Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Heh. That reminds me of a SF game I played in eons ago where we' date=' in desperation, used popcorn for figures. When one of the characters got blasted with overkill damage, the GM dutifully rummaged through the popcorn bowl and replaced his "figure" with a burnt-out kernel. :D[/quote']

Occasionally when I run big agent heavy combats I'll use M&Ms, Skittles, Hershey Kisses, etc. Then we apply the 'Eat what you kill" rule. :D

Okay, 4th session of this big ol' combat...

Kung Fu Blackness (we have yet to refer to him by his name except on very slight occasion, so I can't remember it.. sorry.): "Another 24 segments and I'll have 1 stun!"

Linette: "I try to make my fist grow."

GM: "What, do you blow on your thumb or something?"

Linette: "If that works, sure... but I figured I'd just try to 'will' it bigger first."

Random OOC conversation quote...

"Yeah, and the woman always asks... 'watcha thinkin'?... NOTHING! I'm completely capable of thinking about nothing... "

"Or... meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow..." (as per the old commercial)

A.J. leaps into the air for a gigantic, CoH Total Focus style, haymaker. She smashes Brutus, the villain brick, into the ground into a sort of anime style crater doing inspirational amounts of damage and stun. Everyone is very impressed, and Brutus is KtFO.

GM: "Oh, I forgot knockback..."

A.J. (ooc): "*gasp* I get knockback, too?!"

GM: "No real point to it now..."

Monte: "I don't care, I punch him with my haymaker anyway. I already wound up for it."

Linette rolls for full speed Winnebago Move-through action, getting a large fist full of dice... subsequently rolling very, VERY badly. All OOC.

GM: "Wow... that's pathetic."

Linette: "Aawwww maaaaaan...."

Kung Fu Blackness: "How sad... "

Josh: "Ugh... dude..."

(Mentalist guy we keep calling "the old guy"): "Oh... that's not good."

Monte: "Phew... whoa..."

GM: "We have now coined a new term. 'Rolling a .' How lame."

Linette: *sigh* "That sucks... "

Okay, 4th session of this big ol' combat...

Kung Fu Blackness (we have yet to refer to him by his name except on very slight occasion, so I can't remember it.. sorry.): "Another 24 segments and I'll have 1 stun!"

Recovered or left?

Kung Fu Blackness (we have yet to refer to him by his name except on very slight occasion, so I can't remember it.. sorry.)

Don't feel bad man. I don't think he's actually called HIMSELF by any other name.

And even if he had, his name started off as Tristan, then was Joshua, then JJ...

A small number of quotes from our Chronicles of the Agency Pulp Champions game. Sorry so short - I wasn't doing so well at recording the good stuff. :doi:

Patriot is asking the prisoners about the witch doctor's family, who we promised to rescue...

Patriot (OOC): Do they know the witch doctor?

Havoc(OOC): Yeah, he tells them what to do!

During a tactical discussion...

Patriot: I only have to be killed once to learn my lesson!

After a comment about using Clubber as a 'fastball special' gun against the Nazi guards...

Havoc: You don't get a higher caliber than Clubber!

Typical Clubber tactics...

GM: What do you do with the unconscious Nazi?

Clubber: I use him to hit a conscious Nazi! :eg:

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Session 17 of Vendetta Rhapsody

Ferrous (OOC): "Pardon my Cheez-Whiz memory, but...."

Ferrous (OOC): "[No, not an INT Roll, an] Ent Roll. Roll a tree."

Ferrous: "You're trying to be suspenseful and you're just being boring."

GM: "Do you have KS: Second Syndicate?"

Sidewinder: "Why should I?"

GM: "'Cause you're after the Second Syndicate!"

Erica Chase: [Claymore] is the guy who almost killed Koyotie that one time."

Burlesque (currently imitating Koyotie's SID and in a worried tone of voice): "What?"

Burlesque (after seeing Koyotie clean out Claymore in 2 Phases): "Note to self -- don't get her mad at me."

Ferrous (OOC): "Did I buy Breakfall?"

Koyotie (OOC): "Yeah, it's called putting the agent between you and the ground."

