Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

...I'm curious. How?

Some Dungeoneering rolls on the way in confirmed the caves were in a dangerously unstable state. When we found the trap that would bring the roof down in one of the chambers, dragging the corpse of one of the hobgoblins across the trigger was relatively easily. A chain reaction of collapses proceeded. :D

Of course, most of this discovery, argument, and plan, was carried out in furious mime, because we were trying to be stealthy

... how do you quote gestures?

playtested a module for the new Living Realms. (can't say anything about the adventure itself) but a few good quotes came out of it.

GM: The townfolk are beginning to doubt the intentions of the town burghers.

Player: So they are Cheesy Burghers?

GM: Remy is promised a good spanking by the town constible.

Players! A Spanking! A Spanking!

Warlock: I move my three squares and gain concealment.

Players: Give me three steps, give me three steps Mister and you'll never see me no more.

Throwaway game session (ppl missing for regular game).

Mercs in Bolivia, thinking about retiring back to somewhere with running water. Cyberpunk type setting.

Devon - I see your bullets and raise you a six-pack.

Harvey - Fine.

Fred - All I have is this gold tooth. *holds up someone else's gold tooth*

Devon - What?!

Harvey - Do we look rich?

Devon - I am sick of Bananas!!

Harvey - These things are great *eating banana* keeps you regular.

Fred - Bolivian AA. It's a bar.

A rigged phone in a moving jeep. . .

Joel - Fred, is that you? Are you actually using a phone?

Fred - Sort of.

Harvey - I need a room with a view, and a ladder.

regarding a plan to go down the roof to the jeep below

Fred - watch out for the splinters.

Devon - That's what the leather pants are for.

Fred - Oh. I just thought you were bent that way.

Is that your damage?

He did go thru something of an Asshat phase...

Tomb of Horrors?

Yeah, encouraging the GM to mutilate pc's probably counts as Asshat behaviour- lest you are playing WHFRP or Dark Heresy:thumbup:.

Short session of the Chronicles of the Agency game...plus I was in the kitchen washing dishes so I may have missed some gems. Here's what I was able to catch - enjoy!

The Bunny, who plays Patriot - who was killed in the last session but will be back - is debating how to spend points during Patriot's "downtime..."

Patriot (OOC): I could spend points on Regeneration, but I really want to buy Universal Translator.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Right...then you can say "Please help me - I'm dying" in every human language.

During our second mission briefing...

Agent Belle (NPC): Our intelligence says that the Skymaster is planning his conquest by attacking Washington, D.C.

Rocket Ranger: And Patriot isn't here to help defend us?

Agent Belle (NPC): No, he isn't.

Rocket Ranger: We're dooomed!!!

Agent Belle (NPC): Yes, we are.

The Bunny's comment following the above exchange...

Patriot (OOC): If I'm going to be the last, best hope of the United States, I going to need more experience points.

The team is bouncing around ideas about the Skymaster's impending assault and the GM gives us a "subtle" hint...

Rocket Ranger: We could take a plane up and see if we get lucky and spot the Skymaster's zeppelin.

GM: That's a smart idea.

Havoc (OOC): Oh, well, we better skip that one. What else do we got?

After being assigned a plane to scout with, Rocket Ranger wants some backup in case something goes wrong...

Rocket Ranger: I can give you folks a crash course in piloting...

Havoc: Don't use the term 'crash' please!

Our esteemed GM asks Clubber's player - who was in the Air Force - for some information...

GM: How many planes are typically in a fighter squadron?

Clubber (OOC): Oh, depending on the period and situation, anywhere from ten to fifteen planes...

The Rest of Us (OOC): WHAT?? :eek:

Rocket Ranger (OOC): No, no, no...don't tell her that!

Patriot (OOC): Um, depending on the period and situation, anywhere from one to two small planes...

As the team flies toward the oncoming forces of Skymaster, the Mighty Huntress uses her cat-like powers to climb outside the plane and have a look around. When she spots a number of enemy fighter planes...

Mighty Huntress (OOC): I crawl down over the cockpit window and hold up eight fingers.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): How is she holding onto the plane?? :nonp:

Mighty Huntress (OOC): I hold up my clawed feet.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): NOW how is she holding onto the plane?!? :eek:

Some slightly in character, slightly out of character banter...

