Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Guest steamteck

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The goddess Hera has been kidnapped by an Evil insane genetically engineered dimension hopping superman and the players assemble a team to stop him. Karnilla Freyheim ( the most beautiful convincing woman in the world meets physically perfect shapeshifting lady James Bond recruits Ares onto the team ( he's a major Villain) which already has Athena on it

There is a huge fight where the Players trash evil versions of some of their other players

Thunderchild ( my avatar if Doc savage became the golden age Superman) 'Fortunately they underestimated us they were formidable opponents"

Athena " we should be more careful it won't happen again"

Ares ( in sinister deep evil voice) " they could never possibly understand the even the concept of the god of war much less..."

Karnilla " Ares stop! Just Stop!"

Bedrock ( a REAL brick so to speak) " so Athena CAN smile"

So tonight we started a new D&D game. We have:

An Elf

Two Halflings

Two Dwarfs

One guy didn't show up he's either a Dwarf or a human.

Class wise we have:

A paladin

A cleric

A Knight

A Wizard

A Ninja

And either a Druid or a Commoner.

Guess who is who?

So our front line warriors are War Dog Riders, Halfling Knight and Paladin

Followed by Dwarven Priest, Dwarven Mage and Elf Ninja

The remaining player was being a bit pissy; so we don't know if he's going to be a dwarven druid or a human commoner.

We're first level and have been through minor adventures that got us together before play began.

We arrive in the town where we were hired to investigate some attacks on a mine. We're put up at the inn and they are pampering us as everything has been prepaid by the mining company.

The inkeeper comes up to us and (OOC) says: "If there's an adult with you, you all eat for free!"

During our first encounter we're fighting goblins. The wizard puts two to sleep (along with the Paladin's Wardog Mount) and my Knight who is basically the Paladin's long time friend and considers herself his squire/second, rushes forth and challenges the Goblin closest to him. She slays him and runs towards the unconscious Goblins and...since she's a Knight, she passes over them and helps the goblin behind them wake them up. So that she's surrounded.

Phoebe: "Are you okay? Do you need a second to catch your breath? No? Okay, you mother sleeps with pigs and I'm going to gut you."

A second encounter with a smaller number of goblins goes overwhelmingly well for us and one is left. We offer him a surrender (he crit fumbled and was prone) but he jumps up and tries to run away. So the Paladin and the Cleric, who both get Attacks of Opporotunity basically stab him and bash him, while his back is turned.

Phoebe (Angrily To Paladin): "You take a level of Rogue I wasn't aware of?"

Gayle finds herself trapped in the Rookeries of Babylon, hunted by her worst nightmare (Paulie) from her time on the streets in the real world and has agreed to perform a service for a strange 'garbage man' in order to buy the safety of a street kid she'd just saved from a gang of giant rats. She and 'Keeper' are discussing what it is she has to do...

"You and Paulie are of the 'Real' world," Keeper insists quietly. "That limits what I might do...

"Whatever happens between you here will produce ripples which affect more than just yourselves, and I suspect motives beyond Paulie's wish to inflict pain and suffering upon your body," Keeper continues, seeming to almost be speaking to someone other than Gayle -- though they are alone in this dark place, Keeper almost seeming to be a part of the trash which clutters the cracked brickwork paving...

"I need for you to do more than merely attempt to escape Paulie's attentions. I need for you to seek him out, and not just defeat his personal intent, but discover how it is he was able to draw you to the Rookeries and trap you here."

As she finally comprehends what it is Keeper is asking her to do, she stops dead and just stares at the being in shock.

"Are you serious? You want me to hunt down and interrogate Paulie?"

"I wish you to discover answers," Keeper responds, his shrug almost sensed more than seen...

"How, would be a matter of your own discretion. I'm certain he intends far worse for you than mere interrogation, though I suspect the limitations you set yourself -- even with him, should he fall within your power -- are far more stern than he sets for himself."