Ferrous (OOC): "Cul-de-sac, the terror of suburbia."

GM: "He's French."

*Several People*: "Oh, that explains everything."

There's a supers-only martial arts tournament in town and the GM read off some of the people there: Blackout, Expatriate, Justifier, Kimbo Slice, Malefactor, Lacuna, Alacrity, Silhouette, Knockout, Jackhammer, Gold Scorpion, Texas Twister, Shinigami, Bombardier, Akashic, Strife, Shock, Bane, Hannya, Disavowed, Silencer, Esoteric, Marauder, Phantom Bokken, Anathema, Blindside, Furia, Nemesis, Obitchuary, Chainsaw Bunny, Onslaught, Warchild, Scourge, Nameless, Faceless, Painkiller, Cul-de-sac, the Sidekick Formerly Known As Tiger.

Linette rolls for full speed Winnebago Move-through action, getting a large fist full of dice... subsequently rolling very, VERY badly. All OOC.

GM: "Wow... that's pathetic."

Linette: "Aawwww maaaaaan...."

Kung Fu Blackness: "How sad... "

Josh: "Ugh... dude..."

(Mentalist guy we keep calling "the old guy"): "Oh... that's not good."

Monte: "Phew... whoa..."

GM: "We have now coined a new term. 'Rolling a .' How lame."

Linette: *sigh* "That sucks... "

Our GM had a history of rolling poorly quite often (although he tended to make it all up when rolling damage on one character - and only against that character). It got so bad that we started calling "Jim Roll!" when anyone rolled particularly badly.

At this time, we were playing our campaign at a game shop with several separate gaming tables. One night all play at our table stopped when we heard the following announcement from one of the other tables...

"Jim Roll!" rofl.gifAnd no, we didn't know any of the people at the other game. :D

(On a sadder note, the GM in question retired those dice and bought a new cube of green ones. We think he spent a lot of time training them, because they average 4+ for damage rolls and under 3 the rest of the time. shock.gif)

Guest Major Tom

A small number of quotes from our Chronicles of the Agency Pulp Champions game. Sorry so short - I wasn't doing so well at recording the good stuff. :doi:

Patriot is asking the prisoners about the witch doctor's family, who we promised to rescue...

Patriot (OOC): Do they know the witch doctor?

Havoc(OOC): Yeah, he tells them what to do!

During a tactical discussion...

Patriot: I only have to be killed once to learn my lesson!

After a comment about using Clubber as a 'fastball special' gun against the Nazi guards...

Havoc: You don't get a higher caliber than Clubber!

Typical Clubber tactics...

GM: What do you do with the unconscious Nazi?

Clubber: I use him to hit a conscious Nazi! :eg:

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Somebody's using Clubber as a projectile weapon?! Just who in this

campaign is strong enough to do that, that isn't a bad guy?

Major Tom :confused:

Okay, so the fearless investigators have found a) a magical sword, B) the tomb of a great hero, and 3) a captured Cleric/Mage who venerates the God to Wisdom (a Diviner). Our wizard is a) happy, B) intrigued and c) got some sort of mage-envy.

This is out of character but still had us rolling.

Party is attacked, and we've started gelling as a team using tactics and we're doing quite well, the NPC doesn't really do anything as she doesn't have to. When asked what he does in the second round of combat the wizard says:

"I hit Sylva with the but of my cross bow and shout, 'Did you see that coming? Did ya? Huh?' "

He didn't really, but we're immature enough to spend the next five minutes giggling.

Marvel Galaxies

Hi Evo: Someone built a Wolverine Clone in your facility, and you didnt notice !?!

BOX: it was the old part of the lab, no-one goes there anymore...

=============== :confused:

Hi Evo: Why do you walk everywhere you go? We have a shuttle!

Hercules: It matters little who arrives first, compared to who stays last.

================== :king:

GM, speaking to Kisa, who some call Catgirl: make a PER roll.

Starfox: Not That PURR roll, the INT one.

======================= :nonp:

Starfox: sorry, lost my little black book in the Apocalypse.