Clubber: You ever see King Kong?

Mighty Huntress: I don't like horror movies.

Rocket Ranger: It's the Pulps era. You mean you don't like documentaries.

Then the Mighty Huntress spots the Skymaster's zeppelin base...

Mighty Huntress: See? There? It's the big cloud that looks like a zeppelin.

More next week when we face (and hopefully defeat) the Skymaster.

- Lonewalker

The Via Legacy campaign (fantasy hero, 3 PCs and 1 incompetent NPC) reconvenes, and hilarity ensues.

Hope, OOC, remarks during combat, "Okay, I'll hold my action until Captain Grabby is done."

A phase later, there are three unconscious bodies, a deep gash in the leader, and footsteps thundering up the hall, but some distance away. The two engaged in combat look expectantly at Gillian, the bard. She says, "No, no, I think you guys got this one."

Having dispatched the bandits, the heroes explore the cave, to find that two had been interrupted in a game when the alarm sounded. Hope asks, OOC, "Is there a hex map?"

Gillian is talking about the bardic tales ordinary people don't hear, that are merely passed around amongst bards. "They all start with, 'One time, at Bard Camp . . .'"

Then the Mighty Huntress spots the Skymaster's zeppelin base...

Mighty Huntress: See? There? It's the big cloud that looks like a zeppelin.

I think the exchange went something like this:

Rocket Ranger:

Mighty Huntress:

Mighty Huntress: There it is!

RR: Where?

MH: There! Right in front of us!

RR: I don't see anything.

MH: It's that giant zeppelin thing, right there!

RR: What? Where?

MH: OK, you see that cloud there?

RR: Yeah...

MH: The one that looks like a zeppelin?

MH: That's the zeppelin.

RR: Zeppelin? Where?

:rofl:

Rocket Ranger:

Mighty Huntress:

Heh. Good one. :D

Reminds me of a Star Wars con game I was in, playing a bounty hunter working with the Rebels.

Our mission was to exfiltrate a Rebel agent with vital information, but the message had been garbled in transmission, so all we knew was a location and that the agent had something white.

We arrived at the contact point (a bar, natch) and my character flubbed the Perception roll. I quipped, "I'm too busy staring at the waitress' cleavage."

We then proceeded to hit every damn red herring the run had, following each to its inevitable dead end. Each time we came back to the bar, the GM would ask for a Perception roll, my character would flub it, and I'd joke about how he was still staring at the waitress' chest.

Finally, in frustration, the GM unleashed a squad of stormtroopers on us. As the fight started, the bounty hunter moved to cover the waitress, telling her to get down. She looked at him in disgust, pulled off her wig, revealing white hair, yanked out a blaster and joined in.

You guessed it, she was the agent we were there to help. :o

From Sunday's Heracles' Children: The First Age game

Pelorius: Did Critias get back?

Lydos: Yeah and he discovered a few things Like that bribery exists.

Critias discovered that General Xenos has been re-assigning the best of the Thebian military to a secret and elite unit that was being trained to deal with Heraclidae in general and them specifically. The team begins to speculate about what would happen if he decided to use them to kill King Tisamenus and take control of Thebes. The group is under a mandate to remain out of matters that do not involve other Heraclidae (Supers), Monsters or Sorcery, and one by one they decide that they would have to either accept the rule of King Xenos or leave Thebes. That is until they get to Critias.

Critias: I'd pop his head off and kick it down the stairs.

There's stunned silence until he points out that their mandate comes from King Tisamenus who would be in no position to enforce it.

Guest Major Tom

Rocket Ranger:

Mighty Huntress:

Oh, man... and this is one of the heroes in whose hands the fate of Western

civilization rests?

All of a sudden, the word FUBAR comes to mind...

Major Tom :D

A German hero with lightning powers encounters the PCs at a bar.

Fritz: And my name is Fritz (lightning courses over him)

Eris: Oh, I see! Fritz! We call our TV that when it does that, too.

That's outstanding. "You must spread some Rep blah blah blah...."

can anyone start a herakles childeren thread ?it seems interesting judging from jtelsons post

I've been working on a blog for it but I haven't done that before and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to write about the campaign. Everything I've written thus far is just flat out bad. I'll talk to BlackCobra, one of our groups talented writers about maybe doing the Lydos Scrolls.