Keeper falls silent for a moment before searching once more among the rags and bags...

"Ah, I new I had one of these somewhere," Keeper mutters -- presenting a gray plastic badge for Gayle's study, a child's filthy toy...

"If you are to be more than two animals fighting for survival and dominance among the concrete of the Jungle of Man, you must represent more than yourself...

"Are you truly worthy of the charge this represents?" Keeper asks the universe at large, offering the 'badge' for Gayle to accept -- or not. "To safeguard the dreams of the innocent? To seek among the shadows as others sleep? To place yourself in gravest peril, that others might know only peace?"

...the words have the feel of an oath to them...

"Will you answer the prayers of City's weakest Child? Or will you allow hopes to be snuffed out, and drowned in suffering and pain?"

Lettered in black on the dull gray: Jr. Detective...

"Life is choices. Living is making choices," Keeper offers at last, the words a challenge...

Gayle takes the toy badge, starting at it while Keeper continues, sighing at the feel of his words.

There was really no other answer in her, despite the fear that threatened to turn her knees to water. She would not turn her back on helping another, not to mention she had already agreed to this, was already bound to it.

She just had no idea how she was going to fulfill this bargain.

She regards the being known as Keeper for a moment, a rather forlorn look on her face.

"You know I can't say no, even if I hadn't already bargained for this." She says, half accusingly, and half resigned.

Marvel Galaxies game:

Post Apocalypse: there's a reunion on the colony at Tau Ceti:

with Wonder-Man, who is mister hollywood,

and Hercules, the lion of olympus, and braggart,

and Shatterstar, the man genetically engineered to be a handsome gladiator,

and Star-Fox, the eternal ladies man:

they are all swapping war stories, and one-upping each other over beers

at the local watering hole.

the GM asks Kisa Ariah, whom some call Cat-Girl, "where is she during the bull session?"

her one word reply: :sick: HAIRBALL!

From Void's player, regarding the current Papal visit to Australia and draconian laws about not annoying the pilgrims with offensive t-shirts

"Kiss MY Ring"

Latest issue of City On The Edge postponed again, but Skeleton Crew racing towards a multidimensional climax

When In Rome - Part 3

The Skeleton Crew are still in Alternative Rome, c. 300 A.D. ( Well, at least the trip keeps the geomantic cannon back in Nebraska from fully charging up. )

12 hours of play, and only now does some sort of combat look likely, as we identify another time-travelling cross-dimensional group at work and send one of their agents to the arena to be torn apart by rabid gerbils, or something.

Void wants the doomed agent's stealth suit

Orca
: "Oh, it's an invisible Void."

The Gunney
: "Not only is he not there, you can't see him."

Vitus
: "One of the threats to their universe comes from mine trying to reform around me, like a pearl forming around irritating git. I mean grit."

Seeking the underground base.

Void
: "So, I rip the side of the hill off with distintigration... No?"

Vitus
: "No. Look at all the trouble Firewing got into when he burst in through a wall unexpectedly"

3/Jasmine OOC
: "My Picasso!"

Vitus OOC
: "Yes.
*glares at Mistery E Magister, who nicked the replacement - an original stolen as reparation by Firewing.*
Her Picasso."

Mister E Magister
:
*looks innocent*

Pushing a big stone aside aside, and musing on the biblical antecedents.

The Gunney
: "We are not Udeans"

3/Jasmine
: "No, we just have someone who *thinks* he's Christ"
*glares at Vitus*

Vitus
: "Meh - an under-achiever"

Revealing a squad of Brittanians.

Mister E Magister
: "Oh, look, they have guns. How quaint."

They also have red jackets with gold-frogging, blue tights, and black boots.

3/Jasmine OOC
: "Ok, they have to die."

Vitus OOC
: "For crimes against fashion?"

Vitus
: Well, you *could* try teleporting all over the place without the slightest by-your-leave from the local gods.
You
could. I think I'll walk."