=================== :celebrate

Hi Evo, OOC upon seeing Weapon Zeta, a Wolverine Clone:

"We're all dead, I didnt realize this was an X-men comic"

============== :bmk:

not a quote, but Hercules rolled a critical hit, and rolled two less

than max damage on one attack. was it his potent fists? his mighty mace?

NO! it was when he rolled up a bunch of ice and snow in the canadian wilderness,

and beaned a Skrull agent upside the head with it. a frikkin snowball...

it was poetical karmic justice, because the Skrull snipers

had earlier shot Starfox right in the face.

============== :idjit:

Kisa has psych disads versus the Shiar,

and is going around the perimeter, offing the Skrull stragglers.

so one Skrull tries to sell out his Skrull team-mate by telling her

"Look, kill him! he always shape-shifts into Shiar forms,

he loves them, has a Shiar flag hanging in his bunk back at the base"

;)

Our GM had a history of rolling poorly quite often (although he tended to make it all up when rolling damage on one character - and only against that character). It got so bad that we started calling "Jim Roll!" when anyone rolled particularly badly.

At this time, we were playing our campaign at a game shop with several separate gaming tables. One night all play at our table stopped when we heard the following announcement from one of the other tables...

"Jim Roll!" rofl.gifAnd no, we didn't know any of the people at the other game. :D

(On a sadder note, the GM in question retired those dice and bought a new cube of green ones. We think he spent a lot of time training them, because they average 4+ for damage rolls and under 3 the rest of the time. shock.gif)

He didn't train them, he showed them what happened to the last dice and they're too scared to not roll well. I think KoDT had that idea in there sometime.:bmk:

Playing a Dresden game using the buffy rules;

"Don't you have fairies to clean the place up?"

"They prefer to be called homosexuals..."

"What did we talk about?"

"Don't trust anyone who wears grey?"

"No, the other part of the conversation."

(One character is playing a Warden)

"In the corner is what looks like a stereotypical Indian..."

"Is he crying over the environment?"

(After a very bad joke)

"Drama Point!"

GM: "No, it's a trauma Point"

In Edge City 3-D

Spook Squad Diviners : "The only way you'll get back to your universe is by following the Black Paladin."

Zero : "Follow that cad!"

Players completely derail the GM plot for a six-hour session featuring hundreds of bad guys, their agents, and a demonic headquarters, with two teleports and a Move Thru.

Trawler : "So... To draw away a hundred of these hell-hounds we're going to need some kind of decoy..."

*everybody looks at Zero*

Zero : "Hang about, I just want to check my copy of the team charter, in case it says something about Edge City limits."

Terminus : "Well, in that case we have an obvious way to make a distraction - Trawler takes out the building."

GM : D:

GM : "Of course the bomb squad has already been subverted - the Nightlords like to use false bomb threats as distractions themselves."

Terminus : "Oh good - then we let the bomb squad go in first, THEN level the building"

GM : D:

Terminus : "This is kind of liberating - I've never been on the other side before."

Radiant Avatar of the Sun : "Just for fun, I'll phone in the threat."

Zero : "Going to be a Sunni terrorist, are you?"

Me : "We have upset our GM, and am ashamed." *hangs head*

GM : "Do you know what migraine triggers are?

Purrdence : "Yes, Drhoz, Kevin, Barbara...

Kingdom City plot threads are starting to tangle together - we may well be approaching an end to the campaign D:

The Spectre's Player : "Everything we've given Jasmine is to bring her up to the level to play with the big boys"

Jasmine's Player : :evil grin:

Me : "Why why why would you hand her a straight line like that? Why?"

The Gunney's player wants to spend XP, but not intrude on other PC specialities.

Me : "Somehow I don't see the Gunney as a seductress."

Jasmine's Player : "He doesn't have the legs."

Void : "And you call me an anti-hero!"

Vitus :"Well, you DO disintigrate people in public. *mutters under breath* At least I only do it in private.."

GM : "Vitus, you're on the roof monitoring the Outer God under the river when the sky goes black - but the black lightning isn't coming from that direction - but all your Qlippothic detection talismans go off anyway."

Vitus : "@@@@! Oh, not @@@@. @@@@!"

