Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

More quotes (mostly OCC it seems) from our Chronicles of the Agency Pulps Champions game. Enjoy!

Continuing after Dr Sorras' escape...

GM: What are you going to do about the dinosaurs?

Rocket Ranger: What we need is a big deserted island that we can just drop them on and leave 'em.

Clubber: Hey, I know an island for that - Berlin!

Havoc: Uhm, Berlin's not an island.

Clubber: Wait 'til the dinosaurs get done with it! :eg:

That conversation continued:

Patriot: Hey, I know an island! We could drop them off on Japan. They've even got experience dealing with giant monsters!

Rocket Ranger: That's the problem. They have experience dealing with giant monsters.

Before we leave, we have to resupply:

Rocket Ranger: I can't go back in time! Where will I find gas to refuel my rocket pack?

Patriot: It's OK. I found a full 5-gallon gas can over there!

Rocket Ranger: High-octane jet fuel?

Patriot: It was next to a tractor. It's probably diesel. And it probably has dirt in it. Deal.

Rocket Ranger: :mad:

We jump into the time-portal:

Patriot: I hope I don't upset the time-stream by bringing a pair of powerful guns along with me

Everyone Else: :rolleyes:

The Patriot does some structural damage:

Patriot: See, if I were to destroy a part of the Colliseum in our time, I'd be a vandal. When I do it here, I'm a part of history!

Quotes from last night's Lab Work episode:

GM: Describing a 13-year old boy in a homemade costume with a bow and a quiver of arrows, "He's smaller than you."

Striking Tiger: "Than a Japanese girl?"

Later on, regarding the same superhero:

Singirl: "*sigh* Omnipresent, what are the laws on underage civilians helping out supers?"

Striking Tiger is in an office room where two terrorists are talking. She rolls a 16 on her stealth roll and bumps into a cabinet. For some reason, I asked her if she was in costume or not (trying to determine if they would mistake her for a hostage or not).

Striking Tiger: "I would have to be in-costume. I'm not Brick."

While I was up getting something to drink, Alice started talking about the character requirements for her 15-years later game. Mandy decided she was going to play the daughter of her current character. Mandy's current character is very, well, emo and traditionally she plays short characters.

Mandy: "My next character isn't going to be like that, she's going to be made of sugar and spice and everything nice."

Me:"Don't you mean short and pale and full of fail?"

The Infiniteens have been dispatched to deal with a 8 story tall Labrador puppy.

Singirl: Okay, we need a giant stick . . . or a frisbee."

Singirl: "Who's driving?"

Brick: "I am."

Brick: (I think) "Can we get some sort of pitch only dogs can here . . . ?"

The rest of us give him very perplexed looks as we realize it was a serious question.

After having been chased by the lab all through town, the puppy finally catches up to the Infiniteens flying vehicle (currently nicknamed The Short Bus) and chomps down on it:

Singirl: "Bad dog! Drop it!"

After having knocked out the giant lab, Singirl jumps onto the public broadcast channel of her radio:

Singirl: "Okay, we need some animal control out here."

Animal control arrives before any other emergency services. The guy takes one look at the giant, unconscious puppy and decides to turn around and leave.

Singirl: "Okay, we need some animal control with a really, really big truck."

From Dark Days in Korvosa, a line from Quisario Egas, Gnome wizard, after he hears the party's bard, Elaina, comment that it's been too easy going after a local crime lord....

"I know. That's why I went and got poisoned, now I will be challenged. A hero needs obstacles to overcome after all. You see when the odds are stacked against the protagonist this is when they are most bound for success. Failure and death comes at the hands of idle or lesser tasks.", Quisario says confidently still leaning on his quarterstaff, and struggling to load his crossbow. For a brief moment Quisario seems still then he lets Elaina know, "If you want I can hit you with my staff to help you survive."

From Sentry City, where Steele (a Colossus-esque romance authoress) is fighting Viper-X along with the rest of her new team, after rescuing her publicist from VIPER's clutches.

"Hey, Viper-X! Hope you like the upskirt shot," Steele grinned wickedly, leaping up into the air above the villain, coming crashing down onto him at full force.

His force field could take it, she was sure.

She misses hideously.

From the bottom of her brand-new crater in the ground, Steele raises a hand, signalling where she is at the moment.

"Damian? THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN!" She shouted from the hole.

My co-GM and I are in the process of creating NPCs for our upcoming Teen Champions campaign. We're going to be running a small version of Ravenswood that is strictly for the super set.

Jay's character: Maxwell Morgan a.k.a. Magmyte the Teenage Lord of Lava - squeaky clean, smart, comic book fan, all around nice guy

My character: Seth Thomas - no known alias at this time - oblivious, uber fanboy, so much so that he intentionally concocted a formula to give himself powers - the result he know looks like a 3'7" faun and only has a few minor powers - a little extra running and leaping - and Life Support vs. sleep and vs. anything he eats, this is the kind of kid that shows up for school picture day wearing his ST:TNG Captain's Uniform

Jay: Seth is such a nerd even Max would beat him up.

Me: Max is captain of the Chess Team. The CHESS TEAM

Jay: My point exactly.