The Brittanians are trying to arrange allies against a Lovecraftian invasion.

Mister E Magister
: "So, you're British - do you have the head of any of these invaders on a plaque?"

Brittanian Intelligence Op
: "No, actually, they seem to dissolve"

Mister E Magister
: "Ah, well that confirms you tried :D"

The invaders were released by a catastrophic weakening of the dimensional lattice, caused by an out-of-control drifting reality.

The Spectre OOC
: "Hands up who looks at Vitus"

The Gunney OOC
: "Hands up who looks at Void"

Orca OOC
: "Hands up who can do both"

Other characters argue about best way to amputate Vitus from reality before he can do any more damage.

"Are you trying to get Vitus killed?"

"As a player?"
:sneaky:

Void
:
*Flexing his disintigration field*
"only his complete dissolution..."

Vitus
: "You're not helping!"

Others agree that cutting Vitus out of time would satisfy everybody.

Void
: You've got one hell of a character disad, man.

Vitus
to
Mr. E Magister
: "Regarding your comparison of me to a gangrenous limb, an appropriate Latin phrase comes to mind -
Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum
."

Magister went on to compare Vitus to plaque, a mastiff who's had his bone taken away, and more. I.e. -

Void
to
Vitus
: "Apparently you're a burden on the Universe now"

Orca tries to apologise to the host

Orca
: "Forgive my friends, they're superheroes"

Mister E Magister
: "I'm not a superhero! Come over here and I'll eat you to prove it!"

: "Are you aware Istvatha V'han has declared war on your universe?"

Vitus
: "I'm not surprised - The Spectre shot her, the whore kicked her in the head, and what did you do?"

Void
: "Grabbed her throat and said

'get lost or I'll kill the bitch'"

Vitus
: "Quite."

Void
: "I was trying to solve things peacefully!"

On time travel.

: "Captain Chronos is a special case."

The Specter
: "That's one way to put it".

: "Oh, we have plenty of intelligent officers, these days."

Vitus
: "The stupid ones all got eaten."

Back to Champions Earth, where the Champions themselves ask the Skeleton Crew for help.

Vitus
: "Us? Help? The situation MUST be desperate."

Vitus
: "Is this important? I'm in the middle of writing an urgent letter to Doctor Lin Wu."

The Gunney
: "Yeah, about that... Vitus, you know Dr Lin Wu, any idea what he's up to on the Blasted Plateau of Tsang?"

Vitus
: "Preparing the remaking of the Middle Kingdom as a thaumocracy, with my full support, presumably."

Defender
: "Well, something very bad has happened there."

Vitus
: "Is he ok???"

No he's not. Somebody nuked the plateau.

Vitus
: "Sure, I may have made a bigger hole in Kingdom City, but all that cost was a herd of police and Leatherback. But this was the greatest native mage on your world! Who would do something like this?"

DEMON would.

The Specter
: "Hey! I'm hunted by those arseholes!"

Mister E Magister
: "They're responsible for my existance. You have no idea how much I hate these guys."

Vitus
: "They summoned me to this hell-hole!"

Mister E Magister
: "You have no idea how much I hate these guys."

The Gunney
: "Did Dr. Wu experiment on humans?"

Vitus
: "Eh, probably - there's enough of you."

Regarding a twisted mockery of a human corpse we discover, to a Chinese captain who really wants to know what happened to the superteam he sent in.

Vitus
: "Hey, you in the hat - this one of yours?"

Orca
: "I never finished that forensics course. Doctor Destroyer blew up my homework."

We're working on the final stages of our new campaign (see my sig below) and one of the characters is a demon-possessed warlock. He's on the skill list for the demon half of his multiform. We've been brainstorming ideas back and forth and get to a point where we run out of steam:

GM: I'm sorry, I just never thought to put together an EveryDemon skill set.