Continuing the D&D campaign, as the heroes sail home after saving a colony of half-elves...

Non-player comment: "Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."

One of our ships had been grabbed by two giant hands from beneath, and is being taken away (basically being pulled along from below like a boat toy in a bathtub).

Ryan: I grab my rope, tie one end to the railing of the ship, and the other end around my waist...

Il'Marcum: This can't go anywhere good. Are you getting ready to keelhaul yourself?

Our attacks finally hurt the sea giant enough that he surfaces, and we see that he's basically got the mentality of a child. Y'llek uses his Bluff skill, which he only has at "1". In Hero terms, we're talking an 8- roll, but he makes a bunch of good rolls.

Y'llek: You don't want *that* boat. It's no fun. You want the *shiny* boat we saw earlier.

Giant: Shiny boat?!

Y'llek: Yes, very shiny. Big, shiny boat.

Giant: Where shiny boat?

Y'llek: It's off that way. (Points out to sea, not where we're heading) If you hurry, you can catch it.

Giant: Real shiny boat?

Y'llek: Yeah! But you better hurry, it's sailing away.

Giant: (mumbling to self as he heads back underwater) Go get shiny boat. Fun shiny boat...

Y'llek: I *really* hope there's not a ship in that direction...

Discussing the future plans of one party member, who's a son of a noble.

Il'Marcum: Are you going to kill everybody?

Ryan: Not everybody. Just those that stand in my way...

DM mentions that we're sailing at night under a full moon. The players start guessing what we're going to face.

Aren: Rabid flying dire were-sharks.

Il'Marcum: With frickin' lasers on their heads.

The ships are attacked by a bunch of undead drowned sailors. As the battle gets underway, the iPod, playing random music in the background, starts playing "Thriller."

Yllek: Why does *this* song always come on when we're fighting undead?

Non-player comment: "Trample the weak, hurdle the dead."

Discussing the future plans of one party member, who's a son of a noble.

Il'Marcum: Are you going to kill everybody?

Ryan: Not everybody. Just those that stand in my way...

I think one or both of these quotes might have to get saved for a character I might end up making for a game that I'll get to play in.... about a year and a half from now. :(

From quite a few years ago now, when we were playing a Herman's Head game at one of Sydney's roleplaying conventions

4 players playing the various aspects of Herman's mind, 5th playing Herman. GM has roped friends and his girlfriend in as NPCs...

Herman is in the middle of being interviewed by studio assistant (as played by GM's girlfriend ). Busy conversation, with lots of input from Herman's brain. Right up until this...

Herman's Lust
:
*Murmurs quietly*
Herman.... look down.

Herman obediently and unthinkingly does so. Into her cleavage.

GM was NOT impressed.

From quite a few years ago now' date=' when we were playing a [i']Herman's Head[/i] game at one of Sydney's roleplaying conventions

4 players playing the various aspects of Herman's mind, 5th playing Herman. GM has roped friends and his girlfriend in as NPCs...

Herman is in the middle of being interviewed by studio assistant (as played by GM's girlfriend ). Busy conversation, with lots of input from Herman's brain. Right up until this...

Herman's Lust
:
*Murmurs quietly*
Herman.... look down.

Herman obediently and unthinkingly does so. Into her cleavage.

GM was NOT impressed.

They were playing the characters. And playing them well actually. If the GM couldn't handle that then he had no business RPing with his girlfriend.

Some Dungeoneering rolls on the way in confirmed the caves were in a dangerously unstable state. When we found the trap that would bring the roof down in one of the chambers, dragging the corpse of one of the hobgoblins across the trigger was relatively easily. A chain reaction of collapses proceeded. :D

Of course, most of this discovery, argument, and plan, was carried out in furious mime, because we were trying to be stealthy

... how do you quote gestures?

Youtube.:D

The ships are attacked by a bunch of undead drowned sailors. As the battle gets underway, the iPod, playing random music in the background, starts playing "Thriller."

Yllek: Why does *this* song always come on when we're fighting undead?

My group's preferred song for fighting undead was 'Change my pitch up, smack my Liche up.'