Felicity : "Oh great, now the Gunney is screwing around with magic too."

Vitus : "Worse, that's another one of THOSE. Another world-eating entity inimical too all life and sanity. Excuse me whilst I send some emails."

Vitus : "Mr Mayor, you remember how I said to dig out the evacuation plans for the city? You might want to start making some photocopies."

The psychic shockwave also roused up an old enemy enough to bust him out of the state holding facility and aim him back towards Kingdom City.

The Specter : "Wait, which Beast are we talking about?"

Vitus : "Grond's big ugly brother with head-explodey powers."

The Specter : "Oh, the one *we* made."

Puts a hideously modified Warhammer giant on the table, looming four times as tall as the tallest PC figure.

The Specter : "Oh. He's grown a bit, hasn't he? D:"

Orca : "Ladies first."

Felicity : "Go ahead then."

Orca : "I'm not a lady."

Felicity : "Neither am I."

The Specter : "The Spectre has just been run over by his own car, with his mistress at the wheel, 'unconscious' - If I die from this, you know how it's going to look on the police report?"

Mr. E Magister's player : Best thing Alan Moore ever did won't ever get made into a movie.

Various suggestions

Mr. E Magister's player : Dark Knight Returns

Me : That was Frank Millar!

Mr. E Magister's player : I always get those confused - They're both Franks

all together : Alan Moore is a frank????

Alas, the escape was all a distraction to let a mind-controlled Void wreck the intercontinental geomantic cannon.

GM : "So, my GMPC friend, get out your character sheet"

Void : "...bastard..."

Mr. E Magister : "And the GM gets out the rubber glove and debates the need for lube.

The Specter : "The two-headed fallopian chicken hand-puppet."

Just as well not everybody went off to fight the Beast, and Void found himslf up against the two most versatile and happily murderous PCs. Mister E Magister, and Vitus.

Void : "Step back or the nuke gets it."

*silence*

Vitus : "What????"

Void : "I have a coffee-table and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Void, now firmly under control of the Void Entity, is dropping alien nukes, petrol tankers, etc, onto the D-cannon plaza. The nukes, being thankfully robust, just smash through into the service tunnels underneath, where Vitus is preparing magical traps.

GM : "You hear a loud detonation"

Vitus : "Not something I want to hear in relation to nuclear bombs!"

Orca : "As a side note, it's the fuel-air explosion that knocks me into GM-discretion."

To Void, who was quite dissapointed the nukes hadn't gone off, earlier, but was finding dropping pairs of petrol tankers much more effective.

Vitus : "Ok Void, NOW you see a big flash in Kingdom City."

The Specter and 3/Jasmine don't show up until after Void is taken down - entangled by Sepia Scorpion Sigils, slapped between a pair of petrol tankers which then exploded, and repeatedly beaten by Vitus with the Elephant Prod until we're sure he's stopped twitching.

Mr. E. Magister argues with the Specter, now he's arrived, about letting Vitus kill Void dead.

"Vitus alive saves the universe - Void dead saves the universe - you do the maths! And shoot the bastard yourself!"

The two are so late because they were off being 'busy', and the Specter's commlink is built into his costume, and the Specter "Doesn't do it with the mask on."

Leaving 3/Jasmine's player helpless with the giggles thinking about if he ever DID, and accidentally hit team-broadcast.

Jasmine OOC : "Magister and Void wouldn't say anything - they'd think it was funny."

Vitus OOC : "Well yes - Void was the one who kept teleporting into the background of the sex tape, and giving thumbs-up to the camera. But I suspect Vitus's reponse would be 30 seconds of paralysed rage and a "If you don't turn off your radio right now I WILL kill you'"

The Wardens after they have recovered the rogue Prime and brought him back to Alcatraz...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lazarus, Amethyst and the Knight while on the way to interview Prime after he went rogue...

Lazarus - "Who is going to be the good cop and who is going to be the bad cop?"

The Knight - "I am going to be the bad cop and you two will be the silent cops."

Delta-Vee and Prime arguing...

Prime - "Do you have any evidence that you were not created by the re-animated head of Walt Disney?"