Now for the latest adventures of the Misfit League. They have two separate things going on at once (well, three but only Olorin is involved in one and he is getting close to a successful conclusion on that) and are bouncing between the two. One is Volt, the group leader, is trying to start an equivalent of a Justice League of America, and is putting the idea before most hero groups and solo heroes. The reception has been pretty good, but the last group is asking questions about who is in charge and where they would meet.

Olorin “If I had to, I could create a pocket dimension and give you access. Think Tardis form Doctor Who.”

Then a player said a line “I can just hear someone saying…” so I used it…

Generic Npc from group they are talking to with given line: “We could always kick the UN out of the UN building and use that.”

Black Tiger in response to line: “We would never get rid of the smell.” He was smiling, and that caused some to worry.

The other scenario was a paranormal setting fires in low rent apartments. He was finally seen doing it, but two of the group (the others were doing other things) had to let him go to rescue people form the building. Heroes: Gem - female in alien power suit that looks male and Disarray- mentalist with Tk who is quite good looking. Both played by females.

NPC#1 upon Gem coming in to the room “What took you so long?” He ended up being helpful pointing out which apartments were occupied (building “I know everybody’s business” guy.)

Meanwhile, Disarray, goes in to an apartment where the guy is in the bathtub as the fire is between him and the exit.

Disarray “Sir, wet yourself down and put a wet cloth over your face.”

NPC 2 “Ok, I’m turning on the shower.” Sees her and says “Dang! I get rescued by a good looking woman super. Must be my lucky day.”

Disarray “Excuse me sir, I’m going to use it too since I’m not fireproof. … I guess this is a wet-shirt contest.”

NPC2 “My t-shirt is wetter than yours.”

The PC's, after several weeks of travails, have finally tracked down the Ninja who stole the soul of the team's immortal chinese half-dragon sorceress.

Combat ensues. The teleporter, El Caminante, snatches the soul holding knife away from the ninja.

Ninja: You will pay for this!

El Caminante: I have a twenty in my pocket.

Now, ordinarily, this would be pretty insulting. Unfortunately, El Caminante is from Argentina, and his nation's currency pretty much sucks. This is like telling a guy you have 20 mexican pesos in your pocket. So not only did he taunt him, he also insulted the value of his honor!!!!!

Earlier, while trying to find the hidden temple, the PC's decide to have their illusionist pretend to be a gorgeous blonde and walk into a nearby village to ask directions. Unfortunately, the village is filled with white slavers. Ooops. So she finally negotiates a deal with these guys. At this point, Doctor Pranava, the mentalist, interrupts and says "As soon as I see the guy, I mental illusion him. I make sure that we all look different. He looks mediocre, the chinese sorceress looks like a flat faced asian woman of no consequence, Northwind looks like a geeky professor with glasses and a sportcoat, and I look like a towering Sikh with a turban on."

Me: What????? Okay...

(Secretly rolling randomly to determine if any of the illusions look like anyone this guy knows...(5 on 3d6)

Goon: Mr Hobinda!!!!! (Staring at Doctor Pranava...) We did not know it was you, Boss!!!!! Please, do not kill us!

Players: ?????????

So now, next week's villain is Guktar Hobinda, white slaver. Ooops.

From Sunday's session of Heracles Children: The First Age

The final session of the My Big Fat Greek Wedding arc.

The group has returned from Delphi after making sure that Polyxena and Nicius' wedding was not interrupted. The Oracle, in conversations with several of them, has repeatedly told them that Thebes is doomed which had led to a discussion about Free-Will and predestination and whether they want to throw Thebes' Doom in one direction or another to minimize the damage. After pretty much deciding that they're going to do everything they can to defend Thebes from all comers they begin to drift off leaving just Critias and Lydos.

Lydos: We can keep discussing this if you like.

Critias: Do regal me 9Sounding Bored)

Critias (Aside): Everytime he says Free-Will or Choice, I take a drink

Pelorius (OOC): Lydos;The Drinking Game.

