ways of magic of the Permafrost World. Let the children of this world listen to my words. Do not put you faith in Noaidi or her confederate Yankee Daring. Their kind will bring you to destruction while the teachings of this wise woman bring you the joy of service... Yankee Daring understands nothing of my world or yours. His only purpose is to consume strong drink and interrupt my 'spell songs' by saying my bosoms look like ‘floppy saddlebags.’”

The Crone

Pagan of Permafrost

“My plan was going perfectly. I had enlisted the aid of several other so-called villains to build my finest creation: ‘The Nightmare Factory!’ Using the ‘dream waves’ of the children of the city for inspiration, it would manufacture a robotic monster army. Then I would crush the stupid heroes and their dumb little tramps...that teased me... in their skintight spandex.

Then Yankee Daring ruined everything! He busted in and LIED about how I was kicked out of a supergroup when I was still the pathetic Clarence Cosmos. Than that liar, that fowl drunk, suggested to my female cohorts that they should search my... um... ‘private files...’ Goodnight and Cobrinna forced me to give up my pass codes and Swan Song discovered the video files that I had taken with my nano-eyes. I tried to explain it was for strategic purposes! I had to know about their... eh... physical attributes.

As Yankee Daring howled with sick amusement, they processed to beat me to an inch of my life.

The worse was when Yankee Daring kept calling me ‘Clarence.’ He said stuff like 'Hey Clarence, that mask sures does cover up your big forehead' and 'A hundred cameras in the showers, Clarence? For a former boy genius you sure aren’t that bright' and 'Alright ladies, you can quit now. Clarence is bleeding outta his ears.'

I'm not Clarence! I am Nightware and Yankee Daring will pay!"

Nightware

Baneful Boy Genius

“Yankee Daring.... My boys will fit him for a ‘pine overcoat’ if his liver doesn’t kill him first.”

”Pizzaface” Franco Pisatoni

The Disfigured Dillinger

I like to give a quick nod to Empyreal for helping inspire "Pizzaface" Franco Pisatoni

Guest Major Tom

Oh, Lord...the day we've all been dreading has finally arrived.

Some demented, misguided soul has finally come up with the Champions

equivalent of Marfeldt the Barbarian.

God help us.

Major Tom :shock:

Yankee Daring sounds like a rougher Guy Gardner.
Yankee Daring is probably the meanest sunnuvabitch you'll ever meet.
Hmmm Sounds like he'd fit in perfectly in either of our champions games.
This is a PC? :ugly: Sounds like a cross between the Punisher and a grade-A jerk, like Wolverine: another villain who considers himself a hero.

Definitely not my playing style. YMMV.

While I don't like the character as stated, I must say the following made me think of Bulldozer and Guy Gardner.

"Yankee Daring is on a different level than the others... and that level is the gutter. Sure I pulled off the 'Queensgem Caper' right underneath his nose. All I had to do was distract him by having two of my duplicates make-out for awhile. I may have made off with the loot but I still feel dirty about the whole thing."

Lady Dozen

Mistress of Multiplication

With the Shadow Queen and her attempts to change MC into a dark faerie tale kingdom twharted, Mole explains to Diamond just what happened...

"A quick summary? We got taken down fast, imprisoned, some of us worse than others as you probably can guess... I managed to get free with the help of Bravo's rope and... well, another victim of the Shadow Queen who became a friend. " He swallows, "She didn't make it, but she...she was freed of her curse at the end. I managed to find and free Witchcraft though she was aged for a time, and Ember broke free from wherever she was sent. A dead unicorn helped Ember, Witchcraft, the others and I take the Dragon down....did you know the Queen could turn into a dragon? A really BIG dragon. Huge. But I think it was the unicorn's spirit's last hurrah, so to speak, so I feel like I made two friends only to lose them. " Another pause, "I'm sure there's all sorts of mystical nuance that went straight over my head too."

With the Shadow Queen and her attempts to change MC into a dark faerie tale kingdom twharted, Mole explains to Diamond just what happened...

"A quick summary? We got taken down fast, imprisoned, some of us worse than others as you probably can guess... I managed to get free with the help of Bravo's rope and... well, another victim of the Shadow Queen who became a friend. " He swallows, "She didn't make it, but she...she was freed of her curse at the end. I managed to find and free Witchcraft though she was aged for a time, and Ember broke free from wherever she was sent. A dead unicorn helped Ember, Witchcraft, the others and I take the Dragon down....did you know the Queen could turn into a dragon? A really BIG dragon. Huge. But I think it was the unicorn's spirit's last hurrah, so to speak, so I feel like I made two friends only to lose them. " Another pause, "I'm sure there's all sorts of mystical nuance that went straight over my head too."

Hmm, that sounds familiar. Ah, yes, this post!

Just another teen super's vacation to Millennium City...

(Mole is talking to Diamond, from CU:NotW)

:D