Delta-Vee - "No more evidence that you have been controlled by the re-animated head of Walt Disney."

Delta-Vee - "Where is the head?"

Prime - "Everyone knows that the frozen head of Walt Disney is kept in Cinderella's castle at Disney World"

Prime - "Lets get back to the basics, I behaved in a totally responsible manner."

Delta-Vee - "Prime in all the time that I have known you, you have never acted responsibly."

Delta-Vee - "Why using third person?"

Prime - "It gets complicated when talking about multiple dimensions."

Delta-Vee - "Just say him."

Discussions of what to do with Prime...

Delta-Vee - "I would not mind an interview with a competent psychoanalyst."

The Knight - "Why would you want to subject the psychoanalyst to that?"

Amethyst - "He acts like a child."

Delta-Vee - "You have to convince Prime to submit to oversight from a competent scientist."

Lazarus - "I can do it."

Amethyst - "Bring Johan Doyle in maybe?"

Lazarus - "Sure he only has a restraining order against Prime, I am sure he will be glad to help."

Amethyst - "Keep your friends close and enemies closer."

Lazarus says they need to help Prime grow up...

Delta-Vee - "What do you think we have been doing since each of us met him?"

Lazarus - "Sticking him in a room with lots of toys and telling him to go play."

Delta-Vee - "I am not going to do anything with the Prima Donna"

Lazarus - "We have a new member named Prima Donna"

Delta-Vee - "Prime Donna if you prefer"

Delta-Vee - "You are from what we call a feudal society?"

The Knight - "Why do you ask that question?"

Delta-Vee - "To establish a common social point of view"

The Knight - "Things between Louisiana and California are that different?"

Discussion on trust...

Delta-Vee - "If someone dangled Mark in front of me, I would throw all of you under the bus."

The Knight - "If you have a problem with Mark, please come to us to help you before you give us a ground's eye view of the bus' transmission."

Other discussions...

Lazarus - "Difficult to maintain touch with your humanity when you are furry and hyper intelligent. You are different."

Prime - "Just a little different."

Delta-Vee - "Did you ever find the stable where you keep your horse?"

The Knight - "Yes?"

Delta-Vee - "It has paranormal talents?"

The Knight - "I prefer to think of it as God's will."

The Knight - "How many totally irresponsible people have you met?"

Lazarus - "Many"

The Knight - "Interesting, Forrest Gump does shrimp and Lazarus does irresponsible people."

Lazarus - "Prime has lost his humanity."

Delta-Vee - "Yeah, he thinks he is super-evolved and better than us."

Amethyst - "Arrogant, in his own way"

Delta-Vee - "Yeah, it will take him into cybernetics."

The Knight - "Speak not the name of the demon, lest he appear."

Delta-Vee - "When you get ready to bring him to the community center, let me know so I can tell my kids to stay away."

Lazarus - "Why? He can teach them to play laser tag."

Delta-Vee - "Exactly."

Somebody's using Clubber as a projectile weapon?! Just who in this campaign is strong enough to do that' date=' that [i']isn't[/i] a bad guy?

Heh. Sorry if that quote wasn't clear. Havoc's player's comment was about using Clubber as the 'gun' itself to 'fire' Patriot across the map to close with the Nazi guards. We're all pretty sure that Clubber that throw anything at a velocity exceeding the best machineguns of the time. :)

Lonewalker

Fresh from tonight's (Sunday's) session, more quotes from the Chronicles of the Agency Pulps HERO campaign:

Mighty Huntress plays the part of scout in our trek through the Unterweld...

Mighty Huntress: I think I hear water up ahead. I'll go investigate!

Rocket Ranger: Scream in agony if you trigger any traps.

Mighty Huntress: Okay! Wait, what?? :nonp:

After scouting ahead, Mighty Huntress spots a group of clothed and armed reptile men moving toward some sort of snake temple. Excitedly, she runs back to tell her teammates...

Mighty Huntress: Isawabunchoflizardmenwearingclotheswiththiscobrathingthatwasbigandroundandtherereovertherebytheriver!!!

Rocket Ranger: Okay, one more time...in a language other than Spazz.

As young Huntress charges headlong into more danger...