From last nights Shadowrun game.

Tumbler (Me) OOC: "It's an improvised monofilament whip."

Raptor OOC: "That's the scariest three words I have ever heard!":angst:

When said thug has both of his ankles shot out from under him, the cable wraps around his body. Diced thug results...

Tumbler: "Raptor (Technomancer), we're posting that on YouTube."

In referrence of our interrogation techniques,

Raptor: "They're doing their worse-cop/even-worse-cop routine."

After some comments by some children to his being covered in blood...

Tumbler: "I just saw a guy get diced by his own monowire, and you kids are what's creeping me out."

From the A:TNG game...

Hornet, to a currently unknown shrinker using Pym-based gear...

"You have GOT to be kidding me. Do you even understand the principles behind that gear? Do you understand the potential hazards of long-term Pym Particle exposure? Especially if you're using an early version of the shrink-gas formula there could be substantial risks. If you're nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant you should not use Pym Particles. I'd be happy to talk to you about it after you wake up."

Why, yes. I AM easily amused... ;D

We're doing a Second Ed DnD Version of 150 years after the Lord of the Rings... alternating with my Low Superheroes campaign....

we have a Dwarven Fighter

a Ranger of the North & Gondorian Nobles son (me)

An Elven Valar worshipping healer

an elven mage

and a thief from Rohan

highest Charisma is me with a 12....

In the Library of Gondor the Librarian notices the Elven Mage translating a Mordorian version of the red book with tactical commentary from the bad guys point of view ( Ie. the witch king made mistakes here, here and here Sauron was stupid here etc...).

Head librarian: "Mordorian Texts, ooh that is an ill omen."

Me Without Skipping a beat: "Got any Dictionaries?"

we decide to try to sell off some pipeweed from the third age we discovered under the tower of Orthanc. this sparks comaprisions between pipe and weed referenceing munchies and how no one would notice if hobbits had the munchies because they eat all the time.....

GM: how did you get the pipweed here?

Felstaff the Weaponmaster (Me):well we tied it on behind our horses I guess.

Gm: "Well I guess that is what I get for not asking sooner, pity you didn't put it on a mule...."

We decide to trade the pipeweed for magical and quality items which brings me to the realization

"I'm a noble of Gondor and Ranger of the North, who is peddling dope to buy magical items...."

I buy a power that enables me to sumon small water spirits to perform the Messenger spell (small creatures carry messages to places to communicate with others) I decide to send a message to the dwarf to find him faster.

Gm: "Ok what quantity of liquid are you sending your message to?"

(me):"Well with the amount of beer he is drinking ill send it there.

(Gm): *Looks helpless*

(Dwarf): *Mimes clapping a hand over his mug looks straight at the bartender and says* "I'll bet you the rest of the keg there that there is a little guy in my beer."

me OOC talking about my wife: "I'm just a boy toy for the necromancer who looks good in the clothing choices she makes for me" :D

"I'm a noble of Gondor and Ranger of the North, who is peddling dope to buy magical items...."

"Some call it athelas; some kingsfoil; but I just call it pot," said Aragorn, puffing contentedly on his pipe. "Got any lembas wafers?"

Reminds me of a quote from the GM of an old D&D game...

"NO! Selling 'meditation incense' to the priests of peace and carpentry was bad enough, you're not selling crack to the war-priests! You're not becoming drug dealers in my D&D game!"angst.gif

D&D Game, group is a Paladin-Monk of Haden the Sun God, Cleric of Haden, Sorceror cursed to only create fire spells, and a Wreck-butt Fighter. I will shamefully admit to playing the Pala-Monk. ;)

We stumble upon a corpse while investigating some murders for the Duke.

Pala-Monk: "Espritu Sanctu, Dominae..nocturnum, Pox...vobiscum...um...don't let the door hit ya where Haden split ya." *Turns to look at the Cleric* "This is really more your thing."