One more to add to Josh's bunch from Sunday's Teen Champions game:

A bad guy has Striking Tiger pinned. He steals her headset to inform the rest of the team that he has a gun to her head, and will shoot if the Infiniteens don't stand down.

Singirl's player gets a wide grin as she mentally phrases her response.

Striking Tiger [OOC]: I'm going to have to make a new character, aren't I?

Singirl [over the comm, to the bad guy]: Well, good thing it's a private contractor we have dismanting your bomb, huh?

Some quotes from my Dragons R Us campaign (all the PCs are dragons):

How trigonometry saved the day!

Players are trying to figure out if the warlock's eldritch blast (max range: 250 feet) can hit the flying air elemental. It's 150 feet up and 170 away from the warlock.

PC OOC: "So it's 150 squared plus 170 squared, result square-rooted: 226 feet. Blast him!"

---------------------

AJ (OOC): "If there's enough room in this cavern for his ego [pointing to the Prince], there's enough room for the kraken AND the whale."

From Tuesday nights Champions game:

Promethean: We don't have to give Anna the axe, we could . . . I don't know, give it to charity.

Enigma: You are officially off of acquisitions.

later:

Built-To-Last: This is because of the LSD I put in the water supply, isn't it?

Enigma: And you're off of public relations.

(Phil is the Homeless Man Secret ID of Built-To-Last, we're trying to get into some form of disguises)

Inertia: Ooh Ooh! Borrow something from Phil!

GM: SNARFS COKE

Enigma: I'm not touching my crotch to summon you.

Inertia: I could Dodge, or I could hit you twice.

Players are trying to figure out if the warlock's eldritch blast (max range: 250 feet) can hit the flying air elemental. It's 150 feet up and 170 away from the warlock.

PC OOC: "So it's 150 squared plus 170 squared, result square-rooted: 226 feet. Blast him!"

?? We've used simple trig for range in our games since high school.

I've always just used a quick & dirty estimate: 1/2 the shorter distance plus the full longer distance:

2x3: estimate = 4; real = 3.6

5x10: estimate = 12.5; real = 11

6x13: estimate = 16; real = 14.6

50x144: estimate = 169; real = 152

You're pretty much always over by around 10%, so you can subtract that to get even closer (above estimates become 3.6, 11.3, 14.4, 152).

Mole remembers friends found and lost...

...Carefully, almost lovingly wrapped, is the last momento of the city of the future, and the time it was thrust into a fairie tale that was dark indeed, yet with bright spots that cut through that darkness. Mole unwraps the paper around it, and draws forth what seems to be a blasted and spitted bit of Ivory. One would probably never guess it was once a majestic swirl of a horn from a creature not of this world (and the world being sorrier for that) but that would be the truth of it. Clearing a clean spot on his wall, and putting up a fine mantle bought just to hold it, he puts up the remnant of his new and lost friend where sunlight from the window can touch it when the shades aren't drawn. He'd like to think Eth'lien would have liked that.

Later, an electric guitar send off may seem uncharacteristic for a creature of fantasy made flesh, or flesh made fantasy, but the greatest warriors have always been praised in song or string, and Adam is sure Eth'lien would forgive the modern take, at least when it came from an ally.

At that same time, in Millennium City itself, hidden for the most part under a bush, is a plain chunk of rock a bit under a foot wide. It could be part of a busted curb, or just left over construction material. However, the bush is at the back edge of Memorial Park, and the rather plain rock?

Inscribed with writing the size of a small finger are the words:

Dawn, Princess in deeds if not in blood,

hero in action

Free forevermore.

I guess I didn't make clear the completely-off-the-cuff, rapid delivery of the trigonometry in question.

But perhaps it was more 1 part had-to-be-there, 1 part English major marveling at the Math.

Pariah's luck based character Wild Card has a 15 pt Curiosity disad, and is getting into a car with a voodoo type lady (in Vibora Bay).

The players said "You may not want to do that"

His responce "I'm 15 pts worth of curious, besides I've gots 3 dice of luck, what's the worst that could happen?"

Unless one is a redneck' date=' in which is they are "Hey, y'all, watch this!"[/quote']

You know I just heard a song based on this but I can't remember who was singing it.

Hey, y'all watch this

Those are the last words of a fool.

CES

Just a bit of background first. Sometimes I have the real world (slightly modified ... or not) pop up in my campaign. A comment on "thread necromancy" caused this. Olorin is a medieval mage from another dimension who loves and uses computers. Sometimes the lingo escapes him however...

Olorin "Necromancy? On the computer? How? Who? This must be stopped! Lemme at 'em!"

Volt "Calm down Olorin. It's just a phrase used when a non active thread on a message board is made active again."

Olorin "Oh. Hey, I guess I can finally be a necromancer with a good conscience then."

Volt "Why does that scare me?"

From a recent session. See my last post for some background info. For reasons I will not get into, the heroes are talking to Bill Gates, who has just been informed Olorin programs computers.

Olorin to Gates "Go ahead. Every one else does, especially when they see me at a computer in my robes. 'Gives a whole new meaning to the term "computer wizard"'."

Gates "Actually I was thinking 'There goes a real computer wizard.'"