Havoc: Did her parents sign a waiver before she joined our team?

The Heroes are surrounded by reptile men, who manage a few words of 'English...'

Lizardman Guard NPC: sssHailssss sss-Hiltersss...

Patriot (OOC): Did it just say "Heil Hilter?"

GM: Sounded like it.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Nazi Lizardmen?

Patriot (OOC): The best of both worlds! :eg:

Discussing what we might find in a Nazi-run Reptileman city...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Now we'll run into a Lizard saying he 'ssssseees nothingsss...knowssss nothingssss...'

Patriot (OOC): Sssssergeant Ssssschultz!

Rocket Ranger (OOC): And their leader will be a lizardman wearing a monocle...

Havoc (OOC): His name is Colonel Skink!

As the Heroes are led through the Reptilian city, they are witness to one lizard guard killing a lagging human slave. The team doesn't react well...

Patriot: He...he stabbed that man!

Havoc: No, he ran him through....that goes above and beyond stabbing! :mad:

Patriot is furious over the wanton murder and promptly attacks!

Patriot (OOC): I'm just going to leap over the guards like a red, white, and blue rabbit.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): A VENGEFUL red, white, and blue rabbit.

Patriot attacks the offending (and surprised) Reptilian soldier...

Patriot: Taste star-spangled justice, you cold-blooded freak!

Patriot proceeds to hit with a 4...and follows up with massive amounts of damage...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): Nothing like triggering a Psych Lim to motivate the dice.

Clubber: And to paraphrase, 'I think they know we're here.'

His first foe down and out, Patriot moves to the next Reptileman warrior...

Patriot: Time to open up a good old-fashioned can of all-American whup-ass.

Havoc: So what were you using before?

Patriot: Already used up that can - gotta pop another.

Rocket Ranger: This is Patriot. He's carrying a 24-pack case under each arm! :thumbup:

Patriot nimbly evades a swarm of Reptilian attacks...

Patriot (OOC): I float like a butterfly. I sting like a bee.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): No, dude, you sting like a howitzer. :thumbup:

While flying over the battle, Rocket Ranger is narrowly missed by a KB'ed Reptilian warrior flung past him by Clubber...

Rocket Ranger: 'Duck' is not a warning I usually get in battle.

In a later battle, Patriot goes toe-to-toe with a 'boss' Reptileman after knocking out all the grunts...

Patriot (OOC): I just did a Sweep so I'm probably going to take this on the chin.

Jake French (OOC): But this is Patriot and his square jaw is chiseled from the stone of Plymouth Rock.

Patriot (OOC): Ooo...I like it. :rockon:

Player reaction to a triple-teamed 'boss' Reptilian who has just been sent into the GM-discretion zone of STUN damage...

Jake French (OOC): Ow. By the time he recovers from his coma, he'll have evolved!

(For those following the Chronicles, Jake French is the character of a new player to our group. He's sort of a super-Pulps character - tons of skills, strong right hook, and a mean shot with any gun.)

More next week! Enjoy!

Lonewalker

HOLY MOLEY !!!!!

that game is in Fort Collins!

He's close eough that if I divorced my wife i could try to join up!!!

anyways just south of that startling action we had on saturday.

Quote of the week goes to Archaeopteryx with: "A.I. Prisoner or Stalker with a crutch, you decide on the next Dr. Phil."

Which resulted in a 4d6 NND attack against the Gm with a SFX of carbonation attack to the sinuses.

HOLY MOLEY !!!!!

anyways just south of that startling action we had on saturday.

Quote of the week goes to Archaeopteryx with: "A.I. Prisoner or Stalker with a crutch, you decide on the next Dr. Phil."

Which resulted in a 4d6 NND attack against the Gm with a SFX of carbonation attack to the sinuses.

HOLY MOLEY !!!!!

Anyways just south of that startling action, we had on saturday.

A quote so nice he had to say it twice? ;)

From the Hero Board chat:

08/04/2008 12:17 Ya, mine Amazon order hast arrived

08/04/2008 12:19 Three hot muscular brunettes in chainmail bikinis?

Considerable subsequent discussion omitted.