*Same Pala-Monk rolls a 6 to identify the holy symbol of a major, and well known, evil god* "I have no clue, must be some fringe cult."

*Wash, rinse, repeat, on another Major evil god's symbol* "Where are you guys finding all these fringe cult groups?"

Cleric: "You really need to get back in the library."

Pala-Monk: "Well as a novitiate, I did get perfect scores in 'hitting things 101', so that might have something to do with it."

Best, likely, without an explanation:

Joshua (OOC) while in combat: "Okay, I'm done. I'm all out of bikes."

GM: "Okay, so she's secured to the chair with your arms. Now what are you going to do?"

Linette (our "melting" chearleader): "Its Winnebago time!"

GM: "What?"

Linette: "I'm going to run him over with the armor-plated souped-up Winnebago. I don't think I'm going to hurt him with rubber-band arms."

GM: "Oh, okay..."

Linette: "How fast is this thing?"

GM: "21 inches of movement."

Linette: "SERIOUSLY?! What's in this thing, a rocket or something?"

J.D. (our super-strength density increasing snowboarder chick) is winding up for her big hit when...

WHAM! The Winnebago runs into Brutus, the enemy brick, knocking him away, with the cry of "Yaaaaaaaay....." tailing off.

GM: "Okay, Dex 24, what's your action?"

Kung Fu Blackness (name no longer remembered): "I continue to be unconscious! And my left foot wiggles a little."

GM: "Excellent! Dex 18... "

A quote from our Deadlands game...

We were fighting a hideous, misshapen, patchwork man whose vocabulary seemed to consist of nothing but a raspy, wheezed-out "bbbobbbbbbbb". He's carrying the unconscious body of a woman he's kidnapped, and our bullets seem to be having little effect.

Old Man Larson: Maybe we should try to parlay with him?

Father Jack: Right. What do you suppose the conversation would sound like?

Boggs (wheezing): "Hheeeeey, Bbbbobbbbb, iiiisss ttthaatt yyyooouuuuurrr neeeeewww gggiiirlllffrrieeendddd?"

Father Jack (also wheezing): "YYyyoouu ttwwwwwwooo looooookkkk reeeaaaaaallyyy ccccuuutte ttooggggeeethhherrrr..."

It took us five minutes to stop laughing and get back to the game. ;)

GM: "You hear the sounds of battle. The clang of metal on metal, the grunts and whines of the goblins, the whooping of Phoebe."

Not a quote, but more of an astute observation followed by pantomime.

Our elf "rogue" (ninja) has been instrumental at finding many secret/concealed doors in our dungeon. However, he's also been brought low at nearly every door he's found because he opens them before the rest of the party can get there and back him up. After being brought to nearly death, he's avoiding doors for a bit and then the party finds a what appears to be a goblin "bathroom". But there is a concealed door behind the filth. He finds a concealed door and enters, inside is a chest. We call to him and ask what he's seen. He ignores us and checks the chest for traps. Then the priest who knows what's coming counts down on his fingers silently, when he gets to one, the elf tries to open the chest and get's stuck by a poison needle.

Then to our surprise the CON 9 1st level rogue makes two consecutive Fort Saves. It was a humorous night.

Heck, the druid braining our Cleric on a botched sling attack wasn't even the most interesting part.

From our Robotech campaign:

The Squadron is awakened at 1 A.M. by our player Squadron Commander named Jared and a Ltn named Charles. Both have just come back from a late-night debriefing for a mission. Jared tells us to get dressed and ready. Still sleepy, one of the other characters who is a doctor, Mina, is curious 'what's up' so Charles decides to clue us in a little:

Charles: "I'm just giving you advanced warning that we're probably going on a mission that we shouldn't be going on to rescue someone who is on a mission that they definitely shouldn't be on.

Mina: "And this is different... how?"

Charles: "We have advance warning."

Later, the squadron is sleepily waiting for orders. Jared looks at the group.

Jared: "What took everyone so long to get ready?"

Charles: "We're sleepy."

Jared: "You were supposed to be ready 5 minutes ago."

Charles: "Oh yeah... we're also slackers."

As only one player showed up for dark heresy, and he brought a friend, we decided to try hero system in practice (after both of us having tried to recruit players for half a year). We ended up playing a very silly dark champions like thing. The players are chasing a group from CLOWN through the sewers to save some DNPCs.

the players:

lolz-cat: once a normal house cat, until he was bitten by a normal house cat.

Pie-Rat: A rat-man pirate who has a pun-triggered pie attack. Hates clowns.

Mime (GMPC): a duplicating mime with force wall powers (gestures limitation).

Some notes from character sheets:

Lolz-cat: Animal handler, I handle myself well.

Lolz-cat: TF: Backpack

comment on an insane summer (the rest of the normal party was at the beach):

GM: Lets go to the sauna and cool down

The dice fall of the table (fifth time):

GM: Hit location: floor

First time with segments:

Pie-rat: now the post-12s, right?

GM: We're not in segment 12 yet... *checks notes* ...now we're in segment 12

Lacking models, we used dice:

Pie-rat: hey, you just rolled me!

(the clown bull rushed him)

Ultimatum:

Clown boss: surrender or your friends will be pied.. eh, died.. crap, I mean killed.

Half a second later, blinded by a pie, he toke a 3d6+1 AP rapier to location 13, doing 17 damage. I mentioned that that pie-rat hates clowns...

The Infiniteens reconvene after a summer off. We return to find that Foxbat has purchased our school, and has declared the school colors neon green, orange, and bright red. He even has matching school uniforms. We don't really swing into action, however, until permission for Sushi Night is given, and he adds, "And wait'll you try this yummy gummy sushi I've made!"

So we ambush him at a Debate Club event-cum-staged-protest. Singirl foolishly argues with him, and finally declares this is HER town. "Oh, like the Old West!" he says gleefully. Finally seeing a chance to knock him flat, she agrees. He starts counting to ten, but, at three, she blasts him.

"Hey! That's cheating!" he yells.

"Uh . . . demon," she points out.

Later, after we've defeated him for a second time, Striking Tiger radios to the rest of the team, "Whoever wants to beat on Foxbat, I'm landing on the front lawn of the school grounds in about two minutes."

The whole team showed.

In OOC chatter, we had real gummy bears on the hex map (Josh took a picture, and I'll try to talk him into posting it later), which were eaten as they were defeated. At one point, Striking Tiger's player popped one into her mouth, only to have the GM joke, "Oh, it's not dead yet." She replied, "As far as I'm concerned, it is."

I forgot to write 'em down, so that's all I got.

In OOC chatter, we had real gummy bears on the hex map (Josh took a picture, and I'll try to talk him into posting it later), which were eaten as they were defeated. At one point, Striking Tiger's player popped one into her mouth, only to have the GM joke, "Oh, it's not dead yet." She replied, "As far as I'm concerned, it is."

Heh. That reminds me of a SF game I played in eons ago where we, in desperation, used popcorn for figures. When one of the characters got blasted with overkill damage, the GM dutifully rummaged through the popcorn bowl and replaced his "figure" with a burnt-out kernel. :D

Hood, an archery Weaponmaster, discovers a hostage while reconnoitering the scene of battle. The hostage is connected to a bomb which prevents moving him. Hood rejoins the group and calls out:

[heavy Cockney accent] "Anyone know anythin' about bombs? There's a bloke in there wired for sound - that sound bein' 'Bang!'"

The GM actually used the quote on his e-mails for about a week.

I must be doing something right... ;D

When the subject turns to enemies, Mole shakes his head, "Dude, you never know WHAT or WHO you're going to face. Time Travel, other dimensions, Fairy Tale transformations....I honestly think at this rate my weirdometer needs